My eczema cure...apple cider vinegar

Happyville said:
Regarding the "dairy" advocates... Well they certainly are pretty viscous when in comes to the raw guys... They massively fund the campaigns to criminalize raw milk farmers in Canada it and the government actually allows them to enforce the laws extra-governmentaly so they are very powerful. I help out with the legal battles with a small farmer, things sure do seem hopeless so I guess we are desperately clinging to something as we havn't given up yet!!!

Obviously, that's not what I'm talking about. I figure if people want to drink raw milk, they should be allowed to and the government is totally evil in their attempts to control that.

What I am talking about is dairy advocates - raw and otherwise - who want to push the idea that milk is good for you in any form on others who have done the research and think otherwise. Certainly, raw, fresh, non-contaminated in any way milk is better than the crap they sell as milk in stores nowadays, but no milk is even better if you are over 4 years old. The dairy farmers could switch to raising grass fed beef cattle and pigs... and do a service that is actually good for everyone. The demand for grass fed beef and pork is rising as more and more people are trying the Paleo diet and discovering that it really does work on just about everything on every level.

Happyville said:
Hi Lara, sorry about the blinders comment, Anart seems a pretty hard case sometimes - bad habit of mine - so apologies to both of you !!

The problem with the comment wasn't so much that it was flippant (which it was, but that's usual for you) - it was that you were projecting. You're wearing blinders when it comes to raw milk. The question is whether or not you can take them off.

The problem with the comment wasn't so much that it was flippant (which it was, but that's usual for you) - it was that you were projecting. You're wearing blinders when it comes to raw milk.

How about not project and both take them off :) I will do a 5 month break and report back on the dandruff... And you may want to check out position 67 on the A2 β-casein DNA string and see something interesting about Histidine v. Proline !

Happyville said:
How about not project and both take them off :) I will do a 5 month break and report back on the dandruff... And you may want to check out position 67 on the A2 β-casein DNA string and see something interesting about Histidine v. Proline !

A2 milk is what you get in France, generally, and it has exactly the same effect. In fact, it was only after we moved to France that it began to bother me so much that I was forced to give it up entirely. Even a tiny bit of milk protein in pure cream can set off the reaction. It sets off reactions in others who have experimented as well.

So, I have some problems with the claims made by these studies.

So, I have some problems with the claims made by these studies.

Hey Lara, Yes I believed that France was using a lot of A2, but i notice most of the research that is relied upon here about β-casein is to my knowledge in regards to A1.

Dr. Mercola, whom has done extensive research, and advocates Raw Milk, like you, cannot drink milk of any kind!

As Nora Gedgauds points out anyone can be sensitive to any food. I just prefer when all the pieces fit and not seen compelling evidence one way or the other!

Happyville said:
The problem with the comment wasn't so much that it was flippant (which it was, but that's usual for you) - it was that you were projecting. You're wearing blinders when it comes to raw milk.

How about not project and both take them off :)

You mean take both your blinders off? I think that's a great idea, let's see if you can.

h said:
I will do a 5 month break and report back on the dandruff...

If you're addicted to it, which by your responses here you certainly seem to be, don't expect it to be easy. You also need to be gluten free if you expect your dandruff to disappear - it all goes together.

h said:
Dr. Mercola, whom has done extensive research, and advocates Raw Milk, like you, cannot drink milk of any kind!

That's nonsense. Mercola also suggests pretty much anything he can make money off of, so it's always wise to read his information with a critical eye.

h said:
As Nora Gedgauds points out anyone can be sensitive to any food. I just prefer when all the pieces fit and not seen compelling evidence one way or the other!

How much of the diet and health section on this forum have you actually read? We've already has these discussions - and the evidence is enormous, not to mention the experiences of the people who have removed it from their diet. It's fascinating to me how the people on this forum who are 'raw milkers' have all behaved the same way - as if they are addicts to the stuff. They just won't let it go. It's actually very telling and speaks to the effects of casein on the brain.

Happyville said:

Indeed. As I said, there is a group of humans who apparently got a mutation that enabled them to utilize milk nutritionally after infancy and this helped them to survive planetary stresses. But that doesn't mean that everything you CAN do, you ought to do. Because the odds of a series of mutations making milk actually GOOD for them, as opposed to just tolerable survival food, are not very high.

People can survive on vegetables too, to some extent, but any gastroenterologist will tell you that you need to cut out the veggies in preparation for a colonoscopy. Why? Because eliminating fiber CLEANS the colon - rather than the promoted other way around - and reduces irritation. That's true for everyone without exception.

So why eat something that sits and ferments in the digestive tract, keeps it in a constant state of bacterial overgrowth, causes gas (evidence of systems run amok), and actually IRRITATES the organ???

But that logical step can't be taken because big Agra has such a choke hold on society.

And since the diseases connected with milk have been coming more and more to the attention of mainstream science/medicine, obviously they had to do something about that to keep people pouring the stuff down their throats and poisoning their bodies.

Do you really think that something that is designed to grow a calf to a cow can ultimately be good for a human?

Same for vegetables...

Laura said:
...Indeed. As I said, there is a group of humans who apparently got a mutation that enabled them to utilize milk nutritionally after infancy and this helped them to survive planetary stresses...

Or looking at it another way, given a million years or so it might be possible for humans to evolve to where they could live on almost anything that provided the essential nutrients, depending on what emerged as the most advantageous evolutionary direction. Whether they could still do simple arithmetic, let alone esoteric work, would be another matter. And they might still suffer from eczema.

Megan said:
Laura said:
...Indeed. As I said, there is a group of humans who apparently got a mutation that enabled them to utilize milk nutritionally after infancy and this helped them to survive planetary stresses...

Or looking at it another way, given a million years or so it might be possible for humans to evolve to where they could live on almost anything that provided the essential nutrients, depending on what emerged as the most advantageous evolutionary direction. Whether they could still do simple arithmetic, let alone esoteric work, would be another matter. And they might still suffer from eczema.

Exactly. What you eat has a powerful effect on the evolutionary path. Humans probably made one of the bigger leaps toward their "humanness" in a semi-aquatic environment eating easily available seafood and shellfish. (See Sir Alister Hardy and Elaine Morgan on "The Aquatic Ape Hypothesis"). Following that, there was cooking and addition of land animal food sources which probably helped with the next huge leap.

The introduction of agriculture took humans back a considerable step according to the paleontological record.

Nowadays, it has been noted that vegetarians have shrinking brains. Wonder what milk is doing to those who consume a lot of dairy?

So why eat something that sits and ferments in the digestive tract, keeps it in a constant state of bacterial overgrowth, causes gas (evidence of systems run amok), and actually IRRITATES the organ???

This is quite interesting ? Do you have any material I may read on bacterial overgrowth?

I was not aware that it is possible to overgrow probiotics in the gut. Bacteria are sort of opposite of yeast, bacteria only live to the point that they can be sustained. How does something grow without the sustainence to survive?

Yeast on the other hand, is a decomposing force, so overgrowth is possible since its whole purpose is to decompose your body and as long as you are alive the sustainence for yeast ( your flesh ) seems plentiful. Yeast is kept a bay by your immune system, which includes symbiotic probiotics, either of which, if weakened, or depleted makes possible to tip the balance toward overgrowth which, in my view, seems logical.

Fermenting? - what about vitamin k - isn't it good for you ?

and the evidence is enormous, not to mention the experiences of the people who have removed it from their diet.

Seems there is enormous evidence of similar health improvements on both sides - so the law of 3 - a little problematic for both theories dontcha think? What are we overlooking, is there a way to perhaps advance here?

It's actually very telling and speaks to the effects of casein on the brain.

Is there a way forward to further this, or do blame it all on something else ( as seems your tendency?) casein mental problems??? Really ??? Seems the fear of β-casein research extinguished the zeal to network and learn from each other... Its unfortunate!

Happyville said:
Is there a way forward to further this, or do blame it all on something else ( as seems your tendency?) casein mental problems??? Really ???

Yes, really. Please at least read all of the data in the diet and health section - it really will clarify things for you.

Happyville said:

This is quite interesting ? Do you have any material I may read on bacterial overgrowth?

Why don't YOU read all the health related material on this forum, and the recommended health books first instead of asking to be spoon fed? In fact, you are becoming offensive towards Laura for no good reason at all just to defend your addiction, which is quite telling in itself.

Happyville said:
Is there a way forward to further this, or do blame it all on something else ( as seems your tendency?) casein mental problems??? Really ??? Seems the fear of β-casein research extinguished the zeal to network and learn from each other... Its unfortunate!

Happyville said:

I was not aware that it is possible to overgrow probiotics in the gut. Bacteria are sort of opposite of yeast, bacteria only live to the point that they can be sustained. How does something grow without the sustainence to survive?

You might try Googling "intestinal bacterial overgrowth". I have always seen the problem described in reference to the small intestine, if that helps.

For me, personally, many if not most of my issues are of a nature that I can't just go read about it somewhere and try what is suggested. I have to "do the experiments" myself. You can do likewise with dairy, as you have said you would do.

Often I have found nothing at all when I tried to research a health issue, and sometimes -- as in the case of dairy -- I have encountered contradictory information. Sometimes information does turn up, but years or even decades after I first started to search. So I experiment, and so do others here. And we share what we find.

This forum is able to make discoveries at times that go beyond "established knowledge." It does this by aggregating the knowledge of diverse individual contributors, including people like yourself. It can actually do a better job when people feel free to state what they know, or think they know. You can quickly discover, after contributing, that you need to dig deeper, and that doesn't always feel good.

You can take or leave what we come up with, but I have found that the forum tends to be better at coming up with answers for hard-to-answer questions than I am working alone. It isn't always right, but then neither am I. I believe we have taken more than one U-turn on dietary issues. But we seem to be converging on answers that really do work.

Alana said:
Happyville said:

Why don't YOU read all the health related material on this forum, and the recommended health books first instead of asking to be spoon fed? In fact, you are becoming offensive towards Laura for no good reason at all just to defend your addiction, which is quite telling in itself.

Happyville said:

sorry.. Lara is always polite and the golden rule applies .. I was quoting anart!

Happyville said:
sorry.. Lara is always polite and the golden rule applies .. I was quoting anart!

Happyville, why do you keep mispelling Laura's name? At first, I thought it was just a typo, but you keep doing it. It seems like a sign that you are not paying attention. Or, if it's deliberate, it seems like a passive aggressive kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom