Joining the private FOTCM Board

Thank you Chu for your detailed clarification. I did't feel to have enough knowledge for joining FOTCM to be honest, and was hoping to gradually learn to be able to apply for it. But if my application can be accepted at this stage, I will be happy to participate more and better in the group Work. :)

I sent my filled application for joining FOTCM online a couple of days ago, but not sure if it was filled it out properly and if it was received. Can it be accepted? May I send it signed by post?

Siberia said:
I sent my filled application for joining FOTCM online a couple of days ago, but not sure if it was filled it out properly and if it was received. Can it be accepted? May I send it signed by post?

Everything is OK and sure, send us your signed copy. Thank you. Welcome to the Fellowship, Siberia!

Siberia said:
I did't feel to have enough knowledge for joining FOTCM to be honest, and was hoping to gradually learn to be able to apply for it. But if my application can be accepted at this stage, I will be happy to participate more and better in the group Work. :)

Oh, that's one thing I forgot to mention! There is absolutely no requirement in terms of a level of knowledge some of you may have imagined needs to be achieved! Can you read ;), and are you interested in the material and in becoming part of FOTCM? Then, your "level" is enough! Same as for the forum. No level required, just a common interest (and respecting the forum rules, of course).

Chu said:
Siberia said:
I did't feel to have enough knowledge for joining FOTCM to be honest, and was hoping to gradually learn to be able to apply for it. But if my application can be accepted at this stage, I will be happy to participate more and better in the group Work. :)

Oh, that's one thing I forgot to mention! There is absolutely no requirement in terms of a level of knowledge some of you may have imagined needs to be achieved! Can you read ;), and are you interested in the material and in becoming part of FOTCM? Then, your "level" is enough! Same as for the forum. No level required, just a common interest (and respecting the forum rules, of course).

Thank you Chu and Possibility of Being! Will try to send my signed application tomorrow. :cheer:

Chu said:
It seems to me that there is a lot of confusion regarding FOTCM. Let me clarify some things just in case:
- Filling the form online: If you are afraid of this information being intercepted or whatever, simply print the PDF form, fill it in by hand, and mail it.

Can you please indicate where to find the PDF version of the forum?
Thanks ;)

DougEE said:
Chu said:
It seems to me that there is a lot of confusion regarding FOTCM. Let me clarify some things just in case:
- Filling the form online: If you are afraid of this information being intercepted or whatever, simply print the PDF form, fill it in by hand, and mail it.

Thanks ;)

It's here:

http://paleochristianity.org/documents/FOTCM_Membership_Application.pdf

http://paleochristianity.org/how-to-join/

DougEE said:
Chu said:

Thanks ;)

Hi DougEE,

Here it is.

I fill the form online,next step is to sent signed copy through the post,but receiving will take two weeks at least :huh:
Can you please suggest short way?

sToRmR1dR said:
I fill the form online,next step is to sent signed copy through the post,but receiving will take two weeks at least :huh:
Can you please suggest short way?

Registered airmail (препорачано писмо за авионски превоз).

Good afternoon
Was the new FOTCM "private" forum a suggestion or recommendation of the C's or is this a new media or legal requirement in the executive's home country?
From observation - it appears many people are climbing aboard so quickly, with such enthusiasm - almost blindly; this is very interesting; yet also puzzling.
The required "application" to view the session transcripts appears antithesis to the refreshing open character that kept my interest in this forum - regardless of the justification espoused by the forum administrators.
I am struggling, as I type, to refrain from cynicism while keeping the perspective of open-minded understanding. It could be the word "church" that I cognitively lump into the same bucket as "bureau", "corporate", or similar edifice. Though I speak for myself - I wonder how many others share this feeling.
At the end of the day I am disappointed in the course the executive has charted; I will not be boarding the SS FOTCM but bid those who sail - a safe voyage - including the stowaways.

granite_duckling

granite_duckling said:
Good afternoon
Was the new FOTCM "private" forum a suggestion or recommendation of the C's or is this a new media or legal requirement in the executive's home country?

The private FOTCM forum is not new. It has existed ever since FOTCM was created as a safe place for FOTCM members to share private details and for members to organize meetings. So to answer your question, it was neither a suggestion by the C's or a legal requirement. The legal aspects revolve around the sessions themselves, which for the protection of the group were moved to the private forum.

From observation - it appears many people are climbing aboard so quickly, with such enthusiasm - almost blindly; this is very interesting; yet also puzzling.
The required "application" to view the session transcripts appears antithesis to the refreshing open character that kept my interest in this forum - regardless of the justification espoused by the forum administrators.

The application to join FOTCM is not "required" to view the sessions, it is required in order to join the Fellowship. Getting access to the private forum is a separate process altogether, a process that involves the moderators and ambassadors looking at each member's participation on the forum in order to gauge sincerity and commitment to the Work. That is all.

I am struggling, as I type, to refrain from cynicism while keeping the perspective of open-minded understanding. It could be the word "church" that I cognitively lump into the same bucket as "bureau", "corporate", or similar edifice. Though I speak for myself - I wonder how many others share this feeling.
At the end of the day I am disappointed in the course the executive has charted; I will not be boarding the SS FOTCM but bid those who sail - a safe voyage - including the stowaways.

I'm sure plenty of people recoil at the word church. But it is really up to each person to decide whether they align with the principles that are behind the creation of the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind. That's really what is important, what is the true test of any group. I'm not sure what you are disappointed by exactly, but know that moving the C's sessions to a private area was done for legal protection. If that makes you upset, well I'm not sure what to tell you. Would you rather have the sessions public but Laura and Ark in prison? That seems rather selfish.

granite_duckling said:

granite_duckling

Hi. I don't think of it as a church in the way we've come to know churches through their histories & actions. The principles goals & aims are freely available for all to see. If you look closely at the forum as a whole, you should be able to see that it's not like those "moral, spiritual edifices." Everyone with eyes to see should be able to discern this by now, they say one thing then do another. The Fellowship does not. You can join up, if accepted, & leave if you so wish; without the "sin" & "eternal damnation" narrative to carry for the rest of your days. Why not think of it as a (cool) school? Have you read the works of Gurdjieff & compared it with the Cassiopaea statements? In this level of density we are stuck with hierarchical structures but it doesn't mean good like-minded people can't reclaim what was once lost & manipulated into a shadow of themselves. Everyone is encouraged to work on themselves (and if possible, rid themselves of the above "sin" & other programs, false narratives etc) if they choose to, then they might be of Service To Others. The forum is full of these statements/requests, emphasized & reiterated over & over. Whatever you choose, I wish you a safe voyage too. :)

Making the transcripts private was not an easy decision for Laura, as she has always given the information freely. However, the political climate is changing and requires protective measures. In fact, there would not be anymore transcripts if she ended up in jail! Plans are in the works to publish them in book format, or perhaps even via email. So a bit of patience is not too much to ask.

Joining FOTCM is not a requirement for participation here on the forum, nor should a person join if they do not agree with the principles - just in hopes of gaining access to the private forum - just to read the transcripts.

I do feel you are being quite selfish, granite_duckling. Your participation here has been very limited (8 posts in 3 years) so coming in here pitching a fit and being cynical, does not sit well with many of us members. Your reference to the SS FOTCM was a low blow. What have you given back for this free information?

Lilou said:
Your reference to the SS FOTCM was a low blow. What have you given back for this free information?

granite_duckling might've been using the prefix for ships with that reference. (steam ship) The negative connotations slipped by me actually, so it could be that too. Hope it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom