Psychomantium Mirrors - Past, Present, Future?

ignis.intimus said:
I am curious if there have been any updates from the Chateau crew regarding the use of psychomantiums? I am guessing not, since you all have been so busy this past year, but thought I would ask.

I have decided to move forward with experimenting with this. I will be ordering a standing mirror and cloth soon, and I did end up getting that canopy bed. Not sure exactly how I will rig up the cloth yet, but will probably drape it around the entire bed and extend it towards one wall where I will place the mirror, giving me a large dark space to operate in. I will also be getting some silk clothing, especially head wear as some small measure of protection from mind-beaming activity. Additionally I will be doing POTS beforehand as well as praying to STO for assistance and protection, as they see fit to provide it.

The thought of doing it terrifies me, always has. Even re-reading this thread and making plans for doing it has me feeling elevated and anxious. My fear intrigues me and my sense tells me there is something big in it for me, if I do it right. Hard to explain why I feel the need to, except that I do, and so I shall.

I fully expect that I will see some frightful things, at least at first. I will just have to push onward, and not let fear get the best of me. I did spirit release therapy several years ago and it wasn't pretty. The hypnotherapist seemed caught between being scared and not believing what was coming out of my mouth. In short, there were two main "entities" that came to the surface from this. There was a giant bug-thing floating above my head, that had attached itself into my head with several tentacles. It looked like a cross between a bug and a huge exposed brain, except totally alien. The other was some dragon like thing that was inside of me, a very stubborn entity. He had a name apparently, Ragnoth or something like that, can't remember what exactly. The (silly) therapist kept trying to get it to move towards the light, except it saw none. Asked why it was there, it's answer was it wanted my soul. There were also several mundane entities, things that left easily. If any of those things are still there, I intend to rid myself of them.

I have read most of Hostage to the Devil, and will finish it before I start. I found it very easy to read actually, and not at all scary. Probably because while I was expecting monsters and such, based on my own experiences, the possessed saw their resident entities as very man like. Not a particularly scary image for me. Actually, believe it or not, while I typically have bad dreams, I had only good ones on the nights I read the book.

I have also started reading Shamanism by Mircea Eliade and I think it gives some idea of what to expect. Demons are a very recurring theme, and it is necessary for the shaman to not turn tail and run from them, but face them outright.

The main and first question appears to be: Is this something I should even be attempting - do I have shamanic potential?

I think so. There are quite a few parallels in the descriptions of a shaman and myself. I was a very sensitive child, perhaps even morbidly so. Every single negative thing that was done against me I took to heart. Down to little things like teasing from my family, I took it all very personally. I have nervous system disorders, including spasms and seizures at times. Strong dissociative tendencies. Even as this has improved from diet and EE, I still feel very abnormal around people - pretty much everyone. I am simply not like most other people in some fundamental way. I visited my family for Thanksgiving and was looking through child photos when she offered that I "had terrifying eyes" as a child. She didn't really elaborate but I can remember a few times as a child looking at her and seeing this fear. I am on the way to curing myself of my chronic body pain and other issues, a hallmark for the shaman is that he becomes sick and then cures himself. A few weeks ago there were a couple deaths at my workplace. It affected me more than I thought it would. I ended up dancing, alone in my room to feel better, feeling this interesting mix of sadness and elation. Then later I sobbed like a baby in my wife's arms. I have no way of comparing my emotional state to others, but it was a pretty powerful experience.

So I have made my mind up, and will continue to inch towards actually doing it. By ordering the required materials, continuing to read, and continuing to contemplate it as I get closer and closer to actually doing it. This post is part of that, a declaration of my intention to myself and the universe. I expect my first experiments to happen before the end of the year, but I will be playing it by ear so to speak. Listening to myself and the impressions I pick up from the universe to decide when it will be right to do.

I realize this is not a game, and I am not playing around. I have a completely serious perspective on this situation, that things could turn out horribly wrong for me. I think you make the preparations you can, but there comes a point when you have a take a step that you don't know where it will lead, or if you will fall off a cliff. I will do what I can to prepare myself, and will have to rely on faith to close that gap.

Ignis, I can't even tell you how many redflags popped up from what you've written above. This idea of yours in relation to what I can tell about your mental and emotional state at the moment is REALLY DANGEROUS!

This is an exploration that needs to be relatively free of fear and anticipation and focused on open learning and understanding with a solid head on your shoulders. I can't see any of that from you in this post. If you can't handle what comes through the psychomantium what will you do then and what effect will that have on your family or anyone else in your household.

You've got enough demons on your plate to deal with without getting all Indiana Jones on us and trouncing into booby-trapped caves thinking you can handle it, when a big part of objectivity, awareness and external consideration (STO-ness) is having the ability to see what you can and cannot handle, determining what the consequences will be and above all considering others in how it will affect them. You already know at some level this is dangerous, but you're going ahead with it anyways. That is complete internal consideration and fantasy, can't you see that?

You say you are praying to STO for assistance and protection, well, Puck and Bear have already given you both, I'm adding my two cents in.

ignis.intimus said:
The main and first question appears to be: Is this something I should even be attempting [...] ?

Why not do the Work? Why not read the Psychology and Diet books for starters and network about your (health and psychological) problems?

Bear said:
Well, it looks like you have made up your mind to go ahead and experiment instead of asking for feedback from the group on whether it is even a good idea. I’ve read the books you have read, etc and know just enough to realize that doing what you are planning is in all likelihood ill advised and dangerous. At the very least I would wait for feedback on your plans before plunging headlong into it.

I was now going through this thread and it looks like he mentioned that he is going to experiment with this.
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,3482.msg313438.html#msg313438

I am very interested in volunteering in some way. A couple of weeks ago I started to think I might want to try a psychomantium. I have been mulling it over and have been leaning more and more towards yes. I am hoping to get a canopy bed in a couple of months. In the meantime, I am going to brush up on the material already available in the Wave, since it's been a few years since I have read it.

Very exciting!

Bear said:
Well, it looks like you have made up your mind to go ahead and experiment instead of asking for feedback from the group on whether it is even a good idea. I’ve read the books you have read, etc and know just enough to realize that doing what you are planning is in all likelihood ill advised and dangerous. At the very least I would wait for feedback on your plans before plunging headlong into it.

There is some nuance here. I see it as two decisions. The first is that I will do it - at some point, and relatively soon. This sharpens my mind allows me to seriously prepare myself for it, to begin the final preparations for the task. I mentioned I am not ready right this exact moment to do it, that it is still some time away. I still have the mirror and the covering to get, which takes money and time. I still have more to study, and more to contemplate. But before you can do anything, you have to first make the decision to do it. Every little step I take in this direction gets me closer and closer to actually doing it, and along the way I will strengten my resolve and belief in my self - the last point being critical. For example, once I have all the tools and setup a "mock" scenario by putting the mirror and covering where they belong, this will affect me. I know myself well enough to know that even seeing the "stage" setup, without actually doing anything further, will elicit something from me. It will make it just a little bit more real, forcing me again to revaluate what I am about to do, and ensuring that inside of myself, I know I am ready. It could happen that along the way, I feel I am not ready, but I admit I don't see that happening.

The second decision comes when I actually do it. When everything is set and ready, I will have to make the final decision to actually go through with it. That will be the big decision in all of this.

As far as asking for feedback or not, I have, in my own way. If I was closed to input I would not have said anything, and would've kept it to myself. You would be reading about this after the fact, and not before. My opinion on the matter is that when it comes to things like this, the individual choosing to go through with it must first believe in themself and make their own decision. This is not something you ask others and say, hey guys, do you think I am ready? If you have to ask, the answer is already no. Instead, I am telling you that I am and seeing what you have to say about that.

Puck said:
Hey ignis, since you sound serious about proceeding can I ask where you're at in terms of your diet and EE practice? I'm assuming your caught up with all the relevant reading regarding diet and the psychology books, if not, I'd suggest 'laying the groundwork' there before proceeding with anything esoteric.

My diet is good, although not perfect. Committing myself to this idea actually helps in that regard, as it makes things more 'life or death' in a certain sense. This is definitely not something I am taking lightly, and I want to be as prepared as possible. EE continues to be very powerful and helpful, but also still very hard as it involves pushing against the entirety of my body misalignments in order do it right. EE for some appears to be very relaxing, soothing even. For me it is conscious suffering, through and through.

Puck said:
I know I'm not mentally or psychologically equipped to 'go there' yet.

That is something we don't have in common.

Puck said:
How does your wife feel about this experiment? Have you considered how it will affect her?

I have spoken with my wife about it, and my decision to go ahead with it reflects the situation appropriately. She is aware of what I intend to do, and has read this post. If she wishes to comment I hope she does.

Turgon said:
This is an exploration that needs to be relatively free of fear and anticipation and focused on open learning and understanding with a solid head on your shoulders. I can't see any of that from you in this post. If you can't handle what comes through the psychomantium what will you do then and what effect will that have on your family or anyone else in your household.

I couldn't disagree more. If I did not fear it, it could only mean one of two things. Either it would be because I have done it before and therefore know with certainty what will happen, or because I am seriously misguided and acting flippantly. There is only one cure for my fear of looking in the mirror, and that is to actually do it.

Turgon said:
You've got enough demons on your plate to deal with without getting all Indiana Jones on us and trouncing into booby-trapped caves thinking you can handle it, when a big part of objectivity, awareness and external consideration (STO-ness) is having the ability to see what you can and cannot handle, determining what the consequences will be and above all considering others in how it will affect them. You already know at some level this is dangerous, but you're going ahead with it anyways. That is complete internal consideration and fantasy, can't you see that?

And how would one know for a fact that they are ready to handle something? Simple, you don't know until you do it. Everything else is preparation.

That I realize and admit there are inherent dangers contradicts your impression of me acting with disregard.

I am going ahead with it because it is something I have to do. When you get right down to it, it really is that simple.

Turgon said:
You say you are praying to STO for assistance and protection, well, Puck and Bear have already given you both, I'm adding my two cents in.

I appreciate the input, and am taking everything said into consideration. That doesn't mean I will necessarily agree or change my mind, although there is some possibility of that happening. I am not going to go through with it no matter what. When the moment of the 2nd decision I spoke of earlier comes, if I don't believe I can do it, I won't. However, a certain approach, a certain mindset is necessary when pursuing things like this.

Oxajil said:
Why not do the Work?

The mirror and the Work are two inseparable ideas for me.

ignis.intimus said:
The thought of doing it terrifies me, always has. Even re-reading this thread and making plans for doing it has me feeling elevated and anxious. My fear intrigues me and my sense tells me there is something big in it for me, if I do it right. Hard to explain why I feel the need to, except that I do, and so I shall.

It shouldn't be hard to explain if it's what you want to do. But its hard to explain so i wonder if it's just you that's wanting this. There's so much in what you're saying that's pointing to the fact that you're being lead to do this, you can't explain why, you're just filled with excitable feelings and you're pretty much going along with it all. To begin with you've previously had an entity attached to you that wanted your soul. Lets say that's a fact, and I don't know it is, but lets say it is, you attracted that entity. The chances are then, you'd attract a similar one again if not the same. This being saying it wants your soul doesn't sound very interested in you developing your free will, it sounds more like it's interested in degrading your will, and controlling your will - it wants your soul for its own devices. You can hand it out on a silver platter if you like, the question is though, why would you want to? In other words, what is it in you that's lacking that's needing this connection you're seeking?

To me it doesn't sound at all like an experiment, it sounds like a need you're trying to get met. Why not look at the need first, break it down, question it, find out why you have it, what purpose is it serving you? These are things to reflect on and will take time and patience. Looking after your health, building your connections to real people that actually have your interests at heart like many here, will help you achieve some of that. My opinion is doing this would be much more beneficial to you than seeking to deepen your connection to beings that don't care about you, that actually want to control you. Why not seek to deepen your connection with your wife instead, by seeking to know more about her? Why introduce and build on other relationships with beings / spirits that will just take you away from what's real in your life right now? What do you really hope to gain? I hope this helps you, because reading your statements made me concerned like others here. In the end it's your choice, even if its not entirely you driving you, you, only you make the choice, but I feel it's better to know what you might be in for than not know.

(Edit: clarity)

alkhemst said:
ignis.intimus said:

It shouldn't be hard to explain if it's what you want to do. But its hard to explain so i wonder if it's just you that's wanting this. There's so much in what you're saying that's pointing to the fact that you're being lead to do this, you can't explain why, you're just filled with excitable feelings and you're pretty much going along with it all. To begin with you've previously had an entity attached to you that wanted your soul. Lets say that's a fact, and I don't know it is, but lets say it is, you attracted that entity. The chances are then, you'd attract a similar one again if not the same. This being saying it wants your soul doesn't sound very interested in you developing your free will, it sounds more like it's interested in degrading your will, and controlling your will - it wants your soul for its own devices. You can hand it out on a silver platter if you like, the question is though, why would you want to? In other words, what is it in you that's lacking that's needing this connection you're seeking?

To me it doesn't sound at all like an experiment, it sounds like a need you're trying to get met. Why not look at the need first, break it down, question it, find out why you have it, what purpose is it serving you? These are things to reflect on and will take time and patience. Looking after your health, building your connections to real people that actually have your interests at heart like many here, will help you achieve some of that. My opinion is doing this would be much more beneficial to you than seeking to deepen your connection to beings that don't care about you, that actually want to control you. Why not seek to deepen your connection with your wife instead, by seeking to know more about her? Why introduce and build on other relationships with beings / spirits that will just take you away from what's real in your life right now? What do you really hope to gain? I hope this helps you, because reading your statements made me concerned like others here. In the end it's your choice, even if its not entirely driving by you, you make the choice, but I feel it's better to know what you might be in for than not know.

Yes, it's the flavor of how you're talking about it that is telling, ignis. In fact, I'd say you're describing a hunger and only one thing hungers for such interactions - and it ain't you. If you were engaging in a cool-headed experiment, that would be very different, and your words and your descriptions of what you "have already decided to do" would be very, very different.

They aren't. You're in the grip of a hunger and you haven't even opened the door yet... that should give you significant pause.

anart said:
Yes, it's the flavor of how you're talking about it that is telling, ignis. In fact, I'd say you're describing a hunger and only one thing hungers for such interactions - and it ain't you. If you were engaging in a cool-headed experiment, that would be very different, and your words and your descriptions of what you "have already decided to do" would be very, very different.

They aren't. You're in the grip of a hunger and you haven't even opened the door yet... that should give you significant pause.

That's what I was picking up on as well. It's not really what you're saying, but how you're saying it.

You really want to do this, you feel a strong need to do it, and this need is entirely inexplicable. Especially given what you've stated about prior attachments, you could easily be setting yourself up to get another or the same one.

ignis said:
I have spoken with my wife about it, and my decision to go ahead with it reflects the situation appropriately. She is aware of what I intend to do, and has read this post. If she wishes to comment I hope she does.

That's not really answering the question; she's totally for it? She's concerned but supportive? She's indifferent?

Hey ignis,
In the early part of my discovery of this place, I toyed with the idea of being a shaman / using a psychomantium / contacting 6D. While it can be attributed to ego hooks, an unclean machine, and relative ignorance, the main thing was that I sought to put my faith in an "external God." (I hadn't yet come out of my New Age/escapism mindset.) My understanding has grown since, and I'll say this: IMO you don't need to use a psychomantium or "pray to STO" - you just need to master your mind, and you will be squarely on the highway to 4D.

If you let some deaths at your workplace affect you, then you failed to master your mind. How can you hope to be successful in an interdimensional tryst, when you were unable to control your own Predator? You might suffer a fate worse than really bad electronic music.

I changed my mind about doing work with the psychomantium, I have no interest in doing it now. I wanted to clarify what I saw as the events leading up to this choice in the first place. It was as sequence of events that I linked together in such a way as to point in the direction I wanted them to go. That I was ready, that I had shamanic potential, and that I was special. So the events leading up to...

Back in August of this year I flipped a dune buggy in the mountains. I was driving too fast, recklessly and dangerously. I turned into a bump going down a hill and caught air. The buggy flipped around 180 degrees and landed on the drivers side where I was. I wasn't wearing my seat belt so I slammed very hard into the roll bar, hurting my left arm. I took this to be sign, that I was being selected. Turning my life around 180 degrees, and what I had read about injuries, or shoulder injuries in particular as being a sign of selection. I was left shell-shocked, and felt this way for a few days. My arm hurt pretty bad and couldn't use it normally for about a month. I was able to mostly work these issues out on my own, working through at times incredible pain; pushing through. So together I saw this has being my wake up call to become a shaman, because of the 180 degree bit, that I walked away relatively unscathed, and that I was able to work the muscles issues out myself. There was a lingering issue in my arm, and it would pop sometimes when I moved it. It's also important to note that I have long had issues with that arm, and the restrictions of movement being very stubborn and Rolfers couldn't even work on it directly with any affect.

Then on the Saturday before Thanksgiving I was stretching out and was able to pop my arm back into position. The feeling was incredible and I hopped up hooting and hollering very excited to have finally had this release. And it was a good release. Pretty much normal range of motion and movement in my arm was restored, and it even released some of the tension on my neck as well. On top of that, what I noticed (and still notice today) is that I am less neurotic. Less concerned about what people think of me, that they might be making fun of me, less fearful in social situations. I looked back and the buggy accident and saw that I came out of it better than I went in. So it was a very big deal for me, and I used it to boost my ego about my so-called capabilities.

The following Monday there was a send-off party for one of the managers at my work. This situation almost deserves a thread of it's own, but the long and short of it is that this guy was a big authoritarian. He made me nervous and scared, which was a hard pill to swallow because I liked to think myself impervious to people like him. I avoided him like the plague, and he took note of this and this bothered him I could tell. He did not respect my wish to not associate with him. I had to be very careful in the little interaction I had with him. He is also the only person at my job that made me feel like that, that nervous and uncomfortable. But then, suddenly, he was leaving the company. I decided with my recent success in popping my arm, and how (more) comfortable I was now feeling in social situations, I would attend his party. But I did it with a certain idea in mind, that I was going to one-up him, and prove to him that he should not be so quick to judge me. I pretty much just enjoyed myself for the duration, and then he was leaving and saying his good-byes. I stood up and smiled warmly and shook his hand firmly, looking unflinchingly into his eyes. I didn't "push" myself into him, didn't act intimidatingly in any way, I just looked into his eyes. After barely a moment I saw the unmistakable look of fear in his eyes, and he glanced nervously behind me where one of the few women present was seated; as if to see if she had seen his fear. I could feel his confidence deflate, and I felt like we had our own special little silent conversation there in front of everyone. I didn't feel like I did anything wrong, did not act negatively, I was just showing him there is sometimes more than meets the eye. I wished him good luck in his future and meant it sincerely. I have nothing personal against him, hold no vendetta, just glad to be rid of him. This again boosted my ego.

With the few events above, combined with a long-time need to feel special (a shaman) and my interest in mirror work, I told myself I was ready. I started winding myself up about the idea, working myself up to it. I was caught in a circular ego loop where I kept only my own counsel basically, constantly reinforcing the idea that I was ready and something big would come out of it for me. This all happened before I even posted about it. I told myself that I would listen to what was said, but at the same time, after considering everyone's replies I still kept coming up with the same idea - that I was ready. In fact, I saw it as a test of sorts. For every "no, you're not ready" that I heard, I told myself "yes you are" and saw this as some sort of testament to my will, that I could do it anyway in spite of others seeing a problem with it. I did my best to consider what people were saying, but I had hooked myself it felt like.

So that is what I see as leading up to me posting in this thread, and wanting to do mirror work. Then I read anart's comments, and they did give me pause. I did some more reading on the topic and came across a topic on this forum, where someone posted an excerpt from Laura from that Sufi book. I looked and can't find it right now, but he talked about being duped every step of the way, due to caprice and ego. Reading that caused a sinking feeling, that this was me, being duped every step of the way believing I was on the right path. It hit me pretty hard.

