Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

In the last days, we have heard that Merkel knew it was preparing for war:
“[Ukraine] used this time to get stronger, as you can see today,” Merkel continued. “The Ukraine of 2014/15 is not the Ukraine of today. As you saw in the battle for Debaltsevo in early 2015, [Russian President Vladimir] Putin could easily have overrun them at the time. And I very much doubt that the NATO countries could have done as much then as they do now to help Ukraine.”

The defeat at Debaltsevo resulted in the second Minsk protocol being signed in February 2015. Merkel said that it was “clear to all of us that the conflict was frozen, that the problem had not been solved, but that gave Ukraine valuable time.”
"the problem had not been solved" Merkel said referring to recent problems.
But one could also go back and think of another time when the problem was not solved, from a German, British, US perspective. Below is a translation of a German article, minus the many portraits in the article, about the events prior to the German invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941:
SECOND WORLD WAR
'CASE BARBAROSSA'
'The faster we crush Russia, the better!'
On December 18, 1940, Hitler issued his top-secret Directive No. 21, the order to attack the Soviet Union. Just one day later he had to receive Stalin's new ambassador in Berlin for small talk.
Published on 18.12.2020 | Reading time: 5 minutes

By Sven Felix Kellerhoff
Senior Editor History
The conversation was short; an absolute must: on the afternoon of December 19, 1940, Adolf Hitler received the new ambassador of the Soviet Union in Berlin, Vladimir Dekanosow, in his study in the New Reich Chancellery. As head of state, it was one of the tasks of the “Führer and Reich Chancellor” to accept letters of credence from diplomats. Therefore, in addition to Reich Foreign Minister Joachim von Ribbentrop, Otto Meissner was also present, as head of the Presidential Chancellery to monitor compliance with diplomatic practices.

Hitler had little to discuss with his guest, who had also been deputy foreign minister of the USSR but had previously made a career as an NKVD functionary. Because just one day before the meeting with Dekanosov, Hitler had issued his directive No. 21 as a 'Secret Command Matter'. The first sentence read: 'The German Wehrmacht must be prepared to throw down Soviet Russia in a quick campaign before the end of the war against England ('Barbarossa case').' The preparations should, 'if not already done', begin now and be completed by May 15, 1941.
That is the main point, but for context, the rest of the article is machine translated and article links inserted, even if they lead to German texts.
Although the highest level of secrecy automatically applied, as was the case for all 'Führer Instructions', this order, which was issued in just nine copies, still specifically stipulated: 'The number of officers to be brought in at an early stage for the preparatory work is to be kept as small as possible; other employees are to be briefed as late as possible and only to the extent required for the work of each individual.'

Fuehrerweisung-Nr-18-Fall-Barbarossa.jpg

Because otherwise there is a risk 'that if our preparations become known, the time for which they will be carried out has not yet been set, there will be serious political and military disadvantages'. In order to protect confidentiality even better, Hitler himself ordered concealment measures internally: 'All orders to be given by the Commanders-in-Chief on the basis of this directive must be clearly coordinated to the effect that these are precautionary measures in the event that Russia changes its previous attitude towards us should.' Furthermore, 'decisive importance' should be placed on 'that the intention of an attack is not recognizable'.

Of course, in view of this topic, which occupied Hitler intensely in mid-December 1940, the meeting with Dekanosov did not fit into the schedule. Nonetheless, receiving the ambassador was inevitable in order to maintain the camouflage of one's ambitions.

To make matters worse, the German ambassador in Moscow, Friedrich-Werner Graf von der Schulenburg, was simultaneously pushing for an improvement in relations with the Soviet Union. On December 18 he met with Foreign Minister Vyacheslav Molotov and the next day with Deputy Prime Minister Anastas Mikoyan. Both CPSU officials tried to clear up the last differences of opinion about another German-Soviet economic agreement.

But Hitler no longer had any real interest in that. The attack on the Soviet Union had been one of his fixed goals since 1924, when he had raved about it in his pamphlet Mein Kampf. A few days after his appointment as Reich Chancellor, on February 3, 1933, he had confirmed this goal to the generals of the Reichswehr - it was about 'living space' that had to be conquered 'with armed hands,' 'probably in the east'. On July 31, 1940, he said to the army command, according to a note by Chief of Staff Franz Halder: 'In the course of this conflict, Russia must be dealt with. Spring 1941. The sooner we crush Russia, the better!”

But did Hitler really mean it? Field Marshal Walther von Brauchitsch, as Commander-in-Chief of the Army one of the four highest military officers in the Wehrmacht, could not imagine that.
On the same December 18, 1940 on which the instructions for the “Barbarossa case” were issued to him, he instructed the army adjutant in the Führer’s headquarters, Major Gerhard Engel, “to find out whether F. (i.e. ‘Führer’, ed .) actually want to go to arms or just bluff'.

Engel did as he was told and wrote down: “I am convinced that F. himself does not yet know how to proceed. Mistrustful of his own military leadership, ambiguity about Russian strength, disappointment about the harshness of the English keep F. busy.”

At the same time, however, Engel stated that Hitler had 'repeatedly' emphasized that he 'reserved all decisions'. Foreign Minister Molotov's visit to Berlin in November 1940 showed 'that Russia wants to lay hands on Europe'. A remarkable admission followed about the German-Soviet non-aggression treaty, which had been concluded only a year and a half earlier: 'The pact was never honest, because the abysses of the world view are deep.'

Apparently Engel informed Brauchitsch verbally of his impressions, as did Curt Siewert, the Operations Officer on the Commander-in-Chief's staff, and indirectly, through another officer, the Chief of Staff Franz Halder. As early as the evening of December 18, 1940, numerous officers knew about Directive No. 21 and its contents, in addition to the commanders-in-chief who were actually addressed.

There was also more direct opposition than Brauchitsch's inquiry. At the earliest opportunity, on the afternoon of December 27, 1940, Hitler received the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy, Erich Raeder, at his request. The Grand Admiral emphasized that the war against Great Britain 'must be the urgent need of the hour' and expressed 'grave concerns about the Russian campaign before England was defeated'.

However, Hitler was not interested in these objections. With the “current political development” “the last continental opponent must be eliminated under all circumstances before he can join forces with England”. Therefore, the army must 'receive the necessary strength'. Only after the victory against the USSR would 'full concentration on the air force and navy be possible'.

Raeder's adjutant responsible for this recording added: 'The Führer's point of view is therefore the opposite of that of the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy.' Either Hitler had put his doubts aside over Christmas - or he never had any, contrary to Gerhard Engels' impression.
Russia wanted NATO to remove themselves to pre-1997 borders. NATO did not and here we are today, but on the contrary, it has pressed east and still does.

From Putin's briefing today. (All questions and answers posted below, mostly about Kyrgyzstan)

Y.Bubnova:Dobryi day!

TASS News Agency, Yulia Bubnova.

Angela Merkel said the other day, that the Minsk agreements at one time were are concluded only in order to give Ukraine time to prepare and then go to war with Russia.

Tell us how we are Perceive? Did we know that our partners is that what is being done to us?

Thank you.

Vladimir Putin: To be honest, for it was completely unexpected to me. It's disappointing.

Frankly, I wasn't expecting it. to hear this from the former Federal Chancellor, because I have always assumed that the leadership of the Federal Republic [Germany] behaves sincerely with us. Yes, of course it is. on the side of Ukraine was, supported Ukraine, but it still seemed to me that the leadership of the Federal Republic has always sincerely sought a settlement on the principles that we agreed on and that were achieved, including within the framework of the Minsk Process.

What has just been said only says that we are all right. were done in terms of starting a special military operation. Why? Because, it turns out, all these Minsk no one was going to fulfill the agreements, leadership of Ukraine in the words of former President Poroshenko he also said it: he signed it, but he wasn't going to execute it.

But I still expected that other participants in this process were sincere with us. It turns out that they also deceived us. Meaning it was only to pump Ukraine with weapons and prepare it for military operations. We see it's, yeah. Apparently, we got our bearings late, Honestly. Maybe it's all before. I had to start. We just hoped that we would be able to reach an agreement within the framework of the Minsk peace agreements.

Well, that's about it. The question arises now, of course, a matter of trust. And so trust, of course, almost at zero, but after statements like this Of course, there is a question of trust: how to negotiate something, what, and whether it is possible to negotiate with someone, and where are the guarantees? That's the question, of course.

But still in the end as a result, you will have to negotiate. I've already done a lot I said that we are ready for these agreements, we are open. But it makes us think, of course, about who we're dealing with.

From Putin's briefing today. (All questions and answers posted below, mostly about Kyrgyzstan)

Y.Bubnova:Dobryi day!

TASS News Agency, Yulia Bubnova.

Angela Merkel said the other day, that the Minsk agreements at one time were are concluded only in order to give Ukraine time to prepare and then go to war with Russia.
To give an idea of the lying and deceit:, there is from the TG of Maria Zakharova: Мария Захарова
Angela Merkel on the Minsk agreements:

March 5, 2015: "If the Minsk Agreements are seriously violated, European leaders and the European Commission are ready to prepare and impose new sanctions."
But not on Ukraine, apparently.
October 20, 2016: "We discussed the working process, which has many sides and from which we need to build when working on topics such as security, the political process. And this should continue within the framework of the roadmap on various steps of the Package of Measures to implement the Minsk Agreements. And this is progress."

February 18, 2017: Minsk is all we have. Unfortunately, I cannot say that all the points of the Minsk agreements have been fulfilled. It is necessary to establish a long-term ceasefire. My opinion is that we should not throw away the only thing we have."

March 17, 2017: "I was very pleased to learn that the US administration and the President personally are committed to the Minsk process. We need to find a solution to this problem. It is necessary to find a safe and reliable solution for Ukraine, but relations with Russia should also be improved when the current situation becomes clearer. The Minsk agreements are a good basis, but, unfortunately, we have not yet reached the process we hoped for. However, in the coming months we will continue to work on this issue together with our experts."

May 20, 2017: "The issue of security, as presented in the Minsk Agreements, is a prerequisite for further progress in the political process.

" September 2, 2017: "In the field of security policy in Europe, we must do everything so that we can improve our contacts again. This includes the implementation of "Minsk". If it works out, then we would have a starting point to conduct a dialogue even more and more intensively."

April 10, 2018: "We discussed the situation that is developing in connection with the implementation of the Minsk agreements. Despite the complexity of the situation, we should not weaken our efforts, because we are talking about people. Germany and France will continue to look for a way out of the situation together with Ukraine and the Russian Federation."

August 18, 2018: "We have to work to find a solution. This concerns, firstly, the issue of Ukraine. We have been working on this for quite a long time. The basis is and remains – it is the "Minsk agreements". Although it should be stated that we do not have a stable truce yet."

November 1, 2018: "If there is progress, then we can ease these sanctions. Unfortunately, now the situation is such that the "Minsk agreements" are not being observed. If something is being done, then only a millimeter forward and immediately back. Germany will also advocate the continuation of these sanctions."

December 10, 2019: "There is a question, is this document petrified, or can it be changed. After all, there are certain proposals of President Zelensky to change it. <...> We hope that this document will be flexible again, and it will be revived."

And now it's December 7, 2022: "I thought it was wrong to initiate the accession of Ukraine and Georgia to NATO, which was discussed in 2008. The countries did not have the necessary prerequisites for this, and the consequences of such a decision were not fully taken into account, both with regard to Russia's actions against Georgia and Ukraine, and with regard to NATO and its rules of assistance. And the Minsk agreements of 2014 were an attempt to give Ukraine time. She also used this time to become stronger, as you can see today. Ukraine 2014-2015 is not Ukraine today. <...> It was clear to all of us that the conflict was frozen, that the problem was not solved, but it gave Ukraine precious time."

THE QUESTION IS EXTREMELY SPECIFIC: WHEN DID ANGELA MERKEL TELL THE TRUTH?

Since the video is 50+ minutes long, would you please give a bit of description of what it is about? Many people are very busy and won't watch something this long if they are not sure it is worth their time.

Thank you.
Sure! This is part 1 of an interview series between a distinguished US scholar and a retired US colonel who are both deeply aware of the history of Ukraine and Russia. In this segment they discuss the several phases of the war so far and the prospects of a winter offensive by Russia. History, strategy, tactics and politics are all touched upon. I'm pretty new around here, but I think you may like it.

This article, by Gordon M. Hahn is critical of all sides, as far as the totalitarian trend is concerned. To him, it appears that the totalitarianism is equal across the board. I would disagree, but can also see why he would put it that way, considering he is in the US.
WOW! :-oOo Surprisingly good interview with Gordon M. Hahn, Ph.D.!
He is a Senior Researcher at the Center for Terrorism and Intelligence Studies (CETIS), Akribis Group, San Jose, California, www.cetisresearch.org; an expert analyst at Corr Analytics, www.canalyt.com; and an analyst at Geostrategic Forecasting Corporation (Chicago), www.geostrategicforecasting.com. [this quote's source URL]
Very focused, quick-witted and sharp-minded intellectual!
I absolutely love these super-talented experts! When I'm watching them on video or reading their books, it feels like I'm "absorbing their mannerism, sophisticated words and IQ" and thus "improving my intelligence" via some kind of "mental-copy" or "neuronal osmosis". [:D] As if they would rain/drizzle their intellect onto my head: and me as some kind of fertile soil, am soaking up / copying and assimilating their higher-class mindset, word usage, like a sponge!

His amazing summary and intriguing take on the current state & future outlook of the Ukraine war.
Highly recommended watch!

Last edited:

Russian Media Laughs At US Government's Woke Trade For Griner Instead Of Whelan

Short video (3 minutes) Margarita Simonyan of RT sums up what the American priorities appear to be.

"but the prisoner swap is more than just foolish political gamesmanship, it is also an embarrassment for the US as a whole."

"The Russian media acknowledges (and laughs) about the deeper meaning behind the trade and it's hard to disagree with them when they argue that it symbolizes a display of internal ideological weakness."

Last edited:
Winter is coming.. How Ukraine loss will cause chain reaction of EU implosion:
As winter sets in, Ukrainian troops will face more daunting odds. They will be more likely to seek shelter and minimize movements because of the lack of vehicles and tanks. Russia, on the other hand, will be able to concentrate fires on the fixed Ukrainian positions, which means more Ukrainian casualties.
If Russia persists with its campaign of destroying Ukraine’s ability to produce and distribute electricity, water and gas, Ukraine’s ability to supply its troops with food and ammunition with degrade substantially. In short, Ukraine faces a dark, dangerous winter.
However, quite differently from Game of Thrones, where the Undead were woken up in great numbers by blue eyed White Walkers [undead lords] so with the progression of wars the Undead Army's numbers were steadily increasing..., this time the invading army storming the EU actually will be millions of Ukrainian refugees..
Who will place additional burden on already struggling countries economies, because of WEF / Soros / EUroc-Rat / Rot-hschild pre-planned policy of Depopulation via Mass Starvation. The perfect WMD.

I think this was why the C's said war will spread, as EU Sheeple will start to increasingly deflect / detest the incoming war refugees. This will be the time probably, where many Useless Eater Self-Elected "International Community" leaders will find their end: by the hands of The Raging Unwashed Masses of People finally losing it.

After the piled up austerity measures pre-planned by shutting down nuclear plants and cutting critical energy flow to industries, the resultant blackouts, cold showers and starvation will cause The People to reach their breaking point. Inevitable:
- I didn't sign up for this!
- I want my snacks! I want my latte! I want my hot baths! I want my smokes! I want everything back that I lost! Who is to blame? Soros like leaders, no doubt!!

I doubt I'm alone with getting cranky about worsening and worsening living conditions..

So essentially, Russia winning in Ukraine will spell DOOM for the EU, spreading 'Famine Wars'. Indirectly thus the idiot Polish PM's exclamation "If we lose Ukraine, Europe is lost" will become a Nostradamus Prophecy.

Just not entirely, not only how Niall mentioned in Newsreal - by Euroc-Rat Self-Appointed Leaders losing their business interests and feeling they lost their wealth, but simply by Ukrainian refugees using up way too much resources, burdening countries, so citizens there will lose everything. While the Rich will eat their well stored-stocks bought from Stolen Taxpayer Money.
My colleague remarked in 2008 around the well-pre-planned world-wide economic crash:
- You cannot eat money!
What good will be your money for? You cannot eat it!

Last edited:
An interesting bit from Moon of Alabama that has a much different interpretation of Merkel's recent comments on the Minsk agreements.

I think that Merkel is obfuscating. Her original intent with Minsk II was not to buy time to arm Ukraine. Her intent was to prevent a further war and to make peace. The argument, that it gave time for Ukraine to arm, is only made now and only to save her political ass in the current political climate.

The proof for that is in what she also brings up, Nord Stream 2, which has always had her full support. Its intent was to make Germany independent from the pipelines through Ukraine and Poland. But war came before the much delayed pipeline was ready. And any realistic alternative for Germany's current position was gone after the U.S. finally blew it up. Her answer with regards to Nord Stream 2 makes no sense if she, at the same time that Nord Stream 2 was being built, had intentionally prepared Ukraine for war.

There is another point that makes the 'bought time' ex post argument invalid. In 2014 Russia came under quite harsh sanctions and had huge problems to reconfigure its supply chains. Russia has used the time since to prepare for even harsher sanctions and a war. Notice how few problems Russia has now after really crushing sanctions were deployed. That required preparation. In 2018 Russia introduced a number of superior strategic weapons which are now deployed. In 2014 the S-400 air defense system was only a prototype. Today all Russian air defense groups have and deploy it. Russia used the time to up its war supplies, especially artillery ammunition and missiles.

If you think the 'bought time' argument is genuine look at the situation in Russia and compare with the Ukraine and the rest of Europe. Who has used the time better? Who is now in a better position?

The problem with Merkel's sorry and false excuse is that it creates, as Korybko points out, real damage. Everyone, including Russia's president Putin, seems to read only that one paragraph with the ex post argument, not the full context. This makes bringing the war in Ukraine to an end much more difficult.

'Sooner or later Ukraine will be burned.'

8 Dec, 2022
'The US is giving approval for Ukraine to be burned.'

10 Dec, 2022

Back
Top Bottom