Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Water drinking "guru", Dr. Batmanghelidj advises to add 1,5g of sea salt to every liter of water, although different people seem to need varying amounts. (I personally add less than 1,5g per litre, and as I have started to drink more sea salted water, my overall well being has clearly improved.)

Take care Ant22! :hug2:

An addition to my previous post: Dr. "Batman" :cool2: pointed out in the above lecture, that if you condiment your food with sea/ himalayan salt, less than 1,5g of salt per litre of water can be used.

I read Dr. Leonard Coldwell’s book ”The Only Answer to Cancer” a few years ago, and just remembered that he too recommends drinking a gallon of sea salted water in his cancer protocol: half a teaspoon (2,5ml) of sea salt in a gallon of water, so that would make 0,66ml in 1 liter of water.

1 ml of unrefined celtic sea salt weighs about 1,2 g (I measured 1ml with a scale is that is accurate to 1 mg). Thus 0,66 ml of sea salt would weigh 0,79 g, so Dr. Coldwell’s recommendations (0,79 g of sea salt in 1 liter of water) are a bit lower than Dr. Batmanghelidj’s.

It is interesting, that Dr. Jeremy Ayres mentioned in the interview I linked, how about 3 or preferably 4 litres of sea salted water (slightly over a gallon) is ”where the magic happens”. I guess when you are acutely sick (cancer, scleroderma, etc.) you should aim towards four litres, otherwise perhaps best to stick to the ”formula” (weight in kg x 33 = ml of water).

I really would reset to zero/nada, as @Alana mentioned. That's how I finally saw that Vitamin D and GABA is completely messing up my cognitive ability. Fruits are also bad for me it seems, so I don't eat them anymore. Do you know if you have blood sugar spikes? I don't know much about that, but Cs said to avoid blood sugar spikes (IIRC).
I also got the feeling that if I'm afraid to go without supplements for 2 days, then I really should! from a psychological perspective.

Thank you mrtn, to be honest I was more than happy to quit taking supplements becuase I don't exactly enjoy taking them. I followed your and others' suggestion and it's been nearly a week without supplements now.

I really wish I could report improvement. On the contrary. My long forgotten rash/acne started to creep back in and my sinuses were blocked again by Thursday. The benefits of the iodine enema disappeared and it was a very "sleepy" week. I'm back on iodine+selenium now although I've decided to give it another week or two before considering introducing other supplements. Having had thyroid tests done, the results are very good although it took a couple of years of supplementation to achieve this.

As for blood sugar spikes, good shout! :-) I uploaded my 23andMe results onto FoundMyFitness (as suggested to me in another thread) and it turned out that I have quite a few genes that make blood sugar spikes very bad for me. Also, saturated fat increases insulin spikes in my case so I did a bit of research into possible ways of reducing blood sugar spikes. I try not to have too many carbs with saturated fat but as I normally drink berry smoothies with my food some do creep in. Eating low Glycemic Index / Glycemic Load foods is an obvious choice and I try to stick to it.

I also found sources showing that apple cider vinegar can help lower the GI of foods. A couple of years ago, before I even found this forum, I discovered that a shot of ACV made me feel more awake, like I had a shot of espresso, so I guess it's reasonable to conclude it's helping me.

Here are some sources discussing vinegar supplementation and its impact on insulin response, glycemic index, and/or diabetes:

Also, I tick most, if not all, boxes on the symptoms list for low stomach acid, which I suspect may be the result of being vegetarian for 12 years. This is potentially another reason why ACV makes me feel better. For the past month I've been taking ACV, givestive bitters and enzymes with every meal. It has improved my digestion a fair bit although the problem isn't solved completely.

Then there is SIBO. Again, symptoms definitely sound familiar but the only recommended solution I found was an antibiotic protocol. I guess iodine should help but looking at the shape and size of the intestines on a graph, it doesn't look like an enema can reach the small intestine and oral supplementation hasn't been of sufficient help - otherwise I wouldn't be here :-) I've decided to approach my doctor about this and at the very least get the SIBO breath test done.

So yeah, the research continues :thup: In the meantime, I'm checking out this thread of yours and I'm looking into the EMF stuff. I've always known it's bad but having had up to a month away from the big city before, I can't say it made me feel better. My grandparents live in a blissful middle of nowhere with the only wifi connection available is theirs - and it's turned off for the night. Yet I still don't feel better when I'm there.

Also, with psychic defence and living in London; it might not be doing you good with all that extreme EMF intensity bombarding you 24/7. I hope you get out into the countryside from time to time to recuperate? And, with that, a word of caution: EE Mobile is flipping the 5G switch across London this Thursday (30th May 2019):

Having read the above comment of yours BlackCartouche, I was expecting to pretty much drop dead on Thursday. But I actually didn't really feel any different. Friday was quite a good day for me, maybe because I resumed taking iodine after a short break? Having watched Scottie's video on Q-Link I decided to get one. I put it on right before bedtime of Friday and so far I can't say I noticed much difference. It's early days though. Let's see if anything interesting happens in the long run.

Reading your post made me want to say that I can share your frustration! I'm sure most of us members here invest a lot of time and effort (and money!) in order to stay healthy and with the goal of having a clear and well working mind, so that we can be as efficient in learning more and gather knowledge etc. Plus, it's nice to feel healthy and energized :)

However, it seems to me, that this 'disposition' or 'soul composure' that we share, that makes us want to do what we do here (truth seeking etc.), has as its downside a certain fragility when it comes to physical and mental health. Or, as I sometimes I wonder, are we just too analytic and always 'monitoring' ourselves too much, because we are trained in scrutinizing all kinds of things? That 'normal' people feel foggy all the time, but they just don't notice it, since that's their status quo? And, I often wonder how some people can function at all with all the unhealthy things they eat, drink and do?

I share your frustration with the roller coaster of physical and mental health, because I too feel it's a constant battle. I can have quite long periods of great physical and mental energy, but then without no apparent reason..."poof!"...I feel fatigued and foggy again. And, then I start 'climbing' back again...and the cycle sorta repeats. I'm sure there is a reason or reasons for the decline, and it could be different each time, but it's sometimes very difficult to discern what the **** it is!

Right now I'm 'climbing upwards' again after a few weeks of lethargy and frustration. :)

Thank you for your reply Aragorn :-) I guess you're right, the popularity of such memes as the one below certainly points to fatigue being a common issue ;-)

I found your response to be quite uplifting as it put my issues in a different perspective. As the quote (attributed to at least 3 different people) goes "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." I guess turning us into sleepy cowards is a good way of preventing the discovery the path of a hero. Such phrases as "spiritual awakening" or the "sleeping humanity" may in fact have more than just metaphorical meaning!

But when I think of how much I can do with my time when I feel well, I feel like life is slipping between my fingers during the bad ones. And that's frustrating. I guess I've allowed this frustration to lead to apathy and demotivation over the past couple of months.

One thing I was able to notice is that I do feel a bit better during weekends. This is not a rule but there definitely is a bit of a pattern. I know I'm not the only one, I made a comment about this at work once and my colleague responded that "so does everybody else". Modern workplaces aren't designed with well-being in mind but I do sometimes wonder if there's some sort of energy draining involved.

I feel like I've exhausted dietary and supplemental solutions at this stage and this pushed me to think about the dynamics at my workplace. It's been on my mind a LOT over the past week and there are some red flags for sure. The shocking part for me was discovering how many of those red flags I have been explaining away! Usually with something along the lines of "X does those narcissistic things but at least I get X out of this job".

Hmmm... I can't say it's an easy or comfortable avenue to consider. I'd definitely prefer a pill-based solution ;-)

Hi Ant22,

It sounds to me like your body is a bit overwhelmed. The recurrence of the rash/acne and sinus issues you report could be a detox reaction of some kind. I agree with other's advice not to take any supplements and to just let your body do what needs to do.

I would focus on drinking lots of water, maybe do some skin brushing or get a massage to get the lymph moving and circulation going. Taking epsom salts baths with bicarbonate soda every night before bed may help clear things out, too. Dr. Mark Hyman gave a recipe in The Ultra Simple Diet book to help with detox and detox reactions. It's 2 cups of epsom salts and 1 cup of baking soda in a bath that is as hot as you can tolerate and soak for about 20 minutes.

I wouldn't add any supplements (including iodine and selenium) other than magnesium until your body has moved through whatever it's going through. My two cents. :-)

Hi, if somebody have a similar expirience about discover parasit infection during the intaking of Iodine, I will be totally grateful to hear your comments.
I started taken Iodine a year ago, a little doses of 2% during pregnancy because I was not pretty sure How could be my detox symptoms, and after childbirth increase to 3 times of 5% iodine at day, during that time I was releasing a lot micus, and I had itching nose and even ears for around a month, my stool test, wasn't positive, but I had got a lot symptoms of my digestive disturbance, at that time I took "Nitazoxanida" (spanish name for antiparasit tablets) for 3 days and that relieved a lot that symptoms.
I'm still taken Iodine and supplements in nowdays and my digestive problems desapear, also I follow a paleolitic diet and I Felt my digestion and colon in really good shape, just I wondering if somebody Know how serious or what kind of test can be more accurate about parasits?, because I'm not pretty sure if I can still have those annoyns little animals
I'II appreciate a lot if somebody can comment something about that :-)
thanks

Just caught up with this thread. Thanks everyone for the research and contributions.

In the past I've taken 1-5 drops of 12%, infrequently, and noticed a massive increase in brain function and ability to concentrate. In the future I'm planning to do 1 drop every other day and take the slow road (+morning salt water and vit c later in the day), but just waiting for other things in life to settle a bit first. I had lots of mercury fillings in my mouth from childhood up until 2 years ago so I'm going to look into including low doses of DMSA at weekends into my protocol.

Ant22, take this with a grain of salt because I might be wrong in regards to your condition. But... what if you stopped taking all the supplements you are taking and stop doing all the treatments you are doing for a while?
If I remember correctly, one of the hosts there said that he had dropped all supplementation for the time being and just feeling comfortable with eating well. I think, he also mentioned he wanted to suss out how his body felt without all of them and (re-)introducing back one or some of them at a time (similar like doing the elimination diet). But I am not sure here, as I write from memory.

And I think that I also read somewhere here on the forum (though I don't know where exactly, so maybe someone else with more knowledge about this could chime in), that many supplements seem to have a point beyond of which they don't work anymore as they are supposed to work. Or that they even start working in the opposite direction. However, as I am not that sure about it, please take it with a grain of salt.
I really would reset to zero/nada, as @Alana mentioned. That's how I finally saw that Vitamin D and GABA is completely messing up my cognitive ability. Fruits are also bad for me it seems, so I don't eat them anymore. Do you know if you have blood sugar spikes? I don't know much about that, but Cs said to avoid blood sugar spikes (IIRC).
I also got the feeling that if I'm afraid to go without supplements for 2 days, then I really should! from a psychological perspective.
I wouldn't add any supplements (including iodine and selenium) other than magnesium until your body has moved through whatever it's going through. My two cents. :-)

Hey guys, just a quick update from me. It's been over 3 weeks and I'm still not taking my supplements. I continue to take digestive enzymes and ACV because on those occasions I don't I feel like food just sits in my stomach like I swallowed mud and I never feel like my stomach is empty.

Initially I was a bit uncomfortable about giving up on supplements becuase it was the introduction of supplements that helped me resolve a large part of my problems in the past. Also, I do keep a food and supplements diary and there doesn't seem to be a link between my health and taking them. Which was exactly what convinced me: if there is little to no link, why am I spending those insane amounts of money on all those pills?

To cut a long story short, here I am reporting that I am back on the horse feeling waaaaaay better. The brain fog is mostly gone, my thinking is much clearer and my energy levels have massively improved. :clap:

The best evidence that you were on to something when you suggested cutting down on my pill popping habit is that my digestion has greatly improved. Excuse the details but no more ridiculous diarrhoea every single morning - and it had haunted me for years. I even wondered how many of those supplements actually did stick. The situation did improve greatly with ACV and digestive enzymes but it never really disappeared - until recently.

Your suggestion to stop taking supplements felt like a bit of a relief. I had this strange feeling of repulsion towards those pills but I thought it was necessary to take them. It's not the first time I forced my body to put up with something that didn't serve it and the whole "listen to your body" thing is a skill I am yet to master properly.

Over the past couple of weeks I noticed I felt a little better, sometimes even very well, during weekends but on Monday my issues were back. (It wasn't a rule though, I did have very bad weekends too.)
I have in fact been thinking a lot about my professional environment recently and it is certainly not optimal in terms of feeding dynamics and my ability to exercise healthy boundaries. Needless to say, I acted on that realisation as soon as it occurred to me but frankly I think it's time to look at a wider spectrum of employment options.

I'm not sure to what extent my new gadget, Q-Link, has helped. 5G is already on in London but so far I haven't noticed too much of an impact. I do wear a lot of silk too and I will most likely return to iodine + selenium at some point in the future. But I will leave out all other supplements for the time being.

As for skin issues, I continue to do intermittent fasting and I resumed taking l-glutamine this week. I also drink collagen and vitamin c combo in the morning and my melasma is clearing up nicely. I has improved greatly over the past week although it's still quite visible.

I do wonder of course if those count as supplements and I should stop taking them but unlike the pills, I don't have any repulsive response. On the contrary, I always feel like I really want those in my smoothies. That said, if you feel I swapped one batch of supplements for another, do let me know. I hope I'm not creating silly narratives to justify taking something when I say that l-glutamine and collagen help rebuild the gut/tissues rather than detoxing stuff? :huh:

Once again, a very big thank you to those who took the time to read my previous posts and reply. We all have busy lives and I really do appreciate using some of your time to share your thoughts :flowers:

no more ridiculous diarrhea every single morning
When I started taking vitamin C I took it in the morning and it caused diarrhea. I didn't make the connection at first, and then I just thought my bowel tolerance is very low. But now I take it later in the day and after eating / not on empty stomach and I don't have any issues even with larger amounts or when taking it more often.

Another thing I a had on mind is training the legs. Since I do sports more regularly, including squats, my brain works much better. I read somewhere on the forum that they found a connection between leg musculature and cognitive ability.

When I started taking vitamin C I took it in the morning and it caused diarrhea. I didn't make the connection at first, and then I just thought my bowel tolerance is very low. But now I take it later in the day and after eating / not on empty stomach and I don't have any issues even with larger amounts or when taking it more often.

Thanks mrtn, I actually only started taking vitamin C in the morning a week ago in a small dose of 1/3 of a teaspoon, as apparently it goes well with collagen, promoting its synthesis. I take it with food, after my morning toilet trip (my bowel movement is very regular). I used to take it around 4pm with food to make sure it didn't interfere with iodine taken around 10am. And I can't say I was particularly consistent with it. I'd skip it for months on end. In fact, one of the reasons I was always reluctant to take it was that I was worried it was a adding to my digestion issues.

I'll spare you the exact details but over the past 2 weeks things have been pretty good in the toilet department ;-) so I think it's fair to conclude that in my case it wasn't vitamin C that was causing my morning "adventures".

That said, I will continue to monitor my body's response and adjust as needed. At this stage I'm really happy with the improvement I've achieved.

Another thing I a had on mind is training the legs. Since I do sports more regularly, including squats, my brain works much better. I read somewhere on the forum that they found a connection between leg musculature and cognitive ability.

Whoa! That's a good one! I've been promising myself to do more exercises when I get better becuase that's an aspect of a healthy lifestyle I'm not good at. But in my case, brain fogs and fatigue are accompanied by muscle weakness which makes exercising rather hard. If you manage to find that post it would be great if you could share it.

Until then, hello there morning squats! It may be about time I checked out the HIIT thread too.

In my case, I felt depressed these last months, without reason, and with sleeping difficulties. These 2 symptoms disapeared completely when I had the idea of cutting the general electricity off !! There are smartmeter and wifi even by night in this house. Will look at the Q-link stuff.

I don't take many supplements: just vit C, iodine, B vitamins and sea salt many times a day (much cheaper than Quinton plasma). Sometimes ACV at meals when I don't forget it.
Another thing that seems to help is the carnivore diet. It still didn't cleared my usual symptoms but I just feel it's the good stuff for me.
HIIT: yes it's important, I gave it up, and I must begin it again. Thank you mrtn for this reminder.

Thank you for the update, Ant22! Great to hear you're feeling better already :-) The moderate course of supplements you described sounds good and I hope it will help you suss out (and settle) things further!

I want to add, that spending sufficient time in nature and walking in proximity of trees can also be very helpful with that - oxygen comes to mind, so that if the brain gets enough of that it helps to clear the thinking. It's my experience, if I am in nature often (and long) enough there's less brain fog and on top of that it helps me to gain perspective on things too while moving my legs. According to a recent article on SOTT, it seems that a dose of at least 2 hours in nature per week works well for well-being.

FWIW ;-)

Hello,

Here are some details about my situation.

I am suffering from various hypersensitivities, mcs, hypersensitivity to electricity and light. I spent years in total darkness.
Earlier, many years ago, I had two miscarriages, two high-risk pregnancies, a uterine fibroid, and ovarian cysts that caused me to have the uterus and ovaries removed. I have problems with persistent constipation that have led to the removal of the sigmoid. I spend on secondary discomforts. Always tired, easily depressed, inhabited by chronic anguish, in short an extreme caricature of lack of iodine.
I have been Dr Seignalet's ancestral diet for a long time.
I met iodine in 2015 through a magnetizer who advised me to put some on my skin. I felt a little better. Previously and since then, I have tried an impressive number of methods and treatments.

For a long time I take an antidepressant to fight against the mcs (totally ineffective on depression).
A real miracle, I came across the book by Lynne Farrow that showed me that not only the doses of iodine I applied were very inadequate but that the cymbalta contained fluorine. Horror! I thought my brain was going to explode. Moreover, if the high dose iodine acts on the terrible pains caused by the sun, the heat and the white lights, it does not seem to me to have a great effect on the MCS. Maybe I do not take enough, and yet I have increased the doses and I am at 5 pills (12.5 mg) at 8 am and 5 pills (12.5 mg) at 1 pm and 5 (12.5 mg) at 7 pm Intolerance to light and pain reappear about an hour before each taking.
Should I and can I take more?
I follow the salt protocol but can not order the iodine load test from France, as well as the iodoral 50.

My summary is a bit confusing, but I hope someone can answer my questions about the amount of iodine I can take and the chances of it when I increase doses that I can stop antidepressants .

Do you know if Pierre Fabre's I XEL also contains fluoride?

Sincerely

Chantal Marty.

Hola .... quizas saber que dosis de lugol se aplican vía topica; como por ejemplo, el protocolo de talon; que indica una gota al 5% .Mi duda es que el porcentaje absorbe la piel? saludos

Back
Top Bottom