Newborn and Infant Health and Care

I don't know. Sorry. Hopefully someone who knows can tell us.

This makes sense to me. So instead of giving the remedy to baby directly, give the remedy to the mother and mother will pass it to baby.
My homeopath considered the infant & toddler as still being part of the mother’s energetic system till about the age of 5, so they treat the mother not the infant. Most of the oral remedies (flower essences, homeopathics) have a fair bit of alcohol to keep it preserved, so I wouldn’t be giving the little one any, even diluted.
Fennel tea was something I used a lot- it helps milk production and also aids digestion, so it helped the little one with gas as well.

My homeopath considered the infant & toddler as still being part of the mother’s energetic system till about the age of 5, so they treat the mother not the infant. Most of the oral remedies (flower essences, homeopathics) have a fair bit of alcohol to keep it preserved, so I wouldn’t be giving the little one any, even diluted.
Fennel tea was something I used a lot- it helps milk production and also aids digestion, so it helped the little one with gas as well.
Thank you!

In terms of diet, I was researching to see if there is a way to reduce gas and intestinal discomfort. It turns out even babies of breastfeeding mothers on a fully carnivore diet experience cranky, gassy episodes with their babies.

In this video, Caitlin - who is fully carnivore - mentions their newborn also experienced gas and intestinal discomfort, peaking between 6-8 weeks.

That might mean it’s a matter of time. I’ll see after 8 weeks. Every mother and every infant is different, too.

What occurred to me is a possibility that cooked food, especially over-cooked, might contribute to gas and intestinal discomfort.

Newborns and infants have an underdeveloped digestive system. Cooking denatures proteins and changes food’s molecular structure.

I eat mostly raw or lightly boiled/steamed in the mornings. My infant has less gas and intestinal discomfort.

From around 4PM, if I eat something cooked differently before, during and after, (roasted, for example), their gas and intestinal discomfort increases.

I follow a Weston A Price-style elimination diet, 80%+ paleo, and focused on animal foods, fats and nutrition.

While my newborn’s gas is not excessive or concerning, it peaks in the evenings and stops in the early night and seems to correlate with eating roasted or fried foods, or foods not raw or boiled/steamed.

This week, I will start testing eating raw and boiled/steamed only. I will continue to do some more research on this, and ask other ketovore, carnivore and paleo parents about their experiences.

Tonight, we lightly boiled beef liver and all of our dinner - instead of cooking it in high heat.

Baby seems much happier, more comfortable and less gassy this evening.

Let’s see what happens over the next few days preparing everything boiled/steamed.

My homeopath considered the infant & toddler as still being part of the mother’s energetic system till about the age of 5, so they treat the mother not the infant.

In other words:

It is better to wait until the age of 5 to give them to the infant, and give them to the mother until then?

There are not a lot of homeopaths where we are, let alone good ones. I will ask one when I come into contact with them.

In other words:

It is better to wait until the age of 5 to give them to the infant, and give them to the mother until then?

There are not a lot of homeopaths where we are, let alone good ones. I will ask one when I come into contact with them.
Yes, pretty much! It may vary from one homeopath to another, but see how you go when you find one and see what they say.

Any suggestions for postpartum shingles, chicken pox and Herpes Zoster virus?

What if both mother and infant have it? Is it possible for only infant, or only infant, to have it?

Thank you!

Look into the "windi" for gas. What an incredible invention!
What an interesting invention!

Neither gas or colic is an issue anymore it seems. It turns out hidden and in-open-sulphites and sulphates were aggravating gas and colic for everyone. Now they are gone, it's a breeze (pun intended.)

I have some fennel tea to try should it return.

Any suggestions for postpartum shingles, chicken pox and Herpes Zoster virus?

What if both mother and infant have it? Is it possible for only infant, or only infant, to have it?

Thank you!
In homeopathy, if the disease comes out through the skin, it is a good sign... otherwise, if it stays inside, it can transform into something more serious... therefore, our homeopath usually does not advise smearing any skin rashes with any suppressive agents (ointment, spray etc)... When my kids had herpes I just wipe the rashes with hydrogen peroxide and give homeopathy. My children have been taking homeopathy since approximately 1 yo and it has never let us down 🙏

When I was a young mum and hadn't found this forum yet I spent a lot of time reading on the website of the Natural Child Project. Their ideas are similar to Jean Liedloff's Continuum Concept as Arwenn described above. The articles are not too long and perfect for young parents who lack time. Perhaps begin with the following article on how to hold your baby and take it from there. Basically, it boils down to external considering in regards to our most vulnerable and smallest human beings. When we haven't been given a good role model in early childhood we have to learn all these skills on a conscious level and unlearn many other things.

Also, the romance novels portray loving couples that turn into loving parents when they get kids.

As a father of a 6 month newborn, I find the website you shared to be a godsend! Me and my spouse are reading through some of the articles, trying to discover ways to replenish her milk supply. She’s started to dry up, and we’re doing everything we can to avoid formula. We’ve already began the process of weaning, but she’s still drinking a relatively substantial amount of breast milk.

I also find this to be wonderful advice for mothers going through the aforementioned obstacle that we are currently experiencing. Fennel and milk thistle have slowly began to increase her milk production, along with other supplementation, but we’re looking for every safe and practical solution available!

As a father of a 6 month newborn, I find the website you shared to be a godsend! Me and my spouse are reading through some of the articles, trying to discover ways to replenish her milk supply. She’s started to dry up, and we’re doing everything we can to avoid formula. We’ve already began the process of weaning, but she’s still drinking a relatively substantial amount of breast milk.
If I understand it correctly, it is a question of supply and demand. :-D If your wife has already started weaning, her body will adjust and produce less milk. If she wishes baby to keep drinking breast milk then the only thing that works is to breastfeed baby more regularly, so your wife's body knows that it should produce more.That's intelligent design for you!

Have you looked into supplements for breastfeeding mums (I am not saying that you should, but it might be of help)?

The reasoning for weaning is because of our work hours… She only gets to breastfeed in early mornings and late evenings/night time, and she can only pump around once during her work day. Her milk supply has run thin so we’ve had to wean so she doesn’t drink up all of what we have left up while with the babysitter. ;-)

And yes she has begun taking fennel, milk thistle, alfalfa leaf, multivitamins and also drinking loads and loads of water.

As of me writing this, she just produced 1.5 oz more than last time, so maybe this will work. Fingers crossed!

The reasoning for weaning is because of our work hours… She only gets to breastfeed in early mornings and late evenings/night time, and she can only pump around once during her work day. Her milk supply has run thin so we’ve had to wean so she doesn’t drink up all of what we have left up while with the babysitter. ;-)

And yes she has begun taking fennel, milk thistle, alfalfa leaf, multivitamins and also drinking loads and loads of water.

As of me writing this, she just produced 1.5 oz more than last time, so maybe this will work. Fingers crossed!
For me for Brest feeding oregano and thyme herbal tea worked best of all...as for the supplements omega 3 helps much ! Also hot shower helps when you need fast increase of milk 😁

After poking around in this thread, I wanted to ask if anyone has successfully found an effective method of treating baby eczema?

My son is 4 months old in 2 days and his eczema started to erupt around 2 months. He was born from C-section. He is not vaxxed, and is breastfed. So far, we’ve tried colloidal oatmeal creams, beef tallow, Manuka honey, salt baths, baking soda baths, but it just won’t go away.

My wife’s diet usually consists of Whole Foods, no gluten, no dairy. She eats fruits, sometimes rice, potatoes and meat. Her anxiety for baby’s discomfort is starting to get to me and we really don’t want to resort to pharmaceuticals yet.

Any suggestions? I feel like I’m missing a puzzle piece here :ohboy:

After poking around in this thread, I wanted to ask if anyone has successfully found an effective method of treating baby eczema?

My son is 4 months old in 2 days and his eczema started to erupt around 2 months. He was born from C-section. He is not vaxxed, and is breastfed. So far, we’ve tried colloidal oatmeal creams, beef tallow, Manuka honey, salt baths, baking soda baths, but it just won’t go away.

My wife’s diet usually consists of Whole Foods, no gluten, no dairy. She eats fruits, sometimes rice, potatoes and meat. Her anxiety for baby’s discomfort is starting to get to me and we really don’t want to resort to pharmaceuticals yet.

Any suggestions? I feel like I’m missing a puzzle piece here :ohboy:
Put breastmilk on it. Breast milk is medicine as well as food for baby.

What does their eczema look like?

Is baby's discomfort observable? Is baby obviously distressed, or crying?

As a baby's skin develops, changes in their skin occur. It could be skin changes within the range of normal, adaptative skin development as the skin adapts to being on this big blue marble.

As you mentioned a C-section, probiotics for mum and baby might be helpful. Perhaps seeing a good homeopath might help too. Hugs!

Back
Top Bottom