"Life Without Bread"

Here is another related video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9HFZT5x9Xc&feature=player_embedded

Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride shares damning evidence regarding statin medication and the reason why cholesterol is so essential for the health of the body.

She says that we are going to see a rise in Parkinson's disease thanks to the low fat policy and the rise in prescription of lowering cholesterol drugs (statins) . People start losing their memories with statins because the brain gets hungry for cholesterol in order to maintain its basic functions.

Learning disabilities in children are directly related to lower cholesterol levels.

People with lower cholesterol levels have shorter lives.

She stressed on how cholesterol is a vital part of every cell membrane and why it is important for our physiology.

Gimpy said:
Psyche said:
There is a section of the book devoted to muscular spasms. They recommend L-carnitine supplementation during the first few weeks if there is muscular cramping. As the body adjusts to the high protein diet, it will be able to derive all the L-carnitine from the meat.

L-carnitine is the amino acid that helps carry fat into the mitochondria, where it will be used as an energy source.

The new supplements I've been taking have L-carnitine in them, I'm going to go through the book today (Life without Bread) and see if adding more will help, though I'm wondering if its a matter of the pathways needing to heal? Does that make sense?

Absolutely, they say that L-carnitine is only needed for a week or so, after that, you'll get all you need from the meat. Mouton, lamb and beef are specially rich in L-carnitine.

The other amazing thing to read was how mainstream organizations delierately stressed the mineral and vitamin content of fruits and veggies, whereas they tend to ignore meats and eggs, which turns out to be a complete source of all vitamins and minerals (except for vitamin C, which is still present in some animals).

Gimpy said:
Its frustrating to me sometimes that so much information is scattered hither and yon, but that is just part of learning, osit. ;)

We're going to have to take care of that ;)

I also increased my potassium supplementation just in case.

Pashalis said:
I found this funny short video "Big Fat Lies" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8WA5wcaHp4&feature=related

it fits to the new "Connecting the Dots video"(http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=22955.msg249782#msg249782):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kulpPMhaq5o

maybe something to put on "TheSOTTReport" on youtube ?

That video is great! It also includes quotes from the one I posted earlier

The analysis in the book of the main studies that promoted the "cholesterol is bad for you" are also amazing and very easy to understand. If anything, if they would have looked objectively, they would had found that it was the carbs!

Psyche said:
Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride shares damning evidence regarding statin medication and the reason why cholesterol is so essential for the health of the body.
She stressed on how cholesterol is a vital part of every cell membrane and why it is important for our physiology.

Very interesting and helpfull Psyche, thank you. My family members should see this video immediately, maybe they stop to terrorize me with the cholesterol
issue (this is their golden calf), they think I stay with one leg in the grave, cause of my fat consume, and my refusal to eat the sooo healthy low fat products.

Thanks again (Also for the other video´s about live without bread).

Edit: clarity !

Psyche said:
Gimpy said:
Psyche said:
There is a section of the book devoted to muscular spasms. They recommend L-carnitine supplementation during the first few weeks if there is muscular cramping. As the body adjusts to the high protein diet, it will be able to derive all the L-carnitine from the meat.

L-carnitine is the amino acid that helps carry fat into the mitochondria, where it will be used as an energy source.

We're going to have to take care of that ;)

I also increased my potassium supplementation just in case.
I think I tried to cut back on carbs too quickly because last week I woke up with a charlie horse in my leg. Fortunately I keep some of these Hylands leg cramp pills (_http://www.hylandslegcramps.com/information) close by and they helped. I was surprised as I was still using a banana every day in a smoothie - but apparently that is not enough. Will get some L-Carnitine ASAP!

Thanks for the video links, perhaps I may post some to my FB page!! It just floors me that so many of my friends and family members are still taking statins. I worry about them but they have been so brainwashed by the medical community, I am not sure what it will take to change this perception and I have learned to go slowly!!

Just a thought,would it be ok to use D-ribose(negative glycemic index)to balance the carbs intake closest to 72gr a day,at least during the adjustment phase?

Don Diego said:
Just a thought,would it be ok to use D-ribose(negative glycemic index)to balance the carbs intake closest to 72gr a day,at least during the adjustment phase?

