Psychomantium Mirrors - Past, Present, Future?

Wu Wei Wu said:
I am curious as to why you think we'd lose all familiar reference points? I have been thinking about the psychomantium but this thought did not occur to me. If we are self remembering won't we maintain the only true reference point anyways? Or did you mean it in the sense that our assumptions about how the world operates can be 'shattered' at a whole new level?
clerck de bonk said:
Because we are 3d(and sts to top it off) beings.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Granted, "the unknown" comes before "Infinity" in Don Juan's terminology, but once into the unknown, how could one know where Unknown stops and Infinity begins? :)

Besides, Don Juan admitted that all his "lessons" were mere attention traps. Only one thing matters to a warrior--loosening and moving the assemblage point in order to See for himself. For that to happen though, automatic internal dialog has to stop, so that self-image can stop being reinforced (via perpetual self-reflection), so that self-importance can be severely curtailed, so that the possibility of gaining and benefiting from a new perspective can even become possible. In modern terms, that reads like the purpose that our basic recommended psychology material and networking serves.

Touche, I see what you mean. The difference between 0 and infinity would leave one without reference points, indeed.

Buddy I can't say I've read all that much Castaneda yet, to my loss. I will read more of the recommended psychology material to get a better grip on what your saying, because I think I'm missing something.

Wu Wei Wu said:
Buddy I can't say I've read all that much Castaneda yet, to my loss.

Well, ATM, there's only two books in the 'other esoterica' category: Active Side of Infinity and The Fire From Within, but, to me, they are awesome...especially the latter.

Wu Wei Wu said:
I will read more of the recommended psychology material to get a better grip on what your saying, because I think I'm missing something.

Well, we are definitely not who we think we are--even from the point of view of our cognitive science section. Seems our system 2 is an impressive confabulator!

Re: The Psychomantium

Hello,
I just built a psychomantium and have been experimenting with it for the past few weeks. I have not yet seen anything in the mirror, but while sitting in the tent I feel quite peaceful, the atmosphere feels very serene. I was just wondering if it is better to think of one question while sitting and concentrating on that particular question, or is it better to just have a blank mind. I tried meditating with a particular question and also I tried meditating with an open mind. I am using a mirror.

Your feedback will be appreciated. By the way, I hope everyone is having a great holiday. It is already 6pm here in Calgary, but I had my dinner yesterday, we follow a European tradition. Canadian families are having their dinner just about now. I wish I was invited to one of those, I could handle one more dinner full of goodies. I have a confession to make, I seriously did try to stay away from my mom's cookies but could not. I am a weak soul, I know. I will get back to my healthy eating tomorrow, I hope, or monday the latest.

Enjoy your dinners tonight. And don't forget to be extra nice to your members of your families, especially to those difficult one. A few shots of Metaxa will do the trick. It sure helped me be nice to my sister.
So... did you see something ?

So... did you see something ?
You may not have noticed but Mona's post was from December 26, 2009 i.e. almost 13 years ago. Moreover, she hasn't been active on the forum since Augustus 28, 2011 or more than 11 years. Therefore, it seems very unlikely that you would get an answer from her now.

Would you have read (or at least skimmed) the whole thread you would've known that the ensuing discussion strongly discouraged the use of a psychomantium for a variety of reasons and that Mona gradually collapsed under the pressure.

Laura posted a link to a video that still is available for watching, giving a scientific insight into the mechanisms and dangers of viewing beyond the scope of normal reality. Have a look:

Video - 43:57 min.

You may not have noticed but Mona's post was from December 26, 2009 i.e. almost 13 years ago. Moreover, she hasn't been active on the forum since Augustus 28, 2011 or more than 11 years. Therefore, it seems very unlikely that you would get an answer from her now.

Would you have read (or at least skimmed) the whole thread you would've known that the ensuing discussion strongly discouraged the use of a psychomantium for a variety of reasons and that Mona gradually collapsed under the pressure.

Laura posted a link to a video that still is available for watching, giving a scientific insight into the mechanisms and dangers of viewing beyond the scope of normal reality. Have a look:

Video - 43:57 min.

Thank you for the link, i'm gonna try it in my basement when i'll have some time. :clap:

Hello there (i mean, in this thread :clap: :wow:)

While searching on ebay i found this thing to sell, a kind of portable/personal sauna that could well fit for a psychomantium, not much expensive for the job (186$)

BTW, i take the opportunity to say that in one book series, Demon's War Saga from R.A. Salvatore (at least the 3 first tomes/trilogy, there seem there was others), the hero, Elbryan, is used to find a dark room and get out his mirror and stay in front if it to perceive insights and help from his ancestors. If you hesitate for your next book i will only say one thing about : i enjoyed this saga better than the lord of the rings, it's my number one in heroic fantasy, LotR is just in 2nd step.

Edit : i wonder if using an HBOT chamber that you would cover well, with a small portable light + a mirror could be a possible alternative allowing to mix HBOT sessions with the searched "psychomantium" function ? Maybe easier in a bigger chamber and not a lying one, like the ones dedicated for wheelchairs ... dunno, but as these 2 topics consume a lot of time, why not trying to couple them (?)

Last edited:
Here’s a documentary about the use of the psychomantium (and its construction) by Oracles of the Dead in Ancient Greece (perhaps this is what Cs referred to as referring Latin works?) -

I think the use of a device such as psychomantium is a pretty good hypothesis for explaining the predictive power of these Oracles, that is, they could communicate with the dead or see possible futures in mirrors/pools of water in dark underground caverns. Perhaps these were used in mystery groups as well in the ancient times.

A: Time to consider construction of psychomantium.

Q: (Laura) What is a 'psychomantium?'

A: Use Latin knowledge. {Group discusses possible definitions}

Q: (Laura) Is that it? Something that's in your mind?

A: No.

Q: (Laura) Is it something that you use your mind to direct or control or power?

A: Chamber for viewing other realms, possible futures and entities residing in other densities. Need clear depth... such as large polished mirror on stand, which can be adjusted as to angle... walls must be completely covered in black, so as to eliminate reflection... soft, low, indirect lighting.

Q: (Laura) Wasn't it Dr. Moody that did the life-after-death thing? (Terry) He's got a room with the mirror with the balck velour walls and the comfortable chair that you can look in the mirror without seeing yourself...

A: Yes, and it is real and it works. In the clear depths, you can even see us, on occasion!

Q: (Laura) Didn't we ask once about what this guy was doing, having people staring into a mirror, that it was opening them up to attachment, and was that not confirmed?

A: Attachment is merely a function born from a lack of knowledge... something you have enough of now so as not to worry.

Q: (Terry) This psychomantium, isn't it in essence a way of opening up a doorway to other realities and other levels and densities?

A: Yes.

Q: (Terry) Is that something you really want to do?

Q: (Terry) Why?

A: Because you are ready now... and besides, what do you think you are doing here?!?

Q: (Laura) Is it a doorway that can be as Castaneda described it, where something can walk in, or walk out?

A: Possible... but... if you recall, what was the missing factor with Castaneda's story?

Q: (Laura) He didn't have knowledge. Is that it?

A: Not enough.

Q: (Laura) Is this something that can or ought to be done as a group, or singly... what's the deal?

A: Both.

Q: (Terry) So we're going to really construct one of those here? (Laura) Do we really want to do this at this house? Don't we want to buy something out in the country, where people won't be watching our bizarre behavior? (Terry) It doesn't really matter, we're watching everybody else's bizarre behavior, how bizarre can it be?

A: They won't watch, unless you invite them in.

Q: (Laura) Ok, we've got all of these little things that need to be done; we've got a hole in the cellar that needs to be dug, that's still sitting there, we've got a pool that's supposed to be built, now we're supposed to build a psychomantium.

A: This is not a daunting or costly project... materials: felt of the type you used for your charts, mirror and soft light, or candles. {Terry describes a portable version that can be set up when using, and taken down when not needed.}

Q: (Laura) Is this basically the way that it is done, as Terry has described it?

Q: (Laura) How long is it necessary to sit and stare into the mirror before one experiences...

A: Varies, but not long.

Q: (Terry) It's going to vary from person to person... (Laura) OK, what advantage is there to using a psychomantium to using the board, I mean, is it going to replace the board?

A: No. Visualizations clarify and unite images.

Q: (Laura) Ok, what images would we wish, or would be suggested to unite and clarify, and particularly in the term unite? You've used the term 'unite' on a number of occasions, and in unusual ways.

A: Anything and everything in transcripts, for example... and all else.

Q: (Laura) Okay, so we would be able to see all of the things told about in the transcripts. Would we also be able to, by seeing a 4th density reality, be able to generate some sort of unification between ourselves, in some sense, and this new reality ?

Q: (Laura) Is this part of the way and means of bonding oneself to 4th density reality.

A: Helps.

Q: (Laura) Can one also use this to visit other parts of the globe in real time?

Q: (Terry) Visit the past and the future?

Q: (Terry) There's other things on the other side. Can they come through?

A: Only if used ignorantly.

Q: (Laura) Is it the mental blocking technique that we are familiar with what prevents entry of something else?

A: Close.

The construction that Cs describe is pretty similar to the one above in Moody’s video. I do think that it should be possible to explore the use of psychomantium in a safe manner that could really add to understanding of advanced concepts in the transcripts such as those about higher densities and beings. Moreover it is something that can be easily constructed and tested without the need for heavy financial investment or some other lost knowledge such as might have been used for construction of the pyramids or the Stonehenge.

While doing some research about light flicker, I remembered that the C's mentioned something about it in relation with psychomantium, so I went to search for it and found this:

Q: (L) Now, let me demonstrate. When I use the psychomantium, I arrange things this way... [demonstrates]. I have tried it with this little lamp, and with candles on the floor under the angle of the mirror. I can't see the light, but the illumination is there. Now, which of these two light sources is best?

A: Candles. But place properly.

Q: (L) Okay, if I am here, and the mirror is there, where should I place them and how many?

A: 5 and behind and above.

Q: (L) So, I need them behind me?

Q: (L) How high above me?

A: Just above.

Q: (L) So, I have to have a stand or a tall candleabra. What angle should the mirror be tilted?

A: 12 degrees.

Q: (L) Five candles are a lot of candles. And I'm supposed to look up and to the left.

A: The flicker is a key here.

Session 30 May 1998

So the flicker is a key and also a non-anticipation. Well, this is exactly what flicker can produce in a mind of human beings - a sort of passive state of mind. Now, usually that is a bad thing, especially if you watch a TV all day long. But in this case, it might be a good thing. Perhaps you need to have some kind of relaxed and passive state of mind to use a psychomantium, which can be induced by light flicker?

But what kind of flicker? What frequency?

Well, there are some studies about that. Such as this one: Human EEG responses to 1–100 Hz flicker: resonance phenomena in visual cortex and their potential correlation to cognitive phenomena - Experimental Brain Research

Or this one: 40 Hz Light Flickering Promotes Sleep through Cortical Adenosine Signaling

The frequencies which are most interesting to scientists are 10, 20, 40 and 80 Hz. Other parameters, such as wavelength (color), intensity, and duty cycle also play a role. It's interesting to see that certain frequencies produce certain effects which adjacent frequencies cannot.

But which one would be the most appropriate for psychomantium? Perhaps you could experiment with that, or just ask the C's.

It's interesting that the C's suggested flicker from indirect light, because the scientists always use a direct light in their experiments. But we know that indirect light is more pleasant than direct light, so perhaps an indirect flicker would be more pleasant that direct flicker and hence produce better effects?

Q: What are we supposed to do? Have a whole complete room for it?

A: That is how it is generally done. Just ask Michel de Notredame.

Session 31 October 1998

Of course, Nostradamus couldn't have possibly used the light with the exact control of frequencies, like we do, so how did he do it?

Well, apparently, you can do it with candles, if you know how. And some people experimented with it.

Kitahata et al. pointed out that the flame of a single candle oscillator would flicker periodically when it consists of no less than 3 candles. Otherwise, it maintains stable combustion. Thus, the origin of the oscillation and the impact of the number of candles in an oscillator deserve detailed investigation.

For a single candle, the flame does not exhibit visible oscillation and remains stable; for a group of 2 candles, the brightness of the flame increases slightly and the flame exhibits tiny fluctuation at times, yet neither regularly nor obviously. For the group consisting of more than 3 candles, the flame exhibits regular oscillation which has more or less stable amplitude and frequency.

When the number is less than 3, the flames remain stable yet non-periodic. When the number is equal to or greater than 3, oscillation appears and the frequency monotonically decreases as the number increases. Moreover, the frequency remains in the range of 10–12 Hz.

Kitahata et al. found that two flame oscillators exhibited the in-phase synchronization when the distance between them is between 20 mm and 30 mm and the anti-phase synchronization for the distance between 30 mm and 48 mm.

So the C's recommended 5 candles. But what should be the distance between the flames, and what kind of arrangement?

I made an OCR version of the above text:

How to Build Your Own Psychomanteum

After reading about this procedure, many people want to try it for themselves. If you fit into that category, here are basic instructions for evoking spirits of the deceased by mirror gazing. The first thing to remember is that there is no exact formula. But a relaxed frame of mind helps facilitate experiences like this.

You will need to prepare a space in which to encounter the spirits of this deceased. Choose a room that you are able to darken by closing the door, lowering the shades, or drawing the curtains. A walk-in closet works fine. Mount a mirror on the wall high enough so that you cannot see your reflection when you sit in a comfortable chair three feet in front of the wall. A reclining chair works best, for it allows you to relax your body in a comfortable position.

The mirror needs to be large enough so that it occupies a large percentage of your visual field. Again, don't get fixated on the exact dimensions of the mirror. The one I used was four feet by four feet or so, but smaller mirrors are fine too. Put a small light bulb behind your chair, about twenty watts, so the light comes up in the room and diffusely illuminates the mirror.

You want to exclude as many reflections as you can, but to exclude them all is virtually impossible. Just go by trial and error until you find an arrangement that feels comfortable.

When you begin mirror gazing, it is best not to have an agenda at first. Just gaze into the mirror and relax. Let your mind go free and see what happens. Most see mist and clouds initially, which then may shift into formed visions. Many people say they first see scenery, mountains or forest lakes. Or they may see people interacting in complex environments such as inside a building or in a town setting. Sometimes mirror gazers hatch creative ideas. Quite a few artists over the years have told me they use mirror gazing to tap into their creativity and get ideas for paintings or writing stories.

After you become acquainted with mirror gazing without a specific agenda, you can go on to the process of evoking the deceased. Choose someone who has died whom you would like to see again. Preferably, you should ask a friend or relative you trust to assist in your journey. The assistant is there to ask you questions about your lost loved one, mainly questions you may not have thought of on your own. The idea of having a friend ask questions is to get your process of thinking and feeling started.

There are no specific time constraints in this process. The goal is to continue your interchange with your assistant until your departed loved one is vivid in your mind. Once you have accomplished this, sit in the chair before the mirror and gaze into the mirror as though you were gazing into an infinite depth.

The magic of this experience comes not from the mirror, but from your mind. Relax, get comfortable, and drift down into the feeling you have when you are on the verge of sleep, a state known as the hypnogogic state. Don't put yourself under time pressure. You might take off your watch and silence your phone, putting it away from your reach, before you begin gazing. Let the process unfold in its own tempo.

I recommend keeping a notebook to jot down your impressions following each session. Over time your will reach a visionary state quicker and more effectively as you advance in your understanding of the process.

I think that this is a nice description of a process, but the important details are missing. One of them is flicker, and I talked in my previous posts why and how to get an appropriate one. Another thing is a mirror. You need a mirror for clear depth, but on the other hand, you also need to avoid reflections. Well, it seems to me that a good way to do that, apart from covering your walls with some black curtain, is to use a black mirror. Which is exactly what the ancient people did: Mirrors in Mesoamerican culture - Wikipedia

"Need clear depth", said the C's. I was wondering about this depth thing... and I remembered those cool looking Infinity Illusion Mirrors which have depth in them. And then I remembered the instructions from Castaneda's book The Fire from Within, where it was advised to put the mirror into the shallow water. I was wondering why would you want to put a mirror into the water, which is also a mirror? But then I figured out that this is exactly how you make that Infinity Illusion Mirror. You put the partial mirror in front of the full mirror. And that is how you get an illusion of a depth in a mirror. Perhaps that is what the C's meant by "clear depth"?

Back
Top Bottom