My cats been run over and killed

Pourquoi ne pas prendre un nouveau bébé chat pour tenir compagnie à votre autre chat, cela ne remplacera jamais votre petit amour, ce sera une nouvelle page d'amour à ouvrir... De tout coeur avec Vous...

Why not take a new baby cat to keep your other cat company, it will never replace your little love, it will be a new page of love to open... With all my heart to You....

You have come to some important realisations, Thebull. It's important even more so since you are a dad and will be setting an example for your kids. When my cat was run over one of the mods told me that losing a 2D friend and dealing with loss will teach our kids about death and grief.:hug2:

I'm so sorry to hear about this tragic accident, may your fur baby rest in peace. It's always tough to lose a wee companion, especially to being run over.

I remember we had 2 cats get knocked down when I was a child. One survived, (little ginger Rodger) and he spent some time waddling around with a stookie on his back leg, and the other passed on (Michael Jackson - he was black and white so we named him that because the song about being black and white was out at the time).

Time is a great healer, and I hope you can find some peace soon. Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures, such beautiful cats. Big hugs.

Pourquoi ne pas prendre un nouveau bébé chat pour tenir compagnie à votre autre chat, cela ne remplacera jamais votre petit amour, ce sera une nouvelle page d'amour à ouvrir... De tout coeur avec Vous...

Why not take a new baby cat to keep your other cat company, it will never replace your little love, it will be a new page of love to open... With all my heart to You....
Hi Perlou, Been thinking about that and how it might impact the house. We have the dogs to consider aswell who are 10 and 11 years old. I think it may work but just too early. Also the week before Benny was run over her had been involved in a fight and had an injured ear. I think Milo has been fighting aswell he has had some war wounds this week I think there is a new cat in the area. I don't want to rush into a decision getting a new addition but haven't ruled it out. Just want things to settle down.
remember we had 2 cats get knocked down when I was a child. One survived, (little ginger Rodger) and he spent some time waddling around with a stookie on his back leg, and the other passed on (Michael Jackson - he was black and white so we named him that because the song about being black and white was out at the time).
Love the cat names made me smile.
You have come to some important realisations, Thebull. It's important even more so since you are a dad and will be setting an example for your kids. When my cat was run over one of the mods told me that losing a 2D friend and dealing with loss will teach our kids about death and grief.:hug2:
I've been thinking about this alot recently and at times I have shed tears in front of my son which did feel natural. I explained to him how I felt. We both have sat and shared stories about Benny. I have tried not to suppress my emotions and to stay with how I feel it's almost like allowing yourself or giving yourself permission to feel the different emotions without guilt. Don't question why just stay with the emotion until it passes. It's quite difficult at times that's when the disasociation switch can get flicked which is a warning for me.
I've encouraged Jay my son to feel free to talk about Benny if he wants to however he feels. He seems like he can express his emotions and communicate well for a 7 year old. I do worry though as I'm not sure at times what a good example is myself. I will always try to learn and do my best for him though.

My belated condolences, Thebull.

You have mentioned a primary focus is in keeping an eye on your son and how he thinks and deals with things of this nature. That is important. Like many here probably, in childhood our parents had these talks with us after loosing our cats, dogs, horses.., and thinking back, as you have said, some have experienced this a lot in life and it never becomes easier when it happens again as each is individually loved as they are.

Thanks for sharing Benny's picture!

So sorry Thebull for the loss of your beloved cat - so beautiful, Milo, too. It's hard enough when our pets are lost to old age or disease, but by car makes it all the more terrible. Thank you for sharing how you and your family, including the other pets, are dealing with Benny's missing presence and energy. It's one of life's learning experiences especially for your young son. Be happy that you all had the opportunity to have such a wonderful feline soul to love and appreciate for as long as you did.

So sorry Thebull for the loss of your beloved cat - so beautiful, Milo, too. It's hard enough when our pets are lost to old age or disease, but by car makes it all the more terrible. Thank you for sharing how you and your family, including the other pets, are dealing with Benny's missing presence and energy. It's one of life's learning experiences especially for your young son. Be happy that you all had the opportunity to have such a wonderful feline soul to love and appreciate for as long as you did.
Thanks Jeep for your kind words. Milo is just starting to find his feet again and although he stands at the patio doors at times waiting for his brother he's doing well. I find grief can be unexpected. Just hits you when you least expect it. Now though I'm so happy to know we were lucky enough to share Benny's presence. I am grateful for that and I have talked to my son about it too which is really special. I like his take on things. Life goes on and it's pretty amazing really.
IMG_20191115_183120.jpgIMG_20191115_183120.jpg

Back
Top Bottom