Photos and videos of our amazing 2D residents

Hi Lukasz, are you also familiar with this beautiful little bird? I'm curious about the name. I also very much like the photo. šŸ™‚
Hi bjorn, this is Common Kingfisher :-) Probably the most appropriately named bird in the world.
It feeds mainly on fish, caught by diving, and has specially adapted eyes to see prey under water.

This video shows nicely the process of diving and fishing.

I was fortunate to see a Kingfisher live a number of times. Looks magnificent flying very fast and low, just above the water surface. Looks like a turquoise flash of light then.

You attached really nice photo. Here is my favourite:
1603141545731.png

Follow the butterflies šŸ¦‹

I love these butterflies, they came in their hundreds at my mother's funeral in the forest while her wish song "Smile" by Michael Jackson was playing and we all thought of her. Since that moment I have a very special relationship with butterflies. I have the feeling that they show me when I am on the right path. Thanks for the beautiful film... :love:

Hi bjorn, this is Common Kingfisher :-) Probably the most appropriately named bird in the world.
It feeds mainly on fish, caught by diving, and has specially adapted eyes to see prey under water.

This video shows nicely the process of diving and fishing.
Thank you for the information and video. I've seen videos of this amazing bird diving into the water to get a fish and it always amazes me how they can continue flying as soon as they break the surface of the water. Well, and, of course, to be able to dive into the water and catch a fish in the first place.

I took the butterfly picture this summer . It was the strangest thing, every time I took my dog for a walk big butterflys would follow us and try and land on my dog. My dog hated it and he would try to bite them. This went on for about a week. They were huge about the size of my hand and a really dark purple color. I have never seen them before. They would follow my dog around trying to land on him and he would try to bite them. Sorry for the poor quality photo.IMG_2095.JPG this is my dog . I wonder if butterflys do that to other dogs or other animals?

I took the butterfly picture this summer . It was the strangest thing, every time I took my dog for a walk big butterflys would follow us and try and land on my dog.

FWIW, this species is known as a mourning cloak in North America and the Camberwell beauty in Britain - although it's a very rare migrant here in the UK. Here's another pic -

37056228480-nymphalis-antiopa.jpg

I've never seen it myself but would dearly love to. It's gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom