Is gender a social construct?

bjorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Carl said:
Atreides said:
An interesting collection of the stuff going on at Evergreen. Not specifically to do with Social Construction of Gender, but the same crazy liberal antics:

That was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a long time. Gotta say I enjoyed the youtube comments this time.
Martin Luther King, Jr. once said: I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

That includes judging white people not by their skin color, but the content of their characters. If you want to fight racism, don't exclude and brand other people as being racist simply because they differ in color. That's kind of counterproductive and racist in itself. How come this logic doesn't apply to them. Couldn't watch this to the end.
 

Carl

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
bjorn said:
Carl said:
Atreides said:
An interesting collection of the stuff going on at Evergreen. Not specifically to do with Social Construction of Gender, but the same crazy liberal antics:

That was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a long time. Gotta say I enjoyed the youtube comments this time.
Martin Luther King, Jr. once said: I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

That includes judging white people not by their skin color, but the content of their characters. If you want to fight racism, don't exclude and brand other people as being racist simply because they differ in color. That's kind of counterproductive and racist in itself. How come this logic doesn't apply to them. Couldn't watch this to the end.
The craziest thing is they make a mockery of actual racism - even current and historic racism against black people. How did this absurd twisting of young people's minds come about so fast? It's like something out of Black Mirror. I preferred it when they only cared about celebrities and partying.

As I understand it college kids used to protest against actual evil back in MLK's day. They even got shot for it right? Now instead it's the young people ushering in this stinking diabolical ideology and calling it social justice.

Gee if I was an evil 4d STS being with mad mind control skills, I would definitely stir up black people to the point of craziness and 'playing the race card' over the most ridiculous things, meanwhile whispering in the ears of white people "Look how absurd this is. This has gone too far".

Same tactic used with the Muslim Terror meme.
 

Hello H2O

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
This has been a great thread, IMO.

Through this discussion I have discovered that this issue is at first glance, pretty confusing. And I think that part is deliberate.

Like most issues of this type, there seems to be an agenda. It would appear that part of that agenda is to separate people, into camps, you could say. When you have more than one camp, you have division, and conflict. And this can be heightened pretty easily after creating. Much like how you can add gasoline to a fire to increase it. But the division must be created first. (Remember how STS strives toward separation)

Other things like the limiting of free speech is involved. But needless to say, this is a breaking down, of a part of society, not building up, or enhancing it.

This may be the ultimate objective.

The issue is presented, as are most issues of this type, with some predetermined or you could say universally accepted data. First would be that gender issues are rampant, and that something has to be done about it. I have seen this issue being pushed almost nightly by the various forms of media. This is creating a problem, that will need a solution. This is how generally these things happen.

Looking at what is happening on university campuses these days, you can see a perfect example of different camps clashing with each other. And no one seems to realize they have been tricked and lied to, into doing just that.
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Gads, it really is like Atlantis redivivus. That suggests that the New Atlantis really is in peril.
 

bjorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Carl said:
bjorn said:
Carl said:
Atreides said:
An interesting collection of the stuff going on at Evergreen. Not specifically to do with Social Construction of Gender, but the same crazy liberal antics:

That was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a long time. Gotta say I enjoyed the youtube comments this time.
Martin Luther King, Jr. once said: I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

That includes judging white people not by their skin color, but the content of their characters. If you want to fight racism, don't exclude and brand other people as being racist simply because they differ in color. That's kind of counterproductive and racist in itself. How come this logic doesn't apply to them. Couldn't watch this to the end.
The craziest thing is they make a mockery of actual racism - even current and historic racism against black people. How did this absurd twisting of young people's minds come about so fast? It's like something out of Black Mirror. I preferred it when they only cared about celebrities and partying.

As I understand it college kids used to protest against actual evil back in MLK's day. They even got shot for it right? Now instead it's the young people ushering in this stinking diabolical ideology and calling it social justice.

Gee if I was an evil 4d STS being with mad mind control skills, I would definitely stir up black people to the point of craziness and 'playing the race card' over the most ridiculous things, meanwhile whispering in the ears of white people "Look how absurd this is. This has gone too far".

Same tactic used with the Muslim Terror meme.
This White privilege business seems like another divide and conquer tactic. It get both sides upset, which rallies them against each other. Gives the authorities a reason to get all police state in the name of tolerance. On top of that, it gives the PTB the opportunity to enforce everything on the population because not doing so is racist. (like gender theory)

And everything in their book can be considered racist or so it seems.


For example, I once talked to girl who was raging about how it's racist of white people to wear clothes not part of their culture. Because it's offending to people who are originally part of that culture. Like, you shouldn't wear an Native American Indian head made of feathers. Or so she told me.

I wasn't quite sure how to respond on that, but I guess I kind of had to. Since it takes two people to talk to each other. And I just happened to be that second person. (victim)

So I answered:
Yeah, I get it. See, I hate it when people wear pirate heads (during parties or whatever), since my family-line are all pirates. How dare they mock my culture like that.

Which wasn't received all that well I believe. For some reason, I doubt I'm going to make a lot of friends in this social justice era.
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
bjorn said:
For example, I once talked to girl who was raging about how it's racist of white people to wear clothes not part of their culture. Because it's offending to people who are originally part of that culture. Like, you shouldn't wear an Native American Indian head made of feathers. Or so she told me.

I wasn't quite sure how to respond on that, but I guess I kind of had to. Since it takes two people to talk to each other. And I just happened to be that second person. (victim)

So I answered:
Yeah, I get it. See, I hate it when people wear pirate heads (during parties or whatever), since my family-line are all pirates. How dare they mock my culture like that.

Which wasn't received all that well I believe. For some reason, I doubt I'm going to make a lot of friends in this social justice era.
Hilarious!

I could use that line myself since I actually DO have a pirate in the family tree, it seems.
 

bjorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
[quote author= Laura]Hilarious!

I could use that line myself since I actually DO have a pirate in the family tree, it seems.[/quote]

Glad someone found it funny, she sure didn't.

I actually don't have pirates in my family. My family is split between the Dutch and German side. Allthough the German side for some odd reason right after WW2 all fled to Argentina. One of the reasons we lost contant.
 

Atreides

Jedi Master
So here is an interesting discussion on morality, which is fundamental to post-modernism and relativism.

https://youtu.be/uZpjdHTWsfM

The current discussion is moving fast online, and has multiple lines of force. This one is a main thread, and you even see a lot of Atheist thinkers moving onto this track more and more.

This has a lot to do with the Skeptic "Community" having been a major player in the recent push back against identity politics (specifically the reactions to Atheism+). Pre-2014 gender ideologues, having had a lot of success on Tumblr and various social networking platforms, opened several simultaneous beach heads in Atheism (calling it Atheism+), as well as game culture (GamerGate), and on the campuses with Social Justice. Not that this was "New(TM)" but it was a resurgence of activity after having been largely in hibernation since the 90s (re: Camille Paglia and C. Hoff Sommers).

All of this stuff ties together. You can't really talk about one, without learning about all the others. You can't really cope with the social construction of gender without post-modernism, you can't really understand post-modernism without atheism and secularism, queer politics and "gender studies." And most of it makes little sense without socialism and Marxism.
 

Ant22

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Laura said:
bjorn said:
For example, I once talked to girl who was raging about how it's racist of white people to wear clothes not part of their culture. Because it's offending to people who are originally part of that culture. Like, you shouldn't wear an Native American Indian head made of feathers. Or so she told me.

I wasn't quite sure how to respond on that, but I guess I kind of had to. Since it takes two people to talk to each other. And I just happened to be that second person. (victim)

So I answered:
Yeah, I get it. See, I hate it when people wear pirate heads (during parties or whatever), since my family-line are all pirates. How dare they mock my culture like that.

Which wasn't received all that well I believe. For some reason, I doubt I'm going to make a lot of friends in this social justice era.
Hilarious!

I could use that line myself since I actually DO have a pirate in the family tree, it seems.
I totally agree that your response was hilarious bjorn :lol2: And if pirate drivers count as pirates I guess I can equip myself in an eye patch ;)

If she ever invites you to costume party, you can comfortably decline without worrying about missing out on a fun night: according to her logic we should all dress up as ourselves to avoid being offensive :rolleyes:
 

bjorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
[quote author= Ant22]If she ever invites you to costume party, you can comfortably decline without worrying about missing out on a fun night: according to her logic we should all dress up as ourselves to avoid being offensive :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yeah sounds pretty boring :lol:

Though that won't ever happen, the only thing she will ever invite me to is my own funeral.

That said I will certainly invite her to my costume party. Theme= cultural diversity. I'm nice like that. :evil:
 

Mikey

The Living Force
Patience said:
Post-modernism... The word itself is preemptively boring. The merest, fleeting thought of reading about it is one of the most boring notions I have heard. Yet, you all have convinced me that I better take a look at this just to understand what is going on and to "immunize" myself a bit.
I understand your sentiment of 'boringness' - I felt the same initially. However, after watching the video about the recent events in Evergreen college I now think that this hysteria may well be the thing that can tip society over at large if it continues to spread.

The arguments/contents in this hysteria don't really matter in the end - people will always find arbitrary reasons to fight - it's the hysteria itself which is a significant sign of the times, OSIT. Society has become a powder keg ready to ignite ... and then?
 

Carl

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Is it just me or does most of this seem to be driven by emotionally unstable girls/women between ages of 15-30? I wonder what that means?
That's the impression I get from all I've seen so far anyway. So much so that I find it remarkable that people like Lauren Southern exist.

Sure there are males involved but they seem to be more of a 'follower' type, or more feminine, and pretty ineffectual in the end.

Meanwhile the right wingers are mostly men, have all the guns, and are spoiling for a fight. Something tells me any 'civil war' would be over quickly if left to run it's natural course.
 

bjorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
[quote author= Carl]Sure there are males involved but they seem to be more of a 'follower' type, or more feminine, and pretty ineffectual in the end. [/quote]

I think they are pretty effectual. Somehow they keep multiplying. Sure they don't appear as strong. But I think they can be quite pathological considering how upset they can get when someone trashes their gender fluidity worldview.

Unstable people like that can be dangerous, especially if you give them power. And the first generation is just on the rise. They will take over eventually, and when they do. We will have our own Atlantis.
 
Top Bottom