●•٠· KNOW THYSELF ·٠•● [Video]

de-tached said:
Here's the link: https://www.yousendit.com/download/RlRvc2ZFdVUwVW52Wmc9PQ
(File download expiration date: January 13, 2011. Note- file does not contain the written quotes. Those will be posted in the transcription.)

You may have to send it back to me so I can format it for youtube SRT captioning, unless you know how to. I used the program "Subtitle Workshop" to format the text file.

Hi de-tached,

I think one cannot add subtitles to the original video in youtube unless it's your own upload. So is it better to send the srt files to you (or Spiral Out) or download the original video in some way and upload with the subtitles by ourselves ?
PS: For the 2nd method we would need a downloadable version without the English subtitles.

thank you

Spiral Out said:
Here's the transcript including the quotes if anyone wants to read it by itself or if anyone is interested to translate it for subtitles in different languages.

Wonderful! I'll translate it to spanish and then will post it here for proofreading :cool:

Mod's note: Edited to fix the quotation boxes

un chien anadolu said:
de-tached said:
(File download expiration date: January 13, 2011. Note- file does not contain the written quotes. Those will be posted in the transcription.)

You may have to send it back to me so I can format it for youtube SRT captioning, unless you know how to. I used the program "Subtitle Workshop" to format the text file.

Hi de-tached,

I think one cannot add subtitles to the original video in youtube unless it's your own upload. So is it better to send the srt files to you (or Spiral Out) or download the original video in some way and upload with the subtitles by ourselves ?
PS: For the 2nd method we would need a downloadable version without the English subtitles.

thank you

Yep, email the SRT file to us: TimeOfTransition@gmail.com and we'll upload it.
Thank you!

Laurentien said:
Pashalis said:
the video is now on SOTT: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/221040-Know-Thyself :clap:

I second that :clap:

congratulations on a job well done!
Now, here is a big NEWS FLASH!
I received feedback and questions from a friend I sent it to who is not familiar with The Work, but is open-- to me, this is a really big deal :jawdrop: and unusual, since my friends and family are still very much wanting to remain asleep and I have pulled back considerably in any efforts of outreach. Just couldn't resist sending him your video though! :cool:

It seems like a good summation of what I've been reading over the past few years, brought to life.
Fwiw, the Jung quote around 08:40 went by before I could read it. So when I viewed it the next time I saw that it was the Lew Paz quote had engaged me so that by the time I got back the Jung quote was disappearing. Possibly a photo between the 2 quotes would have given me enough time. I was confused by the video sequence around 14:25 to 14:30 where the figure appears to be dissolving and carried away to god knows where.
The video and background sounds go well together, and I like the voice doing the narration (as some noted could be a tad bit louder). I think the length is good because you've included a lot of information and it's short enough to replay easily. Overall I really like it, good work!

de-tached said:
un chien anadolu said:
de-tached said:

Hi de-tached,

thank you

Yep, email the SRT file to us: TimeOfTransition@gmail.com and we'll upload it.
Thank you!

We (Turkish translation team) translated it. I've sent the subtitle file (srt) to the email address above. I've also sent a pdf file containing the translations of the quotes. I couldn't put them into the srt file since I don't have the video and therefore couldn't achieve the proper timing. It would be good if you could put them into the subtitle text file. But if this is too much extra work for you, then it' s OK.

Thank you again

A true inspiration, thank you both. Have passed the url to many, will see what kind of feedback I get.

As well I liked this quote from Jung -

“There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” ~ Carl Gustav Jung

So many times during just basic conversation with people I get "why do you point out the negative stuff, focus on the positive" Even if I do balance an issue with both a shadow side and light side, the shadow is always picked upon and questioned.

And this

...During this time of transition there IS an awakening happening, no doubt. However, we’re also in the Age of Deception and if people don’t know themselves, they will mistake reality for illusion and illusion for reality. The term “awakening” needs to be carefully looked at, because people can “awaken” to merely another form of illusion and dream of waking up while still being asleep. On the other hand, Self-work can also easily turn into a narcissistic activity, if one is too absorbed with oneself or has no network that can give objective feedback and mirroring.

The imagery of the guru type person with young women surrounding him was classic. Have seen this so many times in the new age circles.

Thanks again and look forward to more videos.

de-tached said:
Turkish subtitles are now available!

Thank you, un chien anadolu! (and your Turkish translation team) :)

The first quote that appears by Khalil Gibran is not translated and doesn't appear as a subtitle, which is my fault because I forgot to add it to the transcript. If any translators could make a note of this, thank you! Sorry about that.
I fixed the transcript and the quote is on there now.
"The human heart cries out for help; the human soul implores us for deliverance; but we do not heed their cries, for we neither hear nor understand." ~ Khalil Gibran

Thank you for this. It was a great summary of the necessity for inner changes. I thought the beginning image was really creepy :P, but it captured an image of the horror.

The sott article that I assume this was based on has a comment by "mortars" that maybe could use a reply for clarification:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/221046-The-key-to-an-objective-worldview-is-to-know-thyself said:
Ok, no offence intended,
By: mortars

but suppose you know yourself. Yourself is constantly changing therefore your supposedly objective view of the world constantly changes. It's a cliche but there's no such thing as objectivity. Luigi Pirandello had said "That so it is , if you so believe.". Even Laura has admitted that as a team you are not always objective. I'm not always correct about the posts on my own website. I make mistakes. It's human. And even if you are objective, if you do know the truth about a specific matter how do you use it ? I mean you know the joke. Here comes Abraham and says all is God, then comes Jesus and says all is love , then comes Freud and says all is sex and then comes Einstein and says all is relative. Conclusion : Objectivity is relative therefore Objectivity=Subjectivity. I don't think I'm being unreasonable , I just used common sense.
Added: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 10:47 CST

I bolded the parts that stood out for me. I thought I would post this to benefit others if they had a misconception about this. I don't have a sott account either and I don't know how I'd word it, but I know that there is Objectivity. And relative Objectivity sounds like an oxymoron.

Spiral Out said:
de-tached said:
Turkish subtitles are now available!

Thank you, un chien anadolu! (and your Turkish translation team) :)

The first quote that appears by Khalil Gibran is not translated and doesn't appear as a subtitle, which is my fault because I forgot to add it to the transcript. If any translators could make a not of this, thank you! Sorry about that.
I fixed the transcript and the quote is on there now.
"The human heart cries out for help; the human soul implores us for deliverance; but we do not heed their cries, for we neither hear nor understand." ~ Khalil Gibran

Yeah I noticed that. No problem we can share this quote as a note where we share the link of the video (facebook etc.) :)

Back
Top Bottom