Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I agree. I have a whole host of symptoms off that one dose alone. Last night I couldn’t stay awake past 9:30. Just now, I woke up this morning feeling like a bag of bricks. Intermittent spells of dizziness, brain fog, muscle soreness, sweats. Luckily I don’t have a recurring viral infection that can be exacerbated by this that I know of. But I have had positive effect as well, like sudden bout of clarity here and there that I haven’t felt in a long time. So I can definitely tell I had a deficiency, but yeah, I mainly just fed critters yesterday.

As my day continued, I had a pear, some water, breakfast and coffee and I noticed my metabolism is increased! This is just off one 12.8mg dose from yesterday afternoon! Iodine's positive effects carried to the next day and seemingly cut past the bromide detox symptoms which were non existent by noon today. This convinced me that I am without a doubt onto the right track and enthusiastically dosed 50mg (78 drops of Trophic). Immediately I had the fog, heaviness, dizziness, which was brought down with a tall glass of warm water and a spoon full of sea salt. Currently, I find when I'm stationed (sitting), the fog kinda creeps in and I get drowsy, but when I walk around and am upright, doing things and scuttling around I get a bursts of energy and clarity. I'll keep applying salt as my day progresses to combat the detox symptoms.

As my day continued, I had a pear, some water, breakfast and coffee and I noticed my metabolism is increased! This is just off one 12.8mg dose from yesterday afternoon! Iodine's positive effects carried to the next day and seemingly cut past the bromide detox symptoms which were non existent by noon today. This convinced me that I am without a doubt onto the right track and enthusiastically dosed 50mg (78 drops of Trophic). Immediately I had the fog, heaviness, dizziness, which was brought down with a tall glass of warm water and a spoon full of sea salt. Currently, I find when I'm stationed (sitting), the fog kinda creeps in and I get drowsy, but when I walk around and am upright, doing things and scuttling around I get a bursts of energy and clarity. I'll keep applying salt as my day progresses to combat the detox symptoms.
In that case I would recommend using at last 80-100 mg for a start, if it will be better (I bet it will), reach 150 mg shortly.

One question: is the protocol, with the co-factors, the same taking 2.50 mg of lugol than 50 mg? So far I took more than 20 drops of 2% lugol, always one drop. Low doses. In general it only makes me sleepy and with bad mood.

You surely need salted water when initially using doses above 50 mg, ascorbinian acid would be good idea too, surely you don't need more selenium (I have strong doubts about using it at all, since claim about shortage in enviroment is completely false, so without checking selenium levels in blood I wouldn't recommend it at all).

In that case I would recommend using at last 80-100 mg for a start, if it will be better (I bet it will), reach 150 mg shortly.

Today will be day 6 at 50mg. I don’t aim to bring that dose up. I’ll try to stay at this dose for the next 3 months. I don’t have bromine detox symptoms all that much anymore either.

I take a glass of water with Himalayan salt in the morning, and maybe another glass of sea salt in the early afternoon at work.

Today will be day 6 at 50mg. I don’t aim to bring that dose up. I’ll try to stay at this dose for the next 3 months. I don’t have bromine detox symptoms all that much anymore either.

I take a glass of water with Himalayan salt in the morning, and maybe another glass of sea salt in the early afternoon at work.

I'm at day 10. Part of what convinced me to try this was two issues that are undiagnosed as I simply avoid the medical system in my country. I've long considered approaching a clinic and going down the road for treatment of these two symptom sets:

Issue 1: GERD Gastroesophageal reflux disease - Wikipedia

Issue 2: IBS Irritable bowel syndrome - Wikipedia

Again, I'm not diagnosed and it's speculative that I should have had any serious concerns with the above symptom sets, but the symptoms to IBS and GERD have become more prominent in the past few years to the point where I'm regularly missing work.

I figured since I'm 40 in 3 years and should try something whiles I'm still young and supple. So here I am at day 10 of 50mg iodine, and I can safely report that the symptoms for both the above issues have dissipated at this point.

Major kudos to all involved in this thread, as it's a trove of helpful data and testimonials.

Another thing I a had on mind is training the legs. Since I do sports more regularly, including squats, my brain works much better. I read somewhere on the forum that they found a connection between leg musculature and cognitive ability.

Hi mrtn, I found that connection too now. I do my morning squats with kettlebells these days 🙌

Once again, thank you for sharing :-)

I found normal squats become to light the more I trained them and I don't like to do them with weights. On the other hand single-leg squats are hard and bit difficult to 'dose'. So what I like to do currently are just some 'side lunges'. It's easier to adjust depending on how much you lean outwards to the side over one leg and at the same time you can get that nice stretch in the other leg. That's more fun for me.

I'm at day 10. Part of what convinced me to try this was two issues that are undiagnosed as I simply avoid the medical system in my country. I've long considered approaching a clinic and going down the road for treatment of these two symptom sets:

Issue 1: GERD Gastroesophageal reflux disease - Wikipedia

Issue 2: IBS Irritable bowel syndrome - Wikipedia

Again, I'm not diagnosed and it's speculative that I should have had any serious concerns with the above symptom sets, but the symptoms to IBS and GERD have become more prominent in the past few years to the point where I'm regularly missing work.

I figured since I'm 40 in 3 years and should try something whiles I'm still young and supple. So here I am at day 10 of 50mg iodine, and I can safely report that the symptoms for both the above issues have dissipated at this point.

Major kudos to all involved in this thread, as it's a trove of helpful data and testimonials.
Having witnessed several people, as well as myself, heal these issues there might be a few pointers for you in what I learned.
Please note however:

What I am posting is Research for Entertainment Purposes Only.
I have no authority nor license to give any medical, psychological, or life skills advice, I just have information to share, for entertainment purposes only.

GERD: The person who was diagnosed with this, by the Medical Professionals nearly puked himself to death.
Young male in his mid 20's, 6'4" and his weight was down to 135 pounds.
All the enamel on his teeth started to wear away, due to the constant regurgitation of acid.
Broken veins in his eyes from heaving so hard.
He was administered the strongest proton pump inhibitors.
He was prescribed antidepressants. Lots of those.
He was hospitalized, scoped and drugged.
Drugged with lots of chemicals to numb his brain, his organs and still, he puked.
Long story short, there were a lot of things that he had seen.
Awful things that he had heard.
All of these things did not fit with the Beautiful World view he had in his heart and soul, from the moment he was born.
Which lead to horrific disappointment in life.
He felt emotions deeply, and grieved wayyyy too much.

I helped him see that his deeply felt "instinctive senses" were just attempting to regurgitate a figurative lump of reality that he was "telling himself" was wrong......the old brain is very literal.
He realized that with all his being, he was refusing to "swallow" issues in life that he did NOT want to accept as reality.
Once he mentally accepted and reconciled his "wishful thinking" with "what is" the puking stopped.

Once his BRAIN got the message, the GERD completed and healed for good.
You will find the information here:

Having witnessed several people, as well as myself, heal these issues there might be a few pointers for you in what I learned.
Please note however:

What I am posting is Research for Entertainment Purposes Only.
I have no authority nor license to give any medical, psychological, or life skills advice, I just have information to share, for entertainment purposes only.

GERD: The person who was diagnosed with this, by the Medical Professionals nearly puked himself to death.
Young male in his mid 20's, 6'4" and his weight was down to 135 pounds.
All the enamel on his teeth started to wear away, due to the constant regurgitation of acid.
Broken veins in his eyes from heaving so hard.
He was administered the strongest proton pump inhibitors.
He was prescribed antidepressants. Lots of those.
He was hospitalized, scoped and drugged.
Drugged with lots of chemicals to numb his brain, his organs and still, he puked.
Long story short, there were a lot of things that he had seen.
Awful things that he had heard.
All of these things did not fit with the Beautiful World view he had in his heart and soul, from the moment he was born.
Which lead to horrific disappointment in life.
He felt emotions deeply, and grieved wayyyy too much.

I helped him see that his deeply felt "instinctive senses" were just attempting to regurgitate a figurative lump of reality that he was "telling himself" was wrong......the old brain is very literal.
He realized that with all his being, he was refusing to "swallow" issues in life that he did NOT want to accept as reality.
Once he mentally accepted and reconciled his "wishful thinking" with "what is" the puking stopped.

Once his BRAIN got the message, the GERD completed and healed for good.
You will find the information here:

I see that you think or believe I struggle with wishful thinking. I can’t say it’s constructive as I always found wishes or hopes and prayers to be kinda lumped into this non-action category of being, even before the topic was brought up by the Cs.

Instead I prefer embodiment and to push ahead by embodying aspects that I believe are part of who I am that leads to results and have demonstrated this method to where I am today. I can’t say I’m particularly fond of the idea of trying to prove that to you in this forum either.

That said, I was actively finding ways to combat symptoms of GERD and IBS, and for a while found temporary cures in fasting and dietary changes such as going paleo for a while back in 2012, so I can tell it has more to do with diet. I just never realize then that I could be iodine deficient. It’s not a buzz worthy topic that fell into my peripheral until the Cs pointed it out.

Edit: also I think part of what caused the gerd symptoms was my posture and how I held my abs. I’ve done it for decades: not letting my gut hang out. I think this messed me up too, and since I stopped doing that and started exercising to shrink my gut I’ve been able to let my guttybits to relax and not be forced into my diaphragm.

Last edited:
I see that you think or believe I struggle with wishful thinking. I can’t say it’s constructive as I always found wishes or hopes and prayers to be kinda lumped into this non-action category of being, even before the topic was brought up by the Cs.

Instead I prefer embodiment and to push ahead by embodying aspects that I believe are part of who I am that leads to results and have demonstrated this method to where I am today. I can’t say I’m particularly fond of the idea of trying to prove that to you in this forum either.

[...] so I can tell it has more to do with diet. I just never realize then that I could be iodine deficient. It’s not a buzz worthy topic that fell into my peripheral until the Cs pointed it out.

Edit: also I think part of what caused the gerd symptoms was my posture and how I held my abs. I’ve done it for decades: not letting my gut hang out. I think this messed me up too, and since I stopped doing that and started exercising to shrink my gut I’ve been able to let my guttybits to relax and not be forced into my diaphragm.

The highlighted parts of your opening statement relate to the outer layer of brain control.
Emotions, beliefs, and conscious awareness have no control of the organs involved in GERD and IBS.

They DO act as a filter, of sorts though.

When I was learning this knowledge, one of the first hurdles in understanding the psyche-brain-body connection, is that the "higher thought centers' of conscious emotions, aren't in charge of Life and Death systems.

The deep, Instinctive Brain is in charge of those systems.
For animals, who tend to operate "instinctively" an indigestible morsel is about a real piece of food, whereas for humans the conflict relates also to any situation or circumstances one is, figuratively speaking, unable to digest or “can’t stomach”, as the English expression goes.

The processes that start GERD and IBS bypass the thinking mind and are registered by the Brainstem, as an “indigestible morsel conflict”. The horror of the situation is perceived at the deepest level of instinctive response.

Not the "thinking" "feeling" part of the brain at all.

These deep organs and tissues are not controlled by emotional "hurt feelings" or "beliefs".

I wish you well and hope you get a chance to explore the information I posted at the web site I linked.

I find GNM very interesting, but I appreciate this thread more for it's focus on the dietary aspects. It's worth noting that the IBS and GERD issues weren't that crippling, besides being more susceptible to stomach bugs. So far I'm 3.5 weeks on daily 50mg iodine and potassium iodide and I'm glad I've experimented.

You can even put more Iodine i mean more drops :) I use in the morning or when i have to go to work before that like 50 drops of five percent and then if i have more work to do i use more 50 drops, but only with milk 3,2. I used long time ago water and my stomache hurt a lot :P

No, but ultravioletbed might. :-D
I plan to use the sun, but the problem is that I am still waiting for it. I had a couple of sunny days in the end of March, but April so far is very cloudy.
so true. excuse my error! :-)
I am starting to work on creating an infrabed, and I was also looking to see if UVB LED strips were available. nothing! UVA - yes, but not UVB :-( It would be nice to have light exposure that would have both NearIR and UVB!

The highlighted parts of your opening statement relate to the outer layer of brain control.
Emotions, beliefs, and conscious awareness have no control of the organs involved in GERD and IBS.

I don't get the fixation on emotions here. Duyunne had problem, took iodine, solved problem. Seems like a mechanical problem with a mechanical solution. If you know of a way to transmute different elements into iodine using emotions, then do tell. But until then, why the convoluted narrative for something that has an obvious explanation?

BTW Duyunne, for those symptoms I would have suggested you look at the Thiamine thread as that is what solved those issues for me.

Back
Top Bottom