Newborn and Infant Health and Care

After poking around in this thread, I wanted to ask if anyone has successfully found an effective method of treating baby eczema?

My son is 4 months old in 2 days and his eczema started to erupt around 2 months. He was born from C-section. He is not vaxxed, and is breastfed. So far, we’ve tried colloidal oatmeal creams, beef tallow, Manuka honey, salt baths, baking soda baths, but it just won’t go away.

My wife’s diet usually consists of Whole Foods, no gluten, no dairy. She eats fruits, sometimes rice, potatoes and meat. Her anxiety for baby’s discomfort is starting to get to me and we really don’t want to resort to pharmaceuticals yet.

Any suggestions? I feel like I’m missing a puzzle piece here :ohboy:
Cutting out gluten solved my baby's eczema. Might there be hidden sources of gluten and dairy? Besides food, there's soaps and lotions with gluten.

My son is 4 months old in 2 days and his eczema
Try Potassium permanganate baths; that is useful for all sorts of eczema, for quicker healing of chickenpox, to reduce itching, for healing wounds, etc. It has various uses and is good to have in your home pharmacy.

Those are dark black-purple crystals that you dissolve in water; for a baby bath, it is enough just a tiny tiny amount of the crystals so the water should be very light pink.

You can buy it for nothing in any pharmacy in Europe (in Croatia it cost less than 0,50€ last time I bought it) and it´s a powerful and super cheap treatment of all sorts of issues with the skin.

1697019652459.png
1697019831591.png

That second picture is actually a bit too dark pink in color, so you literally add a couple of crystals to the bath, mix it, and add a couple more until you get the color brighter than in the photo.

Good luck and :hug: to the baby!!!

Thanks guys, I’ll look a little deeper for any hidden gluten. It seems to be weeping eczema as his skin slightly blisters and becomes water when rubbed.

I had no idea about potassium permanganet. Apparently it’s highly oxidative properties can even aid in removing pesticides from foods!

After poking around in this thread, I wanted to ask if anyone has successfully found an effective method of treating baby eczema?

My son is 4 months old in 2 days and his eczema started to erupt around 2 months. He was born from C-section. He is not vaxxed, and is breastfed. So far, we’ve tried colloidal oatmeal creams, beef tallow, Manuka honey, salt baths, baking soda baths, but it just won’t go away.

My wife’s diet usually consists of Whole Foods, no gluten, no dairy. She eats fruits, sometimes rice, potatoes and meat. Her anxiety for baby’s discomfort is starting to get to me and we really don’t want to resort to pharmaceuticals yet.

A course of zeolite (in the form of clinoptilolite) will help with eczema. A friend of mine (a 5-year-old child) had amazing results from treating a bad stage of dermatitis with zeolite. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you the exact dosage for children under 3 years old, it’s better to consult a holistic doctor...usually the course takes a month, 3g per day (diluted in 200 ml of water and divided into 3 doses half an hour before meals, stir with a plastic or wooden spoon). Increased fluid intake (from 2 liters) is recommended during the day(for adults). As an option, first the mother can try to take zeolite and through breastfeeding it may also have an effect on the baby🙏 Of course, a reliable manufacturer, organic, etc. is important.

Here are some beneficial properties of zeolite:

-Is an additional source of beneficial minerals (Calcium, magnesium, potassium) Detoxifies the body (heavy metals, pesticides, toxins)
-Helps neutralize free radicals Helps in deactivating radioactive Cesium and Strontium
-Helps maintain alkalinity blood pH from 7.35 to 7,45
-Neutralizes allergens from food and drinks
-Keeps the immune system strong
-Helps in flushing out grit and stones from the kidneys
-Helps mitigate the effects of osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis
-Helps in regulating cholesterol levels
-Helps in reducing lactic acid levels during active sports
-Helps rapid suppression of viral, bacterial and fungal infections
-Helps increase the level of serotonin (the hormone of happiness).
-Normalizes sleep

A course of probiotics may also be helpful for eczema.

In homeopathy, it is recommended to wipe eczema areas or make compresses with calendula tincture diluted in water (0.5 teaspoon per glass of water).

@skymargo yes, i am highly interested in the benefits of Zeolite. Apparently not all zeolite is the same. I’m particularly interested in this brand: Touchstone Essentials Nanosized Zeolite.

I guess some zeolite on the market already has contaminants binded to it already, rendering it pretty ineffective.. allegedly. Also apparently the nanosized zeolite allows it to pass beyond the digestive system and into the entire body.

A lot of good reviews from moms trying it out on their kids. I’m highly considering it for the wife and baby once he gets a little older.

Also considering probiotics for the baby. I just haven’t found anything worth giving him yet.

@skymargo yes, i am highly interested in the benefits of Zeolite. Apparently not all zeolite is the same. I’m particularly interested in this brand: Touchstone Essentials Nanosized Zeolite.

I guess some zeolite on the market already has contaminants binded to it already, rendering it pretty ineffective.. allegedly. Also apparently the nanosized zeolite allows it to pass beyond the digestive system and into the entire body.

A lot of good reviews from moms trying it out on their kids. I’m highly considering it for the wife and baby once he gets a little older.

Also considering probiotics for the baby. I just haven’t found anything worth giving him yet.
This liquid zeolite sounds trustworthy 👍

As for probiotics, I can recommend a probiotic for babies 0-3 years old from the Canadian manufacturer FMD, called Super Toddler’s Probiotic. This is what it looks like in Russia, maybe you can find it in your country …🙏

IMG_8622.jpeg

Hey Steph, so sorry to hear that your son is being affected by eczema, that would be very concerning and I appreciate it would be affecting you all in many ways. You have had some good suggestions from others here. I definitely second the probiotics, but I would also suggest getting a proper diagnosis/deeper insight of the root cause of the eczema.

This kind of situation can be multi-faceted and complex. Some issues are practical things you can explore and apply a remedy (of sorts) others are more 'translucent' energetically/metaphysically - harder to define / diagnose.

The first thing I think when I read your post is that being born into a world where the frequencies are the way they are at this time, and intensifying, there is the possibility that your son is very sensitive / there is great discomfort around what he is 'picking up' on.

Off the top of my head things to consider - no doubt you are looking at many of these things:

diet of mother / child
emotional state of being / anxiety / emotional imbalance of those closest to him / seeking ways to transform this
stress / hormones of the mother, direct impact on the child via breastfeeding
possible autoimmune issues / inflammation
mould toxicity - I cannot emphasise this issue enough, particular moulds are super toxic to a human being
environmental sensitivity - energy of the land, energy of others living nearby
home environment - an optimal home environment offers protection, a sense of calm, peace, harmony, security, having 'roots', familiarity, consistency, stability, creativity, inspiration etc... depending on our personal circumstances, it can be challenging to provide all of this - at the best of times!
power sources - ensure your child is not sleeping near any power source / batteries / transformers etc
EMF exposure - I feel this is very likely to affect the child so it is best to limit use of WIFI etc in your home environment/car etc, turn the WIFI/phone off or put on airplane mode when you don't need it. Do lots of earthing together in the grass, barefoot when you can in damp grass is best. Their little bodies need all the good vibes they can get (us big people too!) Use products / tools that neutralise or greatly reduce EMF.
potential irritants in products even though they 'seem clean'... consider what you wash bedding/clothing in, hygiene products, soap, any lotions applied, dyes in clothing/bedding
allergens

In terms of eczema in relation to Traditional Chinese Medicine, you might find this article helpful:
Those who have eczema are typically diagnosed as small children. Finding a treatment for eczema is crucial at this age because the itching symptoms can be so intense that they disrupt a child’s sleep cycle, eating habits, and even normal growth patterns. Traditional Chinese Medicine treatment methods have been shown to be safe, and effective for both kids and adults.

What is the Cause of Eczema from a TCM Perspective​

In Traditional Chinese Medicine, when someone is suffering from eczema it means there is an imbalance inside the body and the symptoms of eczema are the external manifestation of those internal problems.

Eczema is caused by what is known as
“dampness, heat, and wind” in the lungs which is the organ system that connects your skin to the rest of your body.

In Traditional Chinese Medicine “dampness” is the result of poor digestion and oxygen circulation. This is caused, in part, by a diet that is high in rich or fatty foods that do not allow the body to get rid of excess water. “Heat” can be caused by too much spicy or fried food in your diet or by an imbalance in your hormone levels.

This combination sets off a chain reaction inside the body which results in eczema. The dampness in the lung causes itching which then generates the heat that causes redness and inflammation. This chain reaction causes damage to the Qi (the vital energy flow that connects internal organs in the body) which hinders your body's ability to nourish the skin. As a result, the body creates “wind,” which is what causes the dryness.

One case study conducted on a child who was inflicted with eczema at just 6-months-old set out to determine if Traditional Chinese Medicine is an effective treatment for eczema. After his family had exhausted all other treatment options, they pursued treatment through Traditional Chinese Medicine and he was prescribed an herbal decoction. According to the study, “as the TCM diagnosis of this patient’s case was found to be a deficiency of the spleen function (Qi), it was imperative to tonify and strengthen the spleen in order to eliminate the retention of dampness in the skin...Concerned with the patient’s young age, the treatment approach chosen was to select traditional Chinese herbs with gentle taste and functions but yet with the potency to accomplish the desired result.” The formula was given to the infant four times per day for six months. The skin rashes gradually decreased and the patient stopped scratching his skin. By the age of 15 months, the symptoms had completely disappeared. The patient was monitored for the next six years, during which time there was no recurrence of his symptoms reported by his family.

Another Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment for eczema is acupuncture. In a study published in the Allergy Journal, allergen stimulus, such as house dust, were applied to 30 eczema patients before and after two acupuncture experiments. One group received real acupuncture treatment and the other received a placebo. After the treatment, the itch level and skin symptoms were recorded. The results showed that “the mean itch intensity was lowered significantly by 35.7 points (with a degree of accuracy of +/- 6.4) for those who received the real acupuncture.” The reduced itch index indicates that acupuncture can reduce the histamine-mediated itch.

Topical formulations with natural herbs and essential oils have also been used to help people with eczema relieve symptoms of dry, cracked and itchy skin. Dr. Wang's Herbal Rescue Balm was created after 3+ years of extensive research by a team of renowned dermatologists and herbalists, who combined their decades of clinical and research experiences from centuries of Eastern herbal tradition and the rigor of Western science. It was formulated with a set of 8 herbs that have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. The herbs were extracted and incorporated in a natural base with beeswax, shea butter, and castor and olive oils. This product is able to deliver relief to those who are struggling with eczema symptoms or topical steroid withdrawal syndrome.
You don't have to use TCM therapies, but understanding the principals can help and then using perhaps a qualified and experienced naturopath to support the organs that are struggling might help, if TCM does not feel like your 'thing'? You can apply all the creams and lotions you want to his skin / try to be more aware of diet but generally I feel the cause of something like this is much deeper. The lungs represent our ability to take in life, but they also represent grief. (have posted more info further down the post.)

This article from The National Library of Medicine has a lot of info to wade through - the extract below seemed most relevant and provide food for thought regarding skin/connection/separation/protection:
Physical attributes of one’s own skin contribute to the spiritual core concept of self and others. The skin is the largest organ of the body and provides separation and protection, touch and contact, expression and representation, maternal-infant bonding with breast feeding stimulating release of oxytocin in the brain, intimate sexual contact and frictional stimulation with release of oxytocin in the brain at climax, excretion through sweat, and temperature regulation through dilation or constriction of surface blood vessels and through evaporation from sweating. Emotional sweating changes are easily detected by electrodes through galvanic skin resistance measurements, and measurement of the galvanic skin response is an important part of “lie detector” tests.32 The skin is both the separator and the connector between self and others, and can affect spiritual intimacy with another, a spiritual leader, or a higher power. The skin projects to self and others both physical health or illness and emotional reactions and responses. Skin, hair, and nails at times may reflect inner issues of the body, emotions, psychological states, and spiritual being and meaning.9

The nervous system and the skin remain intimately connected throughout life. The more spiritually developed the person becomes, the more aware he or she is of what drives his or her life choices, and whether the ego or the soul is directing. On the physical sensation level, this occurs as molecular, biochemical, and electrical interactions between skin cells and nerve cells. On the emotional feeling level, skin blushing or pallor and warmth or coldness reflect some emotional states. On the cognitive thought level, the appearance of our skin, hair, and nails influences our thoughts and vice versa. Anzieu33 speaks of the skin ego, a psychological semipermeable membrane that separates self from other but permits interchange. On the social level, the appearance of our skin, hair, and nails influences social interactions as well as internal psychical self interactions.3436 On the spiritual level, the perception of the skin can influence the core self, relationships between people, and a person’s relationship with the Great Unknowable (also known spiritually and religiously as God, הוהי [YHVH, voiced as Adonay], Allah, Manitou, Wakan Tanka, and a multitude of other names).

There are numerous metaphors relating to skin. Sensitive people may be referred to as “thin-skinned”, while insensitive people are called “thick-skinned”. Irritation may be expressed as “he got under my skin”. These boundary metaphors sometimes include spiritual overtones.37 For example, the metaphor of shedding one’s skin like a snake can invoke an image of inner growth and transformation. All of these aspects and thoughts related to skin add to the spiritual core concept of self and others.

The skin is also associated with subtle energies, electrical charges, auras, energy meridians and points, and other features often less detected and described in Western culture.38 These can variously be seen, palpated (felt), or detected by effects produced. Acupuncture meridians have been most elaborately described in traditional Chinese medicine, but have been noted in other cultures also.

As mentioned, in terms of the lungs, in TCM they represent grief.

The lungs are responsible for taking clean, oxygen-rich air into the body, and breathing out air full of harmful carbon dioxide. They are responsible for taking in the new and letting go of the old, the constant cycle of life.

Every Organ in TCM has a partner organ. One is yin, the other yang and they work together to keep the body in balance.

The lungs are yin and their yang partner is the large intestine.

The lungs take in the new, and the large intestine releases the waste. Many breathing and bowel disorders are rooted in excess grief and sadness and excessive grieving can lead to disorders of both the lungs and the large intestine. Therefore, our abilities to accept and be open to new experiences, and to let go of things that are painful or harmful is important to both our emotional and physical well being.

With reference to the lungs/eczema link, this why I emphasise the seriousness of mould issues.
Mould can cause CIRS - Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome - triggering autoimmune issues.

Make absolutely sure your home environment has zero toxic mould.
People seriously underestimate it, as well as where it can be lurking.

This helps identify different kinds - you can also view a list by colour at the end of the article.

It is important to get bedding/mattresses/rugs/pet beds etc out in the sun regularly.
Let air circulate everywhere you can. Open up cupboards, wardrobes.
Check bathroom/kitchen/bathroom cupboards to make sure no mould is lurking, there are no leaks.
Ensure your carpets don't get damp / are hiding mould.
Check soft toys are regularly cleaned, check for mould.

One way to seriously treat mould is using cleaning vinegar first then Hydrogen Peroxide 3%,
(I always use 'food grade' so I can use it for other things)...

BUT: I recall you have dogs, so you can't use it - unless you use it when they are nowhere nearby, you treat the mould and then clean/flush the area again thoroughly with water and detergent ... making sure it dries properly.
Dogs should not come into contact with HP at all, it is highly toxic to them.

Another mould treatment (again, not good for dogs)
Clove oil prevents mould (spray once an area has been cleaned of mould) you can also use in an oil burner/atomiser in your home to treat the whole space (don't use much its very strong!). You can leave the windows in your home closed up and use an atomiser to purify the space while you are out for a few hours (all pets must be outside!). Open all the windows after to freshen the air really well before pets / people come back inside.

This article discusses dogs and clove oil. They also note that:
"Eugenol clove oil is considered safe for dogs. This essential oil is made based on an element found in clove and combining it with other ingredients. "
Still I would be careful with this and ensure the home was aired out thoroughly after using.

Again, you probably know all that about mould, and I am sounding like a nagging old grandma, but better to be sure.

Maybe some of this info helps you narrow down issues and explore others you might not have thought of.

Nothing I have mentioned is meant to be a criticism of anyone, or suggestion you guys are not 'doing enough'. Life these days in many ways is more challenging than it was when I was a parent, I have huge respect for parents and all the stress they are under - particularly given the times we are living in. Being a parent is amazing but it can also be incredibly stressful, there are so many moments where we feel we may have 'failed' our kids - either at the time or from a retrospective view, when reflecting about how the hell we all managed to survive our many trials. No matter where you are, you are always learning and children are some of our biggest and most compassionate teachers.

I hope you can identify what is going on and that your precious little man is feeling much better very soon, that you and your wife become less stressed and life brings more harmony and peace to your family in every way possible. Maybe some EE could be good for you both, or meditation, listening to some type of quiet classical music - pay attention to what your son responds to, what brightens him, what calms him. Healing comes through so many forms and sound / vibration is one of them. Do you both sing to him? (He does not care if you 'can sing' or not!) Also aromatherapy, massage, constant reassurance. A lot of babies struggle with separation anxiety. I am not sure if you have seen this quote from a session with the C's:
(L) Next question is: Is it really the case that "all is sealed" (our view of the Universe), so to speak, during the first weeks, months, or years of life?

A: More or less. Recall the discussion on imprinting. The infant needs to know that the universe is a place of creativity and abundance. That impression is formed in the first six months. For six months, the parent must respond instantly, or even anticipate the infant's needs; even the need for not being alone.
In this session there is info re children/needs from about halfway through the transcript which might help you on some level.

You are both doing an incredible job of loving this little soul, and taking amazing care of one another, I have no doubt of that. Go well and best of luck, if there is anything you need more info on I will do my best to help. I really think finding someone highly experienced in TCM or naturopathy could be a very helpful option. :hug2:

Nothing I have mentioned is meant to be a criticism of anyone, or suggestion you guys are not 'doing enough'.
Not at all! And thank you for taking the time to type all of that!

So I’ve taken some of the information some of the other members have suggested and some of my own.

We started giving him vitamin D3 carried in olive oil & a probiotic for infants carried in MCT oil. There’s so much trash out there I’m glad I found these.

We’ve also cleaned his skin with potassium permanganate and taking salt/BS baths in the evening, keeping his skin highly moisturized.

There seems to be less itchiness and scratching. I hope we’re doing ok.

I will definitely go through the list of things you provided for me and I am very thankful you took the time to be as thorough as possible. I do believe that the energies around us and in us have the capability of causing physical manifestations that may arise such as this.
Thank you as well for the C’s quote. It gives me more certainty and willpower to be there for my son whenever he needs me, no matter what. He is so precious to me and the greatest gift I could’ve ever asked for.

🥰🥰🥰 that makes my heart and face smile, that is so beautiful Steph!
Such a lovely image to brighten my day, to think of you singing to him and the light in his eyes reflecting your own. ✨Thank you!
I can feel you are both wonderful parents, it is clear you are both very committed to his nurturing/wellbeing.

Yes, when our children are out of sorts: singing, watching a mobile made out of hanging leaves of different colours move in the breeze, surrounding children with nature, bringing in a new sensory experience ie: gently stroking the fur of a pet, showing them flowers, taking them near or in water, dropping leaves in a river, playing with a cup and bucket of water in the sunlight... they are mesmerised by the flow, the way the light dances, the sound, the feel of splashing their hands in the water. Instantly their awareness shifts; the lower vibration that's bringing them down dissipates and they transform.

In a way, it's a perfect example of 'what we focus on becomes our reality'. To witness them experience the world through natural healthy curiosity, wonder, inspiration, joy - being fully present in the moment is a powerful reminder for us all. To see them have the capacity to shift their awareness so quickly from a lower vibrational experience into a higher one, also speaks volumes. Our children have the potential to reawaken the most innocent and inspired parts of ourselves - they teach us many things if we are present and paying attention.

Sounds like you are both definitely paying attention, and making progress with the eczema, that is so great to hear.
Keep up your wonderful singing Steph, he will be burbling away with you in no time, if he isn't already! 🎶🐦🌈

and you can read: "Healing Developmental Trauma How Early Trauma Affects Self-Regulation, Self-Image, and the Capacity for Relationship" by Heller and Lapierre
Yes, you do not want your child developing a “representative” of you and you don’t want child to develop the “false self” which can lead to personality disorders

For example if baby is put down to sleep you walk out baby cries this happens over and over again baby for survival creates representation

Back
Top Bottom