New Book by Laura: The Apocalypse: Comets, Asteroids and Cyclical Catastrophes

Just received, too.

Thank you for gathering these matters together and putting this into a book.

Great book! I really enjoyed reading it. The chapter on the Chicago fires was interesting especially reading the eyewitness testimony regarding the atmosphere and how intense the fires burned. Couldn't put the book down as it is just fascinating reading a topic that you really don't hear much about. Thanks and I am definitely looking forward to the next book! :D

findit said:
Great book! I really enjoyed reading it. The chapter on the Chicago fires was interesting especially reading the eyewitness testimony regarding the atmosphere and how intense the fires burned. Couldn't put the book down as it is just fascinating reading a topic that you really don't hear much about. Thanks and I am definitely looking forward to the next book! :D
I agree. Thank you, Laura, for consolidating this information in one book. Awesome read and enjoyed your talent for pulling so many seemingly unrelated topics together. WOW!
Have already passed the book on to a friend who's been waiting eagerly for me to finish.

I also found the simultaneous outbreak of the fires in Peshtigo, Chicago, Michigan and other places in upper Midwest very sobering in light of the fact that a severe drought preceded these costly fires. Oddly, some historical opponents to a fireball/meteor cause point to this factor, along with strong winds that night, facilitating the massive devastation of these fire outbreaks, separated by hundreds of miles, and one of the Great lakes. Case closed, without a sensible explanation for the initiating cause. However, the simultaneous occurrence of these fires lends credence to the fireball theory. Opponents wonder why there weren't any eyewitness sitings of the fireball... however, given that this was 1871, and communication and news reporting at those times was minimal, fireball reports may have been discounted anyway or just haven't been discovered in any of the obscure written accounts of that time. (OSIT)

All in all, very intriguing, especially with the drought we've been enduring this summer and all the fire outbreaks in the West this summer. Is the widespread severe drought an omen/sign for the cosmic "party crashers' " arrival?

Thanks for an interesting book! It put a few pieces into place that had not found a match yet, especially the whole historical alignment of standard eras with the 'officially unwanted' ages, impressive work.

Following Zinoviev quote has me puzzled as for what the distinction between primary and secondary falsification actually is, and also what the highlighted part means?
My sociological research of the great evolutionary breakpoint demonstrated that a new, blatant, global and premeditated falsification was already in full swing. Prior to becoming familiar with the writings of Fomenko, I had already known that the falsification of the past was a rather common phenomenon inherent in human existence. However, I was neither aware of the scale of this fraud as described by Fomenko and his fellow scholars, nor of its social type. My assumption had been that the blatant falsification of history on a planetary scale that I had discovered was the first one … Let us call it the second falsification of the same variety. It differs from the first [discussed by Fomenko] in terms of pertaining to a different epoch. Its main subject is modern history … One has to differentiate between the two kinds of falsification, the first one being the involuntary routine falsification of minor details that results from the mechanisms of gnosis … or the entropy inherent in the framework of humanity’s historical memory. The second is the extraordinary, premeditated and complex falsification that has distinct social causes. [emphasis in original] (Fomenko 2006, xv)

Some typos & a repeat (kindle):
Comets are said to be different from asteroids because they are made up of water ice, frozen gas, organic materials, and odd bits of rock and metal.
a missing "," between water and ice

Petrarch’s closes friend,
a missing t

And it is hard-wired because that it the way humans evolved.
is instead of it

Monk killed with several birds, a sheep
don't know if it's wrong just reads strange

One place it mentions 50.000 when should be 500.000 Carolina bays

A repeat paragraph in pages 113 & 123 starting :
This “new catastrophism,”

Remember the Amazon reviews guys.

parallel said:
Comets are said to be different from asteroids because they are made up of water ice, frozen gas, organic materials, and odd bits of rock and metal.
a missing "," between water and ice

This one's not a typo: _http://www.space.com/2010-water-ice-detected-comet-surface.html

Downloaded the Kindle version to a surprise gift of a Kindle reader...and it doesn't hurt my eyes! :wow: :dance:

I hope that all of you will write reviews for this one.

I was guessing at some point the pages were magnetized :rockon:
Unpacked, read and reviewed! Thanks a lot, best resume so far on Cyclical Universe.

parallel said:
Made a trailer for the book, hope it's helpful.
http://youtu.be/2KGyMSGqztI

I think it's great parallel! The one thing I would say, though, is that the narration seems quite bass-heavy and is difficult to understand. Is there a way to adjust the EQ to more vocal-friendly levels?

Other than that, I think it's really great :)

dugdeep said:
parallel said:
Made a trailer for the book, hope it's helpful.
http://youtu.be/2KGyMSGqztI

I think it's great parallel! The one thing I would say, though, is that the narration seems quite bass-heavy and is difficult to understand. Is there a way to adjust the EQ to more vocal-friendly levels?

Other than that, I think it's really great :)

Glad to hear that :) I Equalized the voice track, reuploaded and hoping it's clearer.
http://youtu.be/b_qQwSVtgo8

I just finished the book tonight. You put so many pieces together Laura. I was captivated the entire time and couldn't put it down. I particularly enjoyed the Neanderthal and psychopath correlation. Thank you for this great work. I'll do my best at a review on Amazon.

Ya'll note that Sheridan's got his minions going around amazon writing trashy comments on my reviews of other books using slander and libel. Hopefully, we can report them as abuse and get them removed.

Back
Top Bottom