Quotes

[quote author=Patrick] is there STS love and STO love existing simultaneously?[/quote]

It’s my understanding that STS consumes, and STO gives.

What masks itself as love for STS is really possession. – fwiw.

Erich Fromm said:
Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love.

St. Aurelius Augustine said:
Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul.

Antoine De Saint-Exupery said:
True love begins when nothing is looked for in return.

Honore de Balzac said:
True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart.

William Shakespeare said:
The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite.

Margaret Anderson said:
In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person.

Karen Sunde said:
To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven.

Alexander Smith said:
Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition.

Ivan Panin said:
For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.

Leo Buscaglia said:
The life and love we create is the life and love we live.

Unknown said:
From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being.

Lope de Vega said:
Harmony is pure love, for love is a concerto.

Jean Paul Richter said:
Paradise is always where love dwells.

Germaine De Stael said:
Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notion of time; effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end.

Vincent van Gogh said:
Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.

Benjamin Franklin said:
Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart said:
Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.

James A. Baldwin said:
Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.

"Knowledge is power, but how you use that power defines whether you're good, or evil." - Daniel Jackson, "The Powers That Be" (Stargate SG-1)

Denis said:
"Knowledge is power, but how you use that power defines whether you're good, or evil." - Daniel Jackson, "The Powers That Be" (Stargate SG-1)

He was always my favorite character, apart from Tielk. ;)

bngenoh said:
Denis said:

My favorite part between Teal'c and O'Neill:

"Teal'c, look scary and take point."

- Col. O'Neill, "Prisoners"

Zadius Sky said:
bngenoh said:
Denis said:

My favorite part between Teal'c and O'Neill:

"Teal'c, look scary and take point."

- Col. O'Neill, "Prisoners"

Ha ha, yep, the show wouldn't be complete without Colonel O'Neill's (Richard Dean Anderson) punch lines. :)

Denis said:
Ha ha, yep, the show wouldn't be complete without Colonel O'Neill's (Richard Dean Anderson) punch lines. :)
I liked him better when he had the knowledge of the ancients downloaded into his mind. ;)

T. S. Eliot said:
Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm. But the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it. Because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.

Something similar, bngenoh:

"Most of the trouble in this world has been caused by folks who can't mind their own business, because they have no business of their own to mind, any more than a smallpox virus has."
William S. Burroughs

:lol: good one NewOrleans.

Harrison Koehli said:
Trying to make sense of chaos is human nature. Look at a blurry picture and your mind will try to 'piece it together' into something intelligible. And it's rewarding when it comes together. 'Aha!' However, say that picture is evidence of a crime. The criminal has a vested interest in keeping it obscure, whether that means burning the evidence or influencing your perception of the blur in question. When truth is an obstacle to one's ambition, lies are the only option, and that puts one at odds with anything truly human or spiritual in nature. It puts one in a position that goes against reality, forcing it into something it is not. Silencing those who question your manufactured reality - and thus risk waking others up to the truth and your own downfall - naturally follows.

This places those on the receiving end of the propaganda at a crossroads. It forces the questions: What do you truly value? Will you settle for being conned, if it means a relatively comfortable life? Or will you walk the 'thorny road of truth'? That is spirituality.

Um...
I have another one from Stargate SG-1 season 9 episode "Stronghold" (it seems I'm on a roll here with Stargate series! ;D)

Teal'c had been captured by the ex Goa'uld System Lord Ba'al, in order to be brainwashed along with other members of the Jaffa High Council so they could serve Ba'al's plan. He successfully resists the brainwashing techniques of the Goa'uld technology, and eventually gets rescued by the remaining SG-1 team, who are being backed up with several SGC soldiers (strength is in numbers, as they say).
Later on, when Teal'c is with his friends again, Colonel Mitchell asks him how did he manage to resist the brainwashing and Teal'c tells him:
"To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important."

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. The free mind is no barking dog to be tethered on a ten-foot chain.

- Adlai E. Stevenson Jr. (1900 - 1965)

NewOrleans said:
"The beginning of Wisdom is the calling of things by their real names."
Chinese proverb

Just 13 words, and the meaning is so powerful. Can I add that it may also mean the beginning of Courage?

Thank you, NewOrleans. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom