Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 - Missing Plane

I got same results on Serbian network. No ringing if the cell phone is turned off or battery removed. Automatic female voice is activated.

Here in Brazil if the Cell phone is turned off or the battery is removed, there is no ringing. Instead there is an automated voice saying that its impossible to complete the phonecall.

I'm from Canada and I tried this as well. I turned my cellphone off and then called from my landline - it went straight to my voicemail. Then I tried it with the flight mode on, it went straight to voicemail once again. The third time, I took the battery out and it went to voicemail. No ringing all three times.

Persej said:
I got same results on Serbian network. No ringing if the cell phone is turned off or battery removed. Automatic female voice is activated.

The same here for my Dutch network. (My mobile is about 7 or 8 years old.) No ring tone when the mobile was switched off and with an empty battery.

Added: In both cases the call was redirected to voice mail. After I could hear the ringback tone a couple of times it stopped ringing and a voice said the call was being redirected.

Here in Spain with my mobile off when I call with my earth phone there is a registered voice that ask to leave a message.

What is sure is that the phones in the airplane are not in the profundity of water, aren't it? Complicated to put our mobile devices in water, I know.

This story is incredible!

edgitarra said:
I found this letter on the net, apparently it was received by the Vietnamese, from witnesses of a possible crash:
843248398.jpg

Thanks, the main massage is, that a worker from a oil rig ("Songa Mercur" off Vung Tau) saw a "burning (plane) until the flames went out". See attached map. Red filled dot are the coordinates given from Pierre (Point 2) and red not filled circle where about the Oilrig should be.

Iron said:
Here in Brazil if the Cell phone is turned off or the battery is removed, there is no ringing. Instead there is an automated voice saying that its impossible to complete the phonecall.

Fwiw, when I was in Air-flight-Modus it rang and it did also happen at a time recently that I switched it on in the morning before unlocking the sim that it rang too (not the phone itself, but the earpiece), but I was unsure at that time and so I put back and thought that I did type wrongly my number cause it rang in the earpiece. When I switched it off entirely it gets redirected to a speaker. Another test: I did try it again with Air-flight-Modus and I got redirected to a speaker and no ringing in the earpiece. So there is a possibility that it can ring when it is switched off?!

Attachments

• oilrig.png
    oilrig.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 277
Well the news feed I was following continued earlier in the day to affirm that the plane was detected west over the Strait of Malacca:

07:00 am: Malaysian Authorities believe plane turned around, flew for miles before vanishing

The Malaysian military believes an airliner missing for almost four days with 239 people on board flew for more than an hour after vanishing from air traffic control screens, changing course and travelling west over the Strait of Malacca, a senior military source said. Malaysian authorities have previously said flight MH370 disappeared about an hour after it took off from Kuala Lumpur for the Chinese capital Beijing. At the time it was roughly midway between Malaysia's east coast town of Kota Bharu and the southern tip of Vietnam, flying at 35,000 ft (10,670 metres). "It changed course after Kota Bharu and took a lower altitude. It made it into the Malacca Strait," the military official, who has been briefed on investigations, told Reuters.

So in the above quote, they talk about some unnamed "military official". Do they mean Rodzali Daud or someone else?

Then later in the day, they retracted their earlier story, at least as far as Air Chief Daud was concerned:

8:20 am: Malaysian air chief denies saying that jet was spotted over Malacca straits

The Royal Malaysian Air Force has issued a statement saying that reports attributing a quote to an official about the missing Malaysia Airlines jet heading for the Malacca strait was not correct. "I wish to state that I did not make any such statements," air force chief Rodzali Daud said in a statement on Wednesday.

That is always a read flag that some sort of information manipulation is going on when stories come so contradictory like that as we have seen in the past. Why did the news agencies THINK he said military radar saw it over Malacca straits near Pulau Perak, if now he says he never said that?

However, later news reports show that Malacca strait is included in the search area anyways! Curious!

3:10 pm: Malaysia says 12 nations now part of search operations for missing jet

The Malaysian government is holding a press conference and says that as it stands military radar data indicates that Flight MH370 may have turned back from its original course. However, minister Hishammudin Hussein said that it remains a possibility and they aren't certain of this presently. Rescue efforts are currently focussed on the South China Sea and Malacca Strait, he said. The flight last showed at 2.15am on military radar, the minister said. All the transponder signals were switched off. 12 countries, 42 ships, 39 aircraft have joined the search operations presently.

So apparently, Malacca Strait is still considered a possibility, regardless of what Daud said, or didn't say. And notice that this time, they refer to military radar detecting the craft as late as 2:15 a.m, when before it was stated to be 2.40 a.m. Yet it does not say where the military radar detected the plane to be at that time.

Also the search is extending into the Andaman Sea North of Malacca Strait as shown below:

2.33 pm: Malaysia asks for India's help to search near Andaman Sea

Malaysia has asked for India's assistance in searching for the missing Boeing 777 jetliner to widen the search to an area near the Andaman Sea, an Indian official said Wednesday.

The changing reports is getting just frustrating. Maybe on purpose.

news feed source was: www.firstpost.com/world/live-malaysia-asks-india-to-help-search-for-missing-jet-off-andaman-1424627.html?utm_source=ref_article

I once had to trace a missing person. I was told by the security
Services that if the phone was powered up with enough battery charge
then the phone's location could be traced using the microwave
towers and technology that the public don't know about yet.

They were successful in tracking down the person - in India

I used to work as a tech support for a mobile phone company in 2005. Even with our small customer care tools, we were able to see from which antenna the client's phone was last seen . It was very easy to track friends, relatives, everyone. A colleague even realized that his wife was cheating on him, using our tools... I was impressed, and I was wondering at that time what kind of tools the police might have to locate suspects. So, if the phones are still ringing and they're saying that they can't locate them, even approximatively, they probably lie.

I did the phone test using Verizon as a network. The smartphone will go straight to voicemail without a ringing tone heard from the landline if the phone is off, battery or no battery. However, when in flight mode, the cell phone won't ring, but from the landline it will ring three times before going to voicemail. In its default mode, four rings are heard from the landline before going to voicemail. The speed of the ringing tones are the same. I don't know if this is similar for Asian networks, though.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/12/notice-anything-strange-about-the-photos-of-the-men-who-used-stolen-passports-on-the-missing-malaysian-plane/

Notice Anything Strange About the Photos of the Men Who Used Stolen Passports on the Missing Malaysian Plane?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/12/new-chinese-satellite-pictures-may-show-missing-malaysia-airlines-jet/

New Chinese Satellite Pictures May Show Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet

From the Aviation Herald.

Aviation Herald said:
Late Mar 12th 2014 China's State Administration of Science (SASTIND) reported, they discovered three large objects sized 13x18, 14x19 and 24x22 meters at position N6.7 E105.63 (121nm eastsoutheast of the last known secondary radar position), all three objects within a radius of 20km (11nm) and published the satellite images, taken on Mar 9th 2014 at 11:00 Beijing time (03:00Z), see below. SASTIND stated they are committed to provide further search services to locate flight MH-370.

malaysia_b772_9m-mro_gulf_of_thailand_140308_5.jpg

The search area and reported debris so far.

malaysia_b772_9m-mro_gulf_of_thailand_140308_map.jpg

Same with my phone here in New Zealand. One ring on the landline before my mobile starts ringing and only a two second pause before it goes to voicemail when my mobile is switched off or when flight mode is on.

Phones in the US don't ring if they're off. It's always straight to voicemail. This is generally how I tell when one of my friends has a dead battery. Granted, it could be different in Asia.

Back
Top Bottom