Psychomantium Mirrors - Past, Present, Future?

Endymion said:
Puck said:
I also picked up Hostage to the Devil

I've had a copy of Hostage to the Devil on my bookshelf for a couple of years now (at least). Five cases are described in the book. I read the first and haven't been able to read another. It's pretty harrowing stuff. It's probably irrational of me, but I had a weird feeling when reading that one case that I was opening myself to something not very nice. Fascinating though, in spite of the horror.
Not sure if you saw this post a while back. I don't think you're being irrational and if you're feeling this way, it was the right choice.

Guardian said:
The only clue I've gotten is how they tend to reminisce about how they used to dance when they were young, before I was born. I'm guessing there could be nostalgia involved, but I could be totally off?
I've seen it a few times but as with most tv shows, there wasn't enough to keep me watching. I think it's the idea of famous people doing something their not schooled in. The dances themselves can be interesting but in general, I think it basically relies on the same formula seen in most reality shows - competition and rooting for the underdog. They basically try to hook people at the beginning, I think, so that their invested in watching the rest. In addition to all this, people probably feel that this is one of the few shows the entire family can watch hence making them feel as if their making good/healthy choices. Or so I think.

truth seeker said:
Not sure if you saw this post a while back. I don't think you're being irrational and if you're feeling this way, it was the right choice.

No, I hadn't seen that post before, but it makes perfect sense to me.

Not nutty at all Meager1 :D, if you are, guess i am too because this:
Meager1 said:
[...]

And this will probably only serve to make me seem even nuttier..but there have been times while observing certain rocks or even other things, that it has occurred to me that we are living in an artificial environment here.

That all and everything we experience as "natural" is in fact an artificial construct, of which we are not aware and do not even suspect. That this entire planet and everything on it, is a kind of "artificial construction" and we have either forgotten, or never knew that, in fact it seems to have been purposely construction so that we couldn`t know, and that somehow every "material thing" was made to act as a barrier to the truth about what`s really there. At the same time there is something tangible "something" that penetrates and saturates all of this material stuff, with (information) as Laura described, but we are for the most part unaware of it because "stuff" obscures it.

And maybe that`s what "creation" really means after all. An artificial construct that has the appearance of something else altogether. And if something such as this is even a remote possibility then it would only be through our minds, and developing and understanding ourselves in way possible, that we might someday become aware, or be able to understand, or even to see that something ain`t quite what it seems here.
What you have said is exactly what i have come to realize as well. To me, it's literally like the matrix, the piercing of the veil or the unveiling is like when Neo was shot (1st matrix), but then got up again, only this time he could SEE the matrix for what it really was, then when his physical eyes were destroyed in Revolutions, he could SEE the world outside the matrix for what it was, pure information, the matrix is, but a poor imitation of reality.

As to this lizzietreid:
lizzietreid said:
All this discussion has me thinking about Plato and his theory that we are observing reality through a mirror. Perhaps this is a way to turn a mirror on a mirror and see the real image?
Very interesting association you have made, i think the mirror that we are observing reality through, IS the I/Self. It is where the outer & inner meet, and thus where perception is possible, fwiw.

Speaking of "artificial construction", there is this snippet from the Cs session.

[quote author=session 000624]
[...]
They say that our universe, which consists of everything that we do and don't know about, is a 21 trillion year old hologram.
[...]
[/quote]

Interesting information. There was one part in the Fire within I think when Don Juan and Carlos went to the river and they put a mirror and then concentrated at it and then came some entity that wanted to get in from other reality and they managed to not let him in but it almost succeeded. I remember there was in the movie Constantine, in the beginning main actor does exorcism ans traps the entity in the mirror and breaks it. More interesting thing to me was when they mentioned the symbols they encountered and showed Stonehenge, and Mayan calendar, and that third monument was from Croatia, it's called Baščanska ploča(rock), one of the oldest and most famous Croatian medieval monument from 1100 A.D. It is written in old Slavic letter that was "created" in 9-th century and is called glagolitic alphabet, and was used until 19-th century. The author of it was byzantine priest St. Constantine or Cyril that was sent by byzantine emperor Michael, along with the priest Method, to create Slavic language which the Slavs can use during the mass. Today, most scholars agree that it is much older. i never thought that this letter could trace origin from ancient times but this documentary made me think otherwise. My guess is that it was probably used like that other symbols from the time of Eden, universal symbols used through eternity.

I've had a copy of Hostage to the Devil on my bookshelf for a couple of years now (at least). Five cases are described in the book. I read the first and haven't been able to read another. It's pretty harrowing stuff. It's probably irrational of me, but I had a weird feeling when reading that one case that I was opening myself to something not very nice. Fascinating though, in spite of the horror.

I don't understand how one can open himself to that by reading the book, knowledge should protect not not knowing or escaping from it I guess, it can't be worse then the Exorcist, or can it?

Well, I can think of a few ways. One would be the encoding of nefarious messages inn the text tat the conscious mind would not notice (subliminal). Another way could be by creating a form of fear in the reader that creates doubt in one's ability to protect oneself, thereby planting a seed that grows into an opening. That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are several other ways.

Gonzo

Well, I can think of a few ways. One would be the encoding of nefarious messages inn the text tat the conscious mind would not notice (subliminal). Another way could be by creating a form of fear in the reader that creates doubt in one's ability to protect oneself, thereby planting a seed that grows into an opening. That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are several other ways.

Thanks for clarification but I think it depends on some other factors that need to be in place that above mentioned could take place - like believing in lies and having STS orientation, right genetics so the intruder can get in.

Just lack of sufficient knowledge and unhealed emotional traumas would suffice.

Gonzo

Edit: typo

Just finished reading this thread, interesting stuff. Reminded me when I was little, my parents used to have a dressing table where the side mirrors fold inwards. I used to look at my reflections by putting the mirrors in parallel, and seeing an endless reflection of my head as it tapered off into the distance. Didn't see anything unusual, but the idea that one of my reflections was not me always creeped me out. Kids :rolleyes:

dannybananny said:

Thanks for clarification but I think it depends on some other factors that need to be in place that above mentioned could take place - like believing in lies and having STS orientation, right genetics so the intruder can get in.

Hey DannyBanany.

We are all of Sts Orientation, it's just that we are STO Candidates... I also have the book and have not had the guts to start reading it. I happen to have a very active imagination and all that stuff just scares the :ninja: out of me...Parden my french.

The reference at the beginning of the video made me remember these golden hats, maybe at the origin of the "wizard hat": _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hat

I am curious if there have been any updates from the Chateau crew regarding the use of psychomantiums? I am guessing not, since you all have been so busy this past year, but thought I would ask.

I have decided to move forward with experimenting with this. I will be ordering a standing mirror and cloth soon, and I did end up getting that canopy bed. Not sure exactly how I will rig up the cloth yet, but will probably drape it around the entire bed and extend it towards one wall where I will place the mirror, giving me a large dark space to operate in. I will also be getting some silk clothing, especially head wear as some small measure of protection from mind-beaming activity. Additionally I will be doing POTS beforehand as well as praying to STO for assistance and protection, as they see fit to provide it.

The thought of doing it terrifies me, always has. Even re-reading this thread and making plans for doing it has me feeling elevated and anxious. My fear intrigues me and my sense tells me there is something big in it for me, if I do it right. Hard to explain why I feel the need to, except that I do, and so I shall.

I fully expect that I will see some frightful things, at least at first. I will just have to push onward, and not let fear get the best of me. I did spirit release therapy several years ago and it wasn't pretty. The hypnotherapist seemed caught between being scared and not believing what was coming out of my mouth. In short, there were two main "entities" that came to the surface from this. There was a giant bug-thing floating above my head, that had attached itself into my head with several tentacles. It looked like a cross between a bug and a huge exposed brain, except totally alien. The other was some dragon like thing that was inside of me, a very stubborn entity. He had a name apparently, Ragnoth or something like that, can't remember what exactly. The (silly) therapist kept trying to get it to move towards the light, except it saw none. Asked why it was there, it's answer was it wanted my soul. There were also several mundane entities, things that left easily. If any of those things are still there, I intend to rid myself of them.

I have read most of Hostage to the Devil, and will finish it before I start. I found it very easy to read actually, and not at all scary. Probably because while I was expecting monsters and such, based on my own experiences, the possessed saw their resident entities as very man like. Not a particularly scary image for me. Actually, believe it or not, while I typically have bad dreams, I had only good ones on the nights I read the book.

I have also started reading Shamanism by Mircea Eliade and I think it gives some idea of what to expect. Demons are a very recurring theme, and it is necessary for the shaman to not turn tail and run from them, but face them outright.

The main and first question appears to be: Is this something I should even be attempting - do I have shamanic potential?

I think so. There are quite a few parallels in the descriptions of a shaman and myself. I was a very sensitive child, perhaps even morbidly so. Every single negative thing that was done against me I took to heart. Down to little things like teasing from my family, I took it all very personally. I have nervous system disorders, including spasms and seizures at times. Strong dissociative tendencies. Even as this has improved from diet and EE, I still feel very abnormal around people - pretty much everyone. I am simply not like most other people in some fundamental way. I visited my family for Thanksgiving and was looking through child photos when she offered that I "had terrifying eyes" as a child. She didn't really elaborate but I can remember a few times as a child looking at her and seeing this fear. I am on the way to curing myself of my chronic body pain and other issues, a hallmark for the shaman is that he becomes sick and then cures himself. A few weeks ago there were a couple deaths at my workplace. It affected me more than I thought it would. I ended up dancing, alone in my room to feel better, feeling this interesting mix of sadness and elation. Then later I sobbed like a baby in my wife's arms. I have no way of comparing my emotional state to others, but it was a pretty powerful experience.

So I have made my mind up, and will continue to inch towards actually doing it. By ordering the required materials, continuing to read, and continuing to contemplate it as I get closer and closer to actually doing it. This post is part of that, a declaration of my intention to myself and the universe. I expect my first experiments to happen before the end of the year, but I will be playing it by ear so to speak. Listening to myself and the impressions I pick up from the universe to decide when it will be right to do.

I realize this is not a game, and I am not playing around. I have a completely serious perspective on this situation, that things could turn out horribly wrong for me. I think you make the preparations you can, but there comes a point when you have a take a step that you don't know where it will lead, or if you will fall off a cliff. I will do what I can to prepare myself, and will have to rely on faith to close that gap.

Well, it looks like you have made up your mind to go ahead and experiment instead of asking for feedback from the group on whether it is even a good idea. I’ve read the books you have read, etc and know just enough to realize that doing what you are planning is in all likelihood ill advised and dangerous. At the very least I would wait for feedback on your plans before plunging headlong into it.

Hey ignis, since you sound serious about proceeding can I ask where you're at in terms of your diet and EE practice? I'm assuming your caught up with all the relevant reading regarding diet and the psychology books, if not, I'd suggest 'laying the groundwork' there before proceeding with anything esoteric.

Like you, I've had odd sensations around other people, 'felt different' my entire life, cured myself of ills and while the idea of doing something esoteric, like playing with a psychomantium is intriguing, I know I'm not mentally or psychologically equipped to 'go there' yet.

If I were in your shoes, I'd think about more down-to-earth methods of engaging in the Work. Just from the vibe of what you've written I'm getting impressions of self-indulgence, 'dreaming your awake' so to speak.

How does your wife feel about this experiment? Have you considered how it will affect her?

Back
Top Bottom