Na Severu ... a Czech web full of SOTT

My point is that what I observe we're doing comes as natural results of our focusing on selected topics and somehow your 'change of strategy' feels bit forced.

I understand it could have come across like that. Sorry for that, maybe I should have expressed it in a different way. And just now I see rylek's post which sums it up nicely.

...we can have a discussion, and we already talked about this before, to set in stone some of the main categories and subcategories and create a sort of road map for which articles we want to focus on. This planned approached works better for me as it gives me structured environment to work with, rather than hunting around for the next best thing out there.

I would only add that what drove me to write the previous post was a strong feeling that while we can't do much more for most of the population we sure can give an extra value to those who really search for valuable information. And this is not to say that the articles which you both or me choose to publish are not valuable.

We talk on Sunday :-)

I would only add that what drove me to write the previous post was a strong feeling that while we can't do much more for most of the population we sure can give an extra value to those who really search for valuable information.
After my initial knee-jerk reaction, I am thinking about that 'extra value'. There's so much of Laura's work on Cassiopaea.org which could be brought to Czechoslovak readers. We have on website only brief mention of C's experiment but not much more then that, if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps this could be one direction to pursue. I am looking at the series of Truth or Lies which I am interested to read again and it looks like good starting point. Just some food for thought before Sunday.

PS. Attached is a spreadsheet that I've been sitting on for a while, see what you think. It's not up to date.
Now you brought your wildcard! Good try. I had to download free viewer in order to have a look. This could be useful if we'll find the way how to keep it up to date, with one person writing an entry, and everybody is updated. Otherwise it will be always out of date :-) But perhaps it is I who is out of date, and I just need MS Excell to have that functionality?

This could be useful if we'll find the way how to keep it up to date, with one person writing an entry, and everybody is updated. Otherwise it will be always out of date :-)
I should have said that this spreadsheet should be seen as a starting point for a discussion how to organize translation categories and also to start thinking back and begin to search in our bookmarks to dig up older articles and series. Ultimately we'll need to have a shared cloud document, something we also talked about some time ago specifically with Yandex drive. I don't recalll now if both of you have an account on Yandex? I can start transferring the document and then share it between everyone.

PS. Apologies for assuming everyone had MS Office capability. I'm Microsoft all the way both at work and at home so I take it for granted :-)
There's so much of Laura's work on Cassiopaea.org which could be brought to Czechoslovak readers. We have on website only brief mention of C's experiment but not much more then that, if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps this could be one direction to pursue.
The Wave would be the most likely first candidate, imo, and also something I've been meaning to get off the ground for months now. And definitely there's so much just in Cass we could easily dedicate all our efforts to it.

@rylek @anka do you have any recommendation for translator of English idioms into CZ/Sk languages? For example: trying to fit square peg into round hole sort of thing.

@anka the two short articles about the lightning in Toronto and sprites over Texas are ready for PR when you get a chance. Also in the sprite article I'm still not sure about the "green ghost" translation, you might have a better idea :cool:

I've prepared article which is not from sott this time, but it was quoted here on the forum several times. @anka have a look if you agree then PR and it can go out.

Working on this one now :cool:
Finally done, including commentary. As always PR most welcome before going live! :-)

@anka I have a lots of good reading for you tonight; Truth or Lies part one 1, is ready for PR.

Several times during work I've returned to read back through the text to weed any errors so hopefully there's little left for you. But, I used quotes which has this blue background, maybe you'll have different idea.

Back
Top Bottom