Magnetite, spinning and meridians

Another exercise is to examine the remnants of what can be seen in the first 33 seconds of closing your eyes at bed time. It will appear to be just black but there is something there. Look for it. It will only last for half a minute.

pdouspensky said:
Another exercise is to examine the remnants of what can be seen in the first 33 seconds of closing your eyes at bed time.
And why 33 and not 34? Or 43?

ark said:
My working hypothesis is that after a while you will get bored with spinning and you will try something else :)
After more than an month, i am sill dreaming more than before the spinning. As a matter of fact, after doing it more than a month, i guess i can say that it is a bit boring but i knew that it could happen. But i know too if i want to really test it and see the possible results that i have to do it for a longer period. My working hypothesis is that it is like anything else that we learn. Exciting in the beginning, boring or less exciting after a certain time and the real work or the real learning start after that.

By the way, Ark, have you ever try it? And if yes, what are your conclusions?

Thanks

I have done the spinning many times, and so far, I am left
with trying to hold the contents of my stomach in. It takes
me a while before that effect wears off. Maybe the lesson
for me perhaps is to fast first before spinning unless you
want to clean up the mess afterwards? :/ Just joking!

fwiw, 2 results of spinning i noticed are: when it's cold and i spin, it warms me up (like in any other physical activity). when i spin it's like being a child and it changes my mood in feeling "lighter", like "letting go", it is fun doing it (but this one might not apply to all as some of you report feeling dizzy and/or nauseous)

I've been spinning for a few weeks now, 3 x 33 clockwise, arms stretched out to each side parallel to the floor, palms downwards, head and eyes straight ahead, finishing as recommended by BOTD. I tried spinning anti-clockwise but felt so disturbed I gave that up pretty quickly :) Clockwise is natural and easy for me. It took me three or four days to build up to three sessions of 33 revolutions, the sessions spread more or less equally through the day.

I have noticed improved mental function; an increased ability to receive and understand data. I became very strongly aware of what I think of as 'the sleep of the flesh'. Two internal parts that are fighting; one part that wants to wake up, the other wants to sleep all the time.

Ark said:
My working hypothesis is that after a while you will get bored with spinning and you will try something else :)
This has some relevance. It's taken from The Way of Qigong by Kenneth S. Cohen.

Most students pass through three tests in Standing Meditation [standing like a tree a.k.a. Zhan Zhuang]. First, there is the 'test of discomfort', where every joint and muscle seems to be out of place or doing something wrong. [...] The body is adapting to a greater charge of internal energy. [...] Test number two is called 'the test of fire'. [...]

The most difficult test, number three, is called 'the test of patient growth'. I once asked Master B. P. Chan if the ancient qigong and martial arts masters had superior abilities to those of the present. He said, 'In general, yes. But only because they were more patient.' It is at this point in one's training, when Standing feels ordinary, comfortable, and nothing special, that most students abandon the practice and look for a new form of 'entertainment'. But it is precisely at this stage that the most lasting benefits of Standing are cultivated. [...]
GreyCat said:
I will say this. It's more than just spinning. Alot need be in place before you spin. Spinning is sort of like putting the icing on the cake...
This sounds like GreyCat is trying to say he has access to some secret esoteric knowledge about spinning. Nothing needs to be in place, just start. GreyCat, what do you mean by, 'It's more than just spinning.'? What more? And precisely what is it that needs to be in place before you spin? I repeat - nothing needs to be in place, you can simply start. Actually, things need to be 'out of place' since you don't want to crash into the furniture when spinning :-)

GreyCat said:
Try to break the pattern of the intelect.
In my experience spinning has the opposite effect. Improved mental and intellectual capability; not coldly intellectual. As the Bringers of the Dawn say:

[Spinning] temendously accelerates the rate at which you can interpret and receive data.
Namaste said:
After more than an month, i am sill dreaming more than before the spinning.
Same here. Vivid and intense dreams almost every night.

Just a quick note. I have also heard that spinning to the Right will throw you more into a Left Brain type consciousness, and conversely spinning to the Left will then throw you more into a Right Brain type conciousness. The advantages of this, (if true), could help to balance those who are strongly inclined to be Scientist Types, or Artistic Types, so that they Interphase and Interpolate characteristics of both sides, thereby giving them a generally Wider Range of Consciousness than they previously had by nature.

NORDIC HEALER said:
I have also heard that spinning to the Right will throw you more into a Left Brain type consciousness, and conversely spinning to the Left will then throw you more into a Right Brain type conciousness.
That's very interesting and makes sense to me - I'm strongly the artistic type.

Can you give a link to your source for this information?

I've started this thread The Spinning Survey so we can find out how accurate this information is.

Back when i practiced qigong regularly because of kung fu , i used to have amazing stamina and energy. I could easily remain a day without food.
But spinning regularly did not affect my stamina, but looking back it seemed to increase my hability to retain information,but its hard to tell since i can't compute information retained in numbers to see if there was a increase or not.
Maybe the boredom of spinning is due to the normally fragmented human self?

mada85 said:
That's very interesting and makes sense to me-I'm strongly the artistic type. Can you give a link to your source for this information?
That was a response to what I had to say about spinning in certain directions to throw you into more left or right brain consciousness. (see post of 2/24/07). This is something I have just heard over the years but cannot give any specific sources for my information. Sorry.

In one of my mediative thoughts, this came about:

A thought reminded me: Leedskalin had an airline seat, attached to the ceiling, and he sat in
this chair while spinning and meditating.

Thinking about this, I asked some questions:

1. Which direction did he spin? Clockwise or Counter Clockwise?
2. Is location important? Does one need to be at a magnetic lie intersection?
3. Where was the 'focus' of this spinning? Naturally the center of gravity is important otherwise
centripetal force may cause parts of the body to be thrown apart. Since he is sitting, the arm and
legs are "outside" the center of the spin, would it be more comfortable to be suspended vertically
and inside a cylinder or a suspended "cocoon" so as to constrain the entire body closer to the center
of the spin? I am thinking of instead of a chair, use suspension so as to keep the entire body close
to the vertical as possible so that one is very comfortable and without any pressure points? Think of
yourself as of being completely inside a vortex, vertically, and spinning.
4. What is the optimal spin rate? The same as your heart (1 RPS)? The spin of the Earth (7.33 RPS)?
The key here, I think, is resonance. Should a very accurate speed control motor be used so that it is
remotely and digitally controlled from a remote control device accessible to the person spinning or
should it be preset, ie rate, number of maximum revolutions or a timer? Should we limit to 33 revs
at spaced intervals or can this be open?
5. What should be the state of mind? Should meditation require pure thoughts, no thoughts at all,
or should it be focused on "something" and what should it be?

I am thinking about doing this because I frequently mediate in a lazyboy chair, flat on my back,
and stationary with a towel over my eyes only, blocking out all light. I am naturally deaf so that
sounds do not confuse or my discombobulates my thought center. I do this quite often and find
myself lucid, very relaxed, and all tensions are removed from me. I find this does help me to
relieve anxiety or tension when absorbing a lot of knowledge.

I am reminded of the conversation with the C's in discussions of Leedskalin and wonder if the C's
left hints for us to pursue this? I am in the thinking that this might help me in discovering the 'I' in
me? Is this an STS "wishful thinking" pattern when I seek nothing at all other than to discover the
'I' in me in the hope to achieve STO pure thoughts. Since we are thinking of fusing the magnetic
centers in ourselves, is this what we are trying to accomplish and is this another way of doing the
same but without exerting physical work that might otherwise unbalance our thought center?

Comments anyone?

Back
Top Bottom