New Book by Laura: The Apocalypse: Comets, Asteroids and Cyclical Catastrophes

Laura said:
Ya'll note that Sheridan's got his minions going around amazon writing trashy comments on my reviews of other books using slander and libel. Hopefully, we can report them as abuse and get them removed.

Most of his minions are probably sock puppets. I just replied to a certain "AgentS" (could that be agent Sheridan?) who made a comment on your review of Puzzling People. Definitely a useless idiot...

Oh dear! i've been "minionized" too as have quite a few other forumites it seems. Just been reading the comments on the one star reviews and there's a certain JFredMuggs who keeps commenting on the "sott agenda showing up." Maybe he doesn't want to write much more as the spelling will give him away?
This following comment reads very "Sheridanish"

You mischaracterize the book deliberately. Part of the sott defamation champaign.

Sock puppet anyone?

Don Genaro said:
Oh dear! i've been "minionized" too as have quite a few other forumites it seems. Just been reading the comments on the one star reviews and there's a certain JFredMuggs who keeps commenting on the "sott agenda showing up." Maybe he doesn't want to write much more as the spelling will give him away?
This following comment reads very "Sheridanish"

You mischaracterize the book deliberately. Part of the sott defamation champaign.

Sock puppet anyone?

Yes.

JFredMuggs said:
If the book is plagiarism from LKJ, does that not call into question the source?

And I have never mentionned the name of Laura in my review.

Gandalf said:
JFredMuggs said:
If the book is plagiarism from LKJ, does that not call into question the source?

And I have never mentionned the name of Laura in my review.

Oooops!

Yeah, I guess "trans-socky-oh-puppet-ah" has so many fake profiles going and is trying to cover so many reviews he must get confused - just like a liar who has told so many lies they can't keep up with them.

Y'all can post your reviews on RPP website for this book (you can use the same as for Amazon if you want). Currently, there's no review. I've just posted mine.

Zadius Sky said:
Y'all can post your reviews on RPP website for this book (you can use the same as for Amazon if you want). Currently, there's no review. I've just posted mine.

Done :)

I haven't yet finished the book, but I think it's great!

Right now I'm preparing a series of lectures in musicology for our second year students at the university. I'm using a thematic approach, and starting with 'Music and the supernatural'. The thing is, I'm starting with shamanism and how they use(d) music (drums, chanting) as a way to go into a trance, and what's nice, some passages from this book by Laura fit nicely into it!

I've put references to the book in big clear letters on the slides, lets see if some of them end buying the book. :)

Thanks, Laura for your incredible work.

I've just finished reading this book, and to my eyes it is excellent work. There aren't many authors with the capacity to read and form a qualified opinion about works from the wide-ranging bibliography that this book builds from. There is a wealth of interesting/essential knowledge from diverse areas presented in a clear manner with a disposition that makes it easy to follow. Thank you Laura!

New Book?!? I just salivated, maybe even drooled a little. Now I feel like a knowledge hunter stalking his freshly-printed-paper-smelling prey.. ooo! I love that smell :lol:

But I have a question: is this book a recompilation of all your articles concerning this subject? If it is, this is a magnificent idea because keeping all your articles by folio is voluminous.

I know the feeling :)

I can't find the quote to..well, quote in the topic summary, but I agree with whomever said having a lot of related Laura/Sott's material in one place makes it all a little easier to make fully coherent. It kind of speeds the absorption process for me. Thanks Laura et al!

Laura, I'm going to get this book, read it, absorb as much as I can and review it as best I can. I'd even love to say this is all just because I honor and respect your work so much, but it kind of feels like it's more fer me... :rolleyes:

It really is a very, very good book. A definite page turner and you have all that information for easy reference right in one volume!

anart said:
It really is a very, very good book. A definite page turner and you have all that information for easy reference right in one volume!

:) I second that! I wish My father could read it, hope to translate this book in to polish. He loves the topic.

Back
Top Bottom