JFK by L. Fletcher Prouty

i finished JFK this week and i have to agree with the general opinion here, that this is a MUST READ work.

the book is barely about the assassination at all but could properly be called "the history of the world from the end of WW2 to the end of the vietnam war and beyond"

some fascinating insights from a very highly placed source.

Yup. It is a definite MUST read if a person seeks to understand anything about our world at present.

Iconoclast said:
i finished JFK this week and i have to agree with the general opinion here, that this is a MUST READ work.

the book is barely about the assassination at all but could properly be called "the history of the world from the end of WW2 to the end of the vietnam war and beyond"

some fascinating insights from a very highly placed source.

Iconoclast,

I'm just curious, have you also read The Secret Team too? I've read this one and found it to match pretty close to what you describe as "the history of the world from the end of WW2 to the end of the vietnam war and beyond". At some point into the book it seemed like Proutey describes the same sort of things about the CIA that Lobaczewski described about pathological groups in PP, but without the language of PP. I'm just wondering how much different material exists between these two books - The Secret Team and JFK, that is. I'd like to read JFK eventually, but I'm trying to finish some of the other recommended books as well. If the information between these two books is that much different, maybe I'll have to bump up JFK on my reading list.

The Secret Team was the most important book in my early search for understanding of our history and current condition. It really opened my eyes, and got me started on a search that eventually led me here. I used to order stacks of books from my library's inter-library loan system. The Secret Team and Smedly Butler's War is a Racket were real gems.

I recently read JFK, and was astonished by his recounting of the history of the Vietnam war, and the obvious parallels with what's going on today.

RyanX said:
Iconoclast,

I'm just curious, have you also read The Secret Team too? I've read this one and found it to match pretty close to what you describe as "the history of the world from the end of WW2 to the end of the vietnam war and beyond". At some point into the book it seemed like Proutey describes the same sort of things about the CIA that Lobaczewski described about pathological groups in PP, but without the language of PP. I'm just wondering how much different material exists between these two books - The Secret Team and JFK, that is. I'd like to read JFK eventually, but I'm trying to finish some of the other recommended books as well. If the information between these two books is that much different, maybe I'll have to bump up JFK on my reading list.

Ryan X, yes - i've read 'the secret team' too - i read it first and held off on JFK - i thought that i already knew a bunch about the kennedy assassination, thinking (wrongly) that the book would be mainly about the assassination itself.

i would say that the proper order to read those two books is probably JFK first, then the secret team.
there isn't too much information overlap imho. and both should definitely be read.

Iconoclast said:
Ryan X, yes - i've read 'the secret team' too - i read it first and held off on JFK - i thought that i already knew a bunch about the kennedy assassination, thinking (wrongly) that the book would be mainly about the assassination itself.

i would say that the proper order to read those two books is probably JFK first, then the secret team.
there isn't too much information overlap imho. and both should definitely be read.

I agree. I also think that Controversy of Zion should be read even before JFK. It more or less ends with WWII and certain events after, and then JFK overlaps that and continues on.

Laura said:
Iconoclast said:

I agree. I also think that Controversy of Zion should be read even before JFK. It more or less ends with WWII and certain events after, and then JFK overlaps that and continues on.

Thanks Iconoclast & Laura. I'm actually working on CoZ at the moment during slow times at work. I'll see if I can find a copy of JFK after I'm done with this.

I read this book and was amazed at how little I knew about how the whole Vietnam war was set up and staged. The Secret Team organizes and directs armed conflicts around the globe and directs the flow of information to the White House. Who's in charge? Not the President, that's for sure. I certainly see signs of a global conflict in the future. All the pieces are being moved into place and would certainly fit into the Malthusian mandate for depopulation. I thought this book was going to be centered on JFK and was surprised that it did not, and I certainly learned a lot more than I bargained for. Definitely a must read if you want to know how the world really works according to an insider.

I bought both The Secret Team and JFK at the same time. I began with ST but began to drift with it and picked up JFK and was riveted. Finally I had found an explanation of why we were in Vietnam that made sense--it was not pretty but it offered an explanation that filled in many gaps and explained the real flow of power and purpose for being there. This is a sad and disgusting history and a shame on the people who have exploited and used Americans as well as the Vietnamese, Cambodians and all others invaded by the secret teams. Reading JFK gave me the context I needed to go back and finish The Secret Team. Prouty's authentic insider whistle-blower voice is chilling as it reveals the madness that is loose on our world.
shellycheval

shellycheval said:
I began with ST but began to drift with it...

I had the same experience -- coincidentally, I also had the same experience with Richard Dolan's first book, UFOs and the National Security State. I found out quite by accident (because I had taken them both with me on a vacation) that reading them together made them both more interesting -- since they cover roughly the same period of time, and talk about many of the same government personalities and organizations from different angles, they actually complement each other really well. I haven't had a chance to read JFK yet, but I am pretty sure the same could be said for it as well.

Ya'll have written some good comments about these books; I hope you will put them on amazon reviews!!!

so, i finally finished listening to the expansive interview with prouty that i mentioned in another thread.

in this 1989 6-hour session he recounts his experiences during his military career in chronological order.
it is jam-packed with interesting information and well worth the time it takes to listen to.
since part of mr. prouty's job was to give briefings, he manages to pack a lot of information into clear and understandable language.

i think this is a very important document about a crucial period of history - from someone who had a front row seat.
and since mr. prouty is no longer with us, i feel the 'need to know' by the public outweighs any potential copyright claims.
therefore i have uploaded the mp3-files to a filehost for easy access for anyone interested.
should the mods here feel that this is inappropriate, i will naturally remove the files.

link:
_http://www.sendspace.com/file/9ojt9h
(size: 122 MB)
(i could have used a faster filehost (i get about ~65 kb/s), but i wanted one with minimal advertising, no waiting time and no captcha protection)

i would recommend this even for people who have already read 'the secret team' and 'jfk'.
IMHO listening to the words gives additional weight and reality to the information presented.

enjoy!
:D

Iconoclast said:
i have uploaded the mp3-files to a filehost for easy access for anyone interested.

link:
_http://www.sendspace.com/file/9ojt9h
(size: 122 MB)

Hi Iconoclast I just tried the link but it said the file is no longer available- is there any chance you could upload it again please?
I just ordered Prouty's JFK and also JFK, the Unspeakable by James Douglass- it would be great to listen to this interview before they arrive!

Read the two books back to back too, very informative.

Another book that goes into the same direction is Hepburn's book "Farewell America" which can be found published online at _http://www.voxfux.com/kennedy/farewell/farewell00.html.
Apparently written by the French counterpart of the CIA it gives a good account into what kind of political climate JFK was elected as president into and what alliance was forged to remove him from office.
In some parts there is close agreement with Fletcher Prouty, with the main difference being that "Farewell America" delves more into the nittygritty of the conspiracy than Fletcher Prouty does, who describes more the political maneuvering and behind the scene moves.

Back
Top Bottom