Julian Assange Discussion

Re: Soldier Betrayed by Online Informant with Wikileaks

Guardian said:
Laura said:
The problem is, without context, a lot of what is being released is not helping things.

Not yet anyway....then again, it's been less than a week, and rumor has it that Wikileaks is just getting warmed up. Perhaps not putting the data into any particular context was intentional? Maybe Wikileaks hopes that grassroots, human journalists will render the data for their readers and viewers... the "small people?"

Yes, the lack of context allows the New York Times, Der Spiegal and The Guardian to spin the mind of mankind. We know how the Zionist owned media spun the out of context Wikileaks. We don't have to rely on secret plans, not yet, rumors, and hopes to know what has happened. Read the New York Times, Der Spiegal, and The Guardian and observe for yourself the fruits of the Wikileaks operation. We can read and observe the entire operation and find it unnecessary to rely on wishful thinking. We have seen these operations since the Vietnam War. It is using the truth to serve lies.

go2 said:
Yes, the lack of context allows the New York Times, Der Spiegal and The Guardian to spin the mind of mankind.

Yes, they are allowed to do that, and others are not.... this is definitely a "roll your own context" sorta situation :lol:

And then, there is Protocol 12...

Laura said:

Have been following this with interest.

yup, the amount of mainstream airtime this is getting, suggests that it is supposed to be getting that airtime. Otherwise, you can bet your bottom dollar this story would'a been buried. Reports that the leak is 'potentially dangerous' can be a way of bolstering it's street cred, in a plausibly deniable way.

A bit like, in the UK a year or so back, the declassification of the 'UFO Files' by the ministry of defense - it didn't tell us anything, except to reinforce a particular public concensus that the PTB wanted reinforced, whilst making it look like the opposite. Pure Protocol 12 (though in that case not very subtly done).

Did all the main US papers carry the Sott Pentagon Strike, loudly proclaiming that it was 'potentially dangerous'? Of course not! Instead it was hinted at in a sideways way countered with suggestive statements, that completely avoided a direct citation, and therefore gave no new data or 'potentially dangerous' leads for a curious reader to follow.

So that just leaves us the job of figuring out why, which I think Chris Floyd covers reasonably well, here. It reinforces a point of view with specific limits, that serves the agenda well, corralling people into pre-fabricated lines of reasoning that lead to predetermined conclusions. By citing compelling evidence, whilst cherry picking data to a specific tune. Unfortunately it's a subtle thing, and also very seductive, for those without the necessary data.

It may seem like it is useful, but it is creating a reasoning 'dead end' for those who go down it, heading them off at the pass, so to speak, by omitting certain context / perspective that alters the interpretation of the data - this can be very powerful, it can cause a permanent 'corrective interpretation' of further data. Actually, it may possibly be useful, in a certain limited sense, by re-iterating information, giving it a wider audience, that will cause some (new?) people to question further (though it leaves them with some large leaps to overcome). I think that this usefulness (and it is limited) is not intended, but is an accidental result of the characteristic psychopathic shortsightedness, the lack of understanding that he who 'doth protest too loud' actually draws critical attention, and that whenever the PTB pull a manouevre, it always seems to lead to more data on how they behave, and a 'learning opportunity'. Possibly...

In any case it has the hallmark of being directed from on high (including shades of 'Secret Team' style compartmentalisation of data, and Protocols style media portrayal), which suggests we should 'handle with care'. Well that's how I see it at the moment, unfortunately.

Looks to me like the PRB are doing a pretty good job downplaying the release of tons of classified data that does them great damage at an international level....not to mention using the element of fear to try an prevent further leaks.

Sure didn't take the government shills long to get internet forums just like this one doing their dirty work for them. Look at the title of this thread....classic disinfo. Manning was betrayed by (his own mouth) and Lamo...who has NOTHING to do with Wikileaks. Lamo donated $50.00 through paypal and now he's "with Wikileaks?" :rolleyes:

How fortunate that what questionable third parties say about Julian and Wikileaks will have no effect whatsoever on what Wikileaks does :D

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/07/31/wikileaks-volunteer.html

Wikileaks volunteer detained

Rob Beschizza at 4:33 PM Saturday, Jul 31, 2010

A volunteer for Wikileaks was detained by officials Thursday while entering the country at Newark International Airport.

Jacob Appelbaum, noted for his work with the Tor online security project, was searched and "interrogated" for three hours before being released, according to a source who asked to remain anonymous.

Wikileaks, a clearing house for information submitted by whistleblowers, released a trove of "War Logs" last Sunday relating to the conflict in Afghanistan. Appelbaum delivered a keynote speech at the recent HOPE conference in Wikileaks chief Julian Assange's place, and gave an interview to Boing Boing about the content of the logs.

According to the source, Appelbaum was stopped by customs officials and spoken to for at least three hours by a team that included a U.S. Army investigator. Army Pvt. Bradley Manning was named last week as a possible Wikileaks source in relation to the classified logs.

Appelbaum's interviewers demanded that he decrypt his laptop and other computer equipment, the source said. After his refusal to do so, they confiscated it, including three cellphones. The laptop was returned, apparently because it contained no storage drive that investigators could examine. He was also asked about his role in Wikileaks and informed that he was under surveillance.

The FBI also asked to speak to Appelbaum earlier today in Las Vegas after his talk at the annual DEFCON hacker conference. Mr. Appelbaum, the source said, had an attorney present who declined the request on his behalf.

Appelbaum, reached Saturday afternoon, said he was unable to comment.

Update: CNET also has a story up, with more details of the detainment:

Appelbaum, a U.S. citizen, was taken into a room, frisked, and his bag was searched. Receipts from his bag were photocopied, and his laptop was inspected, the sources said. Officials from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the U.S. Army then told him he was not under arrest but was being detained, the sources said. The officials asked questions about Wikileaks, asked for his opinions about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and asked where Wikileaks founder Julian Assange could be found, but Appelbaum declined to comment without a lawyer present, according to the sources. Appelbaum was not permitted to make a phone call, the sources said.

_http://not4attribution.blogspot.com/2010/08/hackers-first-net-campaign-his-mums.html

Hacker’s first net campaign – his mum’s Great Bikini March
By JASON LEWIS
Leak master: Julian Assange, the editor of the WikiLeaks website

He is the secretive computer hacker behind the leak on to the internet of thousands of intelligence documents relating to the Afghan war.
Julian Assange, the editor of the WikiLeaks website, has shrouded his private life in mystery, claiming a rootless existence on the run, first from an unpleasant stepfather and then from the police.
But new details about Mr Assange provide a fresh insight into his activities and show how his radical agenda was inherited from his mother.

Despite claiming to have no political or financial motivation, Mr Assange – who was last week believed to be staying with a journalist friend in London – spent years discussing plans to use leaks of confidential material to undermine Western governments, and even compared then-Foreign Secretary Jack Straw to Hitler.

The Mail on Sunday tracked down Mr Assange’s mother Christine in the beach resort of Mentone, near Melbourne, where she runs a puppet theatre and children’s face-painting business.
She initially denied that Julian Assange was her son, but later admitted she feared what the US Government would do to him.
She said last night: ‘Of course I’m worried to hear that the US Government have now asked the FBI to investigate.
‘What mother wouldn’t fear for her son against the US authorities? I am very concerned. I don’t trust the FBI.
‘My son is a good person who is doing good for others. He wants people to know the truth. People have a right to know what is going on, especially if a war is being fought in their name. The people who have committed atrocities should be the ones called to account, not my son.
‘He’s a hero to some people, a villain to others. Which one do you think I believe?’

Before launching WikiLeaks in 2006, Mr Assange had a successful career writing computer programs.
He also helped his mother’s disastrous attempt to launch a so-called ‘bikini’ protest against Islamic radicals in Australia in 2006.
In interviews at the time, Mrs Assange said that bikinis were an essential part of Australian culture, adding: ‘We’re not going to cover up to avoid rape.’
But the Great Australian Bikini March was cancelled after it was hijacked by neo-Nazi groups.
Friends say she rarely mentions her son, but her name is on the list of acknowledgements for a 1997 book he helped research, Underground: Tales Of Hacking, Madness And Obsession On The Electronic Frontier, which detailed his early life as a computer hacker.

The book was published after his arrest and conviction in 1991 for 30 hacking offences, including obtaining access to information and erasing and altering data using a technique known as ‘phreaking’ – tapping into pre-internet computer systems using the phone network.
In 2006, Mr Assange, calling himself ‘Proff’, posted a blog to set out the philosophy behind WikiLeaks.
He wrote: ‘To radically shift regime behaviour, we must think clearly and boldly.
‘We must think beyond those who have gone before us and discover technological changes that embolden us with ways to act in which our forebears could not.’

No cover-up: But Christine Assange's bikini march had to be cancelled
At the time, he was working from the University of Melbourne, although it is unclear what his role was. Last week, ironically, the university said it could not discuss Mr Assange because of data protection laws.
Elsewhere on his blog, Mr Assange compared Jack Straw to ‘the Fuhrer’, talked about engaging in ‘Pentagon poker’ and said that leaks could change the world.
He wrote: ‘The more secretive or unjust an organisation is, the more leaks induce fear and paranoia in its leadership and planning coterie.

‘Hence, in a world where leaking is easy, secretive or unjust systems are . . . nonlinearly hit relative to open, just systems. Since unjust systems, by their nature, induce opponents, and in many places barely have the upper hand, mass leaking leaves them exquisitely vulnerable to those who seek to replace them with more open forms of governance.’
WikiLeaks is also facing questions about where all its money goes, with critics likening him to a ‘snake-oil salesman’. Some donors have refused to help without seeing full details of the website’s accounts.
Mr Assange brags that WikiLeaks, which he launched in 2006, has no official headquarters and no offices. However, the site says it is now based in Sweden. The country’s freedom of expression laws and neutral political stance protect it from US-based law enforcement agencies.

Last year, WikiLeaks said it needed £450,000 to operate effectively. But in his secret blog, now removed from the internet, its editor discussed raising money and moving it offshore.
Mr Assange, who claims to be unpaid, wrote: ‘There is a foundation (herein called “the Institute”) which holds some of my copyrights and which I have used from time to time as a front, gently concealing my freedom from the social covenant.
'There are activities that the Institute should engage in that require substantial cash reserves.
‘Normally NGOs [non-governmental organisations] beg, but I’m no good at that sort of thing, so the Institute has created an offshore startup company (thing2thing.com) to fund it.’
The blog also reveals that Mr Assange had a baby daughter in 2006 and a son, Daniel, from a relationship in his teens. A recent genetics graduate from Melbourne University, Daniel works for a software company.

Assange's deleted blog is available here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20070903025028/http://iq.org/

Since it's going to be all over the net by tomorrow anyway ....read about the real Julian here:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http:///www.iq.org

If US Black-ops uses his kid to get to Julian....maybe we can find a nice quote for his tombstone in his old blog?

Laura said:

Yeah, I'd been thinking of this, too.

Since the MSM is controlled, basically, by Zionists, it does make one stop and wonder.

The Zionists don't care whether they bring down the US government, sometimes I think they do this to get the US government back in line with their agenda.

So Zionist controlled opposition to the Zionist plan (or psychopathic plan) is just par for the course, or so I think. Only time will tell. Maybe a lot of time....

Nienna Eluch said:
Only time will tell. Maybe a lot of time....

Very true, but I'm finding that there's a LOT to be learned in the meantime by how people react when someone (or group) actually tries to do something to stop the slaughter of innocent people.

I'm disappointed...but VERY grateful for the education.

Guardian said:
Very true, but I'm finding that there's a LOT to be learned in the meantime by how people react when someone (or group) actually tries to do something to stop the slaughter of innocent people.

I'm disappointed...but VERY grateful for the education.

I'm still waiting with caution. One thing that this reminds me of is the Alien Autopsy Video. I am convinced, to this day, that this was an authentic video for all the reasons I've laid out here in the forum. But, when it was released, the entire UFO / alien research community went on the attack declaring it to be a fraud because it did not meet their expectations. It was as though the truth was released but all the Greek chorus was released at the same time to drown it out.

On the other hand, I also know how the PTB dealt with the Pentagon Strike and our pretty definitive taking apart of the disinfo defense that was published on abovetopsecret. There's something in the forum here where it is pointed out that ATS is right now being attacked by some guy for copyright infringement. The article is on Wired with a big "ad" for ATS. All of this is designed to suggest that ATS are the good guys being attacked by this nutcase and a prominent link is displayed to send people over there. As Nomad pointed out, when the Pentagon Strike video singlehandedly re-awakened the issue of the flight 77 vis a vis the Pentagon, a whole damage control machine went into operation as is outlined in Joe's Flying Fish article:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/124500-Evidence-That-a-Frozen-Fish-Didn-t-Impact-the-Pentagon-on-9-11-and-Neither-Did-a-Boeing-757
(keep in mind we had to serve this single article from a site in Russia for over a year to keep them from taking our site down!)

where we wrote:

Frozen Fish article said:
We notice that very few items of so-called "conspiracy theory" have rattled the "Bushes" quite like our Pentagon Strike Flash did. The Pentagon Strike video came out on August 23rd 2004. Probably nobody really noticed it at that point, but it hit a chord of response in the hearts of millions of people around the world. They began to madly download and forward it to their friends and relatives. Latest stats on how many people have viewed it to date are 500 million!

Apparently it even landed in the email box of the Editor of the Washington Post, which is why Carol Morello sent us an email asking for an interview. Or so she said. My suspicion was that the Post was instructed to do "damage control", albeit oh, so gently!

Now, look at this mini-timeline:

August 23rd 2004: Pentagon Strike Video which propagates wildly for a month.

September 11, 2004: CatHerder post to Above Top Secret forum.

September 21st 2004: First contact by Carol Morello of the Washington Post

October 7th 2004:
Washington Post article

It was an interesting feeling to know that if they hadn't seen the Pentagon Strike before, certainly George and Dick, Karl and the gang were watching it after the Washington Post wrote an article about it.

October 19th 2004: George Bush visits New Port Richey - a previously unscheduled "whistle-stop" on his campaign trail. NPR is very small, not likely to be a major target of any presidential candidate, but it just happens to be Laura Knight-Jadczyk's hometown. It was our initial reaction that Dubya's visit to Laura's little home town - certainly of no importance on the campaign trail - was deliberately done to send a message to her. Fact is, her daughter's ex-boyfriend wrote to tell her that he had been among those selected to shake the hand of George W. himself! Now, how's that for a coincidence?

As to exactly what Carol Morello of the Washington Post wrote to Laura, here is the pertinent passage which is actually quite revealing:

Carol Morello said:
A couple of editors here saw the video/film, and I was asked to find out what I could about it. As you can imagine, we continue to have an intense interest on the attack on the Pentagon and the people who were affected.

I've just begun reporting, so it would be premature to tell you what "perspective" my story would have.

My initial impressions are that the questions and theories expressed in the video got a spurt of attention in early 2002, after the publication of a best selling book in France, then the furor died down for a while, and now they have re-emerged with the extraordinarily wide dissemination of this video on the Internet.

The 911 Commission report appears to have done little to dampen the controversy. I hoped to speak to you about how and why you posted it on your web site, what kind of response you've received and what you think about it. [?]

Notice that she attributes the resurgence of interest in the "Pentagate" problem to the Pentagon Strike video. Can we say "damage control"?

And if there is damage control, then that means there is damage.

Up to this point in time, the only acknowledgment the administration ever gave to such issues was to refer vaguely and dismissively to "conspiracy theories". Now, suddenly, it seems that dealing with the "conspiracy theories" in a direct manner was seen to be imperative. "9/11: Debunking the Myths" came out in Popular Mechanics Magazine in March of 2005, just five months after the Washington Post article. That's pretty fast work.

Under the tutelage of Editor in Chief Jim "Oh look, a tank!" Meigs, Popular Mechanics assembled a team of researchers, including "professional fact checkers" (impressive eh?) to debunk the 16 most common claims made by conspiracy theorists about 9/11. Unsurprisingly, the PM editors claim that, in the end:

Popular Mechanics said:
"we were able to debunk each of these assertions with hard evidence and a healthy dose of common sense. We learned that a few theories are based on something as innocent as a reporting error on that chaotic day. Others are the byproducts of cynical imaginations that aim to inject suspicion and animosity into public debate."

In fact, a careful analysis of the article shows that at most, just three of the sixteen claims could have been the result of "reporting error", forcing us to assume that, in the razor-like, emotionally unclouded cerebrum of Jim Meigs, at least 13 of the conspiracy claims about 9/11 are the result of "cynical imaginations aiming to inject suspicion and animosity into public debate".

The sad fact is that, while Popular Mechanics claims to be interested in understanding what really happened that day, their rebuttal of sixteen of the most common claims by so-called "conspiracy theorists" about 9/11 isn't worth the $3.57 of server space that it has so far cost them to publish it. {...}

Far from approaching the matter with an open mind (which is crucial in any attempt to find the truth), it is clear that Popular Mechanics' "professional fact checkers" began with the premise that the US government was not lying about the main events of 9/11, despite all of the evidence to the contrary. From there, the objectivity and integrity of their research went sharply downhill as they busied themselves with hunting down the very same sources that provided the official story to confirm that the official story was in fact correct. Apparently, in "debunkerland", it is completely reasonable to ask U.S. government representatives to testify that the U.S. government is squeaky clean and then present that evidence as "fact". It is also kosher, we assume, to have a murder suspect double as a credible court's witness in a murder trial. {...}

So if you happen to stop by the sorry article in question, don't be fooled or intimidated by the word "science" in big bold letters on the Popular Mechanics page. In Europe, McDonald's drink cups have the words "I'm loving it" emblazoned across them in various languages, regardless of what you put in them. Credit by association or juxtaposition is one of the oldest tricks in the book of mass mind programming. Just because "they" say it, doesn't make it so. This simple, logical statement is a salient lesson for us all in these heady days where disinformation masquerades as truth and even "innocent" fun-loving "boys with toys" have become obedient workers in the lie factory. {...}

According to another 9/11 researcher:

"The editors of Scientific American followed in the footsteps of Popular Mechanics in exploiting a trusted brand in order to protect the perpetrators of the mass murder of 9/11/01. The column by Michael Shermer in the June, 2005 issue of Scientific American, titled Fahrenheit 2777, is an attempt to deceive the magazine's readers into dismissing the overwhelming evidence that 9/11 was an inside job without ever looking at that evidence. More specifically, Shermer attempts to inoculate readers against looking at the decidedly scientific refutation of the official story. [?]

Shermer's column exhibits many of the same propaganda techniques as the ambitious feature article in the March issue of Popular Mechanics by Benjamin Chertoff, for which Shermer professes admiration:

'The single best debunking of this conspiratorial codswallop is in the March issue of Popular Mechanics, which provides an exhaustive point-by-point analysis of the most prevalent claims.'

Comparing the two attack pieces is instructive. Both pieces mention a similar range of issues, with Shermer adding Jewish conspiracy rumors and UFOlogists to the mix...

This last is undoubtedly a direct reference to Signs of The Times, while avoiding giving a direct link to our website out of fear that the reader might be influenced.

Shermer uses an array of deceptive methods to persuade the reader that challenges to the official story of the 9/11 attack are worthy only of ridicule and should not be scrutinized. His primary technique is to use hoaxes and unscientific ideas to "bracket" the valid ideas that he seeks to shield the reader from.

That Shermer went to such great lengths to thoroughly misrepresent the painstaking, scientific, evidence-based work of many researchers is a testament to the success of the Pentagon Strike Video! It really stepped on a sore toe. And that tells us something important, the same thing Carol Morello of the Washington Post wrote:

Morello said:
"the questions and theories expressed in the video got a spurt of attention in early 2002, after the publication of a best selling book in France, then the furor died down for a while, and now they have re-emerged with the extraordinarily wide dissemination of this video on the Internet."

We notice that never, in any of the two major "debunking" articles that followed fast on the heels of the Pentagon Strike video, was the video ever even mentioned by name, nor was our website mentioned. Other books, other researchers, other web sites were mentioned, but the deliberate avoidance of Signs of The Times - the origin of the Pentagon Strike, was conspicuous. We notice the same trend in the Above Top Secret forum.

Again we point out: debunkers are sent in only when damage control is needed. And damage control is only needed when it is thought that there might be damage. That means that the Pentagon Strike is understood clearly, in the minds of the perpetrators, to be the weak link in their chain of lies.

Debunkers are sent in not to give answers to the outstanding questions, but to push the emotional buttons of the public, to reassure people who really want "a reason to believe" that their government is not lying to them.

In other words, there are two ways to deal with the wide dissemination of truth. In the case of the alien autopsy, it was leaked deliberately, given a lot of play and attention, with the intent to debunk it and to smear a whole lot of ideas and people. It also caused a lot of disagreement in the UFO research community.

The other method is: something is getting too much play and has to be handled. We see that with the Pentagon Strike video and how they managed it. Watching them do all that debunking of "conspiracy theories" and NOT mention the Pentagon Strike was actually comical. Everybody was watching it, over and over. Despite the fact that a number of supposedly alternative news sites put it up and then took it down when they realized there was a link to sott at the end... and then, the ones that actually went into the code and edited that out so they could keep it going... It was a REAL education in how these things work.

So, here we are with Julian Assange and his Wikileaks "bombshell." Which is it? A deliberate leak of the truth to be debunked? It certainly has elements of that playing out. Or is it truth getting out of control and has to be smashed? Well, if that's what they want to do, they are NOT following their usual protocol which is to act as if the players do not exist. In fact, they are making them SOOOO important and reporting such scary things happening to them. Reminds me of Alex Jones getting interrogated at the Canadian border and how widely that was propagated when, in fact, he only got questioned for a short time BECAUSE he was daring them to do it and acting like a jerk.

Having been the victim of wide and vicious smearing myself, I don't automatically assume that what people are saying about Assange is true. I know that you can survive doing certain things if you have certain protections in place. I can't even talk about what mine are because they wouldn't be protections if I did. So, we have to recognize that there could be some element of that in play here also.

What I would like to see is someone downloading those documents and going through them.

Keep in mind that this could very well be just the Zionist media using Assange to do what was part of their agenda all along: destroy the U.S. If you read Protocol 12, that is, in fact, exactly what the plan is all about. The entire document should be read in its entirety: http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/przion4.htm

Laura said:
So, here we are with Julian Assange and his Wikileaks "bombshell." Which is it? A deliberate leak of the truth to be debunked? It certainly has elements of that playing out. Or is it truth getting out of control and has to be smashed? Well, if that's what they want to do, they are NOT following their usual protocol which is to act as if the players do not exist. In fact, they are making them SOOOO important and reporting such scary things happening to them.

There is one other possibility indicated by Julian Assange's NDTV interview. The credibility of US military intelligence leaks inform that the ISI is directly implicated in attacks on India may serve the objectives of Mossad in its campaign to foment war between Pakistan and India, thereby solving Israel's problem with Islamic nuclear weapons. The ex-chief of the ISI, Hamid Gul has been quoted as saying, "It takes a few minutes to redirect our nuclear armed missiles from Mumbai to Tel Aviv." The Israeli objective of dominating Southwest Asia necessarily requires Mossad neutralize nuclear adversaries. Intelligence agencies are expert at provoking others to destroy enemies with leaks and false flags. The appearance of Julian Assange on NDTV days after the leaks suggests that war between Pakistan and India may be the ultimate objective of the leaks. As always, there may be multiple objectives, compartmentalized to maintain plausable deniability. The universe and its levels of understanding and motive make this a fascinating story. Laura, thank you for the link to Protocol 12. World events and the actors on the stage were often set in motion long ago. The truth is narrow and a mile deep, not a mile wide and an inch deep.

James Corbett interviews John Young of Crptome. The interview examines the principles of secrecy and leakage in the management of information flow. He talks about the standard techniques of information control and promotion of an authoritative source as key to manipulation of public opinion The current controversy around Wikileaks is a standard promotion technique used to establish an information authority. Julian Assange could be Rupert Murdoch of the internet. Leakage used to be called “a scoop.” I guess there is nothing new under the sun, except the technology.

http://www.corbettreport.com/mp3/2010-04-13%20John%20Young.mp3

John Young was contacted by Wikileaks developers in 2007 and Young published the email correspondence after concluding Wikileaks had nefarious motive and method.
The full correspondence can be found on the following link. I copied the concluding emails, as the link is a long read.

http://cryptome.org/wikileaks/wikileaks-leak.htm said:
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 07:21:34 -0800
To:

[This is a restricted internal development mailinglist for w-i-k-i-l-e-a-k-s-.-o-r-g.
Please do not mention that word directly in these discussions; refer instead to 'WL'.
This list is housed at riseup.net, an activist collective in Seattle with an established lawyer
and plenty of backbone.]

Addendum:

The CIA would be the most likely $5M funder. Soros is suspected
of being a conduit for black money to dissident groups racketeering
for such payola.

Now it may be that that is the intention of WL because its behavior
so far fits the pattern.

If fleecing the CIA is the purpose, I urge setting a much higher
funding goal, in the $100M range and up. The US intel agencies
are awash in funds they cannot spend fast enough to keep the
Congressional spigot wide open. Academics, dissidents, companies,
spy contractors, other nation's spy agencies, whole countries, are
falling over themselves to tap into this bountiful flood. But competition
is fierce, and accusations of deception are raging even as the
fleecers work in concert.

Chinese dissidents -- a brand name among many -- are already
reaping huge benefits from covert funding from the US and from
the PRC, along with others in the former Soviets, in Africa and
South America, inside the US, UK and Europe, in the Middle East
and the Koreas, who know how to double-cross ditzy-rich Dads
and Moms.

In solidarity to -flick- em all.

[This message was not distributed by the closed wikileaks list.]

To: Wikileaks <wikileaks[a t]wikileaks.org>
Subject: Re: [WL] Funding / who is on this list.
Date: Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 11:47:00 -0500

Cryptome is publishing the contents of this list, and how I was induced to
serve as US person for registration.

Wikileaks is a fraud:

[This is a restricted internal development mailinglist for w-i-k-i-l-e-a-k-s-.-o-r-g.
Please do not mention that word directly in these discussions; refer instead to 'WL'.
This list is housed at riseup.net, an activist collective in Seattle with an established lawyer
and plenty of backbone.]

-flick- your cute hustle and disinformation campaign against legitimate
dissent. Same old -shite-, working for the enemy.

Subject: Re: [WL] Funding / who is on this list.
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 12:36:29 -0500
To: John Young <-------------
Heh.

John, please do not do that. If you're wondering about the WL, the
list has grown and there were enough accidental wl mentions [e.g in
the somali document and a cc] that not mentioning it became of little
additional obscurity especially since you're receiving the mail. No
one has bothered to change the warning which after all doesn't really
hurt.

Even if you think we are CIA stooges, you can't treat everyone on the
list that way.

Edit: I see the programming edited the profanity. Thanks, I wondered what to do about it.

Another possibility is that Assange is totally innocent and the "leaked documents" were deliberately dummied up. That particular strategy is described in "The Secret Team" by Prouty. He even says that some of the Pentagon Papers were red herrings.

Yep, that was certainly one scenario I was considering. I can't remember the term, but the concept exists in network security where you provide the thief with information that looks accurate on the surface only to have them invest time into trying to use the data, which in actuality, patently false.

Intentional misdirections would occur in corporate or government network espionage, where you let another country's hackers walk away with misleading information (for example, how a country will be bidding on wheat supply agreements).

It is also used in cell and radio intercepts where the issuer makes minimal effort to encrypt their transmission and plants misinformation in the stream.

One thing I know, I have not been able to add any validity to any of my hypotheses recently, even though WL and Assange have been plastered across MSM and the Internet. Nothing has been revealed that is substantial enough to make a decision one way or another.

Gonzo

Back
Top Bottom