Lost wedding ring

Dowsing sounds like something to try, how should I do this and what to do (never done anything like it)?

I was doing dowsing the following way: (I'm not sure it's a very academic way of doing it but it's how my grandfather taught me)

* Attach a white string to a ring (!)
* hold the string in your right hand and put the ring just above the inside of your left wrist (you have to twist your left arm a little bit)
* adjust the length of the string in order to maximize the pendulum movement (the ring should follow a back and forth movement following the blood stream). You might have to wait a few minutes before the pendulum starts moving. It usually starts moving when your mind is quite.
* here you don't have to set "yes" and "no" since you will enquire on map.
* so you put your pendulum above each part of the map, you look at the location under the pendulum, ask mentally "where is my ring", anticipate nothing, don't move your hand.
* when you are above your ring location (on the map), the pendulum should start rotating.

Voilà!

I hope you will find your ring.

Aragorn

My late dad was losing his wedding ring several times. But most of that times he found it on wash basins. He worked with printing material and his hands were often dirty, so he usually removed his ring before washing hands. And then he usually phoned, first his boss “is my ring there?”, then his friends and associates that he was visiting that day and asking the same. It was something similar every time . . .

Maybe the way to think where to search for it, if you haven’t already . . .

Thanks, I was just wondering about the nuts and bolts of dowsing. I'll immediately bombard you with some questions since I'm new at this :lol:

Belibaste said:
Dowsing sounds like something to try, how should I do this and what to do (never done anything like it)?

I was doing dowsing the following way: (I'm not sure it's a very academic way of doing it but it's how my grandfather taught me)

* Attach a white string to a ring (!)
Does the string have to be white-is that important? Any ring of any material will do then?
* hold the string in your right hand and put the ring just above the inside of your left wrist (you have to twist your left arm a little bit)
You hold the left hand/wrist with the palm of your hand upwards? What does 'inside' mean?
* adjust the length of the string in order to maximize the pendulum movement (the ring should follow a back and forth movement following the blood stream). You might have to wait a few minutes before the pendulum starts moving. It usually starts moving when your mind is quite.
You mean the pendulum movement should move lengthwise-along the veins?
* here you don't have to set "yes" and "no" since you will enquire on map.
I was thinking drawing "boxes" of different locations (work, home, car). I guess I could put a calendar with dates also to find out what day it "parted" from it's usual surroundings?
* so you put your pendulum above each part of the map, you look at the location under the pendulum, ask mentally "where is my ring", anticipate nothing, don't move your hand.
* when you are above your ring location (on the map), the pendulum should start rotating.
Okay, so it's supposed to rotate above this "location box" on the paper? Would another possibility be to have a circle with these "location boxes" with pairs on opposite sides; then the pendulum would start to move back and forth along the right axis? Or is the rotation the key here? Just guessing here... :)

I'm actually quite excited to try this dowsing, since I remember a "ghost from the past" when I was a kid: My late grandmothers brother had the habit of dowsing. The few times I actually met him I remember him dowsing to find out if he ought to drink coffee today or not. I was very young and my memories of this are vague, but I have been told that he did dowsing with almost everything. I've had this "tingling" feeling of checking out more about this guy for many years now. Maybe he is trying to send me a message and this whole disappearance of the ring is a part of the "scheme" to get me to try out dowsing....!!!! Holy Moses, as I wrote that last sentence I feel strange in my stomach...maybe I'm on to something!

I'll try this tomorrow after work, let's see what happens...

Hi Aragorn,

I too hope you'll find you ring! I've asked for you, too!

And interesting thing about your "ghost from the past".. good luck, but be ever vigilant! ;)

Wow Aragorn, that was an interesting thought about the ring going missing to get you to start dowsing. Maybe you could dowse and ask for the answer to that. :)

Belibaste's method is very interesting. I wish I could see a picture or diagram, as I don't think I fully understand it. It certainly is more complex than what I do, which could explain my haphazard success.

There are many people who believe you need to use very specific materials, whereas I've used anything laying around from which I could make a pendulum - anything small with sufficient weight to pull the string or fine chain taught. I have even used a necklace with a pendant before with some success. I currently have a copper chain with a small copper cone shaped pendant made specifically for dowsing. The chain is only about 6 inches long. I hold it between my thumb and forefinger.

But maybe the idea of using specific materials with specific length, etc., could yield a more powerful or dramatic effect. I hadn't really thought too much in that vain.

I start off by relaxing myself to quiet the mind and I say a prayer asking my higher self to answer the question provided it is in the universe's best interest. I then gently swing the pendulum left to right and say aloud "this signifies NO". I then gently swing the pendulum back and forth and say, "This signifies YES".

Then I start the actual process of asking my higher self the answers.

Your idea of making boxes representing different overall locations (work, house, etc.) is wise to help rough tune the general location first, then, after determining which building or rough location, you can concentrate on working over a map of the specific location next.

I really hope this helps you in your quest.
Regards,
Gonzo

Aragorn said:
Does the string have to be white-is that important?

I don't think the colour matters.

Aragorn said:
Any ring of any material will do then?

Yes any small item dense enough and easy to attach the string to (nut, ring, etc.)

Aragorn said:
You hold the left hand/wrist with the palm of your hand upwards?

Exactly.

Aragorn said:
What does 'inside' mean?

Well that's a bad literal translation from French to describe the side of your arm that is against your body :-[

Aragorn said:
You mean the pendulum movement should move lengthwise-along the veins?

Yes exactly and then you try to find the string's length that maximizes the amplitude of this lengthwise alternative movement.

Aragorn said:
I was thinking drawing "boxes" of different locations (work, home, car). I guess I could put a calendar with dates also to find out what day it "parted" from it's usual surroundings?

It sounds like a good approach.

Aragorn said:
Okay, so it's supposed to rotate above this "location box" on the paper? Would another possibility be to have a circle with these "location boxes" with pairs on opposite sides; then the pendulum would start to move back and forth along the right axis? Or is the rotation the key here? Just guessing here... :)

From what I've learnt the rotation is the key. Clockwise and counterclockwise are the two possible rotations. To test the rotation you write "yes" on a piece of paper and "no" on another one then you can see which kind of rotation goes with which kind of answer.

I'm actually quite excited to try this dowsing, since I remember a "ghost from the past" when I was a kid: My late grandmothers brother had the habit of dowsing. The few times I actually met him I remember him dowsing to find out if he ought to drink coffee today or not. I was very young and my memories of this are vague, but I have been told that he did dowsing with almost everything. I've had this "tingling" feeling of checking out more about this guy for many years now. Maybe he is trying to send me a message and this whole disappearance of the ring is a part of the "scheme" to get me to try out dowsing....!!!! Holy Moses, as I wrote that last sentence I feel strange in my stomach...maybe I'm on to something!

Actually my grandfather was using dowsing for virtually everything.

As a child I was very septic about his technic so I was testing him.

I was saying "ok Grand Pa, go out of this room I'm going to hide something". So he was leaving the room and I was checking he was not spying behind the door, then I was hiding a coin, a ball, a sock, whatever I found in the room. Actually each time he found the item though he only proposed one location.

I was pissed with him so I tried to trick him by hiding nothing but then he would say: "I don't find anything".

Maybe he had a trick but I never found it.

Okay, since my wife is sick we are having a quite New Years eve at home. Which gave me the opportunity to just a whileago try dowsing.

It didn't work at all. I used my wife's wedding ring(!) attached to a cotton string. I used boxes as I described earlier. Now the problem was that nothing was happening; the ring didn't do any other movement than those small twitches that came from my arm getting tired. I think I was still in my mind and didn't anticipate anything. The only way I got it to do any distinctive movement was when I thought of some pattern/direction. So I guess I did it wrong somehow, or that I don't have this capability in me. The only movement I spotted(which wasn't self induced) was a very minor "twist"/"twining"(sorry don't know the proper word here) of the string/ring.

Now I did look up the transcripts for what they say about dowsing. Found these interesting:
Session 950102:
A: Part of discovery process, test dowsing skill on known entities in
order to refine process.
Q: (L) Well, either dowsing works or it doesn't, wouldn't you say?
Test it on known...
A: Depends upon skill of dowser as in all psychic talents.
Q: (L) Well, the clue I am getting from that is that I may not be the
one to do the dowsing, is that correct?
A: If you take one piano lesson and fail to produce Chopin, does that
mean you should give up the piano?
Session 941107:
Q: (L) Is T.C. Lethbridge's theory about dowsing correct?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Is it possible to dowse things in other dimensions by
lengthening the string?
Q: (L) Is it possible by using this technique to dowse winning lottery
numbers?
A: Difficult; intentions must be pure.
Q: (L) It is very difficult to have pure intentions about money, isn't it?
Q: (L) But if, theoretically, one did have pure intentions, would they
be able to dowse numbers...
A: Tall order. Yes.

So I guess I shouldn't give up after trying it one time. Anyone know more about this Lethbridge guy?

[quote author=C's]
Part of discovery process, test dowsing skill on known entities in
order to refine process.[/quote]

Aragorn, I think the idea here is similar to self-observation. Dowsing in this way seems to work thru tiny, unconscious muscular actions. If you try it the same exact way, each time, on a known item, and just observe what happens, if anything, you'll get a clue whether this is going to work for you, and more importantly, how it works for you. You may even have to experiment until you see a pattern in the responses from a statistically significant point of view.

I don't think there is a standard reference on this subject. You will have to experiment...put effort into it. Remember G's 'paying in advance?" Sometimes the energy cost may seem unreasonable for what you get back, but that's a prejudice of the false personality.

Make it an adventure of learning!

I think Lethbridge was discussed in "The Secret History" somewhere, so you could try to look for the index if you have it. I'd look myself but it happens that my copy is lost somewhere...

I think Buddy said some good things to keep in mind, don't lose hope Aragorn!

Hi Aragorn,

A point I left out because I thought it was just that I wasn't a "natural" was that after I didn't get an immediate success, I would train the process. First I would intentionally swing the pendulum gently in one direction, perhaps left to right and say, "This is YES" and then swing it back and forth and say "This is NO" and make it go in a circle and say, "This is MAYBE". I would do this for quite a while. I think it help forge pathways in my mind and in the muscle reaction.

Then, after doing that for a while, I would move to a known entity, perhaps a tomato and intentionally swing it left and right (my yes response) after asking, "Is this a tomato?" This helped quite a lot. I should have told you not to expect results but I honestly thought that it was just me not being psychic enough and assumed most people here probably were (yet another program I just discovered, thanks).

I don't know if it would make a difference for you but I also would go through a process akin to meditation, where I would intend to forge a connection with my higher self and ask for assistance if it was for the higher good.

When things didn't work, aside from assuming I wasn't "psychic enough", I figured it was because it wasn't in the higher good.

Another thought I just had was to pray just before bed to have the location revealed to you in a dream that night and ask that you remember your dream. Just another thought.

I really hope some of this helps.

Regards,
Gonzo

I used once dowsing rods in order to search some lost documents. To my surprise it worked! I have a pendulum as well, but I used the rods for practical purposes, they were available at that time and were easier to handle.

dowsing_rods.gif

Aragorn said:
Okay, since my wife is sick we are having a quite New Years eve at home. Which gave me the opportunity to just a whileago try dowsing.

It didn't work at all. I used my wife's wedding ring(!) attached to a cotton string. I used boxes as I described earlier. Now the problem was that nothing was happening; the ring didn't do any other movement than those small twitches that came from my arm getting tired. I think I was still in my mind and didn't anticipate anything. The only way I got it to do any distinctive movement was when I thought of some pattern/direction. So I guess I did it wrong somehow, or that I don't have this capability in me. The only movement I spotted(which wasn't self induced) was a very minor "twist"/"twining"(sorry don't know the proper word here) of the string/ring.

When I first started I used a ring also but found it too light to get good movement. Maybe you could try something a bit heavier like a nut or sinker. I use a gemstone attached to a metal chain. I left it out in the sun for a day to energize it, held it under running water to cleanse it, kept it on me for a week just to get in tune with it, haha... It can be frustrating but learning to play the piano is difficult also! I don't know if any of the above works BTW, that's just what I tried.

It took me a few months to get movement that was consistent, so I wouldn't give up on your first try. I started with little exercises just to get consistent with Yes and No movements. This took about 4 to 6 weeks if I remember correctly.

I hope you find your ring soon.

Hi Aragorn

If you didn't get any movement, it could be that the string was not the right length. I don't have my copy of Secret History here with me, but from memory, the "scale" of string is 22 inches, and if I remember correctly, gold has a specific length.

So maybe if you get another object made of gold, and hold the pendulum over it, and adjust the length by one inch at a time, starting at 22 inches and working down, you might find the correct length for "gold".

Hope that wasn't confusing.

Good luck; I hope you find it.

Thank you all for your advice!

I realize that I was trying to have a "free lunch" with this dowsing thing. Almost without any knowledge base I supposed that my first try on this would give results! Having read your posts and about Lethbridge in 'Secret History' and on the net I realize that this, as any other thing must be practised and "tuned in". So, I'm scheduling my next try with dowsing after I done some serious reading.

But right now I have to hold those plans, as my wife is very sick for the moment :(

I apologize if I made it seem simple and leading you on that way. I just assumed other people wouldn't run into the trouble I did as I felt my problems were based on blockages and having to overcome my skeptic's mind, which may be true. I have to now figure out why I assume only I had issues like that.

You know what they say about assuming - it makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Perhaps there's something to look at in your partner's illness - something about focussing on the "real" partnership (your wife) instead of the symbol (the ring) of the partnership.

I honestly hope she recovers soon and that this illness isn't too serious.

Regards,
Gonzo

Back
Top Bottom