Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Dig this!

On the day of the "Russian Invasion", our satellite internet died. It's the only net connection we used to have, but now we keep it as an emergency backup.

I noticed that the modem itself has 4 lights, and after Feb 24th, they were all very dim. I thought the power brick had died, so I ordered a new one.

Last week, we got a message from Nordnet saying there was a "cyber event" but no further details. Today, we got a message from Nordnet saying that we'll need a new modem.

Then I found this:

American communications company Viasat Inc. says a ‘cyber event’ is disrupting its satellite internet services in Ukraine and Europe.

Based in Carlsbad, California, with additional operations across the United States and worldwide, Viasat provides high-speed satellite broadband services and secure networking systems covering military and commercial markets.

The issue lies with the company’s Ka-SAT satellite, which Viasat bought from the satellite’s launcher and previous owner Eutelsat in April 2021.

The timing of the disruption coincides with Russian President Vladimir Putin’s authorization of “special military operations” in Ukraine, with multiple ISPs reporting outages since the early hours of February 24.

PaxEX.Aero confirmed three outages but said as many as six may have occurred. Impacted ISPs include one in France and EUSANET in Germany

Okay. Then I found this from 4 hours ago:

The US National Security Agency is reportedly investigating a hack targeting Viasat that disrupted internet access in Ukraine as Russian forces prepared to invade the country.

Viasat told CNBC on Feb. 28 that it was "experiencing a partial network outage" said to be "impacting internet service for fixed broadband customers in Ukraine and elsewhere on our European KA-SAT network." The outage started on Feb. 24—the day Russia invaded Ukraine.

Reuters now reports that the NSA is collaborating with ANSSI and Ukrainian intelligence to determine "whether the remote sabotage of a satellite internet provider's service was the work of Russian-state backed hackers preparing the battlefield by attempting to sever communications."

Viasat told Reuters the outage affected satellite modems owned by tens of thousands of customers in Europe. Some of those modems are still offline at time of writing, according to the report, and bringing them back online is going to be a fairly involved process.

Reuters reports that a Viasat official "said most of the affected devices would need to be reprogrammed either by a technician on site or at a repair depot and that some would have to be swapped out." Russia's ongoing attacks on Ukraine will likely complicate that process.

So, the Russians really may have hacked our satellite internet! FINALLY!! :lol:

I think for people to not sell their digital content to Russia, means that this content will be free to Russians. Whether it's music or books, movies, ect. digital content can easily be copied and shared.

So, this disservice to Russia is a gesture that isn't really that impactful except for propaganda purposes, and let's others know where they stand.

So, maybe it is like virtue signalling that will boost sales in the West moreso than penalizing Russia - since it is more popular here in the West. Or, they want to propagate their music - as a forbidden fruit, or want to propagate it for its own sake - not in a business context, of course, but in the knowing the effect.

Another thing is, this will isolate themselves, just like the rest of the West, and though the music, if free, isn't that meaningful anymore and tainted with controversy. But it is classic, and will live through these decisions.

Chinese society and culture isn't compatible with our way of life. It works for them but it won't work for us. We can coexist in peace if it weren't for the psychopaths hell-bent on eternal chaos.
I am not saying that they are not authoritarian to a certain extent... I am simply throwing on the table the possibility that they have exaggerated covid because they did not know very well what it was, but they did know that it had been brought by United States soldiers, and how could not openly say its true origin, they chose to frighten people to try to prevent the spread of the virus as much as possible... what do you think about this idea?

p.s: In the previous message I made a mistake and wrote: "a purpose" and it should have been: on purpose

Last edited:
I am not saying that they are not authoritarian to a certain extent... I am simply throwing on the table the possibility that they have exaggerated covid because they did not know very well what it was, but they did know that it had been brought by United States soldiers, and how could not openly say its true origin, they chose to frighten people to try to prevent the spread of the virus as much as possible... what do you think about this idea?

p.s: In the previous message I made a mistake and wrote: "a purpose" and it should have been: on purpose
Maybe... But I also hear they are pioneering CBDCs. Doesn't inspire trust.

For clarity, I don't "hate" China, I just don't have "trust".

Ps, time to get back on-topic 😊

Speaking with Dan Cohen of Mintpress News, Dilyana mentions some horrifying details!

Yes, and a good (older 2018) interview on The Truth Perspective here:

From the link you cited, here is the video interview with Dilyana Gaytandzhieva.

For clarity, I don't "hate" China, I just don't have "trust".
Of course.
Ps, time to get back on-topic 😊
really those of the CBDCs. look a bit sinister and I don't trust China ultimately either... but even Putin had to follow the covid narrative... in this case for the moment, despite the somewhat authoritarian measures taken carried out by China and that continue to take place regarding the virus, I do not see so clearly that they wanted to promote, for example, an agenda around the digital yuan.

