Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

1646158631665.jpeg
London is well prepared in the "remote" event of Russia launching a nuclear strike on the capital, a spokesperson for the mayor has told MyLondon. It comes after Russian president Vladimir Putin put his nuclear forces on " special alert " over the weekend, in a major escalation of tensions with the West.

President Putin said that leading NATO powers had made “aggressive statements” toward Russia, in addition to stiff economic sanctions including cutting several leading Russian banks from the Swift banking system. Nato secretary-general Jens Stoltenberg told CNN that Mr Putin’s invocation of Russia’s nuclear arsenal was “dangerous rhetoric”.

t has heightened fears of an attack on Nato allies, MyLondon reports.

A spokesperson for the Mayor of London said: “This is dangerous rhetoric and irresponsible posturing from Putin. As the government has already made clear, any risk of nuclear conflict remains remote and we remain united in deterring the most extreme acts of aggression against us and our NATO allies.

“London has a resilient and well-established system in place to ensure key agencies work closely and effectively together to keep us all safe – this includes keeping Londoners fully informed about any emergencies.”

Thousands of Ukrainian Londoners and allies have been protesting against Russia's invasion over the past week.

Fair enough. We each see the events through our own senses and filter it according to our knowledge and understanding.

I do look at a wide range of factors that I can identify in the ongoing stream of information and knowledge, on any subject. I also compare factors, and make informed assessments, based on prior knowledge and understanding. If I am clueless on a topic, I stay quiet and listen and learn. Most importantly though, I watch closely for patterns of behavior, patterns in rhetoric, and spend time to contemplate what they mean and why they are present.

I generally discount the obvious misinformation, for what it is as misinformation is encouraged by the very controllers we all warn about. I consider them a distraction, but that's my take.

My comments providing a military contrast to what is being observed is shared simply because it is a valid aspect of how the conflict is prosecuted, and I did not see anyone else looking in that direction, at all. I have knowledge in this area and am simply sharing it in the discussion.

What each member makes of what I share, or anyone shares, is entirely up to them. I have no issue with someone flushing my comments completely from their mind. Ironic though some of the side swipes I have received for my comments (not you, you have been even and gracious in your comments), but that comes with the territory when you discuss in discussion forums. 🙂

As I stated, I tend to stay out of emotionally charged topics, but I listened to your encouraging me to speak my voice in this thread, so I have. 👍
And so you should continue. We are all here working towards greater understanding and learning lessons, day by day. For a while I floundered in the conflicting stew and doubted and I sense misaligned my thinking. But through posts such as yours and the great insights provided by Joe and Niall in for example their most recent Newsreal episode, I've weighed my doubts and concerns against the weight of history and the patterns of Putin's actions hitherto - and over night I've found some peace of mind. For now! And I'm not saying the outline I shared above is correct - it just makes the most sense to me of the most amount of information available at this time, especially deriving from long-term context. But that's just me. No one here I trust looks to win or be right - we all made it here for reasons that mean we have more in common than not. Different perspectives such as yours help others to sharpen their thinking and examine their own presuppositions. And that's priceless. So I would suggest you keep on bringing forth your perspectives and see how they stand the test of examination - the Cs said learning is fun. Let's keep it so. :-)

Thanks Michael. A couple of points:
It could well be that the FSB? intelligence has tried to make dossiers of all the evil or dangerous elements or people, and there was talk about tribunals. I take Putin seriously, maybe too much.
When hearing about CIA teaching Nazis warfare, it makes me feel uncomfortable, as i live in EU.
Now it could well be we get a new home base of well armed and trained nazis in Poland, these could easily get deployed further for terrorising Northern EU. Just hope Putin arrests as many as possible.
Just a quick comment.

There are issues with neo-nazi paramilitary groups in many countries. This is not strictly a Ukraine thing, it's just that Ukraine paramilitary groups are in front of our eyes right now due to the location of the conflict coupled with the fact that one thing neo-nazis crave is lethal combat. They want to fight. They want to harm and kill.

They work especially hard inside nations that operate some form of democratic process where these folks have rights to express their negative rhetoric, and in some cases arm themselves and form militia style military units. They work the fringes of militia movements, and also try to penetrate military forces through covert enlistments as well as overt militia group presence.

As for the CIA, every possible human asset is a potential weapon to develop and deploy. There is nothing out of bounds. This is not unique to the CIA either. Covert counter insurgency carries no rules and the ends justify the means. No intelligence service, nor any entity affiliated with them can be trusted in my view. There will always be radicalized groups of people that intelligence communities can and will exploit for their own purposes. They are a particularly good resource for false flag events, so we all need to be mindful and alert to what is under the surface of what we are actually able to observe. Knowledge is protection, right? The uninformed and non-curious are in some ways the perfect patsys for covert operations.

Got a kick out of this.

The link is in Serbian, but from Google Translate:

there is information that Russian soldiers use Tinder in Ukraine, regardless of everything.
Dasha Sinelnikova heard from a friend that Russian soldiers are everywhere on Tinder, so even though she lives in Kiev, she moved her Tinder residence to Kharkov and there she met several of them with whom she entered into a conversation.
I couldn't believe my eyes when their photos appeared. One muscular guy was posing in bed with a gun, she said.
In the meantime, news arrived about the order for the Russian troops to turn off their phones.

Different perspectives such as yours help others to sharpen their thinking and examine their own presuppositions. And that's priceless. So I would suggest you keep on bringing forth your perspectives and see how they stand the test of examination - the Cs said learning is fun. Let's keep it so. :-)
100% agree with you Michael.

Like others, I put my assessments out there to share and then let the readers decide what resonates with them or does not.

At the end of the day, respectful sharing is caring, and leaving each person to process and decide for themselves is what it is all about in my view.

He is live streaming right now:

Thank you, this is brilliant. I'm sure he got a few things wrong with his speculations, but this really really gives you a good grasp of what's going on. He also lays bare some of the Russian thinking that probably goes on behind the scenes and behind the diplomatic utterances. Warning: at times he is very vulgar.

He also a Telegram channel:

His YT video "I’m Here In Kiev, Ukraine" had around 280k views and 5.7k comments yesterday morning. Yesterday midday, suddenly, the views and the comments got sliced to 130k and 1.7k respectively. Now they are slowly climbing back up again. :whistle:

If you think about it, this guy, an American married to a Ukrainian woman with two kids, stuck in Kiev in a hotel, is telling the Western world that there is another side to the story. Can't let this guy get on YT's front page! :lol:

Eyewitness account from him, driving from Kiev to Kharkov yesterday:

The propaganda efforts are insane. I get a fat warning message on Twitter whenever someone posts a link to RT, Sputnik etc., and when I want to like it, there is a popup warning me again, telling me to "keep information reliable" and asking if I'm really sure I want to like that post, where the post "like it anyway" option is super small.

Yes. Unsurprisingly, it also makes it rather hard right now to hear what Putin and co. are actually saying and doing, since the original russian sources are not available (like en.kremlin.ru).

Oh nooo, no no the belt no

Russian President Vladimir Putin was stripped of his World Taekwondo black belt following his invasion of Ukraine.

World Taekwondo announced Monday that Putin’s attacks on the eastern European nation go against the organization’s motto – "Peace is More Precious than Triumph."

:rotfl:
That is really silly!

This can be the biggest problem:
As soon as foreign warplanes enter Ukraine to hit Russian forces, Russian missiles will likely hit the foreign airports, thus, targeting the NATO territory. This is how the WWIII may become. Could this become a false flag event.
Guys, don't panic. The sky over Ukraine is closed and controlled by the Russian military space forces and air defense systems. You can tweet as much as you like that "we will send 30 MIGs, 50 F-35s, as well as the Enterprise ship and another death star to help." But this is not and will not be.

PS Please note that the gas pipeline through the territory Ukraine has been fully loaded at 100% (and this is 100 million cubic meters per day) for several days in a row, despite all the hostilities that are taking place there. How does this fit in with all these "sanctions" and the EU's hysteria towards Russia? Will you frantically buy gas from a country with which you want to unleash a world war? No. That's it!

Just a quick comment.

There are issues with neo-nazi paramilitary groups in many countries. This is not strictly a Ukraine thing, it's just that Ukraine paramilitary groups are in front of our eyes right now due to the location of the conflict coupled with the fact that one thing neo-nazis crave is lethal combat. They want to fight. They want to harm and kill.

They work especially hard inside nations that operate some form of democratic process where these folks have rights to express their negative rhetoric, and in some cases arm themselves and form militia style military units. They work the fringes of militia movements, and also try to penetrate military forces through covert enlistments as well as overt militia group presence.

As for the CIA, every possible human asset is a potential weapon to develop and deploy. There is nothing out of bounds. This is not unique to the CIA either. Covert counter insurgency carries no rules and the ends justify the means. No intelligence service, nor any entity affiliated with them can be trusted in my view. There will always be radicalized groups of people that intelligence communities can and will exploit for their own purposes. They are a particularly good resource for false flag events, so we all need to be mindful and alert to what is under the surface of what we are actually able to observe. Knowledge is protection, right? The uninformed and non-curious are in some ways the perfect patsys for covert operations.
Wanted to say i second Michael in praising you. We need different angles to approach reality best.
I've been listening to G Webb about BLM getting weaponized 2? years ago, for if Trump stayed.
And nazis are not that different from the mostly guys the west uses against Syria etc.

Last edited:
Interviewed last Thursday, on Day 1 of Russia's 'special operation' in Ukraine, Scott Ritter - military analyst and former US Weapons Inspector who exposed the US govt's WMD lies about Iraq - knew immediately that it was all over for the Ukrainian military and regime.

I don't know if others are getting RT, but, at least right now, I can see the site. A few RT articles published today:

Poland and Bulgaria deny warplanes supply to Ukraine

Mar. 1, 2022- Ukraine has claimed three NATO countries will send jets amid conflict with Russia

Polish President Andrzej Duda said on Monday Poland and NATO were not part of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine and therefore can’t send jets to join the combat. “We are not sending any jets to Ukraine because that would open a military interference in the Ukrainian conflict. We are not joining that conflict. NATO is not a party to that conflict, he said at a press conference after his meeting with NATO General Secretary Jens Stoltenberg, adding that they were supporting Ukrainians with humanitarian aid.

NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg has also confirmed that NATO was not to be part of the conflict, and therefore was not to send any troops and planes to Ukraine. However, he confirmed that NATO will continue to provide Ukraine with financial and military support, such as anti-tank weapons, air defense systems, and other types of military equipment.

Earlier on Tuesday, the Ukrainian Air Force officially announced on their Facebook page that three NATO countries – Poland, Slovakia, and Bulgaria – would deliver more than 70 warplanes for the Ukrainian army. The jets were supposed to be able to operate from Polish airfields.

The Bulgarian Defense Ministry told local media on Tuesday that it has not considered providing combat aircraft to Ukraine.

Military conflict between Russia and Ukraine broke out on Thursday after Russian authorities launched a military operation, claiming it was necessary to “demilitarize” and “denazify” Ukraine to protect the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics. The international community imposed heavy sanctions against Russia and closed airspace of more than 30 countries worldwide as a response to the “unprovoked” hostilities.

The first round of negotiations between Russia and Ukraine was held on Monday in an undisclosed location on the Belarus-Ukrainian border. The key goal of the negotiations was to achieve a ceasefire.

Russia reveals its stance on nuclear non-proliferation

Mar. 1, 2022- Moscow claims the US undermines a key treaty with its actions

Russia says that the US is undermining the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons by placing its nukes in Europe and conducting joint drills with its allies on the continent involving the weapons of mass destruction.

Addressing the United Nations Human Rights Council via video link on Tuesday, Russia’s Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, stressed that it was “time to bring US nukes home,” adding that Moscow has always maintained that should a nuclear war break out, “there would be no winners.”

Russia’s top diplomat also expressed concern over the US, UK and Australia creating the AUKUS military alliance in September 2021. He warned that the establishment of this new entity could provoke tensions in the Asia-Pacific Region and further afield.

Speaking of the current US administration, Lavrov noted that, much to Moscow’s disappointment, Joe Biden has done little to change Donald Trump’s cavalier approach to arms non-proliferation.

The Russian official also touched on the Iran Nuclear deal, expressing cautious optimism that talks between the parties involved would eventually resuscitate the agreement, to which, according to Lavrov, “there is no alternative.” Moreover, Moscow insists that attempts to put pressure or blackmail Iran have “no chance of succeeding.”

Lavrov went on to criticize the current “state of affairs at the OPCW,” which, according to him, has been politicized and subjugated to Western countries which have “effectively privatized this international organization.”

Unsurprisingly, the situation in Ukraine and the West’s reaction to Russia’s military offensive there were also among the big topics in Lavrov’s address to the UN Human Rights Council, prompting representatives of Western countries and their allies to walk out during his speech.

Russia’s top diplomat slammed the Western sanctions against Russia as “outrages,” saying that it was precisely because of the restrictions imposed by the EU that he could not attend the meeting in person. Lavrov claimed that the sanctions prove that “EU member states are afraid of an open, honest dialogue face to face.” He also lamented the worsening security situation in the world, blaming it on the US and its allies’ attempts to “aggressively impose their own world order” on others.

Lavrov went on to accuse the West of turning a blind eye to what he described as “systematic human rights violations” in Ukraine since 2014, which predominantly targeted ethnic minorities and political opposition. According to the Russian official, Ukrainian government forces launched a military offensive in 2014, targeting the Russian-speaking population in the Donbass for refusing to renounce their own language and identity. Lavrov went so far as to call Kiev’s actions a “genocide,” insisting that Russia has collected enough evidence to prove that atrocities against civilians have taken place in eastern Ukraine.

On top of that, Russia’s Foreign Minister claimed that far-right groups and militias have permeated the Ukrainian government and security forces alike.

All these factors combined forced Moscow to take decisive measures to defend the millions of Russian-speaking people living in the newly recognized Donbass republics, Lavrov explained.

