price of silver and gold after the dollar crashes

a for survialism in australia(my country) it can be though for those who dont know what they are doing but for those that do their is more that they will need to survie is the bush i would say more than 75% is unused land and only 20% at the most is unliveable to those who know how to survie
fact- 5 million kangroos have to be killed each year because they eat the grass that the sheep eat (there is plenty of kangroos in the bush)(the bush is the australian version of a forest we only have few actual forests the rest is the bush)

but for those in other countries it is hard for me to say how they would survie without finding a large enough large to farm but not be noticed or discovered

it is also important to be prepared to survie get some camping equipment and books on survial and stock you on abit of food and some gold/silver and you shall have a good chance of survial until it all calms down (when the country has new money, employement, plenty of food and riots have stopped)

i myself have brought a 10 kilo bag of rice for $12 and i plan on getting more just not right away leave it about a month so no one get suspicious and asks questions and i am getting new camping gear which i can use even if a crash doesnt happen and printing hard copies(paper) of hardcore natural survial info i found of the internet from camping and survial nuts just as a form of insurance

but those who are in taking this approach remeber(bad spelling) to take with you a large amount of vit C and salt because without these two or at least be able to obtain it you will die for sure. And i also suggest that you learn now how to make your own bows and arrows completely out of natural materials found in nature(including bow string) using only a knife and how to use them to hunt

atichocke who are you asking your question to me or someone else in the room and who's story do you want or are you asking for the story of this form here or the story of signs of the times

and who's nickname do you like?

the place you describe sounds great but i do not know what the Chavez regime is doing i suggest you keep an eye on them and see what happens and where it is likely to be heading. I also suggest that you take a look at several diffrent places for refugee and keep an eye on them too until you have decided where, when and if you go

immortalphoenix said:
atichocke who are you asking your question to me or someone else in the room and who's story do you want or are you asking for the story of this form here or the story of signs of the times

and who's nickname do you like?

the place you describe sounds great but i do not know what the Chavez regime is doing i suggest you keep an eye on them and see what happens and where it is likely to be heading. I also suggest that you take a look at several diffrent places for refugee and keep an eye on them too until you have decided where, when and if you go
Your nickname is nice, but I was thinking of on_strike_usaexpat , because I am in the USA, still here and participating in its work life. I wouldn't worry too much about being suspect for buying bags of rice. Go to a Chinese grocery store and buy all you want; they eat lots of rice and you can buy all the rice you could carry with nobody very interested.

I don't think that society will be completely destroyed. One lesson I got from the C's transcripts: the earth has never been without civilization as long as humans have been here.

i do not think that civilization will be destroyed i think their will be choas(maybe riot, maybe none but they will be lack and people will want what you have) for awhile and it might be safer to wait it out away from the cities and/or towns (mainly in first world countries) becausepeople will become angry and will do anything they need in order to survive.

and i thank for your compliment of my nickname

i buy it from coles supermarket because i do not (as far as i know) have a chinese grocery store near by nor do i own a car (dont want one)

Hehe...

artichoke,

I have been a Perpetual Tourist with growing Chile roots for the past 5+ years. 9-1-1 and my nearly instant questioning of what really happened changed my one year experiment of overseas living into a permanent endeavor (refer to one of my early posts on this board where a personal connection confirmed my early doubts). I am "on strike" ala Atlas Shrugged. Will not elaborate but I can say that I have legally and with design (great personal monetary sacrifice) not materially supported in any way the activities of the USG since dos mil uno (the ferocious commodity boom might unfortunately force me to make a contribution this tax year).

Chile has a pop of 16 million and supplies a significant majority of winter temperate fruits and veggies to the great USA of nearly 300 million persons. Next door and much resource richer Argentina (around 35 million in a land area close to half the continental USA) has no idea how many free range cattle roam their Pampas. That's just for starters.

Both countries are ethnically homogenous (similar to but not to the degree of the Japanese) and I feel in a real crisis, the people will pull together and the governments and militaries (given the memories of past excesses) will not compromise the dignity of the people and their constitutions to maintain the social order. Look at what happened during the recent Argentina currency collapse a couple of years ago. The military said it would not and had no interest in the matter and they stayed completely out of the shakeup in the government and the extreme economic pain. Chile IMO has more respect and concern for privacy and individual rights than the current USA can even hope to recuperate in the next two decades if ever.

