Quotes

I never cared for Freud, even though I never read him. So, I have been negatively ignorant and biased.
Lately, I've read that Freud is virtually out-lawed from psych studies in university, which is interesting. Perhaps he either served his purpose and is now being discarded, or his ideas violate the psycho-drama-behavior-control-psyops models, which is even more interesting. But here are some of the quotes from the video. He's no Lao-Tse, but some items were unexpected and dislodge my bias a little bit. If he wrote poems or songs, I think he'd be much more educational and entertaining than most songsters. But I minimize him, my apologies.

Envy is destructive. Don’t be tempted by it, live by your own rules.
In the small matters trust the mind, in the large ones trust the heart.
Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

• A busy man is seldom visited by idle friends -- no flies fly to a boiling pot.
  • One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.
  • The more perfect a person is on the outside, the more demons they have on the inside.
  • Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.
  • Depression is a frozen fear.
  • The first indication of stupidity is a complete lack of shame.
  • From error to error, one discovers the entire truth.
  • When one does not have what one wants, one must want what one has.
  • If youth knew, if age could.
  • Thought is action in rehearsal.
  • Friendship is an art of keeping distance while love is an art of intimacy.
  • The best is always the enemy of the good.
  • Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.
  • Limitation in the possibility of enjoyment raises the value of the enjoyment.
  • No mortal is capable of keeping a secret. If his lips are silent, his fingertips speak, betrayal oozes from him through every pore.
  • Every normal person is really only partly normal.
  • A woman should soften but not weaken a man.
  • All family is organized around the most damaged person in it.
  • Words have a magical power. They can bring either the greatest happiness or the deepest despair.
  • Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.
  • Religion is a universal compulsive neurosis.
  • Recognizing a problem is half the success in solving it.
  • How bold one gets when one is sure of being loved.
  • We seek more to take suffering away from ourselves than to gain pleasure.
  • Nothing costs so much in life as illness and ignoring an illness.
  • We are so made, that we can only derive intense enjoyment from a contrast and only very little from a state of things.
  • We do not randomly choose each other. We meet only those who already exist in our subconscious.
  • The secret of the human soul lies in the psychic dramas of childhood. Get to the bottom of these dramas and healing will come.
  • The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization.
  • The mind is like an iceberg, it floats with one-seventh of its bulk above water.
  • You do not stop looking for strength and confidence outside, but you should look inside yourself. They have always been there.
  • We enter the world with loneliness and lonely leave it.
  • All adaptation is partial death, the disappearance of a particle of individuality.
  • Love and work, work and love. That’s all there is.
  • Maturity is the ability to postpone gratification.
  • We adults don’t understand children because we don’t understand our own childhood anymore.
  • History is just new people making old mistakes.
  • Civilized society is perpetually menaced with disintegration through this primary hostility of men towards one another.
  • Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief.
You did what I was too lazy to do. Thanks for the transcription!

“Ever since the Cognitive Revolution, Sapiens have thus been living in a dual reality. On the one hand, the objective reality of rivers, trees and lions; and on the other hand, the imagined reality of gods, nations and corporations. As time went by, the imagined reality became ever more powerful, so that today the very survival of rivers, trees and lions depends on the grace of imagined entities such as the United States and Google.”
― Yuval Noah Harari

Words of encouragement as explicated in ‘Unseen Warfare‘ by Lorenzo Scupoli, Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain & St. Theophan the Recluse:

The ruling idea of (Christian theology) is familiar to all of us from St. Paul, for it is he who tells us that the Christian life is an athletic contest, and draws the conclusion that we must go into training for it. It is he, again, who likens the Christian life to a battle, and the Christian to a soldier; he describes the discipline to which the Christian is subject, his armor and his weapons of offense, and the enemies, internal and external, against whom he has to fight. Christian ascetic theology is simply the development of these Pauline conceptions into a systematic doctrine and a practical discipline, so that the Christian soldier or athlete may know exactly what he is contending for, and be well trained for the struggle.” — pg. 15

You must never be afraid, if you are troubled by a flood of thoughts, that the enemy is too strong against you, that his attacks are never ending, that the war will last for your lifetime, and that you cannot avoid incessant downfalls of all kinds. Know that our enemies, with all their wiles, are in the hands of our divine Commander, for whose honor and glory you are waging war. Since He himself leads you into battle, He will certainly not suffer your enemies to use violence against you and overcome you, if you do not yourself cross over to their side with your will. He will Himself fight for you and will deliver your enemies into your hands, when He wills and as He wills…

Thus, since we are always surrounded by so many enemies, whose hatred of us is so bitter, we can expect no peace or respite from them, no cessation or postponement of attacks, but must be ready for an onslaught at any moment and, when it comes, must immediately engage the enemy with courage. Naturally it would have been better, if we had not originally opened the doors of our being and let the enemies and passions enter our heart and soul; but since they have already found their way into us, we cannot afford to be negligent, but must arm ourselves against them to drive them out of us. They are shameless and stubborn and will not leave, unless driven out by force.
" — pgs. 111-112

There is a – let us say – a machine. It evolved itself (I am severely scientific) out of a chaos of scraps of iron and behold! – it knits. I am horrified at the horrible work and stand appalled. I feel it ought to embroider – but it goes on knitting. You come and say: “this is all right; it’s only a question of the right kind of oil. Let us use this – for instance – celestial oil and the machine shall embroider a most beautiful design in purple and gold”. Will it? Alas no. You cannot by any special lubrication make embroidery with a knitting machine. And the most withering thought is that the infamous thing has made itself; made itself without thought, without conscience, without foresight, without eyes, without heart. It is a tragic accident – and it has happened. You can’t interfere with it. The last drop of bitterness is in the suspicion that you can’t even smash it. In virtue of that truth one and immortal which lurks in the force that made it spring into existence it is what it is – and it is indestructible!
It knits us in and it knits us out. It has knitted time space, pain, death, corruption, despair and all the illusions – and nothing matters. I’ll admit however that to look at the remorseless process is sometimes amusing.
Joseph Conrad

If it was on point when he said, it's waaaaay more relevant today.

"Every time I hear a political speech or I read those of our leaders, I am horrified at having, for years, heard nothing which sounded human. It is always the same words telling the same lies. And the fact that men accept this, that the people’s anger has not destroyed these hollow clowns, strikes me as proof that men attribute no importance to the way they are governed." ~Albert Camus

Last edited:
"Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations. This you can do, if you will approach each action as though it were your last, dismissing the wayward thought, the emotional recoil from the commands of reason, the desire to create an impression, the admiration of self, the discontent with your lot. See how little a man needs to master, for his days to flow on in quietness and piety: He has but to observe these few counsels and the gods will ask nothing more." - Marcus Aurelius

There is something worse than any defeat - this is a breakdown in spirit, when even the memory of its former greatness disappears ..

Mikhail Menshikov

We shall never loose our heart !!! ....today one of my relatives lost his leg (trombosis, many circumstances to mention but among others, he was totally afraid of COVID narrative and believed in Sputnik in spite of all our information we gave him...if he made a jab or not is still unknown...) ...in comparison, my grand mother lived 20 years without her mind (she didn’t remember who we are but remembered maths equations) ...What I want to say it’s better to lose your leg then your mind. ...Anyway, take care and knowledge will protect 🙏

Back
Top Bottom