Putin's remarks on satanism

I was feeling similar, although it was some personal issues coming up. But last week I got really down thinking about what the West does, especially with the recent pipeline attack. So by the end of the week I was really down. But reading most of this thread today was really inspiring. Putin really is fighting a religious battle for Truth. I'm glad he is extending his hand to those who can SEE. 🧙‍♂️⛪
I understand the feeling, I get that way sometimes... and sometimes I rely on curiosity for what's next to get me going. I think about Caesar and his time alive, and what it would be like to have been be there to witness it all, and then I realize that we're perhaps in a very similar juncture right now, so this is our moment to witness history take a major shift.

But also, using Rome as an example, and evil as the topic of this discussion, and thinking about that Gospel of Caesar documentary, I remember that one of the sensations I was left with was how heartbreaking it must have been for those who had the privilege of living with Caesar in their midst, and then see it all taken away from them.

I remember Carotta, and the Spanish priest that was accompanying him, made the mention that it was out of that heartbreak that the figure of Divus Julius was born, perhaps it was out of that heartbreak married with some preexisting knowledge and work, that Paul was inspired to become who he became and teach what he taught.

Recently I re read The Assassination of Julius Caesar, and the author makes an interesting point about history and what reaches us, history is written about large events and influential people, by influential historians with their own allegiances and political agendas at the time, so the impact of those events and those individuals on people have to be inferred by the reader of history, but it is impossible by simply reading those pages.

A hundred years from now someone could be reading about the situation in Ukraine and read about a great leader, Vladimir Putin, and Biden and Von Der Leyen, etc. But the meaning of these events and individuals to the people, much like it happened with Caesar, will only be visible through how individuals transform, individually yes... but also, within a collective body, if that makes sense.

And it struck me that, in terms of the omnipresent and everlasting evil, our individual transformation is the best and most adequate response, as it was at the time of Caesar and as Paul was inviting others to realize.

We live in a world where leaders spare no effort in destroying knowledge, and working against life. They create misery, pain, suffering and so much more, they do not care who has to suffer in order for them to achieve their goals, to get rid of those whom they despise or who get in their way... like in the times of Caesar, and that is heartbreaking, to come into a world controlled by such forces, where one is seen as a mere number in a large machine designed for one purpose.

And it's disheartening, to think about a human life, all the love and effort that is simply a tool or food for someone else.

But, like in the times of Caesar, we also live in a world that offers us inspiration in figures like Putin, and as such we could give in and become what they indeed want us to become, spiritless creatures, material and finite, or we can choose to live anchored by the inspiration that is being offered, spiritual and eternal, for our lives to exist, or have an influence, after we pass.

The more I think about this, the more I agree with that priest that was accompanying Carotta, at some point in that documentary, he says something like.. Maybe Caesar wasn't the template for Jesus, but one has to admit that witnessing the reenactment does have a solemn, liturgical and divine tone to it, one could see how an entire religious movement could be born out of it.

And maybe that is why Laura's work on Paul saw the light in these times, it may be no coincidence, it's the right knowledge for the moment in history we're living. I know that there's a pessimistic implication in what I wrote above, if one traces a comparison line between Caesar and Putin... there's the possibility of a similar fate, but remember the heartbreak and all the possibilities that it brings, and remember that evil does what evil does.

And it's not that Caesar or Putin showed up because evil receded, they showed up in the middle of it to face it.

I hope the above made sense.

The more I think about this, the more I agree with that priest that was accompanying Carotta, at some point in that documentary, he says something like.. Maybe Caesar wasn't the template for Jesus, but one has to admit that witnessing the reenactment does have a solemn, liturgical and divine tone to it, one could see how an entire religious movement could be born out of it.

And maybe that is why Laura's work on Paul saw the light in these times, it may be no coincidence, it's the right knowledge for the moment in history we're living. I know that there's a pessimistic implication in what I wrote above, if one traces a comparison line between Caesar and Putin... there's the possibility of a similar fate, but remember the heartbreak and all the possibilities that it brings, and remember that evil does what evil does.

And it's not that Caesar or Putin showed up because evil receded, they showed up in the middle of it to face it.

I hope the above made sense.

Hope lies in knowledge. We know that events can potentially be repeated. But hasn't communication with the C's shown that we have as a group the time machine?

Caesar said he thought he could change things by being an example to others.

Maybe it is time to be like Caesar. Or in our reality, like Putin. Maybe in this way we can manifest that better reality, where caesar does not die.

Irene Montero, Minister for Equal Opportunities of Spain, speaking on September 21 at the meeting of the Commission for Equal Opportunities of the Congress of Deputies (the lower house of the Spanish Parliament), stated the following:
Whatever may come when shtf, people the world over like Montero and her clappers, will eventually face great hostilities from societies who have simply had enough. Most people know deep down that what you say below is true.
Monsters of the 21st century.

I think about Caesar and his time alive, and what it would be like to have been be there to witness it all, and then I realize that we're perhaps in a very similar juncture right now, so this is our moment to witness history take a major shift.
I loved your message Alejo. Many thoughts you express reflect my own muddled musings, but far more eloquently; as always.

To expand on what you said above, from a slightly different perspective (apologies if this sounds weird) : I wonder if perhaps many Souled beings who have carnated to be present at this time of the Wave were actually present / alive at the time of Caesar, possibly some were even part of his army. Perhaps some who have carnated now have a connection to some 'soul memory' of this from their own past life, or are possibly a part of the same soul group. Perhaps these souls are part of the many who are aware of the truth about the vaccine, who see what is happening with Ukraine, who see or at least sense the dark Agenda, who KNOW of the highest potential seeded in humanity - who naturally and actively embody Christ consciousness on some level in their own lives.

But also, using Rome as an example, and evil as the topic of this discussion, and thinking about that Gospel of Caesar documentary, I remember that one of the sensations I was left with was how heartbreaking it must have been for those who had the privilege of living with Caesar in their midst, and then see it all taken away from them.
When I read this session where the Chateau Crew were talking with Caesar, I was quite taken aback at my feelings that flowed freely... I felt such incredible pain in my heart and deep sadness and actually cried for quite a while after reading it - even thoughts of his words now, make me emotional. I felt the intensity and authenticity of the frequency coming through, of Caesar's genuine heartbreak; the grief of that stayed with me a long time, and I guess it has never really gone away, but it is not as acute as it was at the time. I could feel an awareness of what he had worked so hard to achieve... not for glory, not for recognition - instead from an intrinsic love of humanity / the awareness of the essence of the consciousness seeded within Souled beings. I was deeply touched by the frequency I felt from his Soul, while reading that conversation - and my whole perspective about Caesar crystallised on some level; not even so much because of the words being transmitted or the questions that were asked - just from the frequency of the transmission.

I feel there are parallels with Caesar and Putin on a 'frequency' level, I was not surprised to see the C's said they are members of the same soul group. This is not to 'idolise' Putin, simply to acknowledge the connection and genuine intention I feel is there. I do feel Putin embodies a lot of really positive qualities that he does not get to reveal to the public, lest they be seen as 'weakness' or vulnerability. He is fairly resolute and tries to be fairly balanced / neutral / objective a lot of the time, when I am sure at times he is feeling a great deal more, but I wonder if Caesar was no different. It was good to see Putin after his speech on Sep 30, 'shining' at the celebration that night... I feel he does not get to show his true feelings / emotions very much, or his warmer, more 'human' face (that the West particularly do not want people to see).

This quote below made me also see a mirror' between Caesar and Putin:

SESSION 12 July 2014 - Caesar

(Perceval) Did Caesar himself ever kill anyone?
A: Many, certainly.

Q: (Perceval) So, given the times around then being very war-like, with a lot of fighting and death going on in general... and with some kind of a Great Soul at the time coming down and... it doesn't necessarily have to be a peacemaker kissing people's feet like Jesus... But is there some thing like what we would understand as a prohibition against killing other people as a requirement for being "spiritually evolved"
A: That idea is for the most part an exaggerated human philosophical construct.

Q: (L) So the idea that...
(Perceval) That to be good, thou shalt not kill...
(Atriedes) But which religion does that come from? The most killingest religion on the planet!
(Perceval) It does seem to... Killing another human being for a normal human being does seem to be quite a traumatic thing.
(Atriedes) It's socially inculcated.
(Perceval) I doubt it. I mean, for soldiers, they come back with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, they're trained to kill, and they want to kill themselves afterwards, ya know? They can't handle the fact that they...
(Pierre) Maybe the difference is that Caesar was aware of the very
fundamental reason why he was killing...
A: Caesar intended to eliminate or vastly reduce killing. He knew what he was up against.

I know that there's a pessimistic implication in what I wrote above, if one traces a comparison line between Caesar and Putin... there's the possibility of a similar fate, but remember the heartbreak and all the possibilities that it brings, and remember that evil does what evil does.
SESSION 12 July 2014 - Caesar

Q: (Perceval) [Something about souls coming to Earth...] ...that Caesar had a great mission, perhaps? Or he saw the planet at the time, humanity at the time, and I'm assuming that... Was it a failure, or maybe it was not a matter of success or failure. What was his mission, or what were the tangible results of his mission? I mean, from what we understand, Rome went to hell after he died, and then got destroyed, if that timeline is actually correct. But, what did he achieve?
A:
He balanced karma and created a template that was not available until his time. Mercy had never been demonstrated in such a way before. The problem, as always, is the STS domination of your realm. But Caesar did not fail. By his death he was glorified and remembered for over 2000 years even if only under a fake legend.
Q: (Perceval) That's as good as it gets. You get a phony name and a religion...
(L) That's as good as it gets.
(Atriedes) Not entirely. People know he existed even after 2000 years...
A: Aren't YOU asking about him NOW??

It seems that Caesar did exactly what he was meant to do at the time. If it hadn't happened that way, where would humanity be now?? Without that 'template', without those stories being passed on (even though they were intentionally distorted / hijacked by STS) without the suffering we have endured collectively, how would anything have ever built to this point where it had the potential to truly change? What would we have become without Caesar? The thought boggles my mind.

I feel that with Putin has been in preparation for this for millennia (on some level). As this Shadow Agenda continues to attempt to inflict it's strangle-hold on humanity (and all within this density), I cannot help but feel it is logical that there will ultimately be some kind of 'equalising' frequency that results: 'for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction'. It seems highly possible that the obsession these dark entities possess in attempting to execute their plans - truly - may ultimately prove to be their 'Achilles heel'. I don't offer that as a form of 'wishful thinking', just that it appears to be a real possibility, particularly given the coming 'level playing field'.

SESSION 19 July 2014 - on 'hubris'

(Perceval) No, that's not what I'm thinking of. In terms of these people at the top of the pyramid, do they feel threatened in any way by what Putin and Russia is doing, or is that merely at the lower level of geopolitical chessboard nonsense?
A: They are incapable of seeing outcomes
other than what they wish.

SESSION 22 October 1994 - on 'obsession'

Q: (L) There are an awful lot of people who are being open and trusting and having faith who are getting zapped and knocked on their rears.
A: No. That is simply your perception. What you are failing to perceive is that these people are not really gathering knowledge. These people are stuck at some point in their pathway to progress and they are undergoing a
hidden manifestation of what is referred to in your terms as obsession. Obsession is not knowledge, obsession is stagnation. So, when one becomes obsessed, one actually closes off the absorption and the growth and the progress of soul development which comes with the gaining of true knowledge. For when one becomes obsessed one deteriorates the protection therefore one is open to problems, to tragedies, to all sorts of difficulties. Therefore one experiences same.

Although they are referring to 'seekers' of knowledge in the above passage, I feel this is likely to also relate to the 'shadow side'.
'As above, so below.'
And it struck me that, in terms of the omnipresent and everlasting evil, our individual transformation is the best and most adequate response, as it was at the time of Caesar and as Paul was inviting others to realize.
Absolutely, dear Alejo.
What greater response is there, than the light of the Soul? ✨❤️‍🔥

What greater response is there, than the light of the Soul? ✨❤️‍🔥
I think so too, but we mustn't forget that some of that light sometimes comes from the fire that burns after heartbreak.

To expand on what you said above, from a slightly different perspective (apologies if this sounds weird) : I wonder if perhaps many Souled beings who have carnated to be present at this time of the Wave were actually present / alive at the time of Caesar, possibly some were even part of his army. Perhaps some who have carnated now have a connection to some 'soul memory' of this from their own past life, or are possibly a part of the same soul group. Perhaps these souls are part of the many who are aware of the truth about the vaccine, who see what is happening with Ukraine, who see or at least sense the dark Agenda, who KNOW of the highest potential seeded in humanity - who naturally and actively embody Christ consciousness on some level in their own lives.
And this is a good question, but perhaps one that is either impossible to answer, or where the answer might simply be.. yes, some must have, but not all who might be a bit more attuned to curiously digging for the truth, were. So, I personally think that they're not mutually exclusive.

There is something interesting in people who buy into the "Putin is evil" narrative, even if they know of the systematic lies of the media. First of all, I think that they've been immersed for so long in a certain way of viewing the world, through how politicians, "intellectuals", authorities and even ordinary people talk and act, that they cannot understand Putin. His actions are outside of the mental framework through which they understand. They are bizarre to the bizarre and normal to the normal. Someone commented that film directors cannot produce movies about normal human beings because they've never been around sane and normal human beings. I think a similar situation applies here. The other thing that is closely related is ignorance about evil. Not only they are blind to what is good, they are also blind to what it evil. Evil, especially the one that originates from psychopaths and permeates society little by little, has been so normalized that without getting out of it for a while, one cannot notice it anymore, just like a fish has little awareness that it is in water. It's just is, not water not anything else. Also, most people do not live in the real world, they live in an imaginary world where there is such a thing as Western democracies and Western values, where anyone can decide to be a woman or anything, etc.. If people are confused about what's between their legs, I doubt they are in a condition that allows for understanding anything.

I think so too, but we mustn't forget that some of that light sometimes comes from the fire that burns after heartbreak.
It does... but it is also a light that brings Souled beings to a place of deeper knowledge and wisdom, gifting the potential of growth.
The repeated burns sear those lessons into our consciousness.
And eventually... we all learn.

"Love is Light is Knowledge. Love makes no sense when common definitions are used as they are in your environment. To love you must know. And to know is to have light. And to have light is to love. And to have knowledge is to love."

So there is that, however, I do think that there's a lot of pain before we get to the point where a new reality will become evident.
There will be pain for everyone, but those who have benefitted from our current corrupt system the most will suffer the most. Those with conscience who have SEEN all the horrors and lies of the elite and watched in horror as family members and average people go under the spell of malicious programming will find some comfort at least in knowing the PTB's day in the sun will soon be over. Too many people have invested all in a 'pursuit of happiness... system' that is all about greed and vanity. They will find themselves desolate in the coming hard times when knowledge and faith are needed. Many who would be first will be last and the last will be first.

I wasn't sure which thread to post this on, but I am hoping some of our Russian members are reading this one. There is a weekly newsletter called "World Affairs Brief" put out by Joel Skousen. He has said many times that the fall of the Soviet Union was not real, that communism just went underground. In this week's newsletter, he uses these points as his "proof":

1) Former East German dictator Erik Honecker admitted on his death bed that Moscow gave him orders to let the student protests go forward in Leipzig that started it all and to stand down the Stazi. Later he was ordered to allow the Berlin wall to be torn down—to let the protestors think they had “won.” Moscow also gave orders for all the Communist dictators in Eastern Europe to step down. Only Nicolae Ceausescu of Romania refused and had to be killed.

2) Protestors in Red Square in Moscow in support of Boris Yeltsin (the pretended pro-Western reformer) were amazed that the KGB did not appear in force, unlike all former protests where protestors were beaten and arrested. They had been told to stand down. The television station broadcasting Yeltsin’s speech from atop the tank was still under Communist control, but they did not cut off the TV feed or air a pro-government counter-report, as they could have.

3) The attempted KGB coup against Gorbachev at his undefended dacha supposedly failed—as if the vaunted KGB which had overthrown entire governments before was so incompetent!

4) The heads of the KGB, GRU, and Defense Ministry were reported as “fleeing for their lives.” These men supposedly controlled the highest levels of military and police power in the entire Soviet Union. Who were they fleeing from? No one in the Western media bothered to even ask that question. In fact, all these top “leaders” including Gorbachev had been mid-level bureaucrats a couple of years prior to being elevated to their top positions. That means other more powerful people behind the scenes were selecting them and directing their actions.

5) These secret top Communist leaders came out of hiding after the “fall” and became the new Oligarchs, the only ones who had the power to get the Russian State Bank to “loan” them the money to buy up Gazprom, the Oil companies, and media, to become super wealthy. Boris Berezovsky became the head of the new Commonwealth of Independent States—a euphemism for the remnants of the Soviet Union. Putin met with Berezovsky five times at his Spanish villa the year he ascended to the presidency, indicating that Boris Berezovsky was still the real behind-the-scenes leader in Russia (until Putin had him assassinated in London).

Skousen goes on to say that Putin's Russia is no paragon of moral virtue. He says, "Russians may not allow the promotion of the woke agenda publicly, but few in Russia honestly champion the daily virtues Putin if falsely espousing. It has its own high levels of corruption. Russians have the highest rate of marriage infidelity and divorce in the world at around 80-90 percent. Alcoholism is chronic at all levels of society. Drugs, prostitution, gangs, organized crime and even homosexuality exist everywhere in Russia, but especially in large cities. Homosexuality is just more open in the West. The underground Soviet criminal syndicates still control their own drug trade like they did before the fall, even though they used to target only the West with their drug imports—which the CIA took over during the Vietnam war and when Afghanistan fell under US control."

_______
So dear Russian members, does any of that make any sense to you? Some of the points about the fall make some sense, for example, how the KGB was not stopping the protestors as it normally did. Is your country still being run by Communists? On the morality point, do you see high levels of infidelity and divorce in your circles? And so on.

It's hard to know what is really true. From what I have read, Putin seems to be a decent person. But he could be just acting, and speeches in which he talks about satanism could just be a big plot to make him seem something he is not. This guy, Skousen, is not saying the U.S. is the good guy. He knows we are not. But his premise is, just because Putin talks in such ways does not make him a good guy either, and that Russia (and China) want their own version of power and control that the West is trying to keep.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I wasn't sure which thread to post this on, but I am hoping some of our Russian members are reading this one. There is a weekly newsletter called "World Affairs Brief" put out by Joel Skousen. He has said many times that the fall of the Soviet Union was not real, that communism just went underground. In this week's newsletter, he uses these points as his "proof":

1) Former East German dictator Erik Honecker admitted on his death bed that Moscow gave him orders to let the student protests go forward in Leipzig that started it all and to stand down the Stazi. Later he was ordered to allow the Berlin wall to be torn down—to let the protestors think they had “won.” Moscow also gave orders for all the Communist dictators in Eastern Europe to step down. Only Nicolae Ceausescu of Romania refused and had to be killed.

2) Protestors in Red Square in Moscow in support of Boris Yeltsin (the pretended pro-Western reformer) were amazed that the KGB did not appear in force, unlike all former protests where protestors were beaten and arrested. They had been told to stand down. The television station broadcasting Yeltsin’s speech from atop the tank was still under Communist control, but they did not cut off the TV feed or air a pro-government counter-report, as they could have.

3) The attempted KGB coup against Gorbachev at his undefended dacha supposedly failed—as if the vaunted KGB which had overthrown entire governments before was so incompetent!

4) The heads of the KGB, GRU, and Defense Ministry were reported as “fleeing for their lives.” These men supposedly controlled the highest levels of military and police power in the entire Soviet Union. Who were they fleeing from? No one in the Western media bothered to even ask that question. In fact, all these top “leaders” including Gorbachev had been mid-level bureaucrats a couple of years prior to being elevated to their top positions. That means other more powerful people behind the scenes were selecting them and directing their actions.

5) These secret top Communist leaders came out of hiding after the “fall” and became the new Oligarchs, the only ones who had the power to get the Russian State Bank to “loan” them the money to buy up Gazprom, the Oil companies, and media, to become super wealthy. Boris Berezovsky became the head of the new Commonwealth of Independent States—a euphemism for the remnants of the Soviet Union. Putin met with Berezovsky five times at his Spanish villa the year he ascended to the presidency, indicating that Boris Berezovsky was still the real behind-the-scenes leader in Russia (until Putin had him assassinated in London).

Skousen goes on to say that Putin's Russia is no paragon of moral virtue. He says, "Russians may not allow the promotion of the woke agenda publicly, but few in Russia honestly champion the daily virtues Putin if falsely espousing. It has its own high levels of corruption. Russians have the highest rate of marriage infidelity and divorce in the world at around 80-90 percent. Alcoholism is chronic at all levels of society. Drugs, prostitution, gangs, organized crime and even homosexuality exist everywhere in Russia, but especially in large cities. Homosexuality is just more open in the West. The underground Soviet criminal syndicates still control their own drug trade like they did before the fall, even though they used to target only the West with their drug imports—which the CIA took over during the Vietnam war and when Afghanistan fell under US control."

_______
So dear Russian members, does any of that make any sense to you? Some of the points about the fall make some sense, for example, how the KGB was not stopping the protestors as it normally did. Is your country still being run by Communists? On the morality point, do you see high levels of infidelity and divorce in your circles? And so on.