As it stands right now, I have lots of basics to focus on with my diet, EE, and body issues and so that's what I am focusing on. Back to basics, back to work.

Puck said:
ignis said:

That's not really answering the question; she's totally for it? She's concerned but supportive? She's indifferent?

You're right, it's not. It's being evasive.

I talked with her about it a lot, and she said she was okay with it, just that she didn't want to be here. Right before posting these comments, I asked her again about it and she said she never thought I would actually go through it. She believed that I believed that I would, but she had a intuition that I wouldn't. Looks like she was right.

Recognizing the danger of the subject is a good first step Ignis. I've been battling with my own ego, my own sense of self-importance and caprice that creeps subtly into daily interactions. Caution seems like the wiser avenue as well, from my perspective.

I'm very curious about the Psychomantium as a mechanism. It is clear there is a history of its use, lateral evidence. It is clear that the Cs have encouraged it. It is clear that something goes on in which mirrors, or other reflective surfaces, serve a special function. But whom has tried experimenting with it, hopefully under the safest of conditions, thus far? Anyone?

Also, the posts on the Casimir effect on the remarkable effect mirrors can have is just that, remarkable. Although my scientific experience in regards to photons or mirror is negligible, the article provides information that supports the idea that mirrors are very much doorways into the unknown immaterial (and more?). Simply Amazing, the thought hadn't occurred to me previous to my discovery of Laura's writing on the Psychomantium in 'Facing the Unknown'!

Wu Wei Wu said:
I'm very curious about the Psychomantium as a mechanism. It is clear there is a history of its use, lateral evidence. It is clear that the Cs have encouraged it. It is clear that something goes on in which mirrors, or other reflective surfaces, serve a special function. But whom has tried experimenting with it, hopefully under the safest of conditions, thus far? Anyone?

Not me, although I've also been curious. If the Psychomantium has been related to the Casimir effect, then I'm thinking we're talking about peeking into Don Juan's Infinity while our consciousness is still constrained within 3D perceptual boundaries. The question that comes to my mind here is: how will I hold it together if I were to lose all familiar reference points?

ATM, I'm controlling my curiosity with a bit of humor:

"Solutions nearly always come from the direction you least expect, which
means there's no point trying to look in that direction because it won't
be coming from there." -- "The Salmon of Doubt" (Douglas Adams)

:)

Buddy said:
Not me, although I've also been curious. If the Psychomantium has been related to the Casimir effect, then I'm thinking we're talking about peeking into Don Juan's Infinity while our consciousness is still constrained within 3D perceptual boundaries. The question that comes to my mind here is: how will I hold it together if I were to lose all familiar reference points?

My thoughts exactly on the Casimir effect. Although I would gander Don Juan's Infinity applies to areas beyond the Psychomantium it would be entirely fitting if this sort of process was a significant part of it.

I am curious as to why you think we'd lose all familiar reference points? I have been thinking about the psychomantium but this thought did not occur to me. If we are self remembering won't we maintain the only true reference point anyways? Or did you mean it in the sense that our assumptions about how the world operates can be 'shattered' at a whole new level?

Regardless, I have no 10x10x8 room to spare, so I too shall hold my horses. I've got plenty of reading to do first anyways. :lol:

Wu Wei Wu said:
Buddy said:

My thoughts exactly on the Casimir effect. Although I would gander Don Juan's Infinity applies to areas beyond the Psychomantium it would be entirely fitting if this sort of process was a significant part of it.

I am curious as to why you think we'd lose all familiar reference points? I have been thinking about the psychomantium but this thought did not occur to me. If we are self remembering won't we maintain the only true reference point anyways? Or did you mean it in the sense that our assumptions about how the world operates can be 'shattered' at a whole new level?

Regardless, I have no 10x10x8 room to spare, so I too shall hold my horses. I've got plenty of reading to do first anyways. :lol:
Because we are 3d(and sts to top it off) beings.

Back
Top Bottom