Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

Another home run interview with Dr. Peterson and Aubrey Marcus
Worth noting:
* Prayer 1 & 2
* Heath Ledger

Published on Jun 13, 2018 / 1:25:45 213,645 views

With a mirrored reflection by The Editors of Balder and Dash

Bright Wall/Dark Room December 2016: "It's a Wonderful Life?" by Chad Perman | Balder and Dash | Roger Ebert
Snip: December 13, 2016
It’s easy to lose track of your life All of us do it, in one way or another, locked up so tightly in our own heads—our own private little worlds—that we lose sight not only of The Big Picture, but of our own smaller pictures as well: our families, our friends, the things we set in motion, the lives we impact and influence on a daily basis.

Dr. Irvin Yalom, a brilliant psychotherapist and writer, is, sadly, nearing the end of a long and distinguished career. As such, he’s turned his professional focus over the past few years towards death, and the long shadow it casts over every single aspect of our lives. How are we, the only creatures on earth aware of our own fragile mortality—no matter how well we live, how wonderfully we behave, how healthy we are—supposed to carry on with this awful knowledge? In the face of this, what is the point, ultimately, of anything that we do? How do those of us not comforted by the tonic of religion, soothed by the promise of a better world awaiting us after this one, confront our own mortality without being utterly paralyzed by it?

Yalom, an existentialist to his core, concludes, finally, that we’re each responsible for making our own meaning in this life, but that the way we ultimately endure is through our “ripples”:

“The fact that each of us creates—often without our conscious intent or knowledge—concentric circles of influence that may affect others for years, even for generations…[and] this effect we have on other people is in turn passed on to others, much as the ripples in a pond go on and on until they’re no longer visible but continuing at a nano level.”

Oh, I love the analogy about telling the truth in the vid, starting around 47:50 into the interview. The analogy of the true note that hits an orchestra of off-tuned instruments... they can't play together immediately...

thank you for the vid. Missed that one.

Reactions: Ca.
I saw this in the Globe and Mai. Apparently Jordan Peterson is suing Wilfred Laurier University for defamation.

Jordan Peterson sues Wilfrid Laurier University for defamation
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-jordan-peterson-sues-wilfrid-laurier-university-for-defamation/

I think the bolded portion is the most revealing in the article. This suit didn't make sense to me initially since it was a private conversation not a public defamation (which is what such laws mostly cover). But I think the suit needs to be examined in the context of Ms Sheperd's own suit. It seems like a pincer attack in which the university will be caught in a lose-lose situation in the courts. Either they were "just expressing opinions" as they say in this article, in which case the humiliation and censurement of Ms Sheperd was entirely malicious and unwarranted, or they were expressing the matter of factly and the university now has to justify its position on how JBP's ideas violate the university's hate speech policy in a court of law. It's pretty smart IOW. JBP has the disposable income to make something like this work to set an example for higher education.

Here's a short interview with JP talking about his reasons for suing:

And from his own channel:

Summary of JP's account of the events from the videos above:

Lindsay Shepherd (LS) launched her court case early June I believe, JP read about her court case, was seemingly appalled at what she detailed as; attempts from faculty at Wilfrid Laurier University to belittle, bully and humiliate her AFTER publicly apologising for the initial 'inquisition/interrogation' she was subject to after playing the video of JP to her students in class. From her account of events there was a whole host of petty and malicious things that were said / done to her to make her life difficult and basically ruin her blossoming career in academia. In support of this, JP stated that he had been on hiring committees many times and if there was the slightest controversy attached to a candidate's reputation then they were not selected for the job.

LS is suing professors Nathan Rambukkana, Adria Joel, Herbert Pimlott & Wilfrid Laurier University (WLU). Her claims are: $500k for harassment, $500k intentional infliction of nervous shock, $500k negligence, $100k constructive dismissal, aggravated damages - $500k, general damages- $500k, punitive damages- $1million.

After speaking with her lawyer at length JP decided to file his own court case. He concluded that WLU had "not learned what they needed to learn" and if one court case wouldn't teach them, then maybe two would! Claims: $500k defamation, $500k injurious falsehood, $500k punitive damages.

Defamatory statements seemed to be his main grapple and understandably so! He was compared to "Hitler or Milo Yiannopalis" and states in the 1st video (which has since been removed from youtube) that these people are VERY different (well durr) & that the professors should basically choose their damn words more carefully as such comparisons should not be used lightly.

Numerous false claims were made about JP's beliefs and actions towards trans students by the professors. It was claimed that he was spreading hatred, alt-right, comparable to hitler, incompetent, a racist, sexist, homophobic bully. All those statements could damage his professional and personal reputation and it his his belief that they were said with that very intention. So after 7 months of deliberation he decided to take legal action.

In the 1st video the interviewer was struggling to understand how JP could be a proponent of free speech, yet is now suing the professors for defamation. I'm paraphrasing here but basically JP explained that they are two separate things and that there are certain laws in place to protect the public from things such as hate speech, speech that incites violence & defamation, and he is simply exercising his right to protect himself and his reputation. At the same time he is sending a message to these fanatic liberals (my words) that what they did is NOT ok and they won't get away with it.

My thoughts are that this court case is justified and that JP is sending a message to SJW professors everywhere and to the universe essentially, that this behaviour will not be tolerated. Those responsible should be held accountable for their words and actions. Clearly they did not learn the first time so maybe this will show them. Whether it will actually pan out this way, we will have to wait and see!

A thought occurred to me - all this leftist acceptance of any urge or compulsion as natural and therefore good - like pedophilia, gender dysmorphia, and other mental disorders (reclassified as "identities") reminds me of New Agers and their "we're all one" concept. It's the same inability to classify or differentiate. Failure to discern between good and evil, STO and STS, objective and subjective. In other words, post-modernism and "Oneness" are the same thing with slightly different hats - one "spiritual", one political/social.

Both take a concept that might only be true in an absolute 7th density sense - where everything is ultimately an illusion/subjective/One, and foolishly try to apply it in a world where duality *is* the reality. Both just prioritize feelings and wishful thinking over anything else. New Agers send love and light and trust anything that is "channeled" if it showers them with pleasantries and tells them they're special and will ascend into godhood just by sitting around contemplating their special navels. Leftists do the same - they like Obama because he showered them with eloquent pleasantries and promised ascension/salvation. They are both "special snowflakes" and expect something for nothing from the rest of society/universe. They both reject established "conservative" reality and think they're breaking some kind of revolutionary new ground by replacing it with "anything goes". They both are also attracted to things like Veganism for the same reasons. And ironically, they both stop being quite so tolerant and turn vicious with anyone who disagrees with them.

So yeah I'd say this is all just New Age 2.0. CNN/Soros/Hillary are the new "ascended masters".

A thought occurred to me - all this leftist acceptance of any urge or compulsion as natural and therefore good - like pedophilia, gender dysmorphia, and other mental disorders (reclassified as "identities") reminds me of New Agers and their "we're all one" concept. It's the same inability to classify or differentiate. Failure to discern between good and evil, STO and STS, objective and subjective. In other words, post-modernism and "Oneness" are the same thing with slightly different hats - one "spiritual", one political/social.

Both take a concept that might only be true in an absolute 7th density sense - where everything is ultimately an illusion/subjective/One, and foolishly try to apply it in a world where duality *is* the reality. Both just prioritize feelings and wishful thinking over anything else. New Agers send love and light and trust anything that is "channeled" if it showers them with pleasantries and tells them they're special and will ascend into godhood just by sitting around contemplating their special navels. Leftists do the same - they like Obama because he showered them with eloquent pleasantries and promised ascension/salvation. They are both "special snowflakes" and expect something for nothing from the rest of society/universe. They both reject established "conservative" reality and think they're breaking some kind of revolutionary new ground by replacing it with "anything goes". They both are also attracted to things like Veganism for the same reasons. And ironically, they both stop being quite so tolerant and turn vicious with anyone who disagrees with them.

So yeah I'd say this is all just New Age 2.0. CNN/Soros/Hillary are the new "ascended masters".

Land Of Confusion
Obama Foundation Published on Jan 20, 2017
5,390,379 views - Zero Comments:
The Obama Foundation will be a living, working startup for citizenship — an ongoing project for us to shape, together, what it means to be a good citizen in the 21st century. We are based on the South Side of Chicago and will have projects all over the city, the country, and the world. We want to hear from you. Send us your ideas, your hopes, your beliefs about what we can achieve together. This will be your Foundation just as much as it is ours, so share your voice at obama.org

Jun 25, 2018

Last edited:
Liberal programing continues!

DIXON, Calif. - The vice mayor of Dixon is under pressure to resign from office or face a recall effort after he called for "Straight Pride American Month" and referred to gay people as "tinker bells" in a newspaper column.

Ted-Hickman%20Full%20Frame.jpg

“We ARE different from them…We work, have families, (and babies we make) enjoy and love the company (and marriage) of the opposite sex and don’t flaunt our differences dressing up like faries (sic) and prancing by the thousands in a parade in nearby San Francisco to be televised all over the world.” Hickman’s words sparked outrage in the LGBTQ community.

Hickman did not respond to a request from KTVU for an interview to discuss the column, his potential resignation or efforts to remove him from office.

But over the weekend Hickman told The Reporter newspaper in Vacaville that his column was written “tongue in check.”

“Don’t like what I write, don’t read it,” he told the newspaper.

He also said the he does not represent all Dixon residents equally.

“I do represent them equally on government issues, not their personal habits,” he told the newspaper. “I’m not elected to represent their lifestyle.”

Listened to it and found the discussion at the end about his Paleo diet (in which he recently also cut out green so basically only meat) pretty interesting. His family (his daughter, his wife and Peterson) basically came to the same conclusions as many here have through trial and error. They alls have a pretty intense history of autoimmune disease and this only meat and fat diet works wonders far all of them, as we have found as well.

Another thing that makes him dangerous; even though he explicitly states that diet and health is outside of his expertise many people will find the idea of switching to a meat diet not that strange anymore and might even try it and get better! He also jokingly mentions how much of an "sozial outcast" one becomes in sozial gatherings around food with this strict attitude but that is actually the only thing that enables him and his family to do what they do! No kidding!

Peterson jocking:

"So I'm a social pain and an ideological pain and now I'm a nutritional pain! So it's like I have no friends."

During his first Interview with Sam Harris he ate something bad and had the worst reaction ever, didn't sleep for 25 days and was on the brink of total collapse. So he has to make sure to be 100 percent clean in that regard otherwise it takes him out for months and he can't do what he needs to do.

Oneness is pretty complex to me. I wouldn't dismiss it as new age hooey, though I certainly see where you're coming from.

CassWiki expands on the complexity of oneness better than I can here:
All is one - CassWiki

I'm sill compelled to explain that I personally need some notion of oneness to tolerate people who are hopelessly endangered by the entropy of fascist individualism that stems from identity politics. I've come to depend on the idea that we're all cells of earth's 'human organ'. These 'individuals' need us to work on getting them to wrap their head around such an idea.

I have no choice but to share my waking life with them at work, on the commute, during public outings. This oneness helps me to cope with them. Is this 'human organ' idea really just wishful thinking? Or can it be the same as when Jordan says needing a god helps to make sense of life?

Back
Top Bottom