Iodine and Potassium Iodide

D'après ma dernière prise de sang de vendredi 27 mai ma TSH US (3ème génération) est à 9.839 mUI/l elle devrait être inférieure à 4
21 06 18 : 6.594
09 01 17 : 1.647 (j'étais passé de 5 gouttes de Lugol 12% à 1 goutte par jour)
15 09 17 : 19.341
13 08 16 : 10.500

Liste des compléments alimentaires que je prends chaque jour :
Directement au lever le matin : ½ cuillère à café de sel marin Celtic dans un grand verre d'eau
1 heure après : Lugol 2 gouttes 12% dans un verre d'eau
Petit déjeuner : 2 cuillerées à café de Glycine qui adoucit mon thé
Directement avec le petit-déjeuner (bol de thé) : 1 comprimé super vitamine B complexe,
1 comprimé sélénium, 1 gélule vitamine D, 1 comprimé Vit A
1 heure après 3 grammes L-Arginine
Directement après le déjeuner midi : Chardon-Marie 1 comprimé ou 1 comprimé de NAC,
2 comprimés Probiotique
Dans l'après-midi : 1 cuillerée à café Vitamine C dans un verre d’eau
Avant de dormir : magnésium 1 comprimé

Mon médecin traitant voudrait me mettre sous médicament mais je ne veux pas...
Je prends actuellement 2 gouttes de lugol 12% chaque matin devrais-je repasser à 1 goutte ?...
Ou le supprimer jusqu'à ma prochaine prise de sang dans 6 mois ?...
Qu'en pensez vous ?

De plus Mon médecin m'a trouvé un souffle au coeur, je vais devoir aller voir un cardiologue...

According to my last blood test on Friday May 27th, my TSH US (3rd generation) is 9,839 mUI/l and should be less than 4
21 06 18 : 6.594
09 01 17 : 1.647 (I had gone from 5 drops of Lugol 12% to 1 drop per day)
15 09 17 : 19.341
13 08 16 : 10.500

List of food supplements I take every day:
Straight after getting up in the morning: ½ teaspoon of Celtic sea salt in a large glass of water
1 hour later: Lugol 2 drops 12% in a glass of water
Breakfast: 2 teaspoons of Glycine that softens my tea
Directly with breakfast (tea bowl): 1 super vitamin B complex tablet,
1 selenium tablet, 1 vitamin D capsule, 1 Vit A tablet
1 hour after 3 grams L-Arginine
Immediately after lunch: Milk Thistle 1 tablet or 1 NAC tablet,
2 tablets Probiotic
In the afternoon: 1 teaspoonful of Vitamin C in a glass of water
Before going to sleep: magnesium 1 tablet

My attending physician would like to put me on medication but I don't want to...
I currently take 2 drops of 12% lugol every morning should I go back to 1 drop?....
Or delete it until my next blood test in six months?.....
What do you think of that?

In addition, my doctor has found a breath in my heart, I will have to see a cardiologist...
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Perlou, désolée pour le souffle au cœur, j'espère que c'est pas grave. J'ai une amie qui a toute sa vie eu un souffle au cœur sans aucun problème. Beaucoup de gens ont des souffles au cœur sans même le savoir!

Pour les vitamines que tu prends je n'ai aucune idée. D'autres vont pouvoir t'aider a y voir plus clair. Peut-être en prends-tu trop? Bonne chance Perlou! Tiens-nous au courant pour ton examen.

Perlou, I'm sorry for the heart murmur, I hope it's okay. I have a friend who has had a heart murmur all her life without any problems. Many people have breaths in their hearts without even knowing it!

For the vitamins you're taking, I have no idea. Others will be able to help you see things more clearly. Maybe you are taking too much vitamins? Good luck Perlou! Keep us informed for your medical examination.

D'après ma dernière prise de sang de vendredi 27 mai ma TSH US (3ème génération) est à 9.839 mUI/l elle devrait être inférieure à 4

In theory, TSH under 10 doesn't need treatment unless there are specific symptoms. On the other hand, TSH could normalize if you stop taking iodine. If you see positive results from taking iodine, then instead of stopping it, you could take one drop once or twice per week.

Hey Ant22, that's not good to hear!
That's despite the fact that nothing changed about my diet or lifestyle. My diet is very clean and limited in scope, mostly organic / outdoor reared meat, including organs, vegetables plus some fruit. No gluten or dairy, hardly any grains. The keto and carnivore approaches didn't work for me unfortunately. My digestion isn't great either but it has been up and down since I was little.
Im not much good with health advice (giving OR receiving), but with the Cs emphasis on the importance of maintaining diet and psychic defence, I thought to add my tuppence worth from my own experimental experiences.
I don't know if you like fish? If you do, you might want to try a fish-based diet at least for awhile; Salmon fillets and mackerel (unsmoked and skin always on) and kippers, fried up with butter and rock salt and add some greens like asparagus or courgettes - and a generous helping of humus. Also for cold meals, sardines and anchovies from a good deli, with olives. I know it might be a bit frowned on but I tend to have a small amount of brown rice with it to give the meal some 'body' as I find helps better with the digestion process. Either way try eating LOTS of fish for a while; in the morning afternoon and evening (or tailor to intermittent fasting schedule).
I find when Im low in energy or overall health, or inexplicably feeling glum and foggy, I switch over to eating predominately fresh fish for a few days and it fixes me up almost straight away. I call it the "Jesus diet". For me, salmon fillets are the winner. Get the skin nice and crispy but keep the fillet slightly rare in the middle if you can. Make sure you're near that toilet coz it goes through your system real quick! But its good because everything flushes out in a 'natural' way rather than enemas. Maybe soft-boiled eggs too to help bind in the stomach if you think? Fish omelettes are good.

I notice you are in London. If you don't already, Id make Whole Foods Markets my food-source mecca. I think its always better to control what goes into your body with food-only as much as possible, and in doing so limit supplement intake where possible, even if the supplements ingested are of the highest quality sourced, because its basically 'concentrated' in its goodness. In such a form, too many different supplements going on at the same time, however pure, can start to rock about the metabolism in funny subtle ways (osit).
(I'm in an environnement full of EMF and wifi)
But when the bad days come I feel like my brain is filled with glue and all I want to do is sleep.
But over the last two months it got really bad again. It usually gets worse when I start to feel worse in general. Needless to say looking like I'm changing race doesn't exactly help my overall mood.
Also, with psychic defence and living in London; it might not be doing you good with all that extreme EMF intensity bombarding you 24/7. I hope you get out into the countryside from time to time to recuperate? And, with that, a word of caution: EE Mobile is flipping the 5G switch across London this Thursday (30th May 2019):

You might want to consider relocating out of London altogether. In the next few years I will be looking to do so myself out from my little city upstream out west - with 5G coverage earmarked for it sometime around 2022.

And each time my symptoms deteriorate I handle it worse and worse emotionally. To be honest, over the past two weeks I swapped keeping up with the forum and SOTT for Netflix - and I never watched Netflix before. I don't even have television at home.
Yeah understandable. I do a Netflix splurge every so often to wind-down, but be careful because its all designed to keeping you isolated from "paying strict attention to reality, right and left". Of course you already know this, but with 5G on way it will likely strip psychic defences and entrap you further, so its good to have regular reminders from others. The number of big multi-seasoned series Netflix/Amazon/HBO to stream-watch is mind-boggling. Nearly everyone I know is watching 3 or 4 different series on the go at any one time. Its funny though, Ive gotten uber-particular watching anything since over the last year alone. I've no interest in all the big budged hyped stuff I used to like, like Game of Thrones, I just cant stand to watch it anymore (much to the perplexment of friends) - not because of the gratuitous sex and violence because I can numb myself to that easily, and probably more-so now with gradually increased awareness gained. No, I think its to do with resultant affects keeping up and maintaining certain psychic awareness standards by checking in on the forum (even if I slip off it sometimes for whatever reason) and naturally moving away from all the various Dionysian agendas kneading its themes so obviously into story lines everywhere. Now I find if I watch anything I gravitate to more obscure things most people don't. The only thing Im watching at the moment is "Better Call Saul"... Its like, the slowest series EVER, but I really enjoy it :-D.

Anyway, if there's nothing to take away from my ramblings (particularly if you don't like fish!:-[)… Then I just want to say: Take care Ant22 and don't get too disparaged okay :hug2:

I had yet another set of blood / stool / urine tests done in late April. The blood work required so many samples that I was told to have a huge breakfast right after leaving the clinic and not drive home on my own. And yet the results were perfectly normal - as they always have been. So much for finding the root cause.

Ant22, take this with a grain of salt because I might be wrong in regards to your condition. But... what if you stopped taking all the supplements you are taking and stop doing all the treatments you are doing for a while?

Reading your post, it seemed to me that you might be taking a lot of supplements, especially since you are eating healthy already. And depending on the seasons, personally, I have to change what I am taking and what I eat. So reading your account, I did get curious whether you will feel any different (better or worse) if you just quit everything for just a few weeks? Unless it feels hellish, then start with the supplements that you KNOW made a difference in the past. For the record, I rarely take a supplement long-term, and when I do (like magnesium, or vit C, iodine, fish oils, etc) I don't take them every day, just when I feel the need for them.

I am suggesting this because I did this experiment myself, that's how I found out that I don't need to take so many supplements daily. Nowadays, most days I take nothing and I feel no better nor worse than the days I used to load on sups. It is different if there's something the matter, I know what it is, and I know what to take. But right now, you don't know the root of your problem, so, what if you are taking something - or some specific combination of sups - that is not helping you long-term? Just my 2 tiny pennies.

Thank you nature, I'll listen to the show you linked when I get the chance.

There was another execellent interview with Dr. Jeremy Ayres, where he mentions quite a few very interesting health related topics. One of them was the importance of drinking enough (purified) water. The "gist" is to add celtic sea salt in it. (Otherwise, drinking too much of plain water can be dangerous.)

In the interview, Dr. Ayres shared some near miraculous cases brought on by upping the water intake, e.g. difficult case of scleroderma healing up.

There is a formula for determining the amount of water that you should (at least) drink:
weight in kg x 33 = amount of water in milliliters. For example, for a person weighing 63kg x 33 = 2079ml (2,079 liters).

Water drinking "guru", Dr. Batmanghelidj advises to add 1,5g of sea salt to every liter of water, although different people seem to need varying amounts. (I personally add less than 1,5g per litre, and as I have started to drink more sea salted water, my overall well being has clearly improved.)

Take care Ant22! :hug2:

Ant22, sorry to read that things have switched back for the worse even though you have tried so many things health-wise already. As I do not consider myself well-versed in a medical way, I can't assess the culprit for that. After reading the answers of BlackCartouche and Alana, I'd agree that EMFs and too much supplementation may play a role in this. A search on Sott for EMFs and how they may affect the gut flora has brought up this article. Maybe you've read it already, but I am posting it just in case: Is your mobile phone destroying your digestive system? On EMF-microbiome interaction. This stands out to me from the article, especially regarding the planned 5G craze, especially in big cities in the near future:

Additionally, another study on E. coli measured the growth rate and also the rate of glucose consumption. According the authors, the bacteria was exposed to a 5G electromagnetic field for 8 hours. Like the previous study, they found a significant increase in growth after radiation exposure and attributed these changes to increased glucose uptake.

And that thread on the forum comes to mind as well, where the topic of EMFs and how to protect oneself (including shielding etc.) is discussed: EMF Exposure. The newer pages of that thread also contain much info about 5G.

Besides of that, maybe it's also an option to look out for other possible culprits in your living space, like chemicals and such.

As for the supplements, this Sott Radio Show comes to mind: Pill Poppers: Why are we taking all these supplements again?

If I remember correctly, one of the hosts there said that he had dropped all supplementation for the time being and just feeling comfortable with eating well. I think, he also mentioned he wanted to suss out how his body felt without all of them and (re-)introducing back one or some of them at a time (similar like doing the elimination diet). But I am not sure here, as I write from memory.

And I think that I also read somewhere here on the forum (though I don't know where exactly, so maybe someone else with more knowledge about this could chime in), that many supplements seem to have a point beyond of which they don't work anymore as they are supposed to work. Or that they even start working in the opposite direction. However, as I am not that sure about it, please take it with a grain of salt.

As for the need to dissociate: Maybe the stress and the emotions you may have experienced due to the switch and due to the returning of your symptoms may have contributed to this? Especially as you've come quite some way before that...

I do wish you the best in finding the cause for that switch and that you will get better again soon :flowers:

Ant22, take this with a grain of salt because I might be wrong in regards to your condition. But... what if you stopped taking all the supplements you are taking and stop doing all the treatments you are doing for a while?

Thank you for your reply Alana :flowers: When I was writing my previous post my biggest worry was that people are going to suggest things I had already tried and I'd be back to square one. :-(

Well, I did try the approach you're suggesting before: I stopped taking all supplements all together for months at a time before, and I tried that more than once hoping it was going to help. I also tried adding them back in one by one and in different combos to check if they interact with each other in a way that makes me ill. Eventually I ended up with a stable shortlist that works during the good times and as stopping this combo doesn't make the bad times end I just stick to that set at all times. I add other supplements when I feel like I need them but I don't take them at all times. So yeah, I do take lot of supplements but not all of them permanently.

Which is exactly what I'm doing now: I still take the same supplements I took when my health deteriorated and I'm feeling better. The only change is the iodine enema.

There was a conversation in this thread before where low stomach acid was mentioned and I've been addressing this too. The symptoms largely match mine. I was vegetarian for over a decade and I found some sources claiming that it may be a cause of low acid. I take digestive enzymes, bitters and ACV with every meal. I helps somewhat but I can't say it solved the problem. I did the H.Pylori test a couple of times since this too was mentioned here but the result is always negative.

I've had relatively good three days and I'm catching up with all those things I've neglected recently. It's such a rollercoaster: trying to do as much as I can before my brain turns into mushy peas again. And it's quite annoying that I never know whether I have a week or a couple of months of good health ahead of me :-(

I don't know if you like fish? If you do, you might want to try a fish-based diet at least for awhile; Salmon fillets and mackerel (unsmoked and skin always on) and kippers, fried up with butter and rock salt and add some greens like asparagus or courgettes - and a generous helping of humus. Also for cold meals, sardines and anchovies from a good deli, with olives. I know it might be a bit frowned on but I tend to have a small amount of brown rice with it to give the meal some 'body' as I find helps better with the digestion process. Either way try eating LOTS of fish for a while; in the morning afternoon and evening (or tailor to intermittent fasting schedule).

Thank you BlackCartouche :flowers: I don't particularly like fish but I do eat it. During the "good times" I always had it so I guess fish is safe. Strangely enough, fish oil makes me feel very meh, fish does not. Same thing goes for sunflower seeds: I can have loads of them, especially fresh,with no adverse reaction at all, but sunflower oil (or any other PUFA) makes me feel awful and gives me headaches from hell. What a puzzle! ;-D

Also, with psychic defence and living in London; it might not be doing you good with all that extreme EMF intensity bombarding you 24/7. I hope you get out into the countryside from time to time to recuperate? And, with that, a word of caution: EE Mobile is flipping the 5G switch across London this Thursday (30th May 2019):

If it wasn't for the fact that there are hardly any jobs in my profession outside London I'd already be packing :scared: I'm strongly considering relocation but for that I do need to sort myself out healthwise.

Yeah understandable. I do a Netflix splurge every so often to wind-down, but be careful because its all designed to keeping you isolated from "paying strict attention to reality, right and left". Of course you already know this, but with 5G on way it will likely strip psychic defences and entrap you further, so its good to have regular reminders from others. The number of big multi-seasoned series Netflix/Amazon/HBO to stream-watch is mind-boggling. Nearly everyone I know is watching 3 or 4 different series on the go at any one time. Its funny though, Ive gotten uber-particular watching anything since over the last year alone. I've no interest in all the big budged hyped stuff I used to like, like Game of Thrones, I just cant stand to watch it anymore (much to the perplexment of friends) - not because of the gratuitous sex and violence because I can numb myself to that easily, and probably more-so now with gradually increased awareness gained. No, I think its to do with resultant affects keeping up and maintaining certain psychic awareness standards by checking in on the forum (even if I slip off it sometimes for whatever reason) and naturally moving away from all the various Dionysian agendas kneading its themes so obviously into story lines everywhere. Now I find if I watch anything I gravitate to more obscure things most people don't. The only thing Im watching at the moment is "Better Call Saul"... Its like, the slowest series EVER, but I really enjoy it :-D.

Oh, don't you worry BlackCartouche, I haven't become an addict! I haven't had TV at home since 2008 and I totally appreciate the time I gain by not having it. In my defense, I was actually watching a Russian crime series that had English subtitles. I'm learning Russian and since it hasn't been sinking in lately due to reasons mentioned above, I started to watch the series and write down phrases I understood to at least do something useful. That's the only series I ever watched and I think it will be my last one.

There was another execellent interview with Dr. Jeremy Ayres, where he mentions quite a few very interesting health related topics. One of them was the importance of drinking enough (purified) water. The "gist" is to add celtic sea salt in it. (Otherwise, drinking too much of plain water can be dangerous.)
In the interview, Dr. Ayres shared some near miraculous cases brought on by upping the water intake, e.g. difficult case of scleroderma healing up.

There is a formula for determining the amount of water that you should (at least) drink:
weight in kg x 33 = amount of water in milliliters. For example, for a person weighing 63kg x 33 = 2079ml (2,079 liters).

Water drinking "guru", Dr. Batmanghelidj advises to add 1,5g of sea salt to every liter of water, although different people seem to need varying amounts. (I personally add less than 1,5g per litre, and as I have started to drink more sea salted water, my overall well being has clearly improved.)

Thank you hiker :flowers: I'll check out the sources you provide done evening this week. Today has been quite busy on my end. I do drink water with Celtic salt on empty stomach each morning, and later in the day too. Let's see if this guy offers an approach that I haven't tried.

After reading the answers of BlackCartouche and Alana, I'd agree that EMFs and too much supplementation may play a role in this

Hmmm...if a number of people tell me that I take too many supplements, then it's hard not to start wondering if this is in fact the case. Maybe I should experiment with reducing them more. But the thing is, I've had pretty good three days and I still take the same supplements :huh: If this upward movement doesn't last, I'll definitely come back to this approach.

If I remember correctly, one of the hosts there said that he had dropped all supplementation for the time being and just feeling comfortable with eating well. I think, he also mentioned he wanted to suss out how his body felt without all of them and (re-)introducing back one or some of them at a time (similar like doing the elimination diet). But I am not sure here, as I write from memory.

And I think that I also read somewhere here on the forum (though I don't know where exactly, so maybe someone else with more knowledge about this could chime in), that many supplements seem to have a point beyond of which they don't work anymore as they are supposed to work. Or that they even start working in the opposite direction. However, as I am not that sure about it, please take it with a grain of salt.

As for the bolded part, it's definitely worth looking into it more. Thank you for sharing Learner :flowers: This would also mean that whatever supplementation elimination experiments I've done before may not continue to be relevant today.

A search on Sott for EMFs and how they may affect the gut flora has brought up this article. Maybe you've read it already, but I am posting it just in case: Is your mobile phone destroying your digestive system? On EMF-microbiome interaction. This stands out to me from the article, especially regarding the planned 5G craze, especially in big cities in the near future:
And that thread on the forum comes to mind as well, where the topic of EMFs and how to protect oneself (including shielding etc.) is discussed: EMF Exposure. The newer pages of that thread also contain much info about 5G.

Yeah, EMF and 5G are scary. I try to limit my EMF exposure but it's near impossible where I live. The rollout of 5G really scares me since I'm already far from feeling super. But the thing is, I have the experience of feeling well for months at a time while living where I live now, so I think it's a part of the puzzle as opposed to being the root cause.

As for the need to dissociate: Maybe the stress and the emotions you may have experienced due to the switch and due to the returning of your symptoms may have contributed to this? Especially as you've come quite some way before that...

To be honest, it started as a need to kill the time before it was time to go to sleep more than a need to disassociate as such. I couldn't focus on reading much because I was constantly sleepy and exhausted so this was a time filler that didn't require too much intellectual challenge. After a busy day at work I was totally burned out in the evenings but going to sleep earlier than my normal bedtime didn't work. I'd wake up during the night and struggle to fall asleep again - which obviously didn't help.

My health was a disaster for years before dietary changes and supplementation helped me dig myself out of that hole. So when all of a sudden I started to feel just as horrible as before, it did crush me more than it should have.

It's going to be a strange analogy but over the past couple of years my health was similar to the market prices in London. Up and down but with a consistent upward movement. Until around 2 months ago when it dropped back to the lowest point ever.

real-house-prices-75-16.png

:-)

Maybe I should experiment with reducing them more.
I really would reset to zero/nada, as @Alana mentioned. That's how I finally saw that Vitamin D and GABA is completely messing up my cognitive ability. Fruits are also bad for me it seems, so I don't eat them anymore. Do you know if you have blood sugar spikes? I don't know much about that, but Cs said to avoid blood sugar spikes (IIRC).
I also got the feeling that if I'm afraid to go without supplements for 2 days, then I really should! from a psychological perspective.

Hmmm...if a number of people tell me that I take too many supplements, then it's hard not to start wondering if this is in fact the case. Maybe I should experiment with reducing them more. But the thing is, I've had pretty good three days and I still take the same supplements :huh: If this upward movement doesn't last, I'll definitely come back to this approach.

As for the bolded part, it's definitely worth looking into it more. Thank you for sharing Learner :flowers: This would also mean that whatever supplementation elimination experiments I've done before may not continue to be relevant today.

Yeah, EMF and 5G are scary. I try to limit my EMF exposure but it's near impossible where I live. The rollout of 5G really scares me since I'm already far from feeling super. But the thing is, I have the experience of feeling well for months at a time while living where I live now, so I think it's a part of the puzzle as opposed to being the root cause.

To be honest, it started as a need to kill the time before it was time to go to sleep more than a need to disassociate as such. I couldn't focus on reading much because I was constantly sleepy and exhausted so this was a time filler that didn't require too much intellectual challenge. After a busy day at work I was totally burned out in the evenings but going to sleep earlier than my normal bedtime didn't work. I'd wake up during the night and struggle to fall asleep again - which obviously didn't help.

My health was a disaster for years before dietary changes and supplementation helped me dig myself out of that hole. So when all of a sudden I started to feel just as horrible as before, it did crush me more than it should have.

It's going to be a strange analogy but over the past couple of years my health was similar to the market prices in London. Up and down but with a consistent upward movement. Until around 2 months ago when it dropped back to the lowest point ever.

real-house-prices-75-16.png

:-)

Reading your post made me want to say that I can share your frustration! I'm sure most of us members here invest a lot of time and effort (and money!) in order to stay healthy and with the goal of having a clear and well working mind, so that we can be as efficient in learning more and gather knowledge etc. Plus, it's nice to feel healthy and energized :)

However, it seems to me, that this 'disposition' or 'soul composure' that we share, that makes us want to do what we do here (truth seeking etc.), has as its downside a certain fragility when it comes to physical and mental health. Or, as I sometimes I wonder, are we just too analytic and always 'monitoring' ourselves too much, because we are trained in scrutinizing all kinds of things? That 'normal' people feel foggy all the time, but they just don't notice it, since that's their status quo? And, I often wonder how some people can function at all with all the unhealthy things they eat, drink and do?

I share your frustration with the roller coaster of physical and mental health, because I too feel it's a constant battle. I can have quite long periods of great physical and mental energy, but then without no apparent reason..."poof!"...I feel fatigued and foggy again. And, then I start 'climbing' back again...and the cycle sorta repeats. I'm sure there is a reason or reasons for the decline, and it could be different each time, but it's sometimes very difficult to discern what the **** it is!

Right now I'm 'climbing upwards' again after a few weeks of lethargy and frustration. :)

Gaby, je vais suivre vos conseils et ne prendre qu'une goutte par semaine pendant quelques mois et refaire mes examens de sang dans 6 mois... Un grand merci pour votre aide...

Gaby, I'm going to follow your advice and take only one drop a week for a few months and do my blood tests again in 6 months.... A big thank you for your help....

I would stop taking it. If your lifestyle and diet is stressful, the iodine will only feed the Hashimoto's autoimmune response. You need minerals containing selenium in order to calm down the reaction.

Make sure you stay away from gluten and dairy and see if the antibodies goes down.

Hope you get this under regulation.

Thank you Gaby for posting this. My Mom might also be dealing with a case of Hashimoto's and her Dr. has been of little help. We still don't know for sure yet as she needs to go in for further tests, but in the case it does turn out to be Hashimoto's...would the 200mcg of Selenium be a sufficient supplement for her to take? Also would she need to supplement daily? Thank you! 🙏

Take care Ant22! :hug2:
Interesting video where there was this slide, which caught my eye:

Back
Top Bottom