Japan - 8.9 Earthquake - Fukushima Meltdown

Laura said:
Ummm.... I guess while this was being posted, I was formatting that session to publish it. The actual time given was not 1.6 years but 16 according to the notes and since the session was in October, I guess they only missed it by about 5 months.

Anyway, here is the checked session with commentary:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=22347.0

Make sens as 1.6 year would lead to a complicate calculation ((12/10)*6) to know the number of months they was refering.

SAO said:
Could this be a hit for the C's?

C's said:
Q: (L) We would also like to have more information on earth changes. Is the Japanese earthquake that just happened as you predicted last week, the last of the
Japanese problem? (An entire session had been lost due to tape malfunction.)
A: No.
Q: (L) Can you give us more on that...
A: There will be activity about 8.9: 67 miles off Osaka coast; 9.7: central Tokyo.
Q: (L) Are all of these going to happen within this year?
A: No. Within 1.6 years.

The magnitude is exact!

Does this mean that there's the possibility of an even stronger earthquake of magnitude 9.7 taking place under Tokyo in the future??

Ellipse said:
Laura said:
Ummm.... I guess while this was being posted, I was formatting that session to publish it. The actual time given was not 1.6 years but 16 according to the notes and since the session was in October, I guess they only missed it by about 5 months.

Make sens as 1.6 year would lead to a complicate calculation ((12/10)*6) to know the number of months they was refering.

Not to mention it seems odd that they would correct Laura's guess by such a seemingly insignificant amount. She guessed within a year, and they corrected to 1.6 years rather than simply saying "close" as they often do when something is close enough.

Eboard10 said:
Does this mean that there's the possibility of an even stronger earthquake of magnitude 9.7 taking place under Tokyo in the future??
Given the recent activity on this planet I'd say that is not so unlikely. Which also means LA is probably going to "go" soon, so I probably ought to get the heck out of here, and anyone else on the forum living on a fault line should consider that too. Earthquakes can happen in a lot of places, but it makes no sense to live on a huge fault line, especially during a time of global upheaval as we're experiencing now. Cuz that's just asking for trouble!

SAO said:
Ellipse said:
Laura said:

Not to mention it seems odd that they would correct Laura's guess by such a seemingly insignificant amount. She guessed within a year, and they corrected to 1.6 years rather than simply saying "close" as they often do when something is close enough.

Eboard10 said:
Given the recent activity on this planet I'd say that is not so unlikely. Which also means LA is probably going to "go" soon, so I probably ought to get the heck out of here, and anyone else on the forum living on a fault line should consider that too. Earthquakes can happen in a lot of places, but it makes no sense to live on a huge fault line, especially during a time of global upheaval as we're experiencing now. Cuz that's just asking for trouble!
'

Hmm what if live near coast line - Gdansk (PL) but there is no earthquake near my region but.. tsunami ?

Lukas said:
Hmm what if live near coast line - Gdansk (PL) but there is no earthquake near my region but.. tsunami ?
Especially if your coast is directly facing a big underwater fault line. Some coasts may be less likely to be impacted by tsunamis than others. And even if you're on the coast, if the land elevation is high enough it's safer than living close to water level. If moving is not an option, you can at least make an escape plan, see if there's a way to get to higher ground quickly from where you live, and remember it in case you need to use it. The problem with tsunamis is they happen very quickly after an earthquake so you'll not have more than a few hours warning, so just keep paying attention. Make sure if breaking news like that happens it'll reach you sooner rather than later so you have time to take action.

SAO said:

After seeing what tsunamis can do, the idea of anyone living on the coast on or near a major fault line in this day and age would seem to not be the best idea (to put it mildly!)

I wanted to report that they lifted the tsunami warning here in Hawaii at about 9:00am, a friend just came by around 12:30
and said that the water had just sucked off the reef which is strange so the ocean hasn't settled down yet, I think I'll stay home today. It's getting real spooky living here on a Island and the planet in general, yesterday we had a 4.6 earthquake on Big Island and Kilauea volcano is erupting more and more every day. I hope the C's are wrong about the 9.7 but it looks like things are accelerating very quickly!

Eboard10 said:
SAO said:
Could this be a hit for the C's?

C's said:
Q: (L) We would also like to have more information on earth changes. Is the Japanese earthquake that just happened as you predicted last week, the last of the
Japanese problem? (An entire session had been lost due to tape malfunction.)
A: No.
Q: (L) Can you give us more on that...
A: There will be activity about 8.9: 67 miles off Osaka coast; 9.7: central Tokyo.
Q: (L) Are all of these going to happen within this year?
A: No. Within 1.6 years.

The magnitude is exact!

One can only imagine the devastation a quake of that magnitude would do to such a densely populated city like Tokyo. With countless high-rise buildings and a population over 12 million, it'll be catastrophic.

I was searching for the strongest earthquakes ever recorded, and there was a 9.5 registered in Chile back in 1960. _http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/world/events/1960_05_22.php

For those living on fault lines will want to check out the bottom of this page for details on how to deal with earthquakes (the before, during and after). The webpage won't let me cut and paste it _http://www.ussartf.org/earthquakes.htm

Truly devastating, the news channels keep putting the images and it's just terrible, fortunately Japan is well prepared for sismic activities, they have been raised that way. Here in the south pacific the tsunami wave is about to get here, a bunch of people is gathering to see it. It's really sad to see people laughting and joking about such a devastating earthquake. #prayforjapan

Let's really hope this is the last one there for a long time to come, no 9.7 .

EDU

I think the tsunami reaching the western coast of the united states makes the events going on in japan a little bit more real for me. Not only that it makes this whole future cataclysmic scenario seem a little more real. 3 feet wasn't bad... but I am thinking if it had been 10 feet, I could have been in a similar situation to those in japan.

Some clear pictures of the disaster:

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/03/earthquake-in-japan/100022/

A repeating theme is gas lines catching fire, so even earthquake-resistant buildings tend to have a weakness in gas lines that are not as flexible as the rest of the building, so they break and ignite.

I also had a dream about two or three nights ago, of an unusual little white car with red markings on it...almost like eyes where the headlights would be, floating down a river of water.

The next morning, my daughter told me of a dream she had of our backyard filled with water and waves and splashing up over the decking up to the doorway. I asked her if it came into the house and she said just a little and she put a towel down to wipe up the water.

During a news segment this afternoon, one of the commentators said that a scientist (unnamed) calculated that the Japan 8.9 EQ had resulted in a slight speed up of the earth's rotation by 1.6 micro seconds. Of course there were no specifics or solid references to check this out - typical of U.S. news these days. Weren't we experiencing some sort of change in the rotation recently? If I remember correctly, the earth was slowing down. I could be mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom