Libya Revolution

Back to the Lybian Revolution like the title of the thread says.

It seems that Kaddafi wants to hold his ground with a few determined partisans. The battle that will likely take place there will unfortunatly be bloddy it seems.

Than after Lybia, what's next ? Saudi Arabia ? That could deal a major blow to US and Israeli strategy in the Middle East and make the oil prices skyrocket worldwide.

Arbitrium Liberum,

It's OK. It's better that we don't hijack this Libya Revolution thread anymore but I still do not understand why are you ashamed for being on the same forum together with me.

Omega said:
That could deal a major blow to US and Israeli strategy in the Middle East ....
Say what!?
It is very likely US and Israel are orchestrating these "revolutions" all over middle East for some nefarious purposes which are still obscure, but most likely will involve supplanting of unpredictable tyrants with 100% reliable puppets.

Robert Fisk with the first dispatch from Tripoli - a city in the shadow of death :
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/225004-Robert-Fisk-with-the-first-dispatch-from-Tripoli-a-city-in-the-shadow-of-death

un chien anadolu said:
Arbitrium Liberum,

It's OK. It's better that we don't hijack this Libya Revolution thread anymore but I still do not understand why are you ashamed for being on the same forum together with me.

I'm not really ashamed to be on the same forum with you. In a fact I'm very glad that we are on the same forum, because you have wrote that post of yours and wake up some of my programs (seems that it is needed sometimes in order to see them better ;) ). I am hoping that you understand that was written in "emotional state" and really from the "lower centers".

If you are offended, please take my sincere apologies.

You are right, maybe we shouldn't ruin this thread more that we have so far :whistle:

Omega said:
Than after Lybia, what's next ? Saudi Arabia ? That could deal a major blow to US and Israeli strategy in the Middle East and make the oil prices skyrocket worldwide.
Yes but remember that the USA and Israel are not at the top of the command chain either, they are subjected to higher powers who have other plans also for them.

I think you both got off on the wrong foot here.

Un Chien A. Your question to arbitrium was a bit presumptious. He wrote:

I'm folowing this page on the facebook

_facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_113214335421096

Members are Serbs in Libya and talking where they are, how are they, whats situation, will they be evacuated etc. Also saying that situation is not so dark and bloody as on TV, don't believe them too much.

And then you replied:

Are you sure about this ? Because as far as I know also there are many Serbs in Libya working for Gaddafi as mercenaries and mostly as snipers etc. Do you know each person in that facebook group personally so that you can assume this information source is more reliable than western media ?

What were you asking him if he was sure about? He didn't sound sure to me. He didn't make any assertions about the truth or otherwise of what was being said on that FB group, he just said he was following it and that that is what they were saying.

There are Serbs trapped in Libya, no doubt. It is also likely that, if gaddafi has put out a call for mercenaries, there are Serb mercenaries in Libya, along with mercenaries from dozens of other countries, especially African, but also American, British, French etc.

The fact of the matter is that there is no way to know that the people on the FB group are who they say they are. Given how widespread FB use is these days, there's a good chance however that some of them ARE normal people. There could also be some who are part of some kind of disinfo program aligned with gaddafi.

Arbitrium, you clearly had a nationalistic button pushed, and over-reacted.I didn't see anything in what Un Chien A said to you that could be construed as attacking your national identity or insulting you, he was just being presumptuous.

Back on topic: Former UK Ambassador to Uzbekistan Craig Murray posted this recently

Berlusconi’s Cut

A very senior diplomatic source told me yesterday that Berlusconi is frantic lest Gadaffi falls and the channels are revealed by which Berlusconi gets a cut on the huge amounts of Libyan oil and gas lifted to Italy. Just at the moment that would be too much even for Berlusconi to survive.

This morning I see the Italian foreign minister is warning 300.000 Libyan refugees will fly to Europe if Gadaffi falls – as though there will be none if he stays. I have checked with other diplomatic sources, and they confirm that Italy is using the refugee warning to argue that Europe should back Gadaffi, and not impose sanctions. That point is not coming over in the mainstream media.

Perceval said:
Back on topic: Former UK Ambassador to Uzbekistan Craig Murray posted this recently

Berlusconi’s Cut

A very senior diplomatic source told me yesterday that Berlusconi is frantic lest Gadaffi falls and the channels are revealed by which Berlusconi gets a cut on the huge amounts of Libyan oil and gas lifted to Italy. Just at the moment that would be too much even for Berlusconi to survive.

This morning I see the Italian foreign minister is warning 300.000 Libyan refugees will fly to Europe if Gadaffi falls – as though there will be none if he stays. I have checked with other diplomatic sources, and they confirm that Italy is using the refugee warning to argue that Europe should back Gadaffi, and not impose sanctions. That point is not coming over in the mainstream media.

That is intriguing! There was an odd twist at a certain point, when the media here in Italy reported that the government refused the EU aids for the 'expected' refugees. Day two the government replied that it wasn't true, they did ask for an aid but the EU refused! Then the EU said that Italy wanted monetary aids before the alleged arrival of thousands of refugees... and so on back and forth for a couple of days. Just bizarre.

Over the last Gadaffi visit in Italy, the government gifted the Rais with a dozen or so boats, and many other juicy things... that was for the gas and the possibility of running business in Lybia. Not to mention that Gadaffi and his son do own stock options all around here, big companies, big money.

Yeah, I agree, it was also bizarre when Berlusconi was claiming there is NO violence in Lybia. Now it all makes sense.

FWIW here is a statistic showing oil and natural gas supply sources for Europe. Though I thought Libya was higher on the list it still shows the importance of sustaining the existing status quo with Libya for Europe.

http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/statistics_explained/index.php?title=File:Main_origin_of_primary_energy_imports,_EU-27_%28%25_of_extra_EU-27_imports%29.png&filetimestamp=20101022072021

It's interesting to see how all of this "democratic politicians" of the world, now despise Gadaffi.
after they equipped him and other dictators with weapons and financial/humanly support and smiled next to him/them.

and naturally they didn't know that they are dictators who torture and murder their people.
it's all a big mistake, otherwise they would have stopped it, of course. :rotfl:

:barf:

Pashalis said:
NATO starts to attack libya ?

Yep:

France fires on Libyan military vehicle
_http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7480617.html

A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.

French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.

Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.

Back
Top Bottom