Metaphysics of ritualism

On the casswiki article, it says "The Cassiopaeans have linked ritual to anticipation, restricting the creative potential of the universe by placing limits on what is accepted and seeking to command and control."

What is meant by "placing limits on what is accepted?" Could someone clarify this for me?

It's placing limits on things in life that you can accept. By engaging in this kind of thing you aren't interacting with the universe, you're trying to control it.

I have a friend who is into ceremonial magic and magical lore, etc. He says he's building his "Astral temple" and says some really profound and beautiful stuff. Really poetic and artistic this guy. More than doing these rituals to change his external reality, he does it to change himself and is looking to reach his higher self. He's not totally religious about it but just does it out of some kind of inner need to "beautify" his subjective realm. It's sort of inspiring actually and I kind of want to get into it. I think if he randomizes and breaks up elemwnts of the ritual it would be better.

You might want to read this post:
Pineal gland depicted by the "eye of Ra"?

This thread is also related to the subject i think:
Carl Jung's Secret Life: "The "Aryan Christ" - something rotten in Jungian psychology?

Isnt daily routine technically a ritual?
Daily routine probably means be prepared for the most likely while paying attention to variances to adapt your response/behaviour appropriately. Ritual has something to it like behaving in one strict way so that reality will finally catch up to match your intention. While this may even work under some circumstances it smells conceitful. If you want to change then you might consider something similar to a ritual but which requires discipline and effort, like this for example:
Body by Science / HIIT Experiment

If you just want to 'get' something or have an urge for some wisdom then you are hungry and as such your awareness is limited and you're more likely to become prey, especially in other realms.

Yes. There IS energetic backlash no matter what explanatory narrative you create.
This is a very interesting remark. Reminds me of "when you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you" (Nietzsche). One of the meanings is that some researches, even though theoretical only, can have harmful results. So, how do we know if we are able to bear the cost of studying a "dangerous topic" ?

I sometimes read books about spiritual warfare/intercession/intercessory prayers and also about the opposite side : withcraft and magick (spelled with a K to distinguish it from the sleight-of-hand magic) to see the bigger picture. I remember having read on Sott (i think on the french version of it but cannot find the article) that the annual number of exorcisms has been multiplied by more than 3 (15 to 50) in Ile de France (i live there) in the last few years and that witchcraft is widely practiced in this region. Personally, i do not like studying dark arts at all. Still, they are part of the world and necessary to expand comprehension. Reading about love magick can be funny, love spells having the reputation to be the most cast spells (if this is true and also that money spells come next, this makes me wonder what the main raison d'être of magick is). But topics such goetia, santeria, palo mayombe (type of voodoo) and their so very wicked practices, is heavy to me. For instance, i avoid taking looks at demonic sigils. I've reduced enquiries on it to focus on brighter topics. Good for me, no harm of any kind so far.

So, knowledge protects. To which extent can knowledge destroy ?

Gratefully

If my understanding of spirituality is correct suffering/backlash comes from two opposing directional friction. Example if your spirit yearn for light but you prefer to do dark things (we are only sto candidate after all) then suffering occur as a sign that you should choose side. (yes inner peace of the dark side is possible, the more you distort and harm other the more pleasure and effort you gain from it thus mastery. Apprentice would only manipulate but easy to detect but a master would make it look like you want it yourself). The reason why most spirituality put a lot of emphasis on your vibration is you can't really take a short cut in raising your vibration with magic (crystal, etc). It takes a lot of time to remove your blockage through self development or purification (in sto or sts direction). We can discuss example of love or money magic given above. We all know you can't force to love where there is no love especially when there is a big gap in vibration ( I never understand angel love demon movie, not going to happen unless one side switch side aka the spiritual war). You can charm someone but after a bit you realize what a bad person is the charmer. Or money spell, some people just have the ability to work effortlessly because they enjoy what they do (sadly any kind of ability require a lot of effort to mastery). If you just get the money not working (winning lottery) you will probably lost it very fast.

