Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 Crashes in Ukraine

The contra arguments in today's SOTT article:

http://www.sott.net/article/299084-Countering-the-MH17-horse-hockey-Russian-investigators-say-weapon-used-was-most-likely-air-to-air-missile

Palinurus said:
The contra arguments in today's SOTT article:

http://www.sott.net/article/299084-Countering-the-MH17-horse-hockey-Russian-investigators-say-weapon-used-was-most-likely-air-to-air-missile

Actually, it is even more interesting than this. ;)
http://www.sott.net/article/299103-The-plot-thickens-Israeli-made-air-to-air-missile-may-have-downed-MH17-report

A simulation of the missile attack has proved that missiles with that type of guidance choose to attack a big passenger plane from the front hemisphere.

There are four air-to-air missiles that fit the description established by the experts, namely: French Magis-2, Israeli Shafrir, American AIM-9 and Israeli Python - all short-range.

The first three have been struck off the list for various reasons, including type of warhead or guidance system specifications. The Python deserved a closer look.

I think that's the first mention of any Israeli connection to the event in the Russian media. Coming so soon after the Iran deal, one wonders if that rebalancing of power in the Middle East signalled 'open season' on dishing Israel's dirt.

Thanks Keit, you beat me to it. ;)

@Niall:
Interesting supposed connection with the recent Iran deal. Wouldn't have thought of that myself right away. Thanks for mentioning that here.

On July 12th (five days ago) Graham Phillips also posted the following interview with witnesses of MH17 downing on his YouTube channel (with ENG subs):

https://youtu.be/qBIOAKpgT0c

The witnesses claim that MH17 was 100% shot down by the jet planes. fwiw

Niall said:
I think that's the first mention of any Israeli connection to the event in the Russian media. Coming so soon after the Iran deal, one wonders if that rebalancing of power in the Middle East signalled 'open season' on dishing Israel's dirt.

We also have this one.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/israeli-special-forces-assassinated-senior-syrian-official/5462779

Israeli Special Forces Assassinated Senior Syrian Official

While Israel has never spoken about its involvement, secret U.S. intelligence files confirm that Israeli special operations forces assassinated the general while he vacationed at his luxury villa on the Syrian coast.

Keit said:
Approaching Infinity said:
The first thing I thought when my roommate let us know the news was that the Ukrainians mistook this plane for a Russian plane and shot it down...

Now the article on Russian RT has more details (nothing on English RT yet). It says, that Interfax's source is someone in Rosaviation. They say that Putin's plane and Malaysia's one were intersecting in the same spot and on the the same echelon. It was near Warsaw on 330 m echelon and height 10100 m. Air force one was there at 16:21 Moscow time, and Malaysia plane at 15:44 Moscow time.

According to the source, the overall shape of the plane is similar, and the coloring from a far is also very similar or practically identical.

If so, another crazy idea, that these weren't Ukrainians, but someone else with inside knowledge and enough ability, and there was "a mistake in identity". And coincidentally, it was another Malaysian Airlines plane, which is indeed highly symbolic in itself! If they indeed "assassinated the wrong guy", then the universe is definitely sending a message.

With the above (bolded) statements in mind, there may be some truth to the claims in this article - even though it's coming from the Daily Mail Online?

First pictures emerge of Ukrainian pilot pro-Russian rebels claim downed MH17 killing all 298 victims on board
_http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2904460/First-pictures-emerge-Ukrainian-pilot-pro-Russian-rebels-believe-downed-MH17-killing-298-victims-board.html

The Russian Investigative Committee - equivalent of the FBI - is calling for Captain Vladislav Voloshin to take a lie-detector test and face formal questioning, asserting there is compelling evidence against him which should be considered by the Dutch-led official probe.

Believed to be in his late 20s, he was named by stems from a 'secret witness' at his Dnipropetrovsk air base who says the pilot took off in his Su-17 combat jet on 17 July last year armed with air-to-air missiles.

Scroll down for video

He returned without them soon after the Boeing 777 was blasted out of the sky, it is alleged.

After landing Voloshin was 'scared', muttering that the incoming 'aircraft' - supposedly MH17 - 'was in the wrong place at the wrong time', according to the unnamed Ukrainian serviceman, now under guard at a secret location in Russia.

The Investigative Committee, headed by Alexander Bastrykin, a former classmate of Vladimir Putin, insists that the witness has passed a polygraph test and his testimony is credible.

Volshin has not spoken directly on the loss of MH17 but denied through his superiors that he was responsible. Ukraine blames Russia for a crude propaganda stunt in naming him.

Since the horror, Moscow has repeatedly claimed that MH17 was shot down by a Ukrainian warplane in the skies close to the Malaysian plane, while also vigorously denying the West's analysis that it was hit by a BUK missile fired by pro-Moscow rebels.

'Let Voloshin take a lie-detector test with Dutch or Malaysian experts,' demanded Investigative Committee's spokesman Vladimir Markin.

'Representatives of the Russian Investigative Committee are ready to leave for Ukraine at short notice with all necessary equipment for testing pilot Voloshin and all others who might know anything about the crash.'

He demanded that the Ukrainian military should make a full disclosure of its flight logs on 17 July, the day MH17 was shot down, and allow Russia to interrogate its air traffic controllers.

Referring to Ukrainian secret services, he said: 'We're waiting for a response from the SBU.'

SBU official Markiyan Lubkivskyi insisted Voloshin was not engaged in combat flights on 17 July, the day MH17 was downed, and had not used weapons against aerial targets in the current conflict.

'The officer made no flights that day, and his aircraft was under repair because of damage inflicted during landing on 16 July,' he said, accusing Moscow of a bid to 'discredit' Ukraine.

Voloshin denied he had shot down MH17, and had no idea why the allegation was being taken seriously in Russia, he said.

The pilot has not spoken directly to the media over the incident.

Secretary of Ukraine's National Security and Defence Council, Oleksandr Turchynov, accused Moscow of using propaganda to 'hide the crimes organised by the Russian Federation, including against civilians' in relation to flight MH17.

He said: 'A great deal of evidence, including data from satellite observation, has proved that terrorist groups controlled by the Russian military shot down the passenger aircraft'.

They used 'a Russian BUK surface-to-air-missile system', he said.

But Moscow is now poised to give its 'whistleblower' sanctuary under its witness protection programme, so preventing him being prosecuted in Ukraine, it is understood.

'As the witness may be in danger, investigators are considering providing him with state protection,' said Markin.

He already has a pseudonym 'in the interests of his security'.

'The facts and information that the witness possessed and shared - clearly and without getting confused - convince the investigators that his testimony is truthful, something that, by the way, a polygraph test has confirmed,' said Markin.

He 'personally' saw Voloshin's warplane 'loaded with R-60 type air-to-air missiles, with which Su-25 fighters were not normally equipped'. His aircraft returned without these missiles.

Markin claimed the account supported other witnesses who testified that 'not long before the crash they saw a warplane in the air in close proximity to the passenger airliner.'

He said that 'the Investigative Committee will continue gathering and analysing all information about the disaster.

'If members of an international commission investigating the crash are indeed interested in finding out the truth and decide to request information from us, we are ready to share all available data.'

Six weeks after the MH17 crash, Voloshin's plane was shot down over eastern Ukraine. He ejected, and escaped from the rebel-held region.

He is a graduate of Kharkiv Air Force University.

Two days after the crash, he was among a number of airmen awarded the Order of Courage by Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko.

The crash killed all the 298 people on board the Boeing, which was en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.

Just read front page headline claiming "undeniable proof" that Russian backed rebels shot down the MH17. The news paper article featured large video stills of the claimed proof and even big black bold headings all over the front page and a double spread inside.

One of the articles online:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/never-before-seen-footage-reveals-russian-backed-rebels-arriving-at-the-wreckage-of-mh17/story-fnizu68q-1227444676268

I love these claims:

But, after a 12-month pursuit, News Corp Australia has obtained new footage shot by the rebels themselves on a camcorder as they captured what they initially believed to be a Ukrainian air force fighter jet they had just shot down using a ground-to-air missile system.

Right... how was it obtained, by who, to who? How is it determined which rebels? Shot down by them.. by what evidence?

Apparently the evidence is examined and presented here: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/the-moment-russian-backed-rebels-realise-their-momentous-mistake-after-shooting-down-flight-mh17/story-fnizu68q-1227444884741

All I've seen there are more claims, some footage that may or may not be of the MH17 but nothing concrete.

alkhemst said:
Apparently the evidence is examined and presented here: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/the-moment-russian-backed-rebels-realise-their-momentous-mistake-after-shooting-down-flight-mh17/story-fnizu68q-1227444884741

All I've seen there are more claims, some footage that may or may not be of the MH17 but nothing concrete.

Yeah, the video looks like it's from the MH17 crash site. But that has to be the most shoddiest piece of 'journalism' I've read in a long time. The video shows the militia finding the crash site, being surprised that it is a passenger jet (naturally - this is a war zone), stunned that it got clearance to fly in the area, looking through the bags, taking footage of IDs, cordoning the area from civilians. That's it. The video is highly edited, and at no point do any of them say something like, "Damn, we shot down a passenger jet."

Yeah, these new "reports" coming out (including that there's a lawsuit filed in Chicago against Igor Gurkin and Russia) seem to be, among other things, a way to distract from the new evidence being put out by the Russian side recently (including that an Israeli made air-to-air missile from an Israeli upgraded Russian jet was narrowed down as the most likely cause of the destruction of the cockpit).

SeekinTruth said:
Yeah, these new "reports" coming out (including that there's a lawsuit filed in Chicago against Igor Gurkin and Russia) seem to be, among other things, a way to distract from the new evidence being put out by the Russian side recently (including that an Israeli made air-to-air missile from an Israeli upgraded Russian jet was narrowed down as the most likely cause of the destruction of the cockpit).

Or maybe it's just a way to prepare the ground for the war ramp up allowing US to justify launching a direct war on Russia (i.e. not just through their mercenaries / proxy armies)? Seems that's the ultimate goal lately, or has been for a long time by the madmen behind the scenes - but I hope it turns around and the world comes to sanity.

Niall said:

I thought I'd read in one of the articles on SOTT that Russia and Israel have been becoming closer, which worried me. So I'm wondering how the information put out by Russia is going to affect that new relationship?

Just noticed this article up on sott:

http://www.sott.net/article/299134-One-year-later-no-new-evidence-suggests-MH17-shot-down-by-an-Su-25km

It is a great article, but I wondered if there is a typo in the title?

Should it be:

One year later: now new evidence suggests MH17 shot down by an Su-25km

Anam Cara said:

http://www.sott.net/article/299134-One-year-later-no-new-evidence-suggests-MH17-shot-down-by-an-Su-25km

Should it be:

Thought so at first, but then thought maybe Joe was being cheeky, as in, all the evidence was there from the beginning!

Approaching Infinity said:
Anam Cara said:

Should it be:

Thought so at first, but then thought maybe Joe was being cheeky, as in, all the evidence was there from the beginning!

Yeah, I was being sorta cheeky, but not everyone is as cheeky as me so I changed it. :halo:

Back
Top Bottom