New Show: MindMatters (RIP Truth Perspective)

Caught last week's G talk and will be sure to follow up on the most recent. Last weeks was a great overview.

Wanted to also point out that this show below was revisited this week, and to my surprise a transcript was amended to it. So, a tip of the 🎩 to the transcribers! That was great.

I LOVED this interview (and it's not even the whole interview!) What a fascinating man.

I LOVED this interview (and it's not even the whole interview!) What a fascinating man.

Likewise whitecoast, I thoroughly enjoyed the show, so much in fact, that I totally lost track of time and was very disgruntled when it ended. I've definitely enjoyed having some of Gurdjieff's methods explained verbally as opposed to reading. I learn mush better that way. Thank you both for presenting it.

I've just listened to second part of interview with Joseph and leaving again with so many fresh impressions. What a good stuff you're doing guys there, thank you. My curiosity peaked when I heard about JG.Bennet and will try to get hold on some of his books. I'm drawn towards Deeper Man but is pricey $55 on Thriftbooks, meanwhile I'll grab Witness instead. Surprisingly I feel that Belzebub's tales might get another chance to take off the shelf soon. Few years ago when I'd tried to read it, I've droped mid-half way..

Much appreciated.

I've just listened to second part of interview with Joseph and leaving again with so many fresh impressions. What a good stuff you're doing guys there, thank you. My curiosity peaked when I heard about JG.Bennet and will try to get hold on some of his books. I'm drawn towards Deeper Man but is pricey $55 on Thriftbooks, meanwhile I'll grab Witness instead. Surprisingly I feel that Belzebub's tales might get another chance to take off the shelf soon. Few years ago when I'd tried to read it, I've droped mid-half way..

Much appreciated.
Deeper Man is available for cheaper here: Deeper Man: Bennett, Blake, Anthony: 9781077845114: Amazon.com: Books

Just watched the second part of the show with Joseph Azize and found it just as enthralling as the first. As he said himself there was so much more he could have said but he had a wonderful way of explaining. What a lovely man, could have listened to him for hours. Thank you both.

Brilliant show with Joseph Azize, wow! The subject is so timely. Although these truths are timeless it is great to be witnessing this level of work on the self now with all the fireworks imploding! Thank you! New tools for my kit. Fabulous show also, as we move forward with you lads are becoming ever more incisive without making it obvious.

Had fallen a bit behind, and it was yesterday evening, Easter Sunday, that i finally sat down and watched each of the episodes (the interview) back to back. I agree, whitecoast, what an amazing interview and 'fascinating' man indeed!

Having viewed so many MindMatters shows (formally The Truth Perspective), this has to have been a highlight, and would like to add by saying that both Harrison and Elan could not have been more caring and dignified with their questions and warmth to this man, Mr. Azize. Also, Harrison had mentioned in an earlier show this very man and book on G practices, so was delighted that the interview could take place. Could also see that Mr. Azize was so receptive to it happening, too. Excellent work guys!

Mr. Azize takes the viewer through his early stages and chance meetings that would shape his life. At one point he tells of missing pieces and mentions, like a mosaic, and the C's in Laura's sessions often remind the reader of that word as one example of many shows:

@Laura
A: Progressive information. Also, system is like mosaic.
Q: (L) Does this mean that different people get different pieces of the mosaic?
A: Yes.

And Mr. Azizi received pieces of the mosacic and build a greater mosaic of understanding into the work and into the spiritual from there.

Really appreciated his talk (that works for him) in 'preparation' and setting times of self-remembering. His discussion on his teacher, Mr. Adie, who had suffered under his own cloak of hidden illness, was also quite something. Thought the question was interesting on the 'other' groups upon Mr. Azize's book release and how they might have reacted. This was dealt with politely by Mr. Azize, yet one could not help to see in his bodies movements that there was more to this that was best left unsaid. After Mr. Adie had passed on, Mr. Azize mentions his group and another (a Foundation group) merging, and this is when he stepped away to write his book as a dedication to Mr. Adie's work.

Of general autobiography's (a question) possibly influenced by Gurdjieff, thought it interesting he mentioned Hurricane Carter (remarkable).

Looking to the future work, Mr. Azize and those intimately involved on J.G. Bennett's work will also be most fascinating, I'm sure.

Without saying more of the interview, wow, and thank you so much! :flowers:

P.S. Grateful for the code via Oxford Press.

Just finished listening once to the new show: MindMatters: Epictetus: Epic Wisdom, Roman Stoic Style
Sorry if I am repeating myself but Wow! So perfectly synchronous to events of now! Thank you. The dynamic between the 3 of you is very cool and the depth of critical analysis is very comforting.
All of a sudden, some of us will not feel so bad - so not alone - for having been stubborn against all odds. Great insights to be gleamed, and I will listen to it at least once more. Somehow these qualities that 'differenciate' certain attitudes and the people behind them feel more inbred than learned. In at least that once we have the seed it just seems to grow as we face more and more pressure to lean one way or another. It makes one understand more the difference between knowing who we are compared to who we would like to believe we are, especially in these upside down times when the pressure is such that we often doubt our own beliefs.
It reinforces our faith in what some would call our lucky star, knowing that all these years we were right in being true to ourselves against all odds. I hope that it will reach a great many of us who still have doubts about out so called rigidness in belief.
If you have it let it show!
Thank you, keep the work coming a us! Ready or not!....
I found very powerful in the last part about Epictetus (or Marc Aurelius?) the idea that there is no evil. It is a foundation of other schools of thought that there are only qualities in each individual, even though many of these qualities can be disturbing or even 'destroyful'.
Brilliant show, I can't wait to watch it in the morning. After a day of practicing serious stoicism against all odds!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note that we've mostly been posting show descriptions to threads directly related to the show subject matter. For a topic less often discussed like the following though, it'll go here.

MindMatters: Why We Need Leisure, or What To Do When You Have Nothing To Do

'Idle hands are the devil's workshop,' we're told. This adage sometimes informs our mad scramble to make ends meet, quite often going non-stop and mostly living to work, with hardly a moment to see who, what and where we are in the vast context of our lives. Many of us are going nowhere fast. Though taking personal responsibility is correctly connected to paying the bills, and is crucial to any kinds of individual growth, there is another type of responsibility we have to ourselves that quite often gets lost in the shuffle in any real and valuable sense.

On this week's MindMatters we look at philosopher Josef Pieper's classic book Leisure: The Basis of Culture and use his ideas as a point of departure to discuss how we spend our free time (since, for the time being, we now seem to have so much more of it!). Among a wide range of issues connected to Pieper's thesis, we ask what we should be doing with ourselves when we're not "getting things done", and what place philosophy, art and any number of other things that culture offers have in our lives. Ultimately, the underlying question is: What may feed the life of the mind in a time and place that is quite often so mindless?

Our most recent show:

MindMatters: The Holy Grail, Comets, Earth Changes and Randall Carlson

Is the legend of the Holy Grail a warning about earth changes told in story form? Randall Carlson argues that it is - and now is the time to have this secret revealed.

We're all familiar with the story of King Arthur, the Knights of the Round Table, the legend of the Holy Grail - and the famous symbology that these narratives contain. Dozens of stories over many centuries have expanded on these ideas, and much has been written in academia about what meaning could be derived from them - their literary and cultural origins, their psycho-spiritual meaning. But one angle - perhaps the most important - has remained neglected.

This week on MindMatters we have a look at Randall Carlson's take on all these themes as they relate to cyclical catastrophism, esoteric cosmology and spiritual growth - in his series of articles on the symbolism of the Grail. Is it possible that all these long-lasting tales contained some essential truths about our reality? Were they designed to hold historical facts to be communicated in popular form, as in Gurdjieff's concept of a 'legominism'? And lastly, do they contain veiled warnings to those who would read them far into the future - as in right now? Join us as we discuss Carlson's series of articles on the topic, and more.

This show was super interesting! I do have a few questions, though.

Randall Carlson talks about metals from the comets that can have an influence on people, and you talk about microorganisms. So which one has an effect on people, metals or microorganisms? Or both?

You also talks about comets that appeared in 6th century, but the alchemy appeared in 12th. So why was there a 600 years of time lag, if the comets really had an effect on people? And why do we not have the constant effect of the falling rocks on the populations, since they are falling down all the time? On the other hand, supernova appeared in 1181, so if it had an effect on people, the effect in that case was instantaneous.

This show was super interesting! I do have a few questions, though.

Randall Carlson talks about metals from the comets that can have an influence on people, and you talk about microorganisms. So which one has an effect on people, metals or microorganisms? Or both?

He cites a study in the article series linked in the show notes about one of the platinum group metals turning DNA into a superconductor. As for microorganisms, he doesn't specify, only suggesting that perhaps they have implications for the origins of life, and perhaps other "evolutionary" processes.

You also talks about comets that appeared in 6th century, but the alchemy appeared in 12th. So why was there a 600 years of time lag, if the comets really had an effect on people?

The lag could have been just that they referenced an event from the past of which they had knowledge, to warn about events in the future. Whether or not the comets had an effect on people (i.e. of the weirder kind, and not just destruction) is unknown as far as I know.

And why do we not have the constant effect of the falling rocks on the populations, since they are falling down all the time? On the other hand, supernova appeared in 1181, so if it had an effect on people, the effect in that case was instantaneous.

Who knows. The Tunguska event seemingly had genetic effects on the life in the area, so perhaps it does have a constant effect, or perhaps only 'big ones' do.

Back
Top Bottom