Joe Rogan

He has had to do something he just told JBP (in his latest interview) he never does, that is read what people are writing about him, and he has had to come out and apologize (which is worth the listen).
His tactic of simply ignoring the haters just doesn't work anymore at this point, but he is also not an intellectual who can mount a powerful response to the attacks.
In MMA, it is perhaps advisable to stay aware of what the opponent is doing and what the coach suggests. In a public debate, it is also important to know what the opponents are thinking, to avoid falling into a trap. On the other hand, if the window was only so large for Joe Rogan, it may overall have been a situation where a hit-and-run was the most effective. It is now up to his followers to defend him, and if need be, take what they have learned and move with it, like when a school closes down unexpectedly, and those who wish to learn more begin to look around for a new opportunity.

He’ll be fine. I think a lot of people are waking up and dismissing cancel culture, even when they may have been initially for it. Because it’s just gotten to the point that everyone needs to be canceled if we are going to save everyone else from hurt feelings or ideas they don’t accept. I have liberal friends who even like Joe Rogan, so trying to get normal libs (not just the super woke) behind his cancellation is going to backfire.

He’s not conservative so they can’t hold that against him. And the fact that he saw his use of the N word as tactless and apologized for it speaks volumes. They can say he’s a racist and white supremacist and blah blah blah, but his followers will call bullsh*t.

Out of anyone, Joe Rogan will hold the line and there will be millions of people behind him.

Sorry for the rant. I love Joe Rogan. Maybe he’s part of the CIA or some misinfo patsy but he feels real, he speaks his truth regardless of how other people feel and he is constantly seeking knowledge. That’s respectable in my book. 9D6923AF-3AEF-4B15-887B-F396194A38A7.jpeg

I agree
I think he will be fine and he should go to an independent platform, he has the connections and the following. I don’t pay for Spotify but I would subscribe to a channel that Joe would move to.

I think the fact that the PTB have risked drawing attention to him by trying to cancel him shows how desperate they are.

Yeah, the mystery for me is how Joe Rogan could have stayed strong for so long with the incredible pressure on him. Imaging you start a podcast and just chat with your friends, then the whole thing blows up, and then suddenly everyone from the US president to famous actors, from the press to the twitter mob, is going after you. That Joe could ignore all that for so long and just keep doing what he's doing says a lot about the strength of his character. I guess we can be thankful that somehow, of all people, a body-building MMA fighter ended up in that position. But I guess even he can only take so much, his apology is an indication that he feels the need to compromise somewhat. His tactic of simply ignoring the haters just doesn't work anymore at this point, but he is also not an intellectual who can mount a powerful response to the attacks. Plus, at some point he might simply feel the need to protect his family. I think no matter how that all unfolds, Joe did everyone a huge service. Whether he remains able to do so, or different people might come to the scene, or whatever, remains to be seen.

Just for clarification, Joe Rogan isn’t a body builder and never fought in MMA as far as I could see. As Wikipedia says, he is primarily a martial artist who started at a young age and was pretty successful. He did his last official fight when he was 21 of age (a long time ago) because he didn’t want to get his brain destroyed by the fights. With that solid understanding/foundation at his disposal, he has become an MMA commentator for many years now (in which people fight with the same techniques he has fought/learned in different martial artist devisions). After the age of 21 he started to work on becoming a comedian (and a pretty good/successful one) and then was moderator/commentator/actor in a couple of TV series/shows. Then he started his podcast which quickly became the most successful in the world (and IMO also one of the best). He has a talent for really listening to his guests and ask very good questions. No censorship of any kind, just freely talking/listening to people without any rules or deadlines. As a person and comedian he is also pretty funny IMO and I think a combination of those factors above is what makes him and his podcast so popular (rightfully).

I personally think it would have been wiser for him not to respond to that silly „racist video“.

I think apart from him being a pretty strong/grounded character, the fact that he doesn’t have to worry about his financial situation (he has become pretty rich, I think) explains why it was and still is „pretty easy“ for him to not back down. For example, it is much easier for a person that is very well off (financially speaking) at the current climate to very publicly and openly state that he is not vaccinated and doesn’t think it is sensible to force him and others to do so and to use alternative medicine instead, than for a person to do the same who has to worry about his financial situation (providing food, safety and stability to his family and himself).

I also would say that you don’t have to be an intellectual to mount a powerful response to attacks like these, and in fact I think Rogan has been pretty good at it so far (excluding the latest apology for that „racist video“). I think Rogan (for the person he is + being a pretty good comedian) is as well prepared as you can possibly be against nonsense like this, considering that he is (more or less) part of the mainstream. I guess good friends/family are also a big plus he has at his disposal. He also seems to be a sharp thinker who likes to get to the bottom of issues. He seems to read a lot (and interesting stuff) and seems to learn quite a bit from his many really thoughtful/interesting guests. That probably plays into his favor too.

I agree though, unfortunately, it seems to start to get to him now. Hope he doesn’t back down and go the self censor route.

