Iodine and Potassium Iodide

She has prescribed me vitamin D, selenium, omega 3 fish oil and L-thyroxine Henning 50 (here I should start with half a tablet). If I understood the thread correctly, this artificial hormone is not so good.
As long as thyroid function is normal, you could wait on the L-thyroxine or get thyroid glandular instead. For instance:

It would be a good idea to monitor closely to see how it develops. If there are lots of antibodies, you can go into full blown hypothyroidism quickly, and you'll need something better than the thyroid glandular above to support your gland.

On the other hand, if you supplement with selenium, vitamin D, cod liver oil or fish oil, avoid gluten and dairy, soy and so forth, the autoimmune attack against the gland might calm down, and your thyroid function will be preserved.

I would avoid iodine supplements for the time being and concentrate on the supplements suggested, i.e. selenium. It can happen that when there's not enough selenium, there can be Hashimoto's triggered by the iodine.

I would test thyroid function in one month, 3 months at the most. I would add a Helicobacter Pylori test because that bacteria often triggers Hashimoto's, taking the precaution of avoiding NAC and anti-acids a couple of weeks before the test to not skew the results.

You should probably post the rest of your blood tests before commenting on cholesterol. Here's a more dedicated thread for that topic:

As long as thyroid function is normal, you could wait on the L-thyroxine or get thyroid glandular instead. For instance:

It would be a good idea to monitor closely to see how it develops. If there are lots of antibodies, you can go into full blown hypothyroidism quickly, and you'll need something better than the thyroid glandular above to support your gland.

On the other hand, if you supplement with selenium, vitamin D, cod liver oil or fish oil, avoid gluten and dairy, soy and so forth, the autoimmune attack against the gland might calm down, and your thyroid function will be preserved.

I would avoid iodine supplements for the time being and concentrate on the supplements suggested, i.e. selenium. It can happen that when there's not enough selenium, there can be Hashimoto's triggered by the iodine.

I would test thyroid function in one month, 3 months at the most. I would add a Helicobacter Pylori test because that bacteria often triggers Hashimoto's, taking the precaution of avoiding NAC and anti-acids a couple of weeks before the test to not skew the results.

You should probably post the rest of your blood tests before commenting on cholesterol. Here's a more dedicated thread for that topic:

Dear Gaby, thank you so much for your quick reply. :hug2: This diagnosis upset my whole internal world last week. Unfortunately, these are all the blood results I got. I will see that I can still do a detailed blood count and get the sonogram as soon as possible. Thanks for the tip with the natural thyroid supplement. It's on order!
This incident is a wonderful motivation to pay better attention to my diet again, as I have become a bit lax here again. It's not so easy during the Christmas season :whistle:

Dear Gaby, thank you so much for your quick reply. :hug2: This diagnosis upset my whole internal world last week. Unfortunately, these are all the blood results I got. I will see that I can still do a detailed blood count and get the sonogram as soon as possible. Thanks for the tip with the natural thyroid supplement. It's on order!
This incident is a wonderful motivation to pay better attention to my diet again, as I have become a bit lax here again. It's not so easy during the Christmas season :whistle:

Hi Mililea,

First of all there can be numerous causes of hashimotos/thyroid autoimmunity. Fortunately you have caught it before it has started to manifest as a decline in thyroid function, so your in a fairly good position.

I'd recommend checking out Isabella Wentz' website "The Thyroid Pharmacist". She herself had Hashimoto's and has written extensively on the topic. There are numerous articles discussing good solutions.

She also has a book titled "Hashimoto's Protocol" which I know many people benefited from. Here is her website:

Por favor ,alguien me puede ayudar?
Las gotas de yodo se pueden poner en el antebrazo en vez de tomarlas oralmente? Me produce ardor y quiero tomarlo por un tiempo prolongado.

Las gotas de yodo se pueden poner en el antebrazo en vez de tomarlas oralmente? Me produce ardor y quiero tomarlo por un tiempo prolongado.
Javierus, this is an English speaking forum. It would be considerate of you to use an online translator for your posts. One that is used often here on the forum is Deepl. I'll translate your above post for you so that we can understand what you are saying.

Javierus, este es un foro de habla inglesa. Sería considerado de tu parte usar un traductor en línea para tus mensajes. Uno que se utiliza a menudo aquí en el foro es Deepl. Te traduzco tu mensaje anterior para que podamos entender lo que dices.

Please, can someone help me?
Can iodine drops be put on the forearm instead of taking them orally? I have a burning sensation and I want to take it for a long time.

Javierus, este es un foro de habla inglesa. Sería considerado de su parte utilizar un traductor en línea para sus publicaciones. Uno que se usa a menudo aquí en el foro es Deepl . Traduciré su publicación anterior para que podamos entender lo que está diciendo.

Javierus, este es un foro de habla inglesa. Seria considerada de tu parte usar un traductor en linea para tus mensajes. Uno que se utiliza a menudo aqui en el foro es Deepl. Te traduzco tu mensaje anterior para que podamos entender lo que dices.
I apologize. I didn't realize it, the entire Forum appears to me in Spanish, my PC automatically translates it for me. I'm going to ask the question in English.

Yes you can do that, as skin absorbs iodine. But you'll have to put it on large surfaces of skin because a pert of that iodine is lost by evaporation in the air. If you don't like its taste when taking it orally, you can dilute it in more water.

Yes you can do that, as skin absorbs iodine. But you'll have to put it on large surfaces of skin because a pert of that iodine is lost by evaporation in the air. If you don't like its taste when taking it orally, you can dilute it in more water.
Some people put it on their heel since you cannot see it there. It does stain the skin until it is absorbed.

I went to a doctor today for a thyroid ultrasound. Her words were that I have a boring thyroid, there are not even nodes in it and she thinks my values are in the normal range. She would not take anything at all. Finally some good news.
She was almost shocked by the thyroid capsules.... as if I had told her I was taking rat poison. I just said it was recommended to me and ignored her funny face. At the ultrasound she was friendly again.

Anyway, thanks again to you, dear Gaby, for your quick help! :hug:

Thanks for the message, Chu!
I posted my "Questions For the Cs" as soon as I could.
It wasn't just because I was encouraged by Chu that I became so proactive, I started taking iodine after reading in the Covid thread that Gaby said iodine gargles are effective for periodontal disease.
別にChuに励まされただけで、こうも積極的になれた訳ではなく、Gabyが歯周病にはヨウ素ガーグルが効くと、Covid スレで言ってたのを読んで、ヨウ素を飲み始めたからなんです。

In sessions with Cassiopaean, numerous detoxification methods were introduced until iodine was finally introduced, but the drugs used for them were not free and basically unaffordable to me with zero spending money.
カシオペアンとのセッションでは、最終的にヨウ素が紹介されるまでに数多くのデトックス法が紹介されていたのですが、それに用いる薬剤はタダではなく、基本的に小遣い0円の僕には手が出ませんでした。

However, here in Japan, the trend has been to remove masks, and the purchase of iodine gargle liquid has been approved as a measure against periodontal disease.
ところが、ここ日本でもマスクを外す流れになってきたので、歯周病対策ということでヨウ素ガーグル剤の購入が認められました。

So I began to gargle, or rather, rinse out my mouth. It felt really refreshing, but I felt it was a waste to just spit out a large amount of the solution. I couldn't help but think that it would be wasteful (mottainai) to just spit out the iodine, which I couldn't touch when I translated "Iodine - Suppressed knowledge that can change your life".
Iodine - Suppressed knowledge that can change your life -- Sott.net
So I rinsed my mouth out and drank it. Then, I felt as if I was 10 years younger and more powerful…
で、うがい というか、口をゆすぎ始めました。実にさっぱりしていい感じなのですが、大量の薬液をただ吐き捨てるのは何とも勿体ない気がしました。「ヨウ素 - この栄養素に関する抑圧されてきた知識はあなたの人生を変えるかも知れない」を訳した時には手が出なかったヨウ素をただ吐き捨てるなんて。そこで、口をゆすいでそのまま飲んでみたのです。そしたら、10歳は若返ったように力が湧いて来るではありませんか。。

It wasn't just because I was encouraged by Chu that I became so proactive, I started taking iodine after reading in the Covid thread that Gaby said iodine gargles are effective for periodontal disease.
別にChuに励まされただけで、こうも積極的になれた訳ではなく、Gabyが歯周病にはヨウ素ガーグルが効くと、Covid スレで言ってたのを読んで、ヨウ素を飲み始めたからなんです。

In sessions with Cassiopaean, numerous detoxification methods were introduced until iodine was finally introduced, but the drugs used for them were not free and basically unaffordable to me with zero spending money.
カシオペアンとのセッションでは、最終的にヨウ素が紹介されるまでに数多くのデトックス法が紹介されていたのですが、それに用いる薬剤はタダではなく、基本的に小遣い0円の僕には手が出ませんでした。

However, here in Japan, the trend has been to remove masks, and the purchase of iodine gargle liquid has been approved as a measure against periodontal disease.
ところが、ここ日本でもマスクを外す流れになってきたので、歯周病対策ということでヨウ素ガーグル剤の購入が認められました。

So I began to gargle, or rather, rinse out my mouth. It felt really refreshing, but I felt it was a waste to just spit out a large amount of the solution. I couldn't help but think that it would be wasteful (mottainai) to just spit out the iodine, which I couldn't touch when I translated "Iodine - Suppressed knowledge that can change your life".
Iodine - Suppressed knowledge that can change your life -- Sott.net
So I rinsed my mouth out and drank it. Then, I felt as if I was 10 years younger and more powerful…
で、うがい というか、口をゆすぎ始めました。実にさっぱりしていい感じなのですが、大量の薬液をただ吐き捨てるのは何とも勿体ない気がしました。「ヨウ素 - この栄養素に関する抑圧されてきた知識はあなたの人生を変えるかも知れない」を訳した時には手が出なかったヨウ素をただ吐き捨てるなんて。そこで、口をゆすいでそのまま飲んでみたのです。そしたら、10歳は若返ったように力が湧いて来るではありませんか。。
In fact, as early as elementary school, a classmate (dentist’s son) said to himself in front of me, "Is this an alveolar abscess?"
実は、早くも小学生の頃、同級生(歯科医の息子)が私の目の前で "これは歯槽膿漏か?"と独り言を言っていたのです。

Because of this disease, it was difficult for me to make friends and lovers, and my life was so solitary that I had to read books. I read a lot of books, though.
この病気のせいで、友達や恋人を作ることが難しく、本を読むしかないような孤独な人生でした。たくさん本を読みましたけどね。

As a result of wearing masks due to the Covid, I was able to interact with my friends. The fear that if I take off the mask I'll lose friends, I dare to drink iodine, my gum disease will get better, and my head will start spinning again as it should! What an exquisite trigger mechanism!!
コビドによりマスクをした結果、友人と交流が持てるようになり、マスクを外したらまた友達がいなくなるという恐怖から、あえてヨードを飲み、歯周病が良くなり、また頭が本来のように回転するようになる! なんて絶妙なトリガーメカニズムなんだ!!!

---
There is growing evidence of a connection between inflammation in the body and diseases of the brain such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, and dementia*. There have been recent clinical and epidemiological studies investigating the possible links between periodontal bacteria (that elicit inflammation) and the onset and progression of neurodegenerative diseases.
体内の炎症とアルツハイマー病、パーキンソン病、ALS、認知症などの脳の病気との関連性を示す証拠が増えつつあります*。最近では、歯周病菌(炎症を誘発する菌)と神経変性疾患の発症・進行との関連性を調査する臨床研究・疫学研究が行われています。

Periodontal disease is a complex, chronic disease characterized by a bacterial etiology and an inflammatory response. Dental plaque is harbored by many species of bacteria, in an attempt to combat this bacteria, the human body signals an immune response. Many times, however, the immune system fails to remove all of the “bad” bacteria. The inflammation response tends to become chronic. Bleeding gums, inflammation, swelling are all signs of this response to bacteria. Over time gingivitis leads to periodontitis which includes bone loss around the teeth.
歯周病は、細菌性の病因と炎症反応を特徴とする複雑な慢性疾患である。歯垢には多くの種類の細菌が生息しており、この細菌に対抗するために、人体は免疫反応を起こします。しかし、多くの場合、免疫系は「悪い」細菌をすべて除去することができません。このような炎症反応は慢性化する傾向にあります。歯ぐきからの出血、炎症、腫れは、すべて細菌に対するこの反応のサインです。歯肉炎が長期化すると、歯の周りの骨が失われる歯周炎につながります。

Neurodegenerative diseases affect 50% of elderly patients. Age and heredity are two key risk factors for these diseases, another is the presence of amyloid proteins. This protein may be caused by inflammation produced by periodontitis.
神経変性疾患は、高齢者の50%が罹患するといわれています。年齢と遺伝がこれらの疾患の2つの重要な危険因子であり、もう1つはアミロイドタンパク質の存在である。このタンパク質は、歯周炎によって引き起こされる炎症が原因である可能性があります。

So what’s in common?
では、何が共通しているのでしょうか?

Two periodontitis-related mechanisms related to brain diseases are inflammation and bacteria.
脳疾患に関連する歯周炎のメカニズムとして、炎症と細菌の2つが挙げられます。

In the process of inflammation, signal proteins are released into the blood. These proteins reach the brain via systemic circulation and by following the nervous system. These proteins can amplify a reaction favoring brain disease progression. The bacteria themselves that cause periodontitis have been found to invade the central nervous system (the brain), some cause the creation of amyloid. There is a statistically significant relationship between the main bacteria involved with periodontal disease, P. gingivalis, and dementia.
炎症の過程で、シグナルタンパク質が血液中に放出されます。これらのタンパク質は、全身循環を経て、神経系をたどって脳に到達する。これらのタンパク質は、脳疾患の進行に有利な反応を増幅させることができる。歯周炎の原因となる細菌そのものが中枢神経系(脳)に侵入し、一部はアミロイドを作る原因になることが分かっています。歯周病の主な関与菌であるP.gingivalisと認知症には、統計的に有意な関係があることが分かっています。

おっと、貼るとこ間違えた!でも、アルバムとシングルを両方買ってたこの曲は、今にして思えば、予言してたんだなあ。。
Oops, wrong place to put that! But I guess this song, which I bought both the album and the single, was prophetic, now that I think about it.

It was my dream to enter a monastery in Europe, so my life was as close to that as I could get, so no problem. I'm sorry for without being asked, but at the time I was afraid of Anart and couldn't even introduce myself.
ヨーロッパの修道院に入るのが夢でもあったので、それに近いと言えば近い人生だったからノー・プロブレムです。問わず語りというやつで申し訳ないんだけど、当時はAnartが怖くてろくに自己紹介もできなかったもんだから。

It was my dream to enter a monastery in Europe, so my life was as close to that as I could get, so no problem. I'm sorry for without being asked, but at the time I was afraid of Anart and couldn't even introduce myself.
ヨーロッパの修道院に入るのが夢でもあったので、それに近いと言えば近い人生だったからノー・プロブレムです。問わず語りというやつで申し訳ないんだけど、当時はAnartが怖くてろくに自己紹介もできなかったもんだから。
Who is Anart Takashi ?

Check out gargling with Hydrogen Peroxide.

With regard to Iodine. If I find it again I'll post, but I read a comment by a Indian doctor who stated that they use in his hospital a diluted solution of special iodine and flush their nostrils with it before starting their work. Something along these lines

Who is Anart Takashi ?
This person.
この人です。
After that, I forgot which session Laura hinted that she wouldn't come again, and that was it.
その後、どのセッションか忘れたけど「彼女はもう来ないだろう」とローラが仄めかしたことがあって、それっきり。

Check out gargling with Hydrogen Peroxide.

With regard to Iodine. If I find it again I'll post, but I read a comment by a Indian doctor who stated that they use in his hospital a diluted solution of special iodine and flush their nostrils with it before starting their work. Something along these lines
Please read linked material below:
これを読んでね。

Back
Top Bottom