It's okay, I don't want to make noise either... but come on, dance with me a little!

Of course.

really those of the CBDCs. look a bit sinister and I don't trust China ultimately either... but even Putin had to follow the covid narrative... in this case for the moment, despite the somewhat authoritarian measures taken carried out by China and that continue to take place regarding the virus, I do not see so clearly that they wanted to promote, for example, an agenda around the digital yuan.

It's okay, I don't want to make noise either... but come on, dance with me a little!
Okay, only a little...

Honest truth is I don't personally have much direct experience with Chinese organisations or average people to know about their culture. What I hear mostly is through a western lense and it's tainted with negativity and/or fear. I try to remain open minded but I got deceived by their response to covid in particular and that really woke me up. I get what you say about perhaps it was an overreaction because they didn't know if it was a biological attack but that still doesn't explain the videos of people collapsing on streets.

As a huge lifelong Pink Floyd fan, I’d be remiss not to point out that the band has been a hollow, commercial shell of what it was from the moment Roger Waters left 40 years ago. Gilmour, Mason and the late Rick Wright should’ve shown some semblance of integrity and gone on their own musical merits and not hijacked the name, which let’s face it, was Syd Barrett’s to begin with. Not to discredit their individual talents, which are huge (though Mason could hardly be accused of being a great drummer, ever!), but it’s been David Gilmour and the other guys for far too long to consider any press release made on their behalf being from “Pink Floyd” as anything other than a business entity. Laughable!

Okay, rant over. Apologies for the OT.

Okay, only a little...

Honest truth is I don't personally have much direct experience with Chinese organisations or average people to know about their culture. What I hear mostly is through a western lense and it's tainted with negativity and/or fear. I try to remain open minded but I got deceived by their response to covid in particular and that really woke me up. I get what you say about perhaps it was an overreaction because they didn't know if it was a biological attack but that still doesn't explain the videos of people collapsing on streets.
Perhaps if they were exaggerated, filmed and emphasized on purpose by the authorities to provoke a panic response to a virus that they feared at the time was a biological weapon and for certain reasons they could not go out and openly say its origin as I already said and in their way From seeing things, they may have thought that people would not fear it enough if its effects were not exaggerated, we must also take into account that some people could have been affected more and either by this virus or for other reasons there were cases of fainting and they would have been pointed out as caused by the virus... but the truth is that obviously I don't know and they are just ideas to shuffle.
P.s: by the way, several of those fainting videos were from questionable sources.

YouTube has been throwing this Russian vlogger into my feed and I'm not sure what to think. In any case, here she is interviewing young Russians on the street about the "situation"

This is a nice cultural artifact for analysis and self-reflection. It seems representitive of a couple points of view, at least. There's a casual internationalist point of view. Some of the interviewees feel a sense of connection with global capital, they don't take stereotypes personally (they dont identify with them, in other words), they don't explicitly relate to or even (in some cases) understand the actions of their government or where their country is headed. The one interviewee who ends by describing a federation with nationalized agriculture is interesting, too. There's also a positive, nationalist pov.

It's a familiar cross-section. The kind of sample that reflects youth in a liberal democracy. Diversity of thought. Lack of explicit radical ideology. Concerns about sanctioned rights, but ultimately a belief in perserverence. If this came from a Canadian youtuber, representing Canadian culture, would I accept it as honest? Would I wonder if the youtuber was targeting a certain kind of viewer? What kind of viewer reacts positively to this kind of content? If I thought the representation of Canadian youth was dishonest or manipulative, if I knew better than to trust it, what then? Would I next watch this video featuring Russian youth and forget what I just learned?

Personally, the representation of ambivalence and hopefulness almost makes me nostalgic. It's not my experience, that's for sure. Over the last 8 years, I've witnessed in my own culture a rapid rise in ideological differentiation. Folk around me are more inclined than ever to act from positions foregrounding minor but crucial differencws that they feel certain about. 20 years ago, it wasn't considered polite to discuss politics. Rather than a strong norm toward differentiation and specificity, I witnessed a strong norm toward ambivalence (whichever way) and comfort in the continuity of not knowing, lack of certainty.

Dig this!

On the day of the "Russian Invasion", our satellite internet died. It's the only net connection we used to have, but now we keep it as an emergency backup.

I noticed that the modem itself has 4 lights, and after Feb 24th, they were all very dim. I thought the power brick had died, so I ordered a new one.

Last week, we got a message from Nordnet saying there was a "cyber event" but no further details. Today, we got a message from Nordnet saying that we'll need a new modem.

Then I found this:

Okay. Then I found this from 4 hours ago:

So, the Russians really may have hacked our satellite internet! FINALLY!! :lol:
If it is dim, you can keep the modem as a back-up in case one dies completely - and as a souvenir. But does that mean we have to stock up on modems for the WSHTF event? I did not expect that.

Two reports today from Sputniknews. They just don't care.

Video: Nancy Pelosi Recalls How She Spent 50 Minutes With Ukrainian President 'Kerensky'

Top US officials have already been mocked for their bizarre choice of words and gaffes when it comes to the Ukraine crisis. President Joe Biden, for his part, happened to call Ukrainians "the Iranian people".

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi addressed concerns around the situation in Ukraine during her remarks at the House Democrats' Philadelphia retreat, but happened to mispronounce both the name of the country she was concerned about and its president.

Pelosi referred to the slogan "Slava Ukraini" ["Glory to Ukraine"], which she pronounced in a way that sounded rather like "Slava Ukrony". She then revealed that she had spoken to the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky... but in Pelosi's case, there was a twist to his name.

"I spent about 50 minutes with [...] President Kerensky the day before we came here", the House speaker said.

0:24- 📹: Nancy Pelosi recalls spending 50 minutes with “President Kerensky” while giving a speech on the Ukraine crisis

Other parts of her speech also attracted the attention of some netizens. The way Pelosi spoke in general had many of them thinking that she had had "too much vodka" prior to her remarks.

pic.twitter.com/RqV8QrTJoK
— Daniel (@81_bl) March 11, 2022
Screenshot - Sputnik International, 1920, 12.03.2022

Screenshot
© Photo : Twitter / @joseph_hodge

Additionally, Pelosi followed President Biden's lead and pinned the blame for inflation and skyrocketing gas prices on Russian President Vladimir Putin. This did not go unnoticed by critics either.

"The price of gas was already skyrocketing before the invasion of Ukraine", one user noted.

"Midterms are gonna be delicious", another predicted.

"I stubbed my toe on the couch today… it was Putin’s fault though", one netizen joked.

Earlier, Joe Biden said several times that the record-high inflation in the United States is "largely the fault of Putin".

The Ukraine crisis appears to be one of the main topics for top American officials, whether they need to offer explanations for the rising inflation or talk about the situation in the Eastern European country directly. The latter, however, does not always end well for them either: Biden, for his part, mistakenly called Ukrainians "the Iranian people" during his State of the Union address, and Vice President Kamala Harris happened to oversimplify the conflict in Ukraine when asked to describe it "in layman's terms".

“Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So basically that’s wrong", Harris said, in a quote that raised eyebrows online, with users comparing her description with what a schoolchild could have said about the conflict.

Kamala Harris Grilled After Laughing When Asked About Fate of Ukrainian Refugees

U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris and Polish President Andrzej Duda hold a news conference at Belwelder Palace in Warsaw, Poland March 10, 2022. - Sputnik International, 1920, 12.03.2022

© REUTERS / POOL

Nervous laughter can happen for a lot of reasons: among other things, it can be a way to regulate one’s emotions. When it comes to Vice President Kamala Harris, however, her awkward and at times borderline inappropriate laughter in response to serious questions has become a butt for jokes and criticism.

The visit of US Vice President Kamala Harris to Poland has drawn a lot of attention online, particularly due to a handful of awkward situations that America's second-in-command found herself in.

During a joint presser with Polish President Andrzej Duda, Kamala Harris was asked by a reporter to comment on whether the United States was going to help Warsaw cope with Ukrainian refugees fleeing the conflict. The reporter also asked if Duda had requested assistance from Washington.

"A friend in need is a friend indeed", the US VP said after a moment of hesitation, bursting into laughter.
Her reaction raised eyebrows online, with netizens criticising the top politician for her reaction.

Screenshot
© Photo : Twitter / @MickHolmes4

Screenshot
© Photo : Twitter / @Harharbhole7

Screenshot
© Photo : Twitter / @BTClongboarder

Screenshot
© Photo : Twitter / @MooneyKeegan

This is not the first time Harris' laughter in response to reporters' questions raises eyebrows. Some of the questions have also been related to migrants, as in the United States, the VP is tasked with tackling the crisis on the US southern border.

Apparently, when it comes to borders and migrants, Harris' first reaction is awkward laughter.

Back in June, when Harris was pressured to elaborate on if and when she intended to visit the southern border, she cackled and even snapped back at reporters. One time, when a reporter reminded Harris that she "hasn’t been to the border", Harris hit back by saying "And I haven’t been to Europe" and "I don’t understand the point that you’re making".

Back
Top Bottom