NeuroFeedback, NeurOptimal and Electroencephalography

I have a Scenar. Also cool.

It has a miracle feature: When the electrode is moved over the skin during a scan it stops and sticks to the skin until the feedback is up to its satisfaction.
Interesting, @broken.english! I had never heard of Scenar. Perhaps you could open a new thread in the Diet & Health section to tell others about your experiences with Scenar if you think it is helpful? It's not very cheap if you were to buy it in the EU, but perhaps some people think it is worth it, I don't know...
But AFAIK it has nothing to do with NeurOptimal and is a different device altogether.

Interesting, @broken.english! I had never heard of Scenar. Perhaps you could open a new thread in the Diet & Health section to tell others about your experiences with Scenar if you think it is helpful? It's not very cheap if you were to buy it in the EU, but perhaps some people think it is worth it, I don't know...

But AFAIK it has nothing to do with NeurOptimal and is a different device altogether.

Yes, can do - once I have some more experience with the Scenar.

I think that PASS membership is just for people who already own a NeurOptimal system and who would like some extra benefits. :-)
This subscription is intended for the Unlimited or Limited licensed bundle. The monthly subscription covers one computer system and includes all the benefits of the annual PASS membership, charged at a monthly rate rather than the annual payment.

Hi all!
It's been nearly 2 years I do neuroptimal (with 1-2 months pauses 3 times upon the 2 years)
and no effect at all :-(
and please don't say "but it's subtle". Always memory loss, attention deficit, I continue losing important objects (credit card, keys, ID card), irritable etc. My tinnitus even increased these last 2 years. I can't tell it's due to neuroptimal, I just note it and I don't know the reason.

I will contact Zengar and ask them.
Hi Nature, what you are finding is quite concerning for me too as I have the same issues occassionally but the tinnitus is horrendous and has been for many years now (Lyme). It is no good using hearing aids and yet my hearing is barely 50%, even less sometimes, because of it. It truly has seriously affected my quality of life, and social chatting too. Friends warn people I am deaf in advance now, as that is how bad it has got sadly. But I mainly keep my 'afflictions' to myself, unless seeking answers, as they can also be blessings/tests karmically/spiritually :-)

I know the main cause is damage to the trigeminal nerve.

If these machines truly recalibrate the brain non invasively then that is definitely what I am after. But is seems that we are having a mixed bag of results or non results here atm. Is it actually possible to own a machine or do they only rent them? And how would that work for me coming under Turkey and not a 'Western' nation?

Hi happyliza, sorry to hear about your health problems.

Yes you can own a machine, by buying one at Zengar's or by renting it from a practitioner in your country (if there are ones). Even if you are living in a european country where it is easy to find this neuroptimal machine, you have to pay the full price because it is not reimbursed by health insurance, be it you buy or rent or have sessions at the practitioner's office.

By the way, if someone is interested to buy a second hand machine, I can sell mine half price. I haven't used it since so many years, it's still in his package. PM me if interested.

Repost from the „Facilitating Right Brain Thinking“ thread:

What I find particularly interesting is our experiments in Neuro Optimal and that it was somewhat of a mystery to me what that machine is actually doing and how at the time. Now it seems to me that McGilchrist might have inevitably provided the actual „mechanism“ and scientific data in his work that could very well explain what Neuro Optimal is actually doing. It seems like Neuro Optimal is rebalancing left and right brain activity? I noticed that because of the particular separated way our ears are „wired“ (meaning left ear almost exclusively depending on the right hemisphere and right ear to the left hemisphere) scientists have for example used cold and warm water irritation of ears to stimulate and/or suppress either hemisphere with quite astounding results, not only in brain damaged individuals. McGilchrist makes quite a number of references to that. I think that method is called „caloric vestibular stimulation“ and/or „caloric reflex test“:

Out of curiosity I tried to find some simple machines and/or methods to do such stimulation outside of clinical practice. Without much success.

Neuroptimal, I think, only helps with brain imbalances. It doesn't solve things like brain deterioration, i.e. memory loss, tinnitus, etc. Those things are usually due to loss of circulation, oxygen, etc.

I have, at various times, taken pentoxifyllene, sermion, actovegin, and aterina for helping brain circulation (and peripheral circulation in general). All work in one way or another and I feel like I've staved off the memory loss problem.

Pentox seems to help tinnitus too.

Neuroptimal, I think, only helps with brain imbalances. It doesn't solve things like brain deterioration, i.e. memory loss, tinnitus, etc. Those things are usually due to loss of circulation, oxygen, etc.

I have, at various times, taken pentoxifyllene, sermion, actovegin, and aterina for helping brain circulation (and peripheral circulation in general). All work in one way or another and I feel like I've staved off the memory loss problem.

Pentox seems to help tinnitus too.
That is amazing, and all things I have never heard of before!
I will ask Dr. Klinghardt, or the holistic practitioner I get to see once in the uk about this incredible result. The Autonomic Response Testing they do will also be able to diagnose and tell me what will complement the protocols or otherwise thankfully.
I am booked on to the ART 1 training module starting 20th June. I feel it will be of great benefit not to have to rely on doctors and laboratories (unless for confirmations), in these coming times.
Part of my HBOT has already reached customs, so I am really excited to soon be able to commence lo level sessions.
I definitely appreciate Nature's offer of his machine, and have PM'd accordingly.
For all the above, the main thing is should I not attain optimum benefit from them all,, at least others here can!! Though how to safely offer this to others on the QT is quite another dilemma I am unsure of atm. It would be a travesty if the Health Ministry here confiscated them, even though no certificates are needed for them elsewhere.
Donations are another query as non of the machines last forever, and this is my only chance to purchase them.

Out of curiosity I tried to find some simple machines and/or methods to do such stimulation outside of clinical practice. Without much success.
Well, I've been ocassionally, during cold parts of the shower routines, sprinkling colder water in my right ear first, and sure enough the inner chatter would be decreased indicating the switch between LH to RH functional dominance.
Of course, this simple method doesn't provide a very long-lasting results, but the effect of inner silence has been almost instantenous, FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom