Joining the private FOTCM Board

I bolded the text to ask you this question. I am trying to understand how do you know that "being on the board would not help me evolve to a higher level via association".
As I reflect on the intent or meaning of my statement, was that I have decided that I need to participate more before I feel I am ready to apply and until I have acted on my self imposed goals are reached I am content with what I have achieved and can do for now. Please explain where the “Predator’s Mind” comes into this process from your perspective.

As I reflect on the intent or meaning of my statement, was that I have decided that I need to participate more before I feel I am ready to apply and until I have acted on my self imposed goals are reached I am content with what I have achieved and can do for now. Please explain where the “Predator’s Mind” comes into this process from your perspective.
Generally our "predator's mind ( critical parent or some program) tend to come up with that type of reason. If you already thought through it and needs time, it is fine. I am sorry if i offended you.

I've thought about this off and on since I came back to the forum with a slightly clearer outlook but many more questions, especially in these trying times. If it is acceptable to the group and you think I I have more to offer in terms of contributing then I'd like to ask to rejoin the private board. If there is any issue then I'll know I have much more work to be doing than I presently think (and it's a lot!) but I will understand completely.

Communicating through writing is better for me to really get to the heart of the matters although I does take a lot of time translating my thoughts into a coherent and proper sentence or paragraph. Since I've been home (where I grew up) I have found it cathartic in some aspects but have missed deep conversations that were only found through the forum. While I had hoped to have a little more time to be able to finish the remodel on the house just so it was a clean, healthy space so I could read and be more active on the forum... best laid plans and all... :lol: it seems like there is no better "time" like the present and the rest will either work itself out... or it won't.

I still work a full time retail job, have animals to care for and live a relatively quiet life. By design. I like boring very much! While my roommate of 5 years is wonderful in her own right we don't talk about any matters of importance nor is there anyone even remotely interested that is in my daily life which consist of the people at work. Anyway I'll share more on the Swamp thread when I can about things that may or may not be of help to others. But as always thank each of you for being you!

Well, I have filled out the application form and shall toddle off to my local Post Office tomorrow to get it sent off. I don't have a scanner so shall just have to wait for access to the private board, assuming I am accepted :shock: . Hopefully, I shall not encounter the officious little hitler I had to deal with the last time I went there. I shall just have to gird my loins and remember the C's counsel in the latest session with regard to strategic enclosure and not make myself a target. After dragging my heels over doing this for so long I am really excited now 🤞.

I have a problem with Paypal.
The automatic monthly transfer does not work.
I converted the money from CHF to USD, because I thought that the problem would be solved.

Now Paypal writes me the following:

Your automatic payment did not go through.
We've tried to process your automatic payment several times, and it is now past the original due date. You should contact Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind to pay what you owe.

Does anyone have the perfect solution for me?:cool2:

I have a problem with Paypal.
The automatic monthly transfer does not work.
I converted the money from CHF to USD, because I thought that the problem would be solved.

We've tried to process your automatic payment several times, and it is now past the original due date. You should contact Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind to pay what you owe.

Does anyone have the perfect solution for me?:cool2:
No perfect already exist probably.

I would just consider the bank transfer, but first, learn about costs by contacting your bank or get information from their site.

You could try to contact Paypal and ask for details of why it doesn't work. I guess they can give you more specifics. I'm assuming it has worked before and now doesn't and you din't change anything? Maybe the card you are using (credit card?) and/or something with the bank has changed?

@YoYa

From what you write I get the impression you didn't provide the correct info to PayPal for them to be able to execute your order of payment properly. That could be all sorts of things like address, account number or whatever.

The best way to solve this seems to be to first cancel the standing automatic monthly transfer completely and then try to formulate a new order for automatic monthly payment starting from a new date and be careful to provide them with all the necessary info they require.

As for the missed donations that didn't come through, you could make a one-off donation to compensate for them via the donate button at the top of the page in the header, or on SOTT.

What Pashalis advises would be helpful too as you would learn the specifics of what impeded them to comply.

Thank you all.

For this I always have enough money on Paypal - if I run out of money, Paypal can access my credit card. This is settled between us.

At the beginning of May, I gave Paypal the instruction that they may start with the automatic bank transfer on May 26.

On May 26th it didn't work - then I canceled the automatic bank transfer. I gave a new instruction on May 29th and changed my account currency from CHF to USD. Only on June 6th, they started the payment. That was no problem for me, so okay.

But yesterday, July 6, I wanted to check it to be sure. Nothing.
So I wrote to PayPal and got the answer in the mail above.

I would first check with them again if they can give you a more detailed explanation what went wrong.
Thank you Pahalis! This will be my next move.
I'll be in touch.

Hi YoYa, I second what Pashalis said, contacting PayPal is the best option to pinpoint the root cause of your issue.

Just a small tip, I needed to contact PayPal around a month ago and they were only using a chat option due to corona as their staff were working form home. It's not a live chat, you'll basically leave a message with your query and someone will reply to it. You should receive an email that a message has been sent to you via PayPal but for whatever reason I didn't. I kept checking discovered the message section and at some point the reply was there.

I hope their customer service department has now returned to business as usual but in case it hasn't just be patient with their chat system. They replied to me within just under 24 hours.

I hope it helps and good luck with resolving the issue :-)

Thanks, Ant22!

I just had a Paypal employee, Sigrid, in the chat - but I didn't get smart.

Sigrid 2:00 PM
You instruct the merchant to charge your account again

Y Y 2:02 PM
Trader? ... It's a monthly donation I had activated, in May 2020.

Sigrid2:04 PM
Contact the recipient requesting the payment.

Y Y 2:06 PM
Okay, then this is not a standing order, but a regular charge to the beneficiary?

Sigrid2:07 PM
Only the beneficiary can initiate the new payment.

Y Y 2:09 PM
Thank you - one last question: Then I cannot set up a standing order from my site via Paypal?

Sigrid2:11 PM
This is a standing order.

Y Y 2:15 PM
Okay - we now know that my credit card is ok, will the transfer work in August? ... or should I cancel the transfer and start again afterward?

Sigrid2:16 PM
Please contact the recipient.

Y Y 2:17 PM
Well, thank you for your time, Sigrid.

So, I'll trigger the July donation from the Donate site and see what happens in August.
This kind of situation bores me.

The easiest way is to go to Donate page here Donate to Cassiopaea

Then you are redirected to PayPal donation site
You enter amount you want to donate
Click check-box whether you want it to be monthly donation or not
and click Next
and that should be it :)

When you go to your PayPal acc, you see that subscription in active donation.

Back
Top Bottom