Pokemon Go.

bjorn said:
[quote author= Zadius Sky]Just this morning, my boss and other co-workers were tenaciously upset that they couldn't find any creatures in their offices.

Sad, indeed.

They should place all Pokemon near an active volcano. See what happens :rolleyes:
[/quote]

bjorn,

I think your point shows the real potential of Pokemon. The players can easily be used as mere game pieces that you move around wherever the creators of the game need/want. I doubt if any of the players have a brain to even give it a thought. It's just an innocent little game. It's so cool to be playing the latest popular game. :barf:

I came across something bizarre but... seemingly glimmering with a sense of hope within the darkness of this pokemon craze.

Ironic meme pictures that promote critical thought are being posted to a facebook 'like page' called "Wokemon":

_https://www.facebook.com/wokemon/

Woke is a colloquial slang referring to someone who is awake. "So and so is woke, they don't believe the official story" etc..

...at any rate, I think it's a clever way to get young people into making deeper considerations when it comes to their favorite franchise being used by the police state to track them.

Attachments

• 13769625_1726526330951026_819194865959365593_n.jpg
    13769625_1726526330951026_819194865959365593_n.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 13776004_1726445814292411_3165075866964514373_n.jpg
    13776004_1726445814292411_3165075866964514373_n.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 286
  • 13914047_1732436990359960_3590038893379197939_o.jpg
    13914047_1732436990359960_3590038893379197939_o.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 280
[quote author= goyacobol][quote author= bjorn]They should place all Pokemon near an active volcano. See what happens :rolleyes:[/quote]

bjorn,

I think your point shows the real potential of Pokemon. The players can easily be used as mere game pieces that you move around wherever the creators of the game need/want. I doubt if any of the players have a brain to even give it a thought. It's just an innocent little game. It's so cool to be playing the latest popular game. :barf:[/quote]

I didn't gave it much thought but now that you say it.

It's scary to think how easily people through such addictions can be lured to places, missing 411 comes to mind.

Especially so since they are anchoring themselves with 4D negative energies

[quote author= Session 16 July 2016]A: Those who live in dreams give off the STS signature and allow anchoring of 4D negative energies.[/quote]

It could make it more easier to grab people? If this is somehow correct. Active volcano's are the least of their worries. But it's just speculation, from going through the transcripts the communications towers (Which Pokemon Go relies on to function) are meant for complete control. I am afraid that it's applications goes further than just 'mind control'

[quote author= zin]I came across something bizarre but... seemingly glimmering with a sense of hope within the darkness of this Pokemon craze.[/quote]

Nice find zin, shows some stunning contrasted I think.

I was once an office manager for a media production company. Still on a management/HR advice mailer which I need to disable; however this linked blog article caught my eye.

Here is what it says to do when dealing with employees and Pokemon Go:

EMPLOYEE POLICIES, HR PROFESSION, PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
SHOULD EMPLOYERS SAY NO TO POKÉMON GO?
JULY 19, 2016 MICHAEL J. O'BRIEN

By now, the Pokémon Go phenomenon has quickly swept the nation (yours truly excepted) into a fever of using smartphones and tablets to “find” and “capture” digital creatures from the Pokémon universe that virtually appear at specific locations in the real world.

(If you need any proof that it’s not just a game for kids to play, Forbes contributor Paul Tassi has been posting tips and tricks on its site for all the business world to see and use.)

Now, it may sound like an odd — or perhaps paranoid — question, given the seemingly harmless nature of the game, but could Pokémon Go actually have negative effects on employers and organizations, beyond a dip in worker productivity?

Well, of course it could, according to a few different sources.

According to the International Association of IT Asset Managers (IAITAM), fans of the game “do not include the corporate professionals who deal with Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM) designed to keep phones, tablets, and other devices secure in the workplace.”

And that’s why the group has called on corporations to ban the installation and use of Pokémon Go on both corporate-owned, business-only (COBO) phones/tablets and “bring your own device” (BYOD) phones/tablets with direct access to sensitive corporate information and accounts.

Here’s IAITAM CEO Dr. Barbara Rembiesa discussing the dangerous world that players enter when tracking down the fanciful creatures on the phones, tablets, etc.:

Frankly, the truth is that Pokémon Go is a nightmare for companies that want to keep their email and cloud-based information secure. Even with the enormous popularity of this gaming app, there are just too many questions and too many risks involved for responsible corporations to allow the game to be used on corporate-owned or BYOD devices. We already have real security concerns and expect them to become much more severe in the coming weeks.

The only safe course of action, she advises, is to bar Pokémon Go from corporate-owned phones and tablets, as well as employee-owned devices that are used to connect to sensitive corporate information.

The group outlines three of its greatest concerns when it comes to the game:

* DATA BREACHES. The original user agreements for Pokémon Go allowed Niantic to access the entire Google profile of the user, including their history, past searches and anything else associated with their Google Login ID. This has since been corrected, but for COBO devices the result was, by definition, a data breach. It is unclear of the extent of data breaches that took place prior to the changes, what happened to the information accessed, and how that information was stored and/or destroyed. Further, there is nothing that would prohibit Niantic Laboratory from once again seeking access to all or some of this information.

* RISKY KNOCKOFF COPIES. There are now reports that some versions of the Pokémon Go app available from non-official app stories may include software allowing cyber crooks to remotely control the user’s phone or tablets. Unsophisticated users may not understand that third party app providers should be avoided due to the risks involved. The online security firm Proofpoint already has detected knockoff Android copies of Pokémon Go in the wild containing a remote controlled tool (RAT) called DroidJack.

* ENCOURAGING BAD BEHAVIOR. One of the most important things for employees using COBO devices, in particular, is the need to stick with approved software and apps. Pokémon Go must be considered a “rogue download,” which is any software program downloaded onto a device that circumvents the typical purchasing and installation channels of the organization. Rather than simply banning Pokémon Go, corporations should also use this as a learning opportunity to encourage maximum employee understanding of the rationale against rogue downloads, particularly the security risks they represent.

Also lending his voice to the chorus of concern is Philippe Weiss, Chicago-based lawyer and managing director of Seyfarth Shaw at Work.

Weiss offers managers five “valuable strategies to safely manage Pokémon Go perils” at work:

Prioritize Performance over Pokémon: Start watching your employees’ timeliness and attendance with greater attention than usual in the coming weeks. Follow-up on even small delays in work/task completion while the Pokeman Go craze is upon us. – Note any employees walking around with gazes fixed on their smartphone screens (and exhibiting an accompanying semi-spaced-out demeanor). – Train your managers to know when and how to safely tell employees: “Pokemon STOP!” (And train them not to set the wrong example, themselves, by playing Pokemon Go during work time).

Train on Pokemon Go Protocols: Give security people and managers simple scripts to use when they encounter any wandering/errant players. The key is to “Respectfully Reroute” players, quickly and safely.

Patrol Possible Player Pathways (especially if you operate any outdoor facilities): Regularly check all doors, gates and access ways to unauthorized areas to confirm that they are effectively secure. (And do not leave any hazards exposed. You don’t want distracted players falling into a floorboard gap followed by a 30 foot drop to the sub-basement.)

Use the Power of Your Policies: Remind everyone at work about your electronic device policy and ask that smart phones be turned off at all meetings. Don’t cede your power to the Pokemon.

Consider the Potential Poke-Payoff: On the plus side, if your store or business is near (or is itself) a Poke Stop or Pokemon Gym, you most likely have already seen increased foot traffic. Businesses can also purchase an in-game module called a “lure” to attract Pokemon (and thus, more players/potential customers) for a 1/2 hour period. However, be ready for the possible resulting Poke-mayhem. If that happens, take steps to ensure that your own employees continue to focus on their work.

“The phenomenon is here,” Weiss notes, “but Pokeman GO need not mean that Performance STOPS!”

I've heard from my old boss that Pokemon Go has become a problem at the studio. Glad I no longer have to deal with it. Getting people to turn off their phones and stop texting during shoots was enough aggravation for me.

Today during a conversation with a Uni teacher, he mentioned that he heard students say "I'll skip the next class because there is a pokémon in <some place>". It may be that it's all they think about all day long.

mkrnhr said:
Today during a conversation with a Uni teacher, he mentioned that he heard students say "I'll skip the next class because there is a pokémon in <some place>". It may be that it's all they think about all day long.

I actually saw my lecturer get annoyed with a student who's constantly on his phone,trying to ''catch em all'' just the other day.It's so weird.The teacher was angry,but the student acted like it's a game.But these are grown men I'm talking about,not little kids.

Hindsight Man said:
I actually saw my lecturer get annoyed with a student who's constantly on his phone,trying to ''catch em all'' just the other day.It's so weird.The teacher was angry,but the student acted like it's a game.But these are grown men I'm talking about,not little kids.

That might be one aspect of the problem. In a sense, in today's society, grownups are still children in their inner world. Chasing little cartoons is childish enough in itself, but the general sense of entitlement to pleasure and entertainment, as well as that of avoiding responsibility for one's thoughts and emotions are but other symptoms of something increasingly going wrong with the growth of the individuals.

mkrnhr said:
That might be one aspect of the problem. In a sense, in today's society, grownups are still children in their inner world. Chasing little cartoons is childish enough in itself, but the general sense of entitlement to pleasure and entertainment, as well as that of avoiding responsibility for one's thoughts and emotions are but other symptoms of something increasingly going wrong with the growth of the individuals.

I'm slightly implying and in addition to what you actually meant mkrnhr, but in light of the C's:

Quote from: Session 16 July 2016
A: Those who live in dreams give off the STS signature and allow anchoring of 4D negative energies.

Couldn't anything related to interactions with the internet and the WWW be considered part of the dream? How often, or if not experienced yet, how would you (not mkrnhr but all) react when there's a power outage or the network goes down and you have no access to the internet, whether it's permanent or intermittent? I think many folk would stamp their feet for a while.

MikeJoseph82 said:
I'm slightly implying and in addition to what you actually meant mkrnhr, but in light of the C's:
Quote from: Session 16 July 2016
A: Those who live in dreams give off the STS signature and allow anchoring of 4D negative energies.
Yes, this point has been touched upon earlier in the thread and is worth considering.

MikeJoseph82 said:
Couldn't anything related to interactions with the internet and the WWW be considered part of the dream? How often, or if not experienced yet, how would you (not mkrnhr but all) react when there's a power outage or the network goes down and you have no access to the internet, whether it's permanent or intermittent? I think many folk would stamp their feet for a while.

That's a possibility to keep in mind. There would be a stamping of the feet whether the individual is addicted to the internet where it fills some void inside, or just using it as a tool. However, it's different in each case. If one uses the internet as a tool for networking and for accessing information about the real world, that's not living in a dream, it's contributing to one's knowledge. Knowledge is not accumulating facts (it's part of it though) but mainly to learn how to think, how to better understand and decode reality. Within the framework of this process, if it happens that the access to the internet tool is severed, one is at least better equipped to deal with reality and search for the truth from what was learned while the tool was available. It would be different, but it's not a reason to abandon everything and go back to passivity. One has to adapt to change and for that, it's better to be prepared to every possibility one can think of about the future, and that includes books and other activities. One of the evolutive cognitive capacities we've been losing since the neolithic revolution, which is dramatically accelerating with the modern lifestyle, is the capacity to simulate future possible scenarios and to prepare for them. It's all a matter of context, purpose, and how we use things (rather than having things use us). OSIT

Maybe also some good news: Iran becomes the first country to ban Pokemon Go over 'security concerns' and I think also Malaysia banned the app as well.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/iran-becomes-first-country-ban-pokemon-go-over-security-concerns-1574630

I think if Russia would do it, Putin would be in big trouble and everybody accusing him of censoring free media and free speech.

Gawan said:
I think if Russia would do it, Putin would be in big trouble and everybody accusing him of censoring free media and free speech.
That's what I was thinking as well. He must protect people and put some limits and at the same time be careful what to say or how to act in order not to be accused all the time.
I hope he gets full support from Russians.
And not to forget: good job Iran!

[quote author= Gawan]I think if Russia would do it, Putin would be in big trouble and everybody accusing him of censoring free media and free speech.[/quote]

The least Putin could do is to demand that the game's data servers must be located in Russia on government property. If they say no to that, you know enough. Russia is a huge market and if they refuse to comply with this simple demand they just intent to keep track of the Russian population through this game. OSIT.

Gawan said:
Maybe also some good news: Iran becomes the first country to ban Pokemon Go over 'security concerns' and I think also Malaysia banned the app as well.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/iran-becomes-first-country-ban-pokemon-go-over-security-concerns-1574630

Pokemon Go is also not available in China and South Korea because of "regulations and security issues":

_https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/05/pokemon-go-is-now-live-in-15-more-countries-in-asia-but-not-india-or-china/

Just to add, the Pokémon Go game was banned in Malaysia by the Mufti's (State heads of the Islamic religion) - for Muslims stating that it was un-Islamic. This will then in theory only apply to Muslims, which have to adhere to a separate legal system in Malaysia mostly for Civil Law (im not sure how they are going to enforce it). However the game itself was actually released in Malaysia 1 day ago

Pokemon GO-es live in Malaysia

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/08/07/pokemon-goes-live-in-malaysia-players-prefer-to-stay-indoors-than-going-out-to-catch-virtual-pets/

Mr.Cyan said:
Just to add, the Pokémon Go game was banned in Malaysia by the Mufti's (State heads of the Islamic religion) - for Muslims stating that it was un-Islamic. This will then in theory only apply to Muslims, which have to adhere to a separate legal system in Malaysia mostly for Civil Law (im not sure how they are going to enforce it). However the game itself was actually released in Malaysia 1 day ago

Pokemon GO-es live in Malaysia

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/08/07/pokemon-goes-live-in-malaysia-players-prefer-to-stay-indoors-than-going-out-to-catch-virtual-pets/

Another update from today's news - in typical Malaysian fashion :rolleyes: this is the latest statement from the mufti :

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/351463

The Federal Territories mufti's office has clarified that the popular mobile phone game Pokemon Go is not forbidden (haram) for Muslims, if it does not bring any harm.

"The word 'haram' can bring negative connotations and may be unsuitable to be used in our society, so the mufti has used the words 'perlu djiauhkan' (should be avoided)...if the game brings harm.

"This is to communicate that he very much dislikes that the Pokemon Go game is played, based on several arguments stated (in the fatwa)," the statement published on his official Facebook page reads.

The fatwa by mufti Zulkfili Mohamad al-Bakri published last Friday states that the 'Pokemon Go' game and 'Pokemon' "should be avoided...if it causes harm".

Among examples of harm listed include invasion of privacy, accidents, negligence, gadget addiction, loss of focus on reality and emotional distress from losing.

"We recommend games which develops the mind, does not lead to negligence and has no elements of nonsensical belief (khurafat)," the fatwa reads.

It was rolled out in Malaysia last week, days after Iran became the first country to ban the game, citing security concerns.

Back
Top Bottom