I wouldn't think so. Glycemic index is not the same thing as total carbohydrate, it's only measuring rises in insulin. You can pile on as much d-ribose as you like, it's not going to decrease the amount of carbs you ate.

aleana said:
I think I tried to cut back on carbs too quickly because last week I woke up with a charlie horse in my leg.

That sounds familiar. A few weeks ago I did the anti-candida diet, so I was pretty low on carbs. I had a few days where I would wake up from a charlie horse in my leg. A good remedy I found was to flex the muscle in whatever direction opposite of the one it was in when the pain started. This would usually end the progression of pain to the crazy point where you can't stand it.

dugdeep said:
Don Diego said:

I wouldn't think so. Glycemic index is not the same thing as total carbohydrate, it's only measuring rises in insulin. You can pile on as much d-ribose as you like, it's not going to decrease the amount of carbs you ate.
Of course,not to decrease the amount of carbs intake!but to decrease sugar metabolism in favour of fat metabolism for a while

Don Diego said:
dugdeep said:
Don Diego said:

Of course,not to decrease the amount of carbs intake!but to decrease sugar metabolism in favour of fat metabolism for a while

Well, not having read "Life Without Bread" yet, I can't say for sure, but I would assume that 72g of carbs is 72g of carbs. The glycemic index (GI) of those 72g hasn't really been mentioned, so I'm assuming it doesn't matter - even if you're eating extremely low glycemic carbs, or lowering that GI with d-ribose, if you go over the 72g you're going to break out of ketosis (again, I haven't read the book, so I don't know how set-in-stone that number is, particularly whether it's the same for everyone). Eating d-ribose won't stop you from metabolizing existing sugar, it's only going to lower the rate at which insulin is released. All the sugar you eat is still going to be metabolized. So again, you can pile as much d-ribose on as you like, if you eat over that 72g you're going to break out of ketosis and switch back into sugar metabolism.

All d-ribose is doing is lowering the GI, the amount your insulin is raised. Both fiber and fat will do the same thing. If you're concerned about transitioning, I'd say just take it slow in lowering your carbohydrate consumption. Don't try to employ tricks with other substances. Take your time in getting down to 72g and don't worry about transition phases.

Hope that helps.

Dugdeep is right, Don Diego. The idea is to reduce carbs of ALL sorts. Just because d-ribose has a negative gylcemic index doesn't mean it is not a carb. It is a sugar that goes directly into your cells where the whole sugar metabolism process proceeds as normal from that point. That's what you want to stop.

Psalehesost said:
RedFox said:
Psalehesost said:
When eating few carbs for long, I found my weight indeed goes down and stays down, and I'm already (chronically) somewhat underweight. Many months I've had little in the way of veggies except buckwheat, potatoes, quinoa, and most of the time no fruit at all (sometimes small amounts). I usually go by a kind of feel, trying to go past and ignore the inner noise of cravings that may appear, and sense without desire what the body 'wants', what would suit it at that moment. Recently this spring, this has led to suddenly upping the amount of both complex and simple carbs in having both more fruit and more buckwheat, and feeling quite well - weight back to a more 'normal' (for me) 50kg also.

You might want to make sure you're liver is working well (milk thistle/dandelion root etc), take ox bile to help the digestion of fat/protien, and look up l-carnatine (for cellular fat metabolism - along with Coq10 and d-ribose in low doses....google chronic fatigue).
My body reacts in the same way as yours, but I've had to cut the carbs (especially the simple ones) out due to them causing some real problems with fatigue.....which led me to explore the HPA axis (I seem to have adrenal fatigue) and chronic fatigue/metabolic cellular imbalances.....both with some quite positive effects on energy and weight it seems.
fwiw taking magnesium (orally or as transdermal oil) would cause cramps after a few days....until I started taking a multi mineral (seems the cramps may be from lack of calcium), and the coq10/l-carnitine/d-ribose. One interesting side effect is my body seems to be detoxing like crazy now....

A difference I guess would be that fatigue is not constant for me but comes and goes, nowadays sometimes there for an hour or two solid a day as well as in much shorter periods that quickly come and go. The simple carbs also didn't worsen it, and those days having some fruit and fruit juice along with a lot of buckwheat I consistently had a little bit more energy than usual (and no long lacks of energy), and feel relatively well afterwards now too (cutting back again for now - the guidance by "feel" agrees with this, too) with a little bit less energy (though have also begun another cycle of heavy metal detox).

For me, magnesium supplements when I had them had no noticeable effect at all. The same goes for all manner of supplements tried. The heavy metal detox stuff is the only thing (apart from things that contained things my body reacted to) that has any noticeable effect of any supplements tried thus far.

Will have to look more into things mentioned that may make a difference. Also read the book when it arrives.

Now using milk thistle - remains to see the difference if such results. I've gone down to very few carbs (half a bread unit a day or so) since the last input, seeing how it goes now - there is one clear difference, appetite does not decrease as much as it did before, so more is had - compared to when I had a more extreme, short period of eating almost only meat and fat before. A longer-term issue that comes and goes is slight constipation - apart from that, no clear digestive issue seen.

What I've felt so far is that it seems at once like there is more clarity, a bit of decrease in fogginess, and more physical tiredness, though the mind remains active apart from during the short lethargic periods.

Going by "feel" as described regarding what to eat, there also seems to be a cyclical need for somewhat more carbs that comes and goes - so today, had accordingly a (smaller) buckwheat pancake.

More to look into... (and book to arrive in perhaps a week or so, so not read "Life Without Bread" yet)

I started the first pages of the book and is a light read so far.

My experience is also, when I eat too much carbohydrates my body goes a little bit crazy

Stranger said:
Legolas said:
And considering, that an apple (100gr has about 10-12gr. carbohydrates) I could eat about 6 apples a day. :P

Enjoy them. ;) Anyway it is useful to split those carb-meals up because otherwise the body gets to much at a time. (I assume)

In the german book you can find lists of almost all foods and how much carbohydrates it contains. I wonder if it is the same in the english one?

The same list can be found in the English one.

stranger said:
Some tipps for the adjusting phase: Eat both breakfast and dinner no-carb so you are in ketosis from evening to morning, since at night most "normal" people are in ketosis, too. As Lutz points out, they loose more than 400 grams precious tissue (!) every night because the body is depleted of glucosis (can't store it) and has to use it's own tissue to survive. Crazy thing! He said this is the reason for bad tissue quality (connective tissue weakness), because every day it has to be build up again. Someday the body gets a little bit tired of it. :D

I get problems (similar to what is mentioned above), when I eat in the morning carbs, for example just an orange or an apple.

I continue to read the book as I find time and adjust my diet accordingly, also when in the last months I switched already more and more to meat.

Gimpy said:
I did not mean to endorse the Adkins diet, it was offered as a reference for suggesting potassium supplementation for muscle cramping. :-[

Sorry Gimpy, because I quoted your post I might have led you to think that that was how I understood it, but it wasn't. Atkins was on my mind already because a few people who know that I do a high fat and meat diet had asked me whether that was Atkins, because I didn't have a clue of what Atkins was really about, your post reminded me to ask here whether it was worth checking it out.

Psalehesost said:
Going by "feel" as described regarding what to eat, there also seems to be a cyclical need for somewhat more carbs that comes and goes - so today, had accordingly a (smaller) buckwheat pancake.

I have been eating low carb for a couple of months now, for some reason I felt that eating carbs tended to make me want more and more and not get satisfied, while meat and fat tended to feel more satisfying, more filling, and kept me going for longer. Now I'm starting to understand more clearly why.

I have cut down even more on carbs when I started the Candida diet 2 months ago, having only low carb vegetables as my main source of carbs for most days. I think that I might actually need to up the carb dose a little since it seems non existent at the moment.
Nevertheless, and about that cyclical need for carbs, I noticed that initially I did feel a greater need for carbs, but as time passed, the need lessened greatly. This might be happening while you are transitioning from sugar metabolism into Ketosis.

Posté par: Legolas

There is also kind of energy-food (power bars) available, which consists only out of beaf for example, which some years back I found rather strange, cause I thought energy can only be delivered via sugar.

I thought of that since reading the last session and this tread. I will make more beef or buffalo jerky to replace fruit for snack and raise the portion of meat and diminish the carbs in the morning. I will look for some recipe for power bars with beef and test them.

Thanks Psyche for all the video links and everyone who have read the book and share it info. I ordered Life without bread yesterday but your precious info permit me to start adjusting our diet immediately.

Back
Top Bottom