This is my partial story, my POV, me, a former super patriot of the USA but now effectively a literal ex-patriot expatriate. I find Paul Craig Roberts voices many of my thoughts and feelings.

Enough of self-revelation...

Buenos Noches

on_strike_usaexpat said:
Hehe...

artichoke,

I have been a Perpetual Tourist with growing Chile roots for the past 5+ years. 9-1-1 and my nearly instant questioning of what really happened changed my one year experiment of overseas living into a permanent endeavor ...
Yeah I remember that day. We had big TV screens at work so I saw the videos of planes going into buildings over and over. When Lawrence Eagleburger came on TV, no later than mid-afternoon, and mentioned -- without giving any reasons -- that he thought al Queda had done it, I knew something was up. How could they have had any evidence so fast?

So you're gonna make over the US expat tax threshold this year eh? Do you know that no other country in the whole world taxes expat citizens on any amount of income? So if you were say Swedish living in Chile, you could make 3 million dollars taxable income as an expat and pay no Swedish income tax. What's the domestic tax rate in Chile -- hope it's not too high.

I remember that Venezuela is a great place to eat beef. After half a day in Caracas we got the hang of it and had lomito at almost every meal. And when you order fruit juice, they take some pieces of actual fruit, juice them into a cup, and hand you the cup.

I knew some Argentinians a few years ago (in the USA) and they were discussing their country's economics right after the worst of the collapse, wondering what the hell happened to their country that had been in fairly good shape only 10 years before. They're very interesting people, always fun to talk to, emotional and passionate but also clever. We plan to visit during winter (here) before too many years. The Venezuelans were fun too, but more laid-back and perhaps a bit less clever -- but then I'm comparing one native population with a different expat population of mostly students. I haven't met too many people from Chile. I guess they're happy staying in their country.

I don't think I was ever a super patriot. I had always traveled a bit (at least to Canada and Mexico) so I couldn't think that the USA was uniformly better than everyone else's country, and I was a child during the Vietnam war so I always knew the government could do evil things.

immortalphoenix I made a comment on another thread that may be relevant. I believe that production will be maintained thru whatever upheavals and wars occur. The directors of the system want it so. Life may be hard and food may be scarce in some possible outcome, but rather than going without food, workers would work 12 hours a day and then would just be able to afford it. Hm, that's happening already isn't it ... wonder if they can squeeze out 13 hours of work a day?

But then how to explain what is going on in Mexico, with the center of Mexico City and the tourism industry of Oaxaca both largely shut down by popular movements? Is this a blip or will the trend grow?

Hi, is the general consensus here, that buying gold is the good investment for the coming times? My dads giving me some money and I want to invest it, its not much but I want to have something in the future to help me and my family. Are they better investments out there and also where can I buy gold from? I live in Scotland

Jamie

hmm i am pretty surprised when i go through this topic.
Why gold and silver ?
for what purpose ?
I am thinking and thinking and cant get proper answer :/
If it comes to knowledge - how to grow vegetables etc - then yes ofc , its obvious , but gold ?
for what ?
could you guys explain ?

Gold is a way to preserve your money if the currency is suddenly worth nothing. Highly portable and maintains its value over the long term.

What's not to understand. Would you rather have pieces of paper with weird pyramids with eyes, numbers in a computer in a bank where they won't let you take it out (See Argentina) or gold?

It's not a question of gold or knowledge of growing food. It's a question of gold versus cash or stocks.

drygol said:
hmm i am pretty surprised when i go through this topic.
Why gold and silver ?
for what purpose ?
I am thinking and thinking and cant get proper answer :/
If it comes to knowledge - how to grow vegetables etc - then yes ofc , its obvious , but gold ?
for what ?
could you guys explain ?

well , i get general idea and i can agree with what you just wrote BUT , is it that much important ?
there will prolly be a moment of crash and gold/money.silver will be worthless , so thats why i am asking why bother ?
I am rather focusing on expanding knowledge/mind etc etc.
Gold/money/silver is not important because when you are in trouble others will help you just like you helped others !
STO - thats it imo , it simply underlines it all

So you're saying we live in an STO-governed world?

drygol said:
well , i get general idea and i can agree with what you just wrote BUT , is it that much important ?
there will prolly be a moment of crash and gold/money.silver will be worthless , so thats why i am asking why bother ?
Gold/money/silver is not important because when you are in trouble others will help you just like you helped others !

So you're saying we live in an STO-governed world?
nah , no way. But the point is to see that there are much people that are willing to help you when you are in trouble , and they help you just because you helped them.
What i am hitting here is , why bothering about money/gold when itll perish someday ?
I mean there are far more important things to focus on.
Thats it. Nothing more.

Ran Prieur wrote something recently which I'm trying to track down and will quote for you when I do, that supports what I think you're trying to say. He said that the problem with gold in a crash, is that it would be worth too much, can be easily stolen and would make a person either dead from someone killing them or paranoid or a killer him or herself. Whereas food can be shared to some degree and knowledge can be shared even more.

But that is the scenario of a complete and total crash. In the currency collapse scenario, without a store of value you would lose all your savings, but if you could store it in precious metals until the currency crisis was over, you could preserve what you saved.

drygol said:

Found it! http://ranprieur.com/archives/017.html

Ran Prieur said:
March 17. Yesterday a reader asked about investing for the collapse, and I posted the usual advice: Get real stuff with practical value, like land, tools, reference books, good clothing, a bicycle, and storable healthful food. Better yet, learn skills, because you can't lose them, and if possible, get out of debt, which at the very least gives you more options. Today Andrew comments that resourcefulness is more important than preserving stuff, and Ryan comments that "investment" is just a fancy word for gambling, and "the only legitimate way to make money is to do something useful." I agree!

I didn't mention gold, and that was intentional. I think buying gold is one of the worst things you can do, because, first, it has no use value, and second, it is aggressively zero-sum. Food is often shared, tools can be shared without losing their value, and skills actually grow with sharing. Even some metals, like iron and copper, can be shared by building stuff out of them to be used in common. Gold cannot be shared in any of those ways, and in practice it's not even given away without expecting something in return. Basically, gold is a pure embodiment of human selfishness. That is its use.

Now, you could say the same thing about cash and stocks and bonds. But the difference is, all of those things are less stable than gold -- in an economic collapse, they lose their value. This seems to make gold less risky than cash, but when you think it through, it makes gold more risky, because what's more dangerous in a hard crash: to be suddenly moneyless like everyone else, or to be one of the few holders of a useless, non-sharable commodity that everyone covets?

Imagine you have a store of gold coins, and you try to use one to buy a really good shovel. The shovel seller will be thinking some combination of these things: "Gold! Gold! I'm rich!" "Hey, if you have one gold coin, I bet you have a bunch more, and my brothers and I can follow you home and kill you and steal them." "I can dig holes with my shovel, but what can I use a gold coin for?" "If I accept this coin, how will I be able to spend it without the next person thinking the same things? But if I don't spend it, you know I have it, and who else knows?" This is the kind of thinking that gold carries with it. Ultimately, people with gold will either use it to set themselves up as the new elites, or they will be robbed and possibly killed by people who have the weapons and the ruthlessness to set themselves up as the new elites.

Guns differ from gold only in that they can be used for hunting. If I see the food crash becoming severe enough that hunting will be the easiest way to get meat, I will totally buy a hunting rifle. But I don't expect to ever buy a gun for self-defense. Americans fantasize about defending themselves from incompetent freelance thugs, because they've seen hundreds of movies and TV shows where the good guys have more firepower than the bad guys. But in reality, the bad guys have more firepower, because evil and power-over are mutually reinforcing. The chance that you'll encounter a poorly equipped home invader is smaller than the chance that your gun will shoot someone you know by accident, and it's also smaller than the chance that the home invader will be a military or police force that claims a monopoly on violence.

Human-targeting weapons and gold follow the same rules: they are tools of domination, and in the end, there can be only one dominator -- and in practice, the dominator is never a person but a system. Anyone who tries to use tools of domination independently will either be assimilated or crushed.
DonaldJHunt said:
Ran Prieur wrote something recently which I'm trying to track down and will quote for you when I do, that supports what I think you're trying to say. He said that the problem with gold in a crash, is that it would be worth too much, can be easily stolen and would make a person either dead from someone killing them or paranoid or a killer him or herself. Whereas food can be shared to some degree and knowledge can be shared even more.

But that is the scenario of a complete and total crash. In the currency collapse scenario, without a store of value you would lose all your savings, but if you could store it in precious metals until the currency crisis was over, you could preserve what you saved.

drygol said:

Back
Top Bottom