It's hard to know what is really true. From what I have read, Putin seems to be a decent person. But he could be just acting, and speeches in which he talks about satanism could just be a big plot to make him seem something he is not. This guy, Skousen, is not saying the U.S. is the good guy. He knows we are not. But his premise is, just because Putin talks in such ways does not make him a good guy either, and that Russia (and China) want their own version of power and control that the West is trying to keep.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
I am Romanian member, and after only few chapters from the book With Friends Like These (written by Larry Watts, political analyst) I understand much better the CCCP and the Communist Block politics. Indeed after the change of regime the majority of the Communist countries kept their administrative and political systems almost unchanged. Only in Romania it was completely destroyed, proof of that being the savage Transition, much extended Reform and the complete decimation of Romania's industry. After 30 years of living 10000 km away, I'm thinking that 1991 was the successful completion of a 100 year experiment that got changed in favor of covert rather than overt generalization of the system. In full honesty, during communism, we owned nothing and we were happy. However, I somehow smell coal rather than Holly Water and Mirth coming from Santa Schwab 🎒.
Google-Ergebnis für https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1505770173l/36264280.jpg

I don't know if one have to be Russian to give an opinion on this, but I think that these numbers can be easily found in the west. You only have to look at cities like Detroid or some neighborhoods in California where there are people in the streets consuming drugs and alcohol just to forget for a while the physical and psychological pain they are subjected to. It seems to me that this is a generalized and global situation. Now if you think about it, if it is bad enough for Russia those numbers, imagine what would happen if the whole woke agenda comes in....

I'm thinking that 1991 was the successful completion of a 100 year experiment that got changed in favor of covert rather than overt
Thank you for that information.

I don't know if one have to be Russian to give an opinion on this, but I think that these numbers can be easily found in the west.

No, I just asked for the Russian opinions since Skousen was talking about the Russians. And you are right, these horrible conditions can be found the west in large numbers! I have seen them personally. I just didn't know if his numbers were correct for Russia.

_______

Any thoughts? Thanks.
I have subscribed to WAB for many years and consider it (and the website in general) to be an excellent resource for current events backstory and US historic shenanigans. World Affairs Brief He also has some very good books, such as Strategic Relocation and The Secure Home. Skousen seems to be very well connected in terms of government and military matters. Sometimes I even write to him after reading his briefs about points of disagreement, and I always get a thoughtful reply on the subject. Smart people can have differing opinions. I think it is useful to consider many viewpoints. At the very least, I'm pretty sure he does not take his points from Mockingbird Media.
Off topic: At the end of each weekly brief is a small section on preparedness, covering many areas regarding getting prepared for the coming hard times ahead. Sometimes I post these sections on various threads of this forum. Today the section was about camping.

10/7/22

PREPAREDNESS TIP: CAMPING by Andrew Skousen

Camping is an excellent way to test a huge range of self-sufficiency skills. It is a way to take a break from the modern conveniences around us and have fun doing so. Just as visiting a national park is so much more impressive than viewing a postcard, staying a few nights in nice areas can bring a much greater experience than just living at home or staying in a hotel. Camping lets you enjoy the full experience of living near a lake, in lush forests, in majestic mountains, or in a meadow. The depth of enjoyment in the great outdoors grows as you expand your knowledge, skill and abilities of what it takes to be comfortable in the raw resources of nature, and these skills can be a valuable foundation for self-sufficient living when you add in modern technology. There are many ways to camp—from so-called “glamping” in cabins or RVs to just minimalist survival. I recommend engaging in the form that works for you, but take the opportunity to expand your skills at the same time. Here are some ideas.

Car Camping: There are thousands of campgrounds all over the country just waiting for you to pull up and set up camp (some of the popular ones must be reserved in advance, but almost all have sites on a first-come, first-serve basis). For a modest fee you get a parking spot, a tent site and access to clean running water and bathrooms. The amenities vary widely from some KOAs with swimming pools and hot-water showers down to sites with basic pit toilets and a community cold water spigot. Expect to get by with just clean water and bathrooms. After a few times, you will find it easy to throw the basics into the back of the car and head out for a weekend. When you do, try to practice new skills like fishing, fire-building, cooking over coals, cleaning up and maintaining hygiene. Roughing it, helps us all appreciate utilities and conveniences that we take for granted and reminds us what is most valuable and how to focus and prioritize our preparedness efforts.

Backpacking: When you leave behind the convenience of your vehicle to spend an overnight or more on foot you really have to sharpen your skills to eliminate any extra weight. Water weighs a lot so it pays to collect and purify it from streams along the way. Food also adds weight and bulk so anything you can live off the land makes for an easier time and lets you stay out longer. This kind of camping also builds physical fitness and makes you hone your equipment. It also opens up access to untouched parts of natural beauty that are hard to reach otherwise.

Winter Camping: Camping during the summer is pleasant, but you don’t have to give up on camping when it gets cold or wet. This is another opportunity to improve your skills to learn how to keep your tent or other shelter warm and dry against the elements. Learning to shed water away from a tent in the rain or digging a snow cave in the winter are very valuable lessons.

Primitive Skills Camps: In the 1960s a group of professors at BYU in Utah started teaching their students about the lifestyles of primitive cultures by living for a month with only that level of technology. This drew others who were interested and eventually annual gatherings became popular centered around the forgotten skills of the 18th and 19th centuries. Every year avid enthusiasts gather for week-long campouts to employ and share their skills in large camps. The focus of the groups varies but you will typically find people in pioneer dresses and buckskin garb around a big fire pit, living out of teepees and canvas tents (usually with modern tents and camp trailers nearby). They typically share at least one meal together, and attendees pay to attend unless they can offer enough skills to be instructors.
Classes are varied and interesting, with hands-on skills from everything from basic bushwacking to advanced mountain-man skills or pioneer-era vocations. They teach each other blacksmithing skills, how to weave baskets, make ropes, wash with old-fashioned equipment, turn rocks and sticks into arrows with arrowheads, smoke meat, tan hides, make moccasins, and how to knit and sew—to name but a few. There are usually so many classes taught that it is impossible to attend them all.
At night they pull out instruments of all kinds and sing and have group dances near the campfire. This may sound boring compared to fast-paced TV shows and popcorn movie theaters, but the live music from a banjo and fiddle when to put to dance under the direction of a good “caller”—a person who calls out each dance step—is lively, uplifting and wholesome. The dances bring a friendly cohesiveness as you dance in synchrony and have fun together as a large group.
The most popular rendevous of this kind is still the offshoot from the original gathering started by college professors from BYU—the Rabbitstick Primitive Skills Conference in Rexburg, ID in September. Tickets always sell out very quickly after registration opens in late February. This year they went for $425 per adult, with discounts for youth and kids. You can look for a “Mountain Man Rendevous” in your states, or come to a good one in Green River UT at the second weekend in July. The earliest camp of the year is Winter Count in AZ in February. There are many more, most of which occur in or around the Rocky Mountains.

Some camps and groups are hard to find except by word-of-mouth. With their focus on primitive skills, many groups do not have good websites. Every camp and group has a different flavor, including some that are less family-friendly. The pictures of past events can tell you a lot about what to expect. Be prepared for dedicated enthusiasm for a bygone era which can attract strange characters but almost everyone is friendly, helpful and willing to share what they love.
One of the most authentic camps that is especially family-friendly is the “Little School on the Prairie” as inspired by the series of books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. All the attendees are encouraged to wear clothes similar to the 1800s era and the instructors and participants focus on teaching from the skills described in the books and helping families live the wholesome life described in the books. Instead of an open registration, the Prairie School organizers ask prospective attendees to tell a little about themselves, with a priority given to families with the same mindset. Held during the school year in the early part of October, it favors homeschooling families, some of which are better behaved. It is like going to Gettysburg only you get to dress up and participate as a family camp.

Most of us can’t afford a cabin in the most beautiful natural scenery around, but we can still enjoy living there, if just for a few nights at a time—if you are willing to camp. Formal campsites abound all over the US and elsewhere and as your skills improve you can camp on public lands far away from crowds for much less—as long as you can live without utilities.

If you haven’t explored the benefits of camping in the great outdoors, take some time to get out and enjoy some of the many, many options. There are many valuable experiences to be gained and the equipment is nearly all valuable for use in bug out bags or to form the backbone of your 72 hour kit, especially backpacking equipment. Avoid the trappings of modern-day “glamping” that brings modern conveniences with use and instead use these opportunities to expand your abilities with practical equipment. Push yourself to do more than just cook hot dogs and smores on a stick, such as learning to boil water and cook over an open fire amid a whole range of other skills that make the most of what is around you. The experience and the memories last a lifetime.

_______

Any thoughts? Thanks.
I apologize for misunderstanding your question. I thought you were asking about Skousen rather than Russia.

Back
Top Bottom