New Show: MindMatters (RIP Truth Perspective)

I watched this show, and all the time at the back of my mind was Putin, he almost with a stretch (Julius Cesare) could be Putin, some of leadership characteristics, reminded me of Putin. Also made me wonder are they the characteristics that are embodied at certain times, in times of great strife, in world history, to lead the world in a a more cohesive direction.

I am reminded of this comment in a recent interview posted on RT from Maria Zakharova

And it turns out that leaders who call themselves leaders of the world aren’t really leaders. They are just chest-puffers.

I think, that comment, has a depth and breath of meaning, regarding leadership, in our world today.

Just saw the interview with Phillip Barlag, very interesting and prompted me to read his Caesar book, really full of insights albeit a bit short. He distilled some VERY good lessons from the fragments he decided to pick up. These are the Chapters in his book which can serve as guide and discussion as they read like maxims:

1. Lead with Power Not Force
  2. Lead from the Front
  3. Defy Convention
  4. Bet on Yourself
  5. Keep the Lines of Communication Open
  6. Co-opt the Power of Others
  7. Preempt your Enemies
  8. Invest in Your Power Base

Our interview with Mary Balogh is up! It's just under 2 hours and we were able to ask most of the questions posted here and included a few of the speculations from the Romantic Fiction thread. Enjoy!

MindMatters: Mary Balogh: The Meaning and Purpose of Romance

Today on MindMatters we have the pleasure of speaking with multiple New York Times bestselling author Mary Balogh. Mary is the author of over ninety historical romance novels and dozens of novellas. In this wide-ranging discussion Mary shares her thoughts on romance, her writing process, the nature of inspiration, and the meaning and purpose with which she imbues her novels. There's a reason romance is the bestselling genre of fiction, and there's a reason Mary Balogh is among the best of the best. And if you're not already a fan, tune in, and check out her books! You won't regret it.

Mary's website: marybalogh.com/
Mary on Facebook: facebook.com/AuthorMaryBalogh/
MindMatters on LBRY: lbry.tv/@MindMatters:4

Awesome show guys! Unsurprisingly, Mary seems exceptionally lovely and intelligent!

What was surprising to me was her description of her writing process and how it was nearly 100% intuitive, free-form, stream-of-consciousness, ect. Her characters are many, all of them vastly complicated, and the stories are as smooth as a perfectly iced cake. How does one improv that? Perhaps I am neither a writer nor intuitive, but it seems to me to take an incredible amount of talent to write as well as she does. She sure is gifted!

Excellent job guys! So many great questions and it was a pleasure to hear her give her answers and just listening to her talk. Right at the end she mentions how this was a different kind of interview from what she normally gets. I'm guessing that y'all went a lot deeper than most interviewers. She gave the impression that she was pondering new ideas related to her work that she hadn't really explored before. So, I hope she gained some insights as well and maybe something she writes in the future will reflect that. Who knows?

But yeah, it did not disappoint. It was everything I hoped for and more. 👍

I just want to add, it might be interesting to see how this pans out for the show. I imagine you will get a whole lot of people who will watch this that haven't seen the show before. How will they react? Will they want to know more about the odd fellows asking a lot of deep questions that at times teases the edge of non physical realities?

Last edited:
Here is Mary's post about the show.

Loved her comment on tapping into the collective consciousness - "oh definitely" she says..."I think the mind, the human mind, there is another mind, a universal mind..."

Lovely lady!

Congratulations on having such a wonderful guest that many here know through her pages.

Mary Balogh

3 hrs ·

Here is that talk/interview that I did with the three young men from MindMatters last week on YouTube. A number of you watched them talk a few weeks ago about their experiment in reading romance literature, in particular Regency romance, and more particularly my books. The discussion here was vigorous at that time. This talk is l-o-n-g. Be warned.
Today on MindMatters we have the pleasure of speaking with multiple New York Times bestselling author Mary Balogh. Mary is the author of over ninety historic...

YOUTUBE.COM

Mary Balogh: The Meaning and Purpose of Romance
Today on MindMatters we have the pleasure of speaking with multiple New York Times bestselling author Mary Balogh. Mary is the author of over ninety historic...

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...Y9-4n9r3S6u4NQ2WYi4BClBf_gHdXcadHI-Od-eXTttlw

her description of her writing process and how it was nearly 100% intuitive, free-form, stream-of-consciousness, ect. Her characters are many, all of them vastly complicated, and the stories are as smooth as a perfectly iced cake.

Loved her comment on tapping into the collective consciousness - "oh definitely" she says..."I think the mind, the human mind, there is another mind, a universal mind..."

Yes and yes!!!

I enjoyed every second of the show! She seems so kind and nice.

Great show @MindMatters! 👏
I don´t remember last time I was so excited about an interview!

I really love this interview because writers are so amazing and Mary Balogh is an excellent writer. I was thinking yesterday how good she is that I read her and all the story is "real", the characters, the dialogues, the situation, the mind of every one in the story. How this is possible it is always a mystery for me. Every writer has his or her muse surely!

It was a very good interview and very profound. You work on her without respite! jeje. Congratulations. She is a very beautiful woman, gentle and kind, she reminded me a little bit Aleta Edwards, this capacity of empathy, of love also, this knowledge of emotions and sufferance. Very beautiful to meet people like her.

Thank you thank you!

I really love this interview because writers are so amazing and Mary Balogh is an excellent writer. I was thinking yesterday how good she is that I read her and all the story is "real", the characters, the dialogues, the situation, the mind of every one in the story. How this is possible it is always a mystery for me. Every writer has his or her muse surely!

It was a very good interview and very profound. You work on her without respite! jeje. Congratulations. She is a very beautiful woman, gentle and kind, she reminded me a little bit Aleta Edwards, this capacity of empathy, of love also, this knowledge of emotions and sufferance. Very beautiful to meet people like her.

Thank you thank you!
Well said Loreta. WHO Mary Balogh really is was brought out in this interview. Imho, she seemed to enjoy doing the interview as well.
Kudos fellas, for a revealing, insightful and knowledgeable interview. I won't forget this one for a long time.

Thank you guys for this excellent show, I really enjoyed the discussion, your insightful comments, and Mary's humility and kindness. Kudos for asking great questions which made her reflect on her own writing and on topics such as the relation between Love and Truth, which I found really interesting.

This was an outstanding interview, Harrison, Elan and Adam! Kudos to you!

I, too, thought what a lovely lady Mary Balogh is. She seems kind, intelligent and was very interesting. Her stating that she believes in a higher consciousness was so great.

To me, she is just brilliant! Thank you so much, you guys, for this wonderful interview.

It was a great interview. I would like to watch the interview again, because I was not just mesmerized by what Mary Balogh had to say, but also by your facial expressions. The faces of Elan, Harrison and Adam (and Mary's too at times) just lit up and had this beautiful and soft glow to them and it was just wonderful to behold. I thought the interaction between the four of you was joyful and dynamic . That is what happens when people understand each other on a deeper level OSIT. :love:

Great job on your interview with Mary Balogh. I haven't watched it all yet, but it seems you've helped her put into words things that she didn't consider before about her own work. I've kept thinking about Collingwood's Speculum Mentis through the interview and his distinction between art and other modes of knowledge.

I smiled all throughout this interview. All your eyes were actually twinkling from time to time. It felt like a breath of fresh air. It was interesting that she felt like she was getting her information from a higher consciousness at times. I think the three of you also gave her some things to think about and ponder. I am looking forward to reading the books she writes after this interview. Also her other works. She seems a remarkable lady. I also enjoyed the little discussion of truth and love and how they connect. Thank you for this!!!

Back
Top Bottom