Javier Milei has been elected president of Argentina

Russia could recover the Falklands for Argentina and Gibraltar for Spain. Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova warned that if Britain arms Ukraine, Putin could order attacks on various British bases, including the Falklands and Gibraltar. Whose side would the Milei regime take in such a scenario?

Sources:

Well..

is there any other source for the claims? I couldn't find any. The two sources from the tweet are the same, that is one cites the other. And none of them say where she said it, all they say is that she said it on Thursday 5/23.. but I couldn't find anything about it in English, nor in her telegram channel in Russian, which is where she would usually make such statements, so it sounds false.

But, also, it would also be a terrible idea for Russia and incredibly out of character.

Well..

is there any other source for the claims? I couldn't find any. The two sources from the tweet are the same, that is one cites the other. And none of them say where she said it, all they say is that she said it on Thursday 5/23.. but I couldn't find anything about it in English, nor in her telegram channel in Russian, which is where she would usually make such statements, so it sounds false.

But, also, it would also be a terrible idea for Russia and incredibly out of character.
I heard the report on several outlets, just forgot where. But if NATO troops us NATO weapons inside Ukraine to attack targets in mother Russia, and Russia knows that much of the weaponry it mentioned HAS to be manned by NATO troops, then it is on the table to strike US military targets. Putin cannot just sit there and take it over and over and over, and that is the point he is probably trying to make to try to stop the escalation. I would not be shocked if this were like his other "red lines" - complete BS. But as some point they might not be BS.

Well..

In the video Bluegazer posted, the source mentioned in a Greek news outlet: NEWS 24/7 | Ειδήσεις, Νέα Από Την Ελλάδα και τον Κόσμο

He says sometimes they are trustworthy, and add details before other media do, but that it is still not confirmed. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it was pretty interesting. It sounds like one more instance where it is made "all about Argentina", whereas if something was actually said, it might have been a general statement, basically that if the UK meddles too much, Russia will target some of their military infrastructure. It's not the first time they say something like that, so it could be true. But again, it's not really about Argentina per se. To claim that Russia may "reclaim the Malvinas/Falkland for Argentina" is quite a stretch. As if they didn't have any bigger worries...

He says sometimes they are trustworthy, and add details before other media do, but that it is still not confirmed. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it was pretty interesting. It sounds like one more instance where it is made "all about Argentina", whereas if something was actually said, it might have been a general statement, basically that if the UK meddles too much, Russia will target some of their military infrastructure. It's not the first time they say something like that, so it could be true. But again, it's not really about Argentina per se. To claim that Russia may "reclaim the Malvinas/Falkland for Argentina" is quite a stretch. As if they didn't have any bigger worries...
yeah, no source anywhere.

I think, based on what I saw on the comments on the video, they're very very happy to humor the notion that Russia would return Malvinas to Argentina, which sounds more like wishful thinking than anything and maybe that's why this thing caught on fire.

I do not think that Zajarova would not say something like "if you attack russia, then russia will consider you a target and has a right to respond" they say that all the time, but to then take that and turn it into "Russia has plans to attack Malvinas and return it to Argentina" is an entirely different story.

But I could be wrong. For now, it seems like something, if there was anything, was taken out of context.

yeah, no source anywhere.

I think, based on what I saw on the comments on the video, they're very very happy to humor the notion that Russia would return Malvinas to Argentina, which sounds more like wishful thinking than anything and maybe that's why this thing caught on fire.

I do not think that Zajarova would not say something like "if you attack russia, then russia will consider you a target and has a right to respond" they say that all the time, but to then take that and turn it into "Russia has plans to attack Malvinas and return it to Argentina" is an entirely different story.

But I could be wrong. For now, it seems like something, if there was anything, was taken out of context.
I think the original context I heard was just bombing the base and people made the assumption of what Argentina would do then to take it back themselves with the base destroyed. I think Milei has his nose so far up NATO's ass right now, he would not do anything to piss off the Brits.

I think the original context I heard was just bombing the base and people made the assumption of what Argentina would do then to take it back themselves with the base destroyed. I think Milei has his nose so far up NATO's ass right now, he would not do anything to piss off the Brits.
And since there's so much discontent in Argentina right now, then anything that may hint at delegitimizing Milei is welcome with desire.

Well, all I could find was a Reuters piece saying:

MOSCOW, May 23 (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Thursday that Moscow will retaliate with strikes on British targets if British weapons are used by Ukraine to strike Russian territory.

Zakharova told reporters that British targets "on Ukraine's territory and beyond its borders" could be hit in such a scenario.

She was repeating a warning that Moscow first issued earlier this month after British Foreign Secretary David Cameron said Ukraine had a right to use weapons provided by London to hit targets inside Russia.

This warning was indeed posted on the 8th of May in her Telegram channel saying:

[...]

The actions of the British authorities, who are literally choking in Russophobia, fully confirm the bias and hostility of the British line on the Russian direction.

❗️ We have repeatedly warned London that any unfriendly actions will receive an inevitable proportionate response. Our response will be tough and calibrated.

But from this to extrapolate that the Falklands/Malvinas will then be attacked and returned to Argentina, sounds a like a stretch. Besides, why would Russia attack those little islands that possess no strategic value?

Besides, why would Russia attack those little islands that possess no strategic value?

While it is true that there is a desire to recover the islands for the Argentines, to say that they have no strategic value is not entirely true.

We have to think that they are not the islands per se. It is the proximity to Antarctica, its resources and what lies beneath the white continent, and trade routes...

In addition to the Malvinas Islands there are other UK bases in the South Atlantic:

malvinas-actualidad-e-importancia-geopoltica-10-728.jpg

Currently, 80% of the oil that supplies Western Europe and 40% of U.S. imports pass through the South Atlantic. Considering that 90% of the international trade that transports food, minerals, hydrocarbons and manufactured products is done by sea, the passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific and vice versa, through the south of the continent, has regained importance due to the fact that the Panama Canal has technical difficulties for large ships with deep draught to cross it. Moreover, as one of the consequences of the climate crisis* is the melting of the Antarctic Ocean, it is to be expected that a new commercial maritime route will emerge towards the Asia-Pacific area, to which the axis of the world economy and its finances is shifting.
The South Atlantic may be key in the Sino-US dispute, since from the base that Great Britain and NATO have in Mount Pleasant, Malvinas Islands, via the Indian Ocean (Diego Garcia-Mauritius Island), it allows the US to connect a military bridge to dissuade it from approaching the “new silk route”. Other actors with interests in the South Atlantic are Brazil, Uruguay, Russia, China, South Africa, Nigeria and Angola.

Argentina must defend its vital interests in the South Atlantic, Malvinas and Antarctica, in addition to protecting the La Plata Basin, the continental ice and the Guarani aquifer, and guarding the three passages to the Pacific such as the Drake and Magellan Straits and the Beagle Channel.

*We already know that climate change is not what they say it is....

Posted on June 8, 2023:

China's port in Tierra del Fuego moves forward: the governor ratified with a decree the memorandum of understanding with the regime

Argentina continues to facilitate China's access to strategic issues, this time in Tierra del Fuego, the gateway to Antarctica that Xi Jinping's regime seeks as part of its expansionist projects in the world. It will do so by means of the authorization to build a multipurpose port in the southernmost province of the country, a reiterated demand of Beijing.

Governor Gustavo Melella ratified by means of provincial decree 3312/22 the construction of the naval base and passed it on to Mónica Urquiza, president of the Legislature of Tierra del Fuego, so that it can be dealt with by her deputies. The agreement was signed with the Chinese state-owned company Shaanxi Chemical Industry Group Co. Ltd.

The memorandum -written both in Chinese and Spanish- states that the Asian regime chose that province because “it is located in the extreme south of South America, is rich in natural gas resources and is one of the new industrial powers of Argentina”, in reference to the technological assembly that is being developed in Tierra del Fuego.

25 Sep, 2022:

China's plan to build a naval base in Tierra del Fuego with a hidden obsession: Antarctica.

Governor Gustavo Melella opens the doors for companies of the regime to participate in strategic works. In 2010 an agreement was signed for the construction of a petrochemical pole and a port. Infobae toured the site that was abandoned by the contractors.

Note that infobae has a rather Atlanticist-leaning editorial...

Last edited:
They'd literally have to fly over all their other enemies to bomb a tiny town.
They would use one of their subs, probably demonstrating they can hit a target without warning - implying they could do the same with nukes off the mainland. I think if they did anything it would be symbolic to "send a message" and nothing strategic. Why else specifically mention bases overseas instead of just taking out something on the British mainland. You start making strategic strikes and things can escalate more rapidly. Part of the point is, UK is less likely to escalate if in the Falklands/Malvinas or Gilbralter (two cities I heard mentioned) than something important. Like I said though, I will believe it when I see it. I still remember all the threats Putin was making after the elections in the Donbass - NOW these are part of Mother Russia - better not attack them! Y A W N !!! But at some point he could follow through on his threats as he did on February 2022.

More interesting than the Falklands/Malvinas, is Antarctica.

It happens that a Russian research vessel recently discovered massive amounts of oil and gas just underneath the continent's floor. And as expected, the West is worried that Russia may be interested in exploiting these reserves, as the country is considered a "bad actor" because of Ukraine. Of course, there are treaties and accords around Antarctica that protect it, and its territories are divided between the UK, Chile, Norway, France and Australia, and it seems that such action by Russia or China seems far fetched, but generating negative headlines hitting them is never a waste for the West.

More interesting than the Falklands/Malvinas, is Antarctica.

It happens that a Russian research vessel recently discovered massive amounts of oil and gas just underneath the continent's floor. And as expected, the West is worried that Russia may be interested in exploiting these reserves, as the country is considered a "bad actor" because of Ukraine. Of course, there are treaties and accords around Antarctica that protect it, and its territories are divided between the UK, Chile, Norway, France and Australia, and it seems that such action by Russia or China seems far fetched, but generating negative headlines hitting them is never a waste for the West.
Even more than the oil and gas. The US has a weapons base in Antarctica for directed energy weapons located about where the neutrino facility is - that facility is apparently dual use. Years ago a whistleblower who worked at the facility actually had a press conference to talk about what was really going on there. If there is a world war, that makes it a military target, although probably would not be worth a land invasion, just blow it up from the sky.

Also if you have seen the Linda Moulton Howe interview with the two former military (Spartan 1 and Spartan 2 as they were anonymous, but they are naive if they think they could hide themselves from the powers that be....), there are ancient structures there others might be interested in.

The other interesting thing about the Falklands / Malvinas is apparently it is a key location for the "black goo" substance. Apparently its discovery there happened at about the same time as the war in the 1980s, and that is probably not a coincidence. The biggest deposit of it is is actually here in Paraguay from a meteor site in the very north of the country where the Bush's bought their big piece of land. A friend of the researcher in the video I am about to post the link to actually traveled down here to get a sample. He shows some lab behavior of the stuff as well as discusses the history including the links to the Malvinas if anyone is interested. Just have to skip through the beginning where he is talking more on chemtrail research he has done.
. He says there are two flavors of the stuff - that which occurs naturally on the planet and another type that is extraterrestrial in origin that carries a very negative energy (the elites like using it in their sacrifice rituals).

Back
Top Bottom