Paleo Women/Diet and Menstruation

And I am sorry Gimpy for the pain you are experimented here, and I really hope you will be able to figure out a solution. :flowers:
BTW... I hope you get better Gimpy!

Thank you. I'm at the 'hurry up and wait' stage. :-[

I'm waiting to hear on biopsy results, then it looks like a procedure needs to happen. A polyp was found, and the doc said the bleeding will not stop so long as it remains. The plan is to remove that first, then proceed with an Ablation. Meantime, I'm not to do 'anything strenuous'. The doc did say riding the recumbent bike (its stationery) was all right. I'm still not allowed to drive or go out alone.

Means there's loads of time to read. ;D

Gimpy said:
And I am sorry Gimpy for the pain you are experimented here, and I really hope you will be able to figure out a solution. :flowers:
BTW... I hope you get better Gimpy!

Thank you. I'm at the 'hurry up and wait' stage. :-[

I'm waiting to hear on biopsy results, then it looks like a procedure needs to happen. A polyp was found, and the doc said the bleeding will not stop so long as it remains. The plan is to remove that first, then proceed with an Ablation. Meantime, I'm not to do 'anything strenuous'. The doc did say riding the recumbent bike (its stationery) was all right. I'm still not allowed to drive or go out alone.

Means there's loads of time to read. ;D

That's the attitude! :D

But at least now you know what you are dealing with, and polyp removal is a small procedure of what I know. Do you know when you will have it? Also, of what I understand, bleeding stops when removing polyps. Will they wait a bit to see what happens before they proceed with an ablation?

Also, of what I understand, bleeding stops when removing polyps. Will they wait a bit to see what happens before they proceed with an ablation?

Not in this case. The uterus is thickened from the polyp, and she says it needs to be a one two punch...remove the polyp, then do the ablation. The bleeding slows down maybe half a day, then gets pretty heavy. So far I've avoided going to a hospital or having to have a transfusion, and that is what the doc is worried will happen if nothing is done.

I think that is scare mongering in part, but the fact is, I can't keep on this way. I'm losing my legs and hands, and that stinks.

Good news....the biopsy came back 'all clear', meaning nothing cancerous or otherwise odd.

I'll be seeing the doctor again tomorrow to discuss and schedule the procedure. Wish me luck! :halo:

Should she need more blood work, I'll ask for a check on Ferritin. :flowers:

Gimpy said:
Good news....the biopsy came back 'all clear', meaning nothing cancerous or otherwise odd.

I'll be seeing the doctor again tomorrow to discuss and schedule the procedure. Wish me luck! :halo:

Glad to hear it and good luck Gimpy!

Gimpy said:

:D Excellent news!

G said:

The best of luck :hug:

Mariama said:
SeekinTruth said:
Alana said:
Gimpy said:

:D Excellent news!

G said:

The best of luck :hug:

Indeed. My sentiments, as well.

And mine.

Second that. I'm glad Gimpy and wish you the best!
:hug2:

Gimpy said:

Have the date set (in two weeks), its a matter of 'taking it easy' until then. :rolleyes: :knitting:

The blood work will check ferritin levels prior. I've quit taking muscle relaxers in a bid to bring BP up, but its not working. The doc said this will improve after the procedure, and its the reason she wants me to take it easy. (BP is in the 80's/50's)

The doc warned me recovery can take a month, in my case, a bit longer with MS in the mix.

Its a relief seeing 'change in sight'. :flowers:

Gimpy said:
Gimpy said:

Have the date set (in two weeks), its a matter of 'taking it easy' until then. :rolleyes: :knitting:

The blood work will check ferritin levels prior. I've quit taking muscle relaxers in a bid to bring BP up, but its not working. The doc said this will improve after the procedure, and its the reason she wants me to take it easy. (BP is in the 80's/50's)

The doc warned me recovery can take a month, in my case, a bit longer with MS in the mix.

Its a relief seeing 'change in sight'. :flowers:

You are one gutsy lady. :clap:
Enjoy your reading!

Procedure went well yesterday. :headbanger:

Was awake and alert, able to leave in a half hour, which was a nice surprise. I'm supposed to be on bed rest, still not allowed to drive, exercise more than essential shuffling etc.

That's proving tough, as my body seems to have 'flipped a switch' and said "Hey! No more bleeding! Let's dance!" :rolleyes:

Placebo affect or not, I'll take a better view of the world over the Snarkasaurus I've been the last three months.

Yes, I'm taking it easy anyway, taking the meds as instructed, to make sure the pain cycle is broken. If I do anything, it will be to sit on the back deck in the sunshine to read with the dog. That's always good.

The surgery nurses did say that if people with food allergies or special diets need to bring a paleo or keto food in after a procedure...that scrambled eggs are excellent, sooth the stomach post-op, and can be heated in the microwave to eat. Wanted to pass that one along.

The doctor did find more polyps in process of growing, and sent the lot to the lab. She is not anticipating any issues, the ablation was done in good time, and everyone remarked the same thing: I looked better leaving the hospital than I did on arrival. (The reverse is historically true.)

The pre-op ferritin level was at 8. I doubt the doctor will ask me to take an iron supplement with the diet, preferring to let my body replenish on its own.

Aaaaand...there we are. A ray of light! Smoke em if ya got em.... :flowers: :wow: :dance:

Back
Top Bottom