Jake Sully, Anonymous and "WhatIsThePlan" - PsyOps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting item came to my inbox:

London police arrest ‘Anonymous’ hacker involved in HBGary cyber attack

Two men have been arrested in the UK for participating in cyber attacks performed by the hacktivist groups LulzSec and 'Anonymous' under the cover of the online identity "Kayla."

The two men, aged 24 and 20, were arrested separately by the Metropolitan Police Service's Central e-Crime Unit on Friday for conspiring to commit offenses under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.

"Kayla" had claimed to be a 16-year-old girl who reportedly played a key role in a cyber attack against the software security firm HBGary Federal. Members of 'Anonymous' defaced HBGary's website and stole 44,000 company e-mails in February after former CEO Aaron Barr told the Financial Times that he'd identified the "core leaders" of the group and had information that could lead to their arrest.

Barr resigned shortly after the cyber attack.

The emails revealed that the company had concocted plans to attack WikiLeaks on behalf of Bank of America and collected information on progressive political figures for the U.S Chamber of Commerce.

"Kayla" was also believed to be a key figure of LulzSec, a group that claimed responsibility for a hacking rampage targeting the websites of the Central Intelligence Agency, PBS, the U.S. Senate, Sony and others. {Awesome!}

The arrests were part of a coordinated investigation involving the FBI, South Yorkshire Police, and other law enforcement agencies into the activities of 'Anonymous' and LulzSec.

"The arrests relate to our enquiries into a series of serious computer intrusions and online denial-of-service attacks recently suffered by a number of multi-national companies, public institutions and government and law enforcement agencies in Great Britain and the United States," Detective Inspector Mark Raymond said in a statement.

"We are working to detect and bring before the courts those responsible for these offences, to disrupt such groups, and to deter others thinking of participating in this type of criminal activity."

According to this BBC report http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14760650 there are four arrests made, coinciding with the appearance before an US court of fourteen suspected members of Anonymous.

Four men have been arrested in separate parts of the UK by police investigating the hacker groups Anonymous and LulzSec.

The suspects - from Doncaster, Warminster, Northampton and London - are being questioned by Scotland Yard's e-Crime unit.

Their arrests are part of a wider operation involving UK law enforcement and the FBI.

At the same time, 14 suspected members of Anonymous appeared in a US court.

Authorities around the world have been rounding up suspects following a wave of attacks by both groups on major corporations and government institutions.

Amazon, PayPal, the CIA, US Senate and the UK's Serious Organised Crime Agency have all suffered either intrusions or denial of service attacks, designed to take their websites offline.
Mass arrests

In the latest round of British arrests, police detained 20-year-old Christopher Weatherhead from Northampton and 26-year-old Ashley Rhodes from Kennington, near London.

The pair are due to appear at Westminster Magistrates Court on 7 September.

Detectives also arrested a 24-year-old man from Doncaster, and a 20-year-old from Wiltshire for conspiring to commit offences under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.

In the United States, a mass court appearance saw 14 suspected Anonymous members appear before a judge in San Jose, California.

All of them denied being involved in a denial of service attack on PayPal's website in December 2010.

Anonymous had publicly declared its intent to target both PayPal and Amazon for, what the group perceived as, their complicity in isolating whistle blowing website Wikileaks.

Following the leaking of confidential US State Department memos, PayPal stopped processing donations to Wikileaks, while Amazon kicked the site off its web hosting service.

The worrisome thing is that it could be that they did get some Anon-folk ... and they could be put under special "pressure" and then found to be "not involved" and sent back out as spies to pay for their freedom. That happens a lot, ya know?

Laura said:
The worrisome thing is that it could be that they did get some Anon-folk ... and they could be put under special "pressure" and then found to be "not involved" and sent back out as spies to pay for their freedom. That happens a lot, ya know?

Yep. You'd think anyone who was arrested would be persona non grata in the Anon community just out of suspicion that they were "flipped" and made informants.

Laura said:

Yup, that could sure happen, but so far we're looking at a couple dozen arrests out of how many thousands, possibly 10's of thousands, of activists? No doubt computer activists are going to get ratted out, busted, go to jail, etc. but I think it will be a VERY small percentage, and every one the PTB take out, the attention creates hundreds more.

Guardian said:
No doubt computer activists are going to get ratted out, busted, go to jail, etc. but I think it will be a VERY small percentage, and every one the PTB take out, the attention creates hundreds more.
(My bold)

As I understand this, there seems to have been a sort of witch hunt launched to turn in 'bodies' which can be worked upon. It sure reminds me of those days of old when they did the same to student protesters and anti-Vietnam-war activists (including conscientious objectors and draftdodgers) in the 1960's and '70s with similar results as far as I remember.

**EDIT** fixed quote.

Palinurus said:
As I understand this, there seems to have been a sort of witch hunt launched to turn in 'bodies' which can be worked upon. It sure reminds me of those days of old when they did the same to student protesters and anti-Vietnam-war activists (including conscientious objectors and draftdodgers) in the 1960's and '70s with similar results as far as I remember.

**EDIT** fixed quote.

Yup, and they won't actually catch the ones who are actually good at being "Anonymous" for obvious reasons,

....and the beat goes on :cry:

Chanology anons RARELY got get arrested. Because Chanology anons and people at WWP use totally legal tactics that we can defend in court. These plan folks have gone further than we ever were willing to. They are the ones getting arrested for ILLEGAL ACTIVITY. Google "Anon Sparrow" and see what he was up to until Scientology decided to try and shut him up using the courts and lawyers. That's the kind of arrests that happen within THIS arm of Anonymous. The plan has been less careful about how it behaves. They're bringing the scrutiny upon themselves. But who really cares? That arm of Anonymous has grown gangrenous and is being cut off as I type this.

Anons don't "get flipped" because real ANONS aren't doing things that need them to be flipped from. In our fight against Scientology we try to stay close to the "system" because we're using the system its self to achieve our goals. The plan people are just idiots.

Do yourselves a favor though and don't talk too much smack about Anons. They don't like it and ultimately you'll regret it. Better to leave them alone and they'll leave you alone. If, however, you treat Anons with some respect, as Ive seen, they'll generally return said respect. Wat you don't want is to paint a target on your back by saying WWP is a hive of COINTELPRO and that it's been infiltrated -when we're an open book, easiest infiltration in the history of infiltrations. It will just get you clowned mercilessly and prolong this already ugly chapter.

I realized i said "real Anons" when I should have said most of Anon's operations ... and the bulk of anonymous not "real" since there's no such thing as a "real anon" -my bad

slobeck said:
Chanology anons RARELY got get arrested. Because Chanology anons and people at WWP use totally legal tactics that we can defend in court. These plan folks have gone further than we ever were willing to. They are the ones getting arrested for ILLEGAL ACTIVITY. Google "Anon Sparrow" and see what he was up to until Scientology decided to try and shut him up using the courts and lawyers. That's the kind of arrests that happen within THIS arm of Anonymous. The plan has been less careful about how it behaves. They're bringing the scrutiny upon themselves. But who really cares? That arm of Anonymous has grown gangrenous and is being cut off as I type this.

Anons don't "get flipped" because real ANONS aren't doing things that need them to be flipped from. In our fight against Scientology we try to stay close to the "system" because we're using the system its self to achieve our goals. The plan people are just idiots.

Do yourselves a favor though and don't talk too much smack about Anons. They don't like it and ultimately you'll regret it. Better to leave them alone and they'll leave you alone. If, however, you treat Anons with some respect, as Ive seen, they'll generally return said respect. Wat you don't want is to paint a target on your back by saying WWP is a hive of COINTELPRO and that it's been infiltrated -when we're an open book, easiest infiltration in the history of infiltrations. It will just get you clowned mercilessly and prolong this already ugly chapter.

Yes, thanks very much you to Jake Sully.

slobeck said:
Anons don't "get flipped" because real ANONS aren't doing things that need them to be flipped from.

You really can't count on that hon, 'cause the Feds HAVE and WILL set people up! They will lie, falsify evidence, plant "terrorist" type stuff in your house, etc. They've been doing it for decades and they're not going to stop now.

Guardian said:
slobeck said:
Anons don't "get flipped" because real ANONS aren't doing things that need them to be flipped from.

You really can't count on that hon, 'cause the Feds HAVE and WILL set people up! They will lie, falsify evidence, plant "terrorist" type stuff in your house, etc. They've been doing it for decades and they're not going to stop now.

You took the words right out of my mouth Guardian!

slobeck said:

I just want to point out, slobeck, that if you've read this whole thread, which I think you have, then you'll see that no one is talking 'smack' about Anon. When it comes down to it - we don't care! It has nothing to do with us.

Quite frankly, I'm not even sure why this conversation is continuing at this point. We just want to be free to talk about the fringe stuff we talk about. We get it - we're weird, we're moonbats, we're nuts - whatever. That's old news. No one here has any intention of interfering with Anon - we don't go to other forums and interfere and we'd appreciate it if others followed that same philosophy.

The fact that Patrick Gaines took our material to other forums is proof that he's not a part of what goes on here because we don't do that - ever. So - don't worry about us 'talking smack' - we are interested in the truth here, wherever we find it. Not 'smack'.

slobeck said:
Wat you don't want is to paint a target on your back by saying WWP is a hive of COINTELPRO and that it's been infiltrated -

Who said dat? Are you confusing what we're posting about Worldrevolt.net with WWP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom