Na Severu ... a Czech web full of SOTT

I have posted two articles NaSeveru.org during the last three days, though not mentioning it here, and just thought it might be good idea to keep housekeeping in order, @anka when you have a chance for PR and maybe some raising of SEO, much appreciated as always.

Gaby's article finally published. I'm confident the technical stuff is correct, but as always my prose can be improved, @anka if you get a chance to PR at some point that would be much appreciated!

@Mikkael I've taken the 'psycho' article down as a sticky and replaced it with Gaby's :-)

I have an idea which I want to share and would like to hear your thoughts @rylek @anka. When looking at our website and the front page articles, there's one thing which started to bug me recently and perhaps it could be changed for better? So here's the thing. Imagine front page where there are all these articles with their headline and with each frame/space filled with dates, authors, tags and actually mostly irrelevant info from the perspective of reader. I think it would serve much better purpose to have that bit of space of each post filled only with headline and perhaps short summary, or brief insert from paragraph from an article itself. Not sure how difficult it would be to do such change into modules, or if you'd like it at all. Anyway that's the idea.

I have an idea which I want to share and would like to hear your thoughts @rylek @anka. When looking at our website and the front page articles, there's one thing which started to bug me recently and perhaps it could be changed for better? So here's the thing. Imagine front page where there are all these articles with their headline and with each frame/space filled with dates, authors, tags and actually mostly irrelevant info from the perspective of reader. I think it would serve much better purpose to have that bit of space of each post filled only with headline and perhaps short summary, or brief insert from paragraph from an article itself. Not sure how difficult it would be to do such change into modules, or if you'd like it at all. Anyway that's the idea.
We have entertained this idea from the beginning but so far we only got a free template which does not allow for bigger changes. There is also this Oxygen visual builder available but no one's got the time to start learning it. So one option is to spend 70 bucks on PRO template version which will be adjusted to our needs (but it is still limited considering the way how we publish the articles) or start redesigning the page with the builder... We have decided to leave it as it is from start because the most important thing always was and is the content, hoping that in future we take care of the look.

Of course it would be nice to give it a good facelift but who's gonna do it? :umm:

I see, so templates are the limit and spending more right now might not be in cards. This Oxygen builder is something I'm going to have a look into, at least to see what is it, and how difficult it might be.

@anka @rylek Guys I want to ask if you would approve using this as feature photo for article on our web.

Klaus MegaSchwab.png

I'm thinking of buying upgrade to PRO plan, I found they offer it with steep discount now and it cost only $59 per year as in comparison full price is $129 plus VAT. It's cheap like peanuts and we could even reverse it cost free within 30 days. So I'm tempted despite my empty pocket right now :-) . But I could use credit card instead.

Edit> I just realized that offer is RankMath app.

I have a suggestion. Since we have discussed the change of concept for the web, I think we don't need to stay on the Fast Comet hosting for security reasons and could save a good amount of money by moving to a Czech hosting company. There are more options but it's safe to estimate the maximum yearly cost of hosting at 50 EUR in that case which is less then a third of what we are paying now. Would you agree to that? Any ideas/comments?

What security we would lost by moving to Cz hosting? I didn't realize that you want axe everything except esoterica? Why is that exactly?

Ok, I do recall you talking two weeks ago about your new idea/concept of changing focus on the wave series, and esoterica material and rylek agreed so that makes it clear. It is good idea, but I think to have an open concept and posting anything of importance occurring about in this changing reality is equally important I think. Saving more money on hosting is not big deal for us, dare I say and it's not like that we cannot afford it. Perhaps good argument for moving into esoterica is that there is less probability for an attack. I'll have a cigarete a think about it a little more.

I didn't mean to say we axe anything. The main reason we have chosen hosting with a foreign company was possibility of becoming one of targets by local authorities because of the information published. Since we are such a minor website on the scene (there are much bigger fish in the political pond) and we are likely to publish even less on sensitive topics because others are doing the job, I thought it might be handy to use some Czech hosting for a better price. It's nothing essential but it could be around 100 EUR less (that can be spent on supplements for example) and when it comes to support, it might turn out even better, plus it would mean supporting local business. Just a food for thought.

Then I was under wrong impression. It sounds completely reasonable to move the web and save some coins along. Other thing I was thinking this morning was why is it only you who pays for website bill?

we are likely to publish even less on sensitive topics because others are doing the job
Are we likely to publish less on sensitive topics? Social pathology is big thing and I guess we want to keep tabs on it.

Then I was under wrong impression. It sounds completely reasonable to move the web and save some coins along. Other thing I was thinking this morning was why is it only you who pays for website bill?
It is not only me at all. Rylek has put 20.000 CZK (~ 800 EUR) on the table so we created 40.000 pigibank from which all is paid. I haven't published the account bill for us yet but because this has been long on my to-do list, I shall proceed quickly on that matter and let you know the numbers.

Are we likely to publish less on sensitive topics? Social pathology is big thing and I guess we want to keep tabs on it.
You are right but unless we publish some investigative articles with connection to our countries, no one will give a damn I bet. If we had uncovered i.e. some ties to pedophile circles from our government or some serious corruption then we could for sure become a target but there are so many things happening and many serious activists fighting for various causes that I really don't think we need to worry that our web could be taken down at this stage. I might be wrong but that is why I posted the suggestion, to be discussed. My point is that we are not able to cover any topic in such a manner that some great number of people would understand the game that is going on. But we might be able to bring some light to a few dedicated individuals to see things that are not talked about anywhere else than here on the Forum and that could in fact bring a bigger change than trying to wake up masses.

Then again, I am not saying we should stop posting articles about social pathology etc., not at all :-)

Back
Top Bottom