Last edited:
I agree though, unfortunately, it seems to start to get to him now. Hope he doesn’t back down and go the self censor route.
I don’t think it’s getting to him personally so much. I think his apology was the obligation he feels to Spotify, I suspect they have been pretty good to him when YouTube started to censor him, and he is trying to help them navigate out of being stuck between a rock and a hard place. He has strong ethics, and I would say he is very loyal. He knows he’ll be okay but he won’t want to see Spotify badly affected. He may have a good relationship with their executives which he is loyal to.

I don’t think it’s getting to him personally so much. I think his apology was the obligation he feels to Spotify, I suspect they have been pretty good to him when YouTube started to censor him, and he is trying to help them navigate out of being stuck between a rock and a hard place. He has strong ethics, and I would say he is very loyal. He knows he’ll be okay but he won’t want to see Spotify badly affected. He may have a good relationship with their executives which he is loyal to.

Could very well be! In fact, thinking about it, maybe that is what is actually going on instead of it „getting to him“? I would gravitate toward that explanation too at the moment.

Much of what passes for news discussion in the mass media is contrived. It isn't really of any interest except for the talking heads to draw attention to and say: 'Isn't that something'.
I don't know Joe Rogan very well, and when I watched his videos, It wasn't very memorable. And I just dismissed it as fluff about what the mass media is saying is newsworthy.
It's nice to counter the nonsense the mass media produces, but if that's all you do, it's the same tune, because it is always in reaction to it, and so it gets old.
One example of how the mass media blows things out of proportion and creates news topics out of thin air, is at the Olympic ceremonies...
So, after the opening declaration, there was the lighting of the Olympic flame, and this lighting was by former Olympians from the past to the present... The final torch bearers was a woman/man duo - one of which was a member of a minority which Western countries claim China is oppressing. How controversial!
And so, what would normally be a highlight of a Olympic ceremony, becomes a international news event about East/West brinksmanship.
This is what the alt media feeds on, and the mass media will always provide fodder for discussion.

The meteoric Joe Rogan media phenomenon, where an alt celebrity exponent himself becomes major news subject for MSM is like a major celebration for the news people. So many reasons to have a big roast, on true ? facts.
JR made one mistake and one only, he broadcasted his Covid experience. He might have apologized for whatever after the 100 videos removed, and he might keep a very verbally restrained and intelligent radio demeanor, however all that is a big zero in front of the global media villages and their ID10Ts, that are currently having a bigger party than all Boris' parties put together.
But like I said, it is just a phenomenon. Let them laugh and party. It might just be their last one.

Just for clarification, Joe Rogan isn’t a body builder and never fought in MMA as far as I could see. As Wikipedia says, he is primarily a martial artist who started at a young age and was pretty successful. He did his last official fight when he was 21 of age (a long time ago) because he didn’t want to get his brain destroyed by the fights. With that solid understanding/foundation at his disposal, he has become an MMA commentator for many years now (in which people fight with the same techniques he has fought/learned in different martial artist devisions). After the age of 21 he started to work on becoming a comedian (and a pretty good/successful one) and then was moderator/commentator/actor in a couple of TV series/shows. Then he started his podcast which quickly became the most successful in the world (and IMO also one of the best). He has a talent for really listening to his guests and ask very good questions. No censorship of any kind, just freely talking/listening to people without any rules or deadlines. As a person and comedian he is also pretty funny IMO and I think a combination of those factors above is what makes him and his podcast so popular (rightfully).
If anyone else is curious about Joe's story and how he got to the point where he is, Jordan Peterson did an interview with him a while back in which they go through it at great length:

Now, here's the other thing that I was thinking about today, after I read that the mayor of Ottawa declared a state of emergency in the city amid peaceful protests by truck drivers, and I could be wrong but, I daresay that there's a chance that a lot of the people joining the protests or supporting the truckers have listened to Joe Rogan, and so both events might be either directly or indirectly connected.

And as such, I was thinking that this is really an act of desperation, a friend of mine, when discussing Joe Rogan, mentioned to me how terrible of an idea it was to attack someone at the height of their power, it was poor strategy and only a desperate foe would do such a thing. And so, I thought that after spending billions of dollars, and all the energy that it takes to control the narrative in the media, political circles and coordinate a global effort, censoring countless of voices online for two years, it didn't work.

Now, don't get me wrong, from a point of view, they managed to make billions of people jump at their backing call, but I do suspect that their goals were much larger and the large majority of people who feel for their lies were always going to do so, and maybe they did gain some territory through their two year effort, but the fact that they're going through this much effort to deplatform Joe Rogan for being more sensible, honest and popular than their multibillion global media conglomerate, is not only an act of desperation, but also a sign that things are not going as they wished they would.

Which is perhaps a hopeful thought, and Joe Rogan might still fall, but I also think that nature finds a way, and part of the nature of humanity is to continue to converse and seek answers and if Joe goes, then perhaps other voices will rise in ways that those who are looking to get rid of him cannot predict, as they were not able to predict, despite his already immense popularity, that Joe Rogan would become a problem.

Just looked at the app store and there are other viable music apps. If Spotify continue to harass Joe Rogan I for one will be getting rid of it and moving to a different platform.

His followers probably share the same sentiment, so they will be limited if they attempt to overly control what he does. In a way, having a larger following provides some guarantees against the PTB overreach.

Back
Top Bottom