Laura's Stem Cells

Laura said:
You might be interested to know that they also checked for the MTHFR gene variant: negative.

I've been curious about that -- I'm glad they thought to check for it, and thanks for letting us know what the result was. At least that's one less thing you need to worry about.

Great to hear that all went well despite the pain and that you were so well looked and able to have close ones by your side. What you have had to go through on an ongoing basis reminded me of Hercules and his 12 labours. Your efforts are truly herculean.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and much rest. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

I know one has to ask before sending someone Reiki, so I would just like to ask if you would like Reiki to be sent to you. :hug:

This is Great News, and an amazing journey.
All the best, with a speedy recovery :flowers:

For me it was very reassuring to witness that Laura got treated so thoroughly and with so much care by an adorable team of experts. The clinic has a very nice "homey" atmosphere unlike your average clinic or hospital. The team of experts from various fields were very professional and they were all very good and easy going cool people.

I was also relieved that they managed to do not only the stem cells, but also the PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) which went along with the stem cells and hyaluronic acid in the knees. Everything else was a huge plus too.

Odyssey said:
It sounds heaps better than the bargain basement crap in the US.

It is shocking to learn what the "First World" is missing in terms of proper and humane medical care like the one offered at this clinic in Belgrade. One of the Serbian docs related her shock as she admitted that the worst medical system stories she ever heard came from either the U.S. or the UK. Why are we not surprised...

I’m very glad to hear that you’re back safe and sound. Thank you for sharing the process, which did sound very uncomfortable to endure on top of everything, but I do hope that you see some good and speedy results from it. Sending {{{ hugs }}} !!! :flowers:

Shijing said:
Laura said:
You might be interested to know that they also checked for the MTHFR gene variant: negative.

I've been curious about that -- I'm glad they thought to check for it, and thanks for letting us know what the result was. At least that's one less thing you need to worry about.

Those guys and gals are THOROUGH. They explore EVERY avenue, discuss a case up one side and down the other. And in my case, what it comes down to is that my hyperinsulinism is pretty much at the root of everything. I think that is correct. Controlling and stabilizing the insulin is the main objective, while correcting some of the damage it has done in other respects.

It's really great to hear you are back and that they were so thorough and conscientious! I'm glad Ark was there too given how some of the procedures sounding extremely painful.
Knowing what the cause is (and what things aren't a problem) must be a relief in of itself. Hopefully, all of this will be able to help others with serious health conditions.
Wishing you a speedy recovery :flowers:

Hello Laura and welcome back. Let's hope your health takes a turn for the better now.

By a curious coincidence, I have just spent a couple of days travelling the 174Km to Bowral for consultations and pre-op procedures with my wife for her knees. (She already had two joint replacements) One of her new joints is playing up so it was being assessed. Upshot was that she has to lose weight before they will operate. Unfortunately stem cells wouldn't be a good option as her knee joints will never be able to be regenerated.

I saw your post on facebook about the dramas you went through, I bet you are so glad to be home and convalescing.
Thinking of you, take care.

Laura said:
And in my case, what it comes down to is that my hyperinsulinism is pretty much at the root of everything. I think that is correct. Controlling and stabilizing the insulin is the main objective, while correcting some of the damage it has done in other respects.

Good -- as Redfox says, figuring out the cause is half the battle. I believe you've mentioned that your hyperinsulinism is genetic, which if I understand correctly means that you experience insulin resistance very easily due to endogenous insulin overproduction. I hope this information helps some of your other family members as well, and that the stem cell therapy gives you a good reset -- we want you in good shape to enjoy the show that's currently unfolding!

wishing you a speedy recovery Laura :flowers: hopefully now you can get up to full speed.

I was mentioning to one of the skype groups about just how much you have accomplished even with all your health conditions, just imagine what you could do when you become 100%, an exciting thought!! :bacon:

Laura said:
I'm back. Treatment completed.
[..] Yes, I'm tired and sore and recovering. Being plugged into IVs every day for that length of time (and blowing out multiple veins which is normal) is very stressful. They know it and try very hard to ameliorate it, but some things just have to be done and endured. [..]

Wish you best recovery!!!

Reading your description of the treatment made me dizzy, nauseous and feeling the hurt and pain.

Back
Top Bottom