Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Hello,

Here are some details about my situation.

I am suffering from various hypersensitivities, mcs, hypersensitivity to electricity and light. I spent years in total darkness.
Earlier, many years ago, I had two miscarriages, two high-risk pregnancies, a uterine fibroid, and ovarian cysts that caused me to have the uterus and ovaries removed. I have problems with persistent constipation that have led to the removal of the sigmoid. I spend on secondary discomforts. Always tired, easily depressed, inhabited by chronic anguish, in short an extreme caricature of lack of iodine.
I have been Dr Seignalet's ancestral diet for a long time.
I met iodine in 2015 through a magnetizer who advised me to put some on my skin. I felt a little better. Previously and since then, I have tried an impressive number of methods and treatments.

For a long time I take an antidepressant to fight against the mcs (totally ineffective on depression).
A real miracle, I came across the book by Lynne Farrow that showed me that not only the doses of iodine I applied were very inadequate but that the cymbalta contained fluorine. Horror! I thought my brain was going to explode. Moreover, if the high dose iodine acts on the terrible pains caused by the sun, the heat and the white lights, it does not seem to me to have a great effect on the MCS. Maybe I do not take enough, and yet I have increased the doses and I am at 5 pills (12.5 mg) at 8 am and 5 pills (12.5 mg) at 1 pm and 5 (12.5 mg) at 7 pm Intolerance to light and pain reappear about an hour before each taking.
Should I and can I take more?
I follow the salt protocol but can not order the iodine load test from France, as well as the iodoral 50.

My summary is a bit confusing, but I hope someone can answer my questions about the amount of iodine I can take and the chances of it when I increase doses that I can stop antidepressants .

Do you know if Pierre Fabre's I XEL also contains fluoride?
Hi croucrou,
I haven't understand 3 points (bolded parts):
-what is the abreviation mcs for?
-what pills do you talk about?
-can you give a link to I XEL? I don't know that stuff

With iodine, do you take cofactors? B1 is of utmost importance on neurological issues . You can learn lots of things by reading Keyhole"s threads about it + his video + sott nterview with Dr Marss

So as to sensitivities, it has to do a lot with low immunity and load of variuos toxics in the body. You may look at detox programs.

Cautionary report of using too much lugols in the eyes.
Losing vocal cord function

Lately I was noticing being unable to say the morning or evening prayers: they turned into hoarse whispers, my vocal cords stopped functioning. Only when I raised my voice, did some chunks of words come out, but even then it was like a bad, crackling radio in the movies, where only every third or fourth syllable is being heard.

My day voice - talking to people - became high pitched, like the voice of octogenarians. Like my throat became a whistle and a ridiculous high-pitched old-mans voice would come out. It sounded pathetic.

- Oh, my god! I'm getting throat cancer!
Which was logical, since I "chain-smoked" milk chocolate to increase my work performance and that addiction got bad. So I thought this is a natural conclusion to my chocolate binges. I thought about people getting throat cancer and how I should begin heavy doses of Vit C... and all kinds of general distress thinking patterns surfaced.. No I don't have the money for doctors examination and I do NOT want to hear the Owner of the Death Manual to exclaim, I have cancer.. but maybe a simple examination would have helped.. dunno I had no serious throat pain at all. Only noticed sharp needle-pricks in my throat sometimes.

Turns out, I immersed myself into another supplemental excess entirely! While browsing Vitacost for Vitamin A in fish-oil, I noticed in the user opinions section one older customer exclaiming that he always keeps some tiny glass of distilled water and he always puts into that iodine / Lugols and applies the solution as an eye drops multiple times per day. He claims his vision clears when he does this.

So I tried it out. I noticed during the Summer, when doing athletic training outside and being drenched by rain that my eyes are getting infected from excess rainwater. This solution of distilled water + Lugols cured that condition. Since then I was using it regularly.

I also heard in the H&W radios shows people applying iodine on their legs, ladies on their heels, because the skin soaks it in readily, so they can get their healthy dose of iodine, they claimed.
I thought, that is foolish! Most people here on the Iodine thread are taking way higher doses than that orally.
I jokingly relegated skin-application of iodine to my favorite joking subject matter of skin-poisons used by ninjas in the Middle-Ages in Japan and how females applying lots of make-up resembles to a ninja skin-contact poison quite well.

I didn't realize, that applying potent solutions through the eye - it goes right into the body and its actually is a very potent application!!!

I didn't care too much lately and into that tiny crystal glass (used widely for shots of vodka) I just squirted a whole dropper of Lugols 2% - thinking that people here on the forum always mention higher concentrations being used 5% 10% 12%, etc.. so I will be way below the threshold and completely safe, right? Right?

----
Then I noticed that gradually, then seriously I began losing my voice. In the last couple weeks singing was like listening to a radio station in a hurricane & lightning storm, like every 5th word was being vocalized aloud and frequently only in parts...

So it turns out, that I was iodine-bombarding my body through my eyes with my favorite distilled water + Lugols 2% cocktail and I poured way too much Lugols, a full dropper might contain 20 drops?

As soon as I realized this, I stopped the iodine and only used distilled water to wet / clean my eyelids. Essentially I was always washing my eyelids with thin Lugols and of course half or more of that got into my eyes and I got used to the pain of it.

Couple days after I stopped carpet-bombing my eyes ==> and through it my thyroids with iodine, I began gaining my voice back and now I can sing 'In the Garden' again!!

Whew!....

D'après ma dernière prise de sang de vendredi 27 mai ma TSH US (3ème génération) est à 9.839 mUI/l elle devrait être inférieure à 4
21 06 18 : 6.594
09 01 17 : 1.647 (j'étais passé de 5 gouttes de Lugol 12% à 1 goutte par jour)
15 09 17 : 19.341
13 08 16 : 10.500

Liste des compléments alimentaires que je prends chaque jour :
Directement au lever le matin : ½ cuillère à café de sel marin Celtic dans un grand verre d'eau
1 heure après : Lugol 2 gouttes 12% dans un verre d'eau
Petit déjeuner : 2 cuillerées à café de Glycine qui adoucit mon thé
Directement avec le petit-déjeuner (bol de thé) : 1 comprimé super vitamine B complexe,
1 comprimé sélénium, 1 gélule vitamine D, 1 comprimé Vit A
1 heure après 3 grammes L-Arginine
Directement après le déjeuner midi : Chardon-Marie 1 comprimé ou 1 comprimé de NAC,
2 comprimés Pré et Probiotique
Dans l'après-midi : 1 cuillerée à café Vitamine C dans un verre d’eau
Avant de dormir : magnésium 1 comprimé

Mon médecin traitant voudrait me mettre sous médicament mais je ne veux pas...
Je prends actuellement 2 gouttes de lugol 12% chaque matin devrais-je repasser à 1 goutte ?...
Ou le supprimer jusqu'à ma prochaine prise de sang dans 6 mois ?...
Qu'en pensez vous ?

De plus Mon médecin m'a trouvé un souffle au coeur, je vais devoir aller voir un cardiologue...

According to my last blood test on Friday May 27th, my TSH US (3rd generation) is 9,839 mUI/l and should be less than 4
09 01 17 : 1.647 (I had gone from 5 drops of Lugol 12% to 1 drop per day)

List of food supplements I take every day:
Straight after getting up in the morning: ½ teaspoon of Celtic sea salt in a large glass of water
1 hour later: Lugol 2 drops 12% in a glass of water
Breakfast: 2 teaspoons of Glycine that softens my tea
Directly with breakfast (tea bowl): 1 super vitamin B complex tablet,
1 selenium tablet, 1 vitamin D capsule, 1 Vit A tablet
1 hour after 3 grams L-Arginine
Immediately after lunch: Milk Thistle 1 tablet or 1 NAC tablet,
2 tablets Probiotic
In the afternoon: 1 teaspoonful of Vitamin C in a glass of water
Before going to sleep: magnesium 1 tablet

My attending physician would like to put me on medication but I don't want to...
I currently take 2 drops of 12% lugol every morning should I go back to 1 drop?....
Or delete it until my next blood test in six months?.....
What do you think of that?

In addition, my doctor has found a breath in my heart, I will have to see a cardiologist...
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
[/CITATION depuis plu

J'ai donc vu mon cardiologue, j'ai bien un souffle au coeur mais petit quoiqu'un peu plus fort qu'il y a deux ans ne nécessitant pas de traitement...
D'après lui pas d'inquiétude... Juste 15 de tension, un peu trop pour Lui...
Je continue 1 goutte de Lugol 1 fois par semaine comme Gaby me l'a conseillé...
Je continue tous mes compléments alimentaires + 1 comprimé de L-Glutatione Reduced le matin
au petit déjeuner avec un petit morceau de pâté ou saucisson
J'ai passé une Echographie de mes seins, tout va bien...
J'ai des douleurs dans mon coude droit qui est traité par mon médecin par du Flector gel 1% auquel j'ajoute un peu de crème DMSO depuis 2 mois environ sans succès... Je pense au canal carpien ?...
Mes ordonnances sont prêtes pour ma prochaine analyse de sang et éventuellement un échographie de la Tyroïde que je ferai novembre/décembre de cette année...

So I saw my cardiologist, I do have a heart murmur but it's a little stronger than it was two years ago and I don't need treatment...
According to him, no worries.... Just 15 of tension, a little too much for Him....
I continue 1 drop of Lugol once a week as Gaby advised me....
I continue all my food supplements + 1 tablet of L-Glutatione Reduced in the morning
for breakfast with a small piece of pâté or sausage
I had an ultrasound of my breasts, everything is fine...
I have pain in my right elbow which is treated by my doctor with Flector gel 1% to which I have been adding a little DMSO cream for about 2 months without success... I'm thinking of the carpal tunnel?.....
My prescriptions are ready for my next blood test and possibly an ultrasound of the Tyroid that I will do in November/December of this year...

So I saw my cardiologist, I do have a heart murmur but it's a little stronger than it was two years ago and I don't need treatment...
According to him, no worries.... Just 15 of tension, a little too much for Him....
I continue 1 drop of Lugol once a week as Gaby advised me....
I continue all my food supplements + 1 tablet of L-Glutatione Reduced in the morning
for breakfast with a small piece of pâté or sausage
I had an ultrasound of my breasts, everything is fine...
I have pain in my right elbow which is treated by my doctor with Flector gel 1% to which I have been adding a little DMSO cream for about 2 months without success... I'm thinking of the carpal tunnel?.....
My prescriptions are ready for my next blood test and possibly an ultrasound of the Tyroid that I will do in November/December of this year...

Depending on your TSH results, you can increase lugol to three times per week, 2 drops.

Blood pressure is a bit high, but it might be alright for your age. The most important number is the diastolic pressure, if it is 15/8 (150/80), that's okay-ish. Flector gel 1% also increases blood pressure and without it, your pressure might normalize.

The pain of Carpal tunnel is more localized in the hand. Insist that the elbow is not getting better and see what the doc suggests. He might prescribe physiotherapy or something else that might be useful.

Merci Gaby pour vos conseils...
Pour ma tension il faudra attendre le 17/10 je demanderai à ma Gynécologue de la prendre.
Pour la TSH, je suppose qu'il faut attendre mes prochains résultats de prise de sang en fin d'année...
D'après ma dernière prise de sang de vendredi 27 mai 19, ma TSH US (3ème génération) est à 9.839 mUI/l elle devrait être inférieure à 4
09 01 17 : 1.647 (j'étais passé de 5 gouttes de Lugol 12% à 1 goutte par jour)
Pour ces derniers résultats, vous m'aviez conseillée 1 à 2 gouttes par semaine... J'en prends donc 1 goutte par semaine actuellement...
Pour le canal carpien, je ne souffre pas de ma main seulement de mon coude, je vais dons arrêter Flector (à cause de la tension) et n'utiliserai que DMSO en attendant de voir mon médecin généraliste début d'année 2021 et lui parler de physiothérapie...
Merci pour tout Gaby.

Thank you Gaby for your advice....
For my blood pressure it will be necessary to wait until 17/10 I will ask my Gynecologist to take it.
For TSH, I suppose we have to wait for my next blood test results at the end of the year...
According to my last blood test on Friday 27 May 19, my US TSH (3rd generation) is 9,839 mUI/l and should be less than 4
09 01 17 : 1.647 (I had gone from 5 drops of Lugol 12% to 1 drop per day)
For these last results, you recommended 1 to 2 drops per week.... So I take 1 drop a week now....
For the carpal tunnel, I don't suffer from my hand only from my elbow, I will stop Flector (because of the tension) and will only use DMSO until I see my general practitioner at the beginning of 2021 and talk to him about physiotherapy...
Thank you for everything, Gaby.

Gaby, is the protocol pinned somewhere? Could you possibly put it (the guidelines) at the top somewhere? There’s so much to read! :lol: So far I’ve just been adding one drop of Lugol’s to one of the bottles waters I have daily. I already take magnesium malate, selenium, zinc, and vitamin C (among other things.) Thanks so much for starting this!

Gaby, is the protocol pinned somewhere? Could you possibly put it (the guidelines) at the top somewhere? There’s so much to read!

There is much to read because there is so much potential troubleshooting. People have benefited, but they also had unexpected problems. If you're going to experiment with lugol, it's best to read the thread, even if it's a bit every day.

Here's a good start:

There is much to read because there is so much potential troubleshooting. People have benefited, but they also had unexpected problems. If you're going to experiment with lugol, it's best to read the thread, even if it's a bit every day.

Here's a good start:

Thanks! I do know that in tests with contrast I’ve never even felt the iodine, and the doctors have said that I must have a really great tolerance for it. However I take that with a grain of salt. I have liver cirrhosis, and I read in one of the threads that Lugol’s can heal the scarring, so that and the selenium therapy are definitely things I really must give a chance. I spent a month unconscious in the hospital in February in septic shock with pneumonia, and my liver shut down. So it’s time to go hard or go home, so to speak. I’m also taking vitamin C (1000mg), sunflower lecithin (1200mg), sea buckthorn oil (omega-7), magnesium (1250mg), zinc (50mg), acetyl-l-carnitine (1000mg), N-Acetylcysteine (600mg), selenium (50mg), molybdenum (50mg), and milk thistle, vitamin D, and B complex. It’s quite the little ritual! Haha! But definitely thanks for the places to start. I am reading the entire thread carefully, it’s just that I kept seeing people referring to the “protocol”, so I had assumed there was a specific set of instructions. But I understand that it’s not one size fits all, so I shall ere on the side of caution. :-)

Good morning,

I think that I have at last found a helpful and competent person who can translate more regularly than my very busy son.
Let me introduce myself again: my name is Chantal Marty, I am 70 years old and I suffer from multiple chemical hypersensitivity (MCS),
electrosensitivity and very severe sensitivity to light. This means that I cannot bear the smell of chemical products, perfumes, cleaning products, tars, inks, etc.

I find it difficult to tolerate electric fields. Going out in the light provokes painful nerve disorders and substantial facial swellings. I had to spend years in total darkness, between 2007 and 2013, relieved only by rare and brief periods of remission.
I emerged from this nightmare in 2013. I was able to go out when it was cold and overcast.

Since the beginning of the year, after reading Lynne Farrow’s book, I have been taking Iodoral, vitamins and the indispensable nutritional supplements, and I have been following the salt load procedure. My ability to withstand light has improved but I am still far from cured. I cannot really tolerate white light – I can go out in the morning with a special parasol, even when it is sunny, but never in the afternoon – an inconvenient state of affairs!

Regarding MCS, there has been no improvement so far, but my electrosensitivity has almost disappeared.
I take between 150 and 200 milligrammes of Iodoral every day – 50 mg every 5 or 6 hours – but the symptoms start to reappear after 4 or 5 hours. This seems a lot to me, and I dare not take even more.

I would so like to be cured!

Have any of you experienced the same thing?

As my husband is a doctor in a town in the Tarn, a department in southern France,I would like to know if I could be put in touch with Dr Abraham, Dr Brownstein or any other other doctor with expertise in this field, in the hope that he could help me, and also help my husband to provide more appropriate treatment for some of his patients.

Chantal

Hello,

Maybe I do not take enough, and yet I have increased the doses and I am at 5 pills (12.5 mg) at 8 am and 5 pills (12.5 mg) at 1 pm and 5 (12.5 mg) at 7 pm Intolerance to light and pain reappear about an hour before each taking.
Should I and can I take more?"

Of course You should. And instead of Iodoral use Lugols. From my own experience, as well as experience people in my group, working doses for your condition are above 150 mg of Iodine. Use Lugol and increase from 100 mg for the first dose to 150 after a week, and you can go much higher. I usually use 500 mg daily, an when I was seriously stung by bee, I used 1000 mg when begun to swell, what helped in 20 minutes, and then 1000 mg, after 2 hours when swelling started some 2 hours later. So working and safe doses range from 150 mg, even to few grams a day.
Such a doses should work perfectly for your problems with depression as well.

You could be right, but I'm currently more interested in improving the effectiveness of smaller doses. For example, I found out that a small amount of blue iodine would give me more energy than much higher amount of Lugol's. Unfortunately, giving more energy to my body also feeds my pathogens, so that's why I have to seek for another solution.

There is well known problem with small doses. Doses below 70 mg may, and often will cause problems. Problems like swallen thyroid, bad mood, headache. Such doses are supposed to feed pathogens who also need iodine, instead of killing them. It is especially important with Hashimoto to take more than 70 mg, even for a start. I would encourage everybody to use doses between 150 and 500 for daily use, and even to few grams if there are some problems, like being poisoned by a snake or insects like bees or spiders. Most problems with Iodine comes with small dose.

Hello,

Meci a lot for your answers.

Because of the heat, I spend a lot of time in the dark. So, my husband reads me books including Barbara Demeinex Cocktail Toxic, which is only focused on the thyroid. What surprises me is the ridiculously low dosages offered in micrograms. How can there be such a gap between various researchers?

I would also like to know at what age can iodine be given to a child and at what dose?

What is the difference between Iodine and Potassium Iodide? In which form does one find the second?

Is it dangerous to take much or too much Iodoral?

Thank you so much

friendships

Chantal

Back
Top Bottom