●•٠· KNOW THYSELF ·٠•● [Video]

Closed Captioning has been added!
Thank you for your patience!

It was a piece of cake......................... :headbash:

Enjoy! ;)

I thought this was fantastic and after hearing your explanation of the scary face and war scenes in the beginning, I agree that they should be left in.

Well Done!!! :thup:

Ana said:
The video is being shared on Facebook, great work! :thup:

I also automatically wanted to share it on FB...I told my friends that it was "visually powerful, excellent narrative, great background music."
My husband gave me some feedback to pass on. He says that he would have liked the narrative to be slower since so many deep thoughts are being shared, especially for those unfamiliar with The Work.
That could amount to the video being only 5 minutes longer?

He liked your voice, just speak slower. He also had trouble reading the longer scrolling text--for him, it was too fast. He wanted to contemplate as he read, since the message is 'heavy/profound.'
I did not have trouble with that, and part of that is being familiar with the material presented.

.02 cents worth here! all around, it was excellent!

It would be nice to have it translated into different languages, what do you think? I can translate it into spanish!

The content is great! If it could be made slower, however (and many audio editors can drag out sound without changing pitch, which could be used to slow the tempo of the recorded narrative a bit, I think), then I think the impressions will sink in better. Being familiar with the subject, I could follow along fine, but it did not work well as positive dissociation (and it has quite a potential, I think) because one impression was replaced with the next before it could take root.

fwiw

what an amazingly put together video!!

really great work!!

Wow!!
thank you for sharing it with us!!

Good job! That is what real work looks like. Your image to narration matching were right on. Beautiful!!

SolarMother said:
Ana said:
The video is being shared on Facebook, great work! :thup:

I also automatically wanted to share it on FB...I told my friends that it was "visually powerful, excellent narrative, great background music."
My husband gave me some feedback to pass on. He says that he would have liked the narrative to be slower since so many deep thoughts are being shared, especially for those unfamiliar with The Work.
That could amount to the video being only 5 minutes longer?

He liked your voice, just speak slower. He also had trouble reading the longer scrolling text--for him, it was too fast. He wanted to contemplate as he read, since the message is 'heavy/profound.'
I did not have trouble with that, and part of that is being familiar with the material presented.

.02 cents worth here! all around, it was excellent!

Thanks, for the feedback, SolarMother and others. We wanted or needed to leave the video at 15min, because that is the maximum length allowed for a single video upload on youtube. Our intention was to address some important issues within that time frame of one video clip, otherwise it would have been two or more video parts and usually not everyone clicks on "part 2" or even "part 3". Someone else on here commented that it was too long and should be shortened and divided into smaller parts. It's hard to satisfy everyone.

Honestly, one could do a multiple hour presentation to really cover everything in depth, slowly and accurately and that still wouldn't be enough. This video was meant to make people think and if they are sincerely interested in knowing more then hopefully they will follow up by themselves on some of the material and ideas presented or check out the links in the info section. I don't think this kind of stuff can be "spoon-fed". But maybe if people really like it, they'll watch it a couple times. I understand that there is much to digest and contemplate on for someone who is new to this kind of information.

In general, for the most part, based on the feedback we've gotten so far on here, on FB and by friends, it seems most people really like it and have no problem with the narration, some even preferred the "european accent" over an american one. Most can hear it clear and fine and enjoy the way I flow with the voice and like the narration, others wanted a more "pro voice". Obviously it is not a professional project and personally I don't like much of these somewhat fake and pretentious sounding "pefect pitch" radio or movie trailer voices that one hears these days in certain documentaries or TV shows (my subjective judgment, I know). What I narrate is also what I wrote myself, so I mean it and feel it. I also didn't want to sound as if I'm "selling" something, but wanted to stay calm and balanced while giving a little accentuation here and there. But I agree that it could use improvement. There is always room for improvement. We actually thought about someone reading the part from "First Initiation" at the end of the clip (a female voice), but couldn't find anyone in our surroundings who we felt would read it and also mean it or feel it. We didn't want someone just reading it or "acting as if". It seems more powerful with the text by itself now and the music behind it.

The thing is also that de-tached and I are perfectionists to the point that we worked on details for hours most people probably won't even recognize (or maybe only recognize it when it's not there). So it was hard to even say "It's finished and done". We'd always find something else to try out, add or substract. We are our own worst critics, trust me. But at some point you just gotta let it go and I feel there is no such thing as the "perfect" end result.

We spent many hours and days (about three weeks) making this video. This is not a complaint and certainly nothing compared to the work SOTT, Laura and others on here do. It was fun and challenging (there was certainly a learning curve since we had to learn new software and use of gear as well) and it was a constant reminder and mirror for The Work and the precious times we live in. We learned a lot in the process and now from feedback as well. I know we can improve in some areas, especially in regards to the voice (which also has to do with recording techniques) and we'll be applying it on our next project.

Anyway, sorry for the extended explanation, just felt to elaborate a bit. Thanks again, the overall positive response and feedback, especially on this forum means a lot to me (and I know to de-tached as well). Fact is that this video wouldn't have happened without what I've learned (and am still learning) on here and through Laura's work. In that sense I even feel it was a group effort. So thank YOU ALL! :love:

I just hope the message gets out and we can reach and awaken more people, spread some seeds of awareness and navigate safely through this Time Of Transition. The video release seems to be in good timing with the change of SOTT and what Laura has been talking about. Obviously we started making the vid before she made the announcement, so there seems to be some nice "Synchronicity" at work here. :)

Psalehesost said:
Being familiar with the subject, I could follow along fine, but it did not work well as positive dissociation (and it has quite a potential, I think) because one impression was replaced with the next before it could take root.

Scratch that; while not optimal, I think, it did leave an impression in the emotional center, and rewatching it after just a few minutes it was much easier to focus more deeply.

Once again, the content is great - thanks for the effort and the sharing!

Wow, thanks for sharing. You guys did a great job putting together that video! :thup:

Yes, I think it's perfect, guys. I don't think anything needs to change.
Great work.

Psalehesost said:
Psalehesost said:
Being familiar with the subject, I could follow along fine, but it did not work well as positive dissociation (and it has quite a potential, I think) because one impression was replaced with the next before it could take root.

Scratch that; while not optimal, I think, it did leave an impression in the emotional center, and rewatching it after just a few minutes it was much easier to focus more deeply.

Once again, the content is great - thanks for the effort and the sharing!

I looked at the video the first time and just listened to the audio the second time. There is a lot of information it is true for a none initiated but focusing only at the voice the second time, the voice was clearer and the impression on the emotional center as strong. I think that your voice as the right tone and your accent wasn't difficult to understand for me and is well controlled. Bravo again.

Back
Top Bottom