According to Lavrov, the West had given Ukrainian authorities carte blanche in terms of human rights violations in exchange for total servitude to Western interests. Moscow suspects Washington’s endgame was to turn Ukraine into an “anti-Russia,” with the latter becoming Kiev’s one and only purpose, Lavrov claimed.

Responding to accusations that Russia has violated Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, Russia’s top diplomat cited the 1970 United Nations General Assembly Resolution 2625, The Declaration on Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States, which, according to Lavrov “clearly states that the principles of sovereignty and territorial integrity can only be applied to countries that respect the right of people to self-determination, and where a government represents all the people living in the country regardless of their religion, ethnicity or language.”

Iran's supreme leader weighs in on root cause of Ukraine crisis

Mar. 1, 2022- Ayatollah Khamenei said foreign powers’ influence brought Ukraine to a tragic tipping point

The supreme leader of Iran, Ayatollah Khamenei, claims that Ukraine fell victim to American policies aimed at creating crises around the globe. Khamenei cited Washington’s influence as the “root cause” of the current military conflict in Ukraine.

In a series of statements published on Tuesday both by Iranian media and on the supreme leader’s Twitter page, Khamenei said the US dragged Ukraine to where it is now.

Among Washington’s actions that he thinks led to the military confrontation with Russia were America’s alleged interference in the Eastern European nation’s “internal affairs” in the form of “creating color revolutions and toppling one government and putting another in power.

Khamenei noted that Iran “supports ending the war in Ukraine.

Iran’s supreme leader also said the latest dramatic events in Ukraine should serve as an important lesson to other countries. One of the two key conclusions that can be drawn according to Khamenei is that America and Europe’s support for other countries is just a “mirage and not real. The cleric went on to liken today’s Ukraine” to “yesterday’s Afghanistan,” in that both nations were “left alone” by the US and Western governments.

The other important lesson which Khamenei said could be learned from the Ukrainian crisis is that the “people are governments’ most important support.” He proceeded to claim that the “people of Ukraine” did not really “approve of the government.” According to Iran’s supreme leader, had the Ukrainian government enjoyed popular support, it would not have found itself in the current situation.

For years now, Iran has been languishing under sweeping sanctions imposed by the US and its Western allies, mostly over its nuclear program. Russia has now also been targeted with a raft of unprecedented sanctions by the US, EU, Canada, and several allies in Asia. The punitive measures came in response to Russia launching a military offensive in Ukraine on February 24, which, according to President Vladimir Putin, is not an attempt to occupy the country, but rather to “demilitarize and denazify” it. Ukraine and its allies, however, see these claims as a mere pretext for an “unprovoked” invasion.

In Canada, provincial governments have banned the sale of imported Russian alcohol (vodka) and stores have pulled all Russian products off of their shelves. Laughably petty.

Behind (page 313) but wanted to post this:

Laura said:
I’m not sure my kids, 19 and 16, have even felt that pit in your stomach when you are presented with the graphic results of an intercontinental nuclear exchange, and the freakish ease with which it can occur as a result of an escalating modern war in Europe, like I’m watching right now below my Tusk.

This brought to mind what I read in an article on the Cuban Missile Crisis (may have been on Sott) - that a man in JFK's administration either called or went home to be with his wife because he knew, if missiles were launched, there would only be 5 minutes to annihilation - no time to seek shelter or safety of any kind. The big difference between then and now, I believe, is nuclear bombs are meant more to kill than to destroy infrastructure. And let's not forget that conventional bombs have depleted uranium - the long lasting effects of that is rarely discussed.

PS Please note that the gas pipeline through the territory Ukraine has been fully loaded at 100% (and this is 100 million cubic meters per day) for several days in a row, despite all the hostilities that are taking place there. How does this fit in with all these "sanctions" and the EU's hysteria towards Russia? Will you frantically buy gas from a country with which you want to unleash a world war? No. That's it!
Yeah, and in February the 20th the pipeline was running at 47m cubic per day. They have just been increasing the capacity to 100% in the past few days during the invasion. It is clear some deals are being made behind the scenes. Putin nor EU are ready to completely cut economic ties because in the long term it will prove disastrous for both sides. Waging a full scale economic war would also hurt Putin's position in power. Also remember that the Russian central bank has got their gold and foreign exchange reserves frozen in foreign banks. If hyperinflation hits the Russian economy, people would start questioning if it was all worth at all. I've read some people calling for payments in gold instead of euro/dollar, but how much gold is needed to curb the looming inflation? Many questions ahead but emotions run amok right now which is never a good idea, they all need some ice bucket challenge over their heads instead of pushing big hot red buttons.

They may all play mind games and trash talk all day but at the end of the day nobody wants ww3

Back
Top Bottom