Na Severu ... a Czech web full of SOTT

I'm starting to work on translation of the new article written by Joe:
Good choice. Although we don't translate as many political articles these days, it's this type of article, those with the cherry on top in terms of that little extra information that one just doesn't normally see in the alternative sphere, that's great to have in the database. Have fun with it! ;-)

As for me, I'm still trying to get up to speed after the holidays. It's not helping that I'm doing overtime at work yet again, and although I have a couple of larger projects in the works, namely the Health benefits of tobacco and the Golden Age, Psychopathy and the Sixth Extinction (that's the one I couldn't remember the name of during our talk), for now I'm going with the French strike and electricity workers to help me get there. :headbanger:

No one out there does connects the dots like Joe and Niall, and it's great he's writing again.

I don't know how it is to be in your shoes, but I think you are doing well, and you're ready to fight shaolin!

@rylek : '100 stars vanished' article published, PR is welcome :)

No one out there does connects the dots like Joe and Niall, and it's great he's writing again.
And it's great you are going for it.

It reminded me that the best thing that could happen to Na Severu would be if we translated every Focus article from SOTT authors, just like what the Italian team does (we discussed that during our meet up) but that will perhaps come at later stage with better time management. There are so many things happening these days that when one goes through SOTT home page it's hard to pick what's most important. Almost everything is when we want to get a clear, objective picture. Let's carry on. We can't have everything but the momentum is there ;-)

@rylek : '100 stars vanished' article published, PR is welcome :)
That was going to be my next one to translate! :-D Great job, really enjoyed that one and PR is done.

In turn PR of Striking French workers would be appreciated! :cool:

In turn PR of Striking French workers would be appreciated!
Published, another good one!
That was going to be my next one to translate!
I apologize for stealing it :-[ ;-D

Here's a suggestion:

The 3,000-year-old social and moral code of The Odyssey

or alternatively we can do these two in tandem:

Incredible find at ancient site in Scotland reveals massive lightning scar in center of circle of standing stones
Massive magnetic anomaly discovered near ancient stone circles in Scotland

@Mikkael : FWIW, Joe's article has been translated in Czech and published on Zvedavec.cz here. I just looked into your draft and it's already complete (perhaps you are just going to double check it) so it's too late to save your time. It will be nice to have our own anyway. I will do some promo on FB in Slovakian groups. People there reacted well to your Merkel-Putin_in_Moscow article, BTW, so they deserve some treat :-) Let me know when you are done so I can do PR and publish it. Have a good day!

Check your mailbox, it's been sitting there for two days!

I apologize for not checking my email. The article was PRed, published and shared yesterday afternoon when I saw your message here.
It's already making waves, republished by the biggest alternative tabloid server AC24 with over 12.000 views there at the time of writing this. We don't get that kind of traffic on our web but whenever a big outlet republishes our piece it brings more attention to Na Severu. They actually took a few more articles from us in recent weeks so we are being watched - that means we are doing something well.

In terms of communication about translation, publishing, PR etc., I ask to keep everything here in this thread as we discussed before (you can see rylek's and my previous posts) because I am getting slightly overwhelmed with the administration in attempt to keep it rocking and rolling so it's best if we have one channel for all the messages. If there is something that you would consider a noise here, personal message in Notes&Comments PM thread will do the job.

Keep it coming! :cool::cool2:

In terms of communication about translation, publishing, PR etc., I ask to keep everything here in this thread as we discussed before (you can see rylek's and my previous posts) because I am getting slightly overwhelmed with the administration in attempt to keep it rocking and rolling so it's best if we have one channel for all the messages. If there is something that you would consider a noise here, personal message in Notes&Comments PM thread will do the job.
Will do. I thought it pointless to send you emails and plus to duplicate it here as well. But I see your point, so from now on I'll let you know about status of work primarily through our thread.

This is one excellent article on recent developments in Russia, but it's rather lenghty. I'm scanning sk/cz web if someone had done it already, lol.
No man, I'm taking the challenge!

This is one excellent article on recent developments in Russia, but it's rather lenghty. I'm scanning sk/cz web if someone had done it already, lol.
No man, I'm taking the challenge!
I am done with this!
:-)

anka, Putin article ready to go for your PR, you have your editoras funkcionas. I'm just checking the word count 2647, and translated in two days! Medaila Cigaretta!

anka, Putin article ready to go for your PR
It was a 2-hour project for me, man. Besides technical stuff, I learnt so much of your native language, researching phrases, checking spelling, adding tags, trying to come up with different wording on a few occasions ... but as usual, you have a really impressive level of auto PR. I don't think I would be able to deliver almost perfect translation as this. And brilliant article for our database. Kudos! :headbanger:
I'm just checking the word count 2647, and translated in two days! Medaila Cigaretta!
What?? Satisfaction?! Isn't it a cherry picking on your part? When we include the whole week data set, the word count number remains the same! :-P;-D

It was a 2-hour project for me, man. Besides technical stuff, I learnt so much of your native language, researching phrases, checking spelling, adding tags, trying to come up with different wording on a few occasions ... but as usual, you have a really impressive level of auto PR. I don't think I would be able to deliver almost perfect translation as this. And brilliant article for our database. Kudos!
It was great you did put your attention to it, it improved it a lot. Certainly the tittle needed some better frasing.

I'm sorry to respond so late. It was busy week, and from Wednesdey on, I was so tired when coming back home evening that I would soon be laying in bed.

I'm reading this article which contains so much of history I didn't know. It will be my next job:

This article is from Slovak website, speaking about need for cultivation of national patriotism which is under attack of liberal politicians, represented by current Slovak president madame Čaputová.

quote from author L.Stevko
"Previous years of the reign of extreme right goverment , which in the bazaar sale had given all the decisive material resources to foreign hands, also had other negative effects - the influx of foreign decay culture and the devastation of domestic spiritual values."
Perhaps we might post it on our web? Have a look

Back
Top Bottom