Reactions: Ina
If you are not attracted to "dark" things, but are studying in an effort to understand and thereby avoid falling into snares yourself, that very attitude is protective. I've spent a LOT of time on such studies because it has been my INTENTION to learn in order to try to figure out warning signs; yea

It is interesting reading through some of the preconceived notions of some of the posters regarding the "dark arts." It is not all about controlling/enslaving others. Many people mostly get into it for it's dark aesthetic value combined with a need for self-empowerment, individuality and a general need to escape from mass social/cultural/religious conditioning, though I agree it is still a limiting sentiment. For example, Anton Lavey's satanic bible is essentially Ayn Rand literature on individuality dressed up in satanic psychodrama. I agree it can be "dangerous" but the people getting into it are actually a million times nicer than your average street corner fundamentalist.

If you are not attracted to "dark" things, but are studying in an effort to understand and thereby avoid falling into snares yourself, that very attitude is protective. I've spent a LOT of time on such studies because it has been my INTENTION to learn in order to try to figure out warning signs; yea
The more i study it (i've not really been far), the more i feel repelled. That's why i've reduced time spent on it. Dark things are not my business.

For example, Anton Lavey's satanic bible is essentially Ayn Rand literature on individuality dressed up in satanic psychodrama. I agree it can be "dangerous" but the people getting into it are actually a million times nicer than your average street corner fundamentalist.
I think we should not mix basic practitioners with high ranking ones. For example wiccan covens, usually made of 13 women like the number of yearly moons, may not be a problem at all and be nice people. If they cast magick circles and do love magick, money magick, worship nature, talk to the sun or even do intranquil work, then good for them. (i do not endorse intranquil work) Many of their activities are mentioned at witchvox.com.
But what about high ranking paleros as exposed by John Ramirez ? He says that he was a palero tata and satanist number 3 of New York before turning to Christ. These appear to be well organised groups full of ill intents. Have these people not the power to cause much harm ?
It seems only the top layers of dark art practioners have power. They are not nice guys.

It seems only the top layers of dark art practioners have power. They are not nice guys.

Would you say it's relatively harmless (in comparison to high ranking practioners) to study or even practice some aspects of the dark arts as long as your ethics are in check. I am interested in self-empowerment, self-improvement, etc., but of course without harming anyone. There is a wealth of interesting knowledge and information in many black magical texts, from my personal experience. Chaos magick, Western Left Hand Path organizations like the Temple of Set, Eastern Tantra, Etc.

It is not likely that any "practice of dark arts" will lead to any sort of "self-empowerment" or "self-improvement".

I agree on the fact that dark arts do not lead to self-improvement, but i wonder if they may not lead to a sort of self-empowerment. May i ask if you have checked the works of John Ramirez ? Is there any value in his books and videos, or is basically bullshit ? (i hope my words do not sound offensive. I'm a french speaking person and have no intent to offense anyone). A short video of his that exposes some of the powers he got from practicing palo mayombe is this one. It is in english with french subtitles and i was not able to find a version without subtitles.

_

I would also like to ask the same question about the works of C. Peter Wagner, who discusses spiritual warfare and warfare prayers in his books, like warfare prayers. He is not the only one to have written about it. Another author is John Paul Jackson, who has written Needless casualties of war, and there are also other ones. The intercessory prayer teams they both mention are supposed to counterbalance the evil deeds of devil worshipping groups. Is this also entirely false ? Why would such practices even exist if dark practioners were harmless ?

Would you say it's relatively harmless (in comparison to high ranking practioners) to study or even practice some aspects of the dark arts as long as your ethics are in check.
I have never tried to practice any kind of magic and i do not want to do it. Consequently, i cannot tell you if practicing is harmless or not. I would just like to tell you that it would be good to really know what you are doing and who you contact. For example, one of the basics of magick is casting magick circles. Magick circles do not seem to question ethics. What i'd like to know is who you call when you say sentences like “Spirits of Earth, I call on you” or "guardians of the north, i call on you". Who or what will answer you call ? There are also many other practices in magick that look harmless but may not be that harmless.

There is a "spiritual industry" of people casting love spells, money spells and other ones for you. It is a good business with prices like 1000+ dollars for a love spell that may fail. An interesting person of this industry is Hatian bokor Leonard Elmera who has posted many interesting youtube video on the topic of magick. I find his videos informative.

Thank you !

i wonder if they may not lead to a sort of self-empowerment.

I don't think "self empowerment" for it's own sake is STO. Maybe self-preservation is necessary by way of "knowledge protects" but if you think that everything exits for you to "overcome and control" then I think you could be going in the wrong direction.

Session 28 September 2002:
A: Life is religion.

Q: (L) What does that mean?

A: Life experiences reflect how one interacts with God. Those who are asleep are those of little faith in terms of their interaction with the creation. Some people think that the world exists for them to overcome or ignore or shut out. For those individuals, the worlds will cease. They will become exactly what they give to life. They will become merely a dream in the "past." People who pay strict attention to objective reality right and left, become the reality of the "Future."

Finding empowerment by trying to understand the thinking errors of psychopaths may be useful such as reading Inside the Criminal Mind by Samenow (Raine, Samenow, Fallon: Neuropsychology & The Work) but trying to use the same tactics psychopaths use might be counterproductive I think.

Like "fighting fire with fire":

26 November 1994:
Q: (T) Do I have implants?

A: Yes.

Q: (T) These implants are what they use to control my emotions and amplify them so that they can feed off of them?

A: Not control, influence.

Q: (T) No, not to control; influence. But when, say, I get angry, then I'm angry for a short time but then I'm angry for a long time because they have used this technology to amplify and extend this; is this what they do?

A: Yes. Knowledge protects, ignorance endangers.

Q: (T) Can I feed back through their equipment what I choose?

A: Not necessary.

Q: (T) In other words, if I get angry and realize that I am being more angry than I should be, and I change that to something positive, and feed that back to them while they have their amplifiers wide open, will that affect them? Sour their milk, so to speak?

A: Now you are "fighting fire with fire."

Q: (T) Well, is that something that we are supposed to be doing?

A: Open. But what does phrase imply?

Q: (L) If you feed it back at them, in other words, what they are saying is, I think, when you feel yourself getting angry, the only way to stop the whole thing is to stop being angry and be happy or at peace. When you are happy and at peace there is not in you the desire to send anything back.

A: Bingo.

Q: (J) Redirect the energy into something positive. (F) You can't fight fire with fire. (LM) Well, actually you can in reality. (T) What I am getting at is, is it possible to do that, to change the emotional state to something more positive than what they are expecting and feed that back to them. Is that a possibility?

A: Why.

Q: (T) Just to give them a taste of their own for a change. (J) Do you want to antagonize them? You are still feeding them your energy. (L) The only change you could really have would be the opposite emotion which would be peace and if you are truly feeling peace...

A: 4th density STSers feed off negative energy.

I suppose it depends on what "empowerment" means to you and how you plan to attain it.

I also doubt that actual practice will lead to anything positive, but I think studying and analyzing some aspects of it can be fruitful. But thats just me.

From my experience, there are many tools and resources within the overall knowledge base of many left hand path and chaos magical texts that are in and off themselves just harmless tools. Its what you do with it that matters.

Its what you do with it that matters.
If the art falls under the "dark" category, then what else is it utilized for, to do with for what, other than for a "dark" purpose? You can only get out of it what it says on the tin. It wouldn't be categorized under the "dark art" category otherwise.

Either that, or the "dark" terminology is wrong from the start because it isn't doing what it says on the tin.

Self empowerment means different things for different people depending on what kind of person you are, so for someone who is selfish and greedy it means getting more money, for someone who is control freak getting psychic powers, for others discovering their soul, etc... but to me it seems this whole magic business is based on fulfilling ones selfish desires even if on basic harmless level like getting more money, relationship, etc... so when that kind of things want to give a vibe of something spiritual they are, but not in a positive sense if people can make a difference which most can not.

Back